• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

CeLL

Smash Lord
@ Achilles1515 Achilles1515

I've been using 20XX on Dolphin for about 6 months now. Often when I was using 20XX on console, I would repeat the same setup to practice a particular skill several times. However now I use all 10 savestates in Dolphin to save these various setups so that I can load them very quickly, saving a lot of time. It's ridiculously fast compared to on console.

So that gave me the idea of having some common setups (like a setup for ledge teching or powershielding Falco's lasers) pre-set in 20XX, accessible via the Special Melee menu, where every Special Melee is actually just one of these setups. I'm not sure of the feasibility of this, but I think it would be an amazing time saver.

Last edited:

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium

I've been using 20XX on Dolphin for about 6 months now. Often when I was using 20XX on console, I would repeat the same setup to practice a particular skill several times. However now I use all 10 savestates in Dolphin to save these various setups so that I can load them very quickly, saving a lot of time. It's ridiculously fast compared to on console.

So that gave me the idea of having some common setups (like a setup for ledge teching or powershielding Falco's lasers) pre-set in 20XX, accessible via the Special Melee menu, where every Special Melee is actually just a one of these setups. I'm not sure of the feasibility of this, but I think it would be an amazing time saver.
This needs to be a thing! RIP all the Special Melees

Achilles1515

Smash Master
@ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 does it support a color overlay for when you have grabbed your opponent and are awaiting input to pummel? That way we can get frame perfect on our pummel timings...
It should, assuming that is the CatchWait action state.

Is Captain Falcon's tech pattern getting overhauled for 4.0?
Practicing tech chasing on him currently gives me close to nothing.

How about some of the features from 20XX TE like reducing size of / removing READY!, GO! and GAME!
Disable freezing on "GAME!" to spam tech skill, taunt etc
Nametags disappear during Zelda/Sheik/Mewtwo teleport upB
Pressing Start on match results screen doesn't undo your ready state (re-mapped to B)
Save a replay of your last match by pressing Z on the character select screen
Disable Star KO to speed up matches on/off?
L-Cancel Training Wheels on/off (automatically L-cancel but flash on successful input)?
Teching - yes, it will be changed for everyone to be better and you will be able to make them always choose an option.
GAME! - idk. possibly, but very low on the priority list.
Nametags - for sure.
Replays - Probably not in the next version.
Star KO - yes, it's in. I wrote this one.
Training wheels - No, not planning on it.

Acryte

Smash Ace

So that gave me the idea of having some common setups (like a setup for ledge teching or powershielding Falco's lasers) pre-set in 20XX, accessible via the Special Melee menu, where every Special Melee is actually just one of these setups. I'm not sure of the feasibility of this, but I think it would be an amazing time saver.
I was thinking about this yesterday when I spent a significant amount of effort setting up Yoshi's parry (can see how many frames you were invulnerable before jumping out... min 1 max 5) then doublejump landing into something like Dsmash.

Zoler

Smash Ace
You should go directly into the Wait animation after your end lag is over. Are you trying to shine right after? You might be going into crouch for a bit before you shine, try setting crouch to a percent along with Wait, that might fix it. Otherwise, turn on debug and see if there's a different action state you go into after you shffl your nairs.
I tried crouch as well, neither start counting at all between shffl nair and shine. Very weird. I'm very new to using debug mode, could anyone help me? :3

Edit: Starting to crouch is another action state, that start to count sometimes if I press B too late, but I still can't see if I'm pressing too slow after landing with a l-cancelled nair since it counts instantly to 26 everytime I land (I paused right during the l-cancelling animation and Fox doesn't go into normal standing straight away after l-cancel.

Last edited:

BRUJO~

Smash Apprentice
Just downloaded 20xx, I'm having 3 main issues.

1. The screen is... pinched. The walls of the screen are abnormally tight, so It looks skinny.
2. The music keeps skipping
3. The loading screens are absurdly long, such that it is basically impossible to play.

I'm running it off my flashdrive through dios mios if that matters. Please help!

Also, It works perfectly fine on Dolphin, fyi

Last edited:

BRUJO~

Smash Apprentice
Also, when I run normal melee (like from disc) now it freezes.... Which is a tragedy.

CeLL

Smash Lord
Just downloaded 20xx, I'm having 3 main issues.

1. The screen is... pinched. The walls of the screen are abnormally tight, so It looks skinny.
2. The music keeps skipping
3. The loading screens are absurdly long, such that it is basically impossible to play.

I'm running it off my flashdrive through dios mios if that matters. Please help!

Also, It works perfectly fine on Dolphin, fyi
1. Do you have the widescreen code on?
2. ?
3. This is a low read speed on your flash drive

Also, when I run normal melee (like from disc) now it freezes.... Which is a tragedy.
This is caused by DIOS MIOS. Removing it by reinstalling the original Wii files fixes it.

DoFdcos(theta)

Smash Rookie
Hey again!

I am having an error where every time I try to start a vs match with one player using the force-stage-select command, the game always ends as soon as I pick a stage. It loads the "Ready?" and the "Game!" message immediately (it's kinda funny). But I really want to be able to practice by myself! What's messed up here?

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
Hey again!

I am having an error where every time I try to start a vs match with one player using the force-stage-select command, the game always ends as soon as I pick a stage. It loads the "Ready?" and the "Game!" message immediately (it's kinda funny). But I really want to be able to practice by myself! What's messed up here?
You need to set the game to Time mode instead of Stocks. And put unlimited time.
That will do it

Sublimeqt

Smash Rookie
Can anyone tell me how this is better to practice on against Cpus? I vs a level 7 and level 9 fox and they seem exactly the same as my GC disc? Is there anyway to make them play differently? pls help.

Stride

Smash Ace
North-west England (near Manchester/Liverpool)
Can anyone tell me how this is better to practice on against Cpus? I vs a level 7 and level 9 fox and they seem exactly the same as my GC disc? Is there anyway to make them play differently? pls help.
The CPUs are pretty much the same. The only changes are in their DI and teching (which are random; or in some cases, due to technical difficulties which are being worked on for the next version, not random but at least better/more varied than that of the vanilla CPUs), as well as the shines after wakeup in the case of spacies. Only the player 2 CPU acts differently; CPUs in slots 1, 3, and 4 are the same as vanilla Melee.

The modified properties are the same for all levels of CPUs; i.e. a level 1 20XX CPU will DI and tech the same as a level 9 20XX CPU, even though they will still act differently in other areas in the same way they do in vanilla Melee.

There are also the in-game toggles which can be used to make the CPU do things like shield, repeat a specific action, etc.

Last edited:

BRUJO~

Smash Apprentice
The CPUs are pretty much the same. The only changes are in their DI and teching (which are random; or in some cases, due to technical difficulties which are being worked on for the next version, not random but at least better/more varied than that of the vanilla CPUs), as well as the shines after wakeup in the case of spacies. Only the player 2 CPU acts differently; CPUs in slots 1, 3, and 4 are the same as vanilla Melee.

The modified properties are the same for all levels of CPUs; i.e. a level 1 20XX CPU will DI and tech the same as a level 9 20XX CPU, even though they will still act differently in other areas in the same way they do in vanilla Melee.

There are also the in-game toggles which can be used to make the CPU do things like shield, repeat a specific action, etc.
The random DI/teching is automatic, right? You don't have to toggle it on or anything?

Also, how do you set a cpu to a certain percent?

dexia

Smash Apprentice
Hi, if I waht to change te character textures (te alternates with L button), what are these file names??
example, I want to change te zombie falco, the normal green texture is PLFCGR.Dat?
and the other with te texture?

divekicked

Smash Cadet
Hi, if I waht to change te character textures (te alternates with L button), what are these file names??
example, I want to change te zombie falco, the normal green texture is PLFCGR.Dat?
and the other with te texture?
They are in the main post, along side the pictures of the alternate costumes

CeLL

Smash Lord
muchas gracias :)

I see, pikachu does not have alternate textures?
I can change only the original ones in pikachu?
Yes, in the current version of 20XX Pikachu does not have extra costumes, but he will in the next one :)

divekicked

Smash Cadet
Is there a code(s) for the cover overlays anywhere? Specifically i want the teal while in histun code, couldn't seem to find it in any of the code threads.

dexia

Smash Apprentice
question, there are two pokemon stadiums, the normal and no transform, i want to know the name of the texture of the no transform pokemon stadium.
the normal is grps.usd i think

CeLL

Smash Lord
is it just more is does shield dropping not working atm?
Shield dropping is the same as in vMelee. If you are using Nintendont with default settings it may cause a difference. Make sure to enable native input in the Nintendont settings, that will make it normal.

Last edited:

TimpZ

Smash Cadet
Not meaning to be "that guy" but do we have an estimated date on the next release?

The reason I'm asking is that I feel and can see a big need for more PAL-characters. Achilles have stated that
the next update of my version will have all PAL characters included.
so I'm happy it's being worked on. I'm guessing that if I were to replace the character files with PAL Chars.zip then the characters I want would be PAL by default. But if the next release is going to take a lot of time, is there any public information on making the toggleable PAL-switch yourself? How complex is it roughly? (i.e. do I need to erase data and set up the PAL chars with empty data after to keep everything aligned etc)

Infantinoduck

Smash Rookie
Alright guys I was getting a constant bug so I decided that was the encouragement I needed to update so I did. I followed the instructions to the best of my ability, everything seemed right then I went to load it and "Fatal error apploader size is zero!" I updated Mios Dios and that didn't help either. I have the disc in too. So what might be the problem and how can I fix it. Everything is default from the download I know very little about this stuff other than how to follow directions.

Fishaman P

Smash Apprentice
Alright guys I was getting a constant bug so I decided that was the encouragement I needed to update so I did. I followed the instructions to the best of my ability, everything seemed right then I went to load it and "Fatal error apploader size is zero!" I updated Mios Dios and that didn't help either. I have the disc in too. So what might be the problem and how can I fix it. Everything is default from the download I know very little about this stuff other than how to follow directions.
DIOS MIOS is pretty bad nowadays. Try using the Nintendont loader instead.

So apparently the CPU can momentarily steal your tag.
I never noticed this before - just saw it on the 20GX stream
I'm pretty sure that's just a glitch with Dolphin, it messes up tags all the time.

Infantinoduck

Smash Rookie
Not loading with Nintendont either :/ it tries to load it but the screen just goes black and never loads

Edit: Tried replacing files again still didn't work

Last edited:

COB

Smash Apprentice
No matter what I try I get "Folder '&&systemdata' not found" when creating the ISO. Any advice? I have tried two different Melee ISO's and have went through the process multiple times.

PK Illuminati

Banned via Warnings

AngryPiratehat

Smash Apprentice
i've looked up loads of infographics on 20xx to try to figure this out, but every time i try to make a CPU spam an action (specifically player 2) i can't get them to do it :/ someone want to explain to me how to do this like i'm 5?

SuperWildYoshi

Smash Apprentice
Got everything running with Nintendont. Small issues here and there (freezing and weird characters in menu) though nothing too drastic and still very playable.

My question is, once the big update is released in August, do I need to remake my iso and go through the process of patching my Melee (V1.00) to (V1.02) and go through all the steps of adding the hack pack and rebuilding the iso to be read by Nintendont again? Is there an easier way to just update the files?

Thanks

Lex__

Smash Journeyman
Will the next version have all the pal characters or only some like 3.02?

Top Bottom