• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

Svvagcube

Smash Cadet
I got 20xx to work on my wii using nintendont, however my TV does not seem to support NTSC (only b/w). However I heard that it is possible to work your way around that.

So when I try to make nintendont to force Pal 60 the game won't boot at all - it will just stay at a blackscreen.
Are there other settings in nintendont which I should try out?

Is it possible that it is a problem with nintendont and that other launcher might be able to run it in pal60? (a friend recommended me cfg loader)

Also I read somewhere that it is possible to convert the iso to pal?

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
This might have been answered before, but when ever I go to practice mode and set the CPU to Human, it still acts on it's own.
Does this have something to do with what port is the 20XX one? Is this a Spoof controller?
Can I swap that port to say port 3 and have the CPU act normally in training mode?

Also, when is the predictable tech and DI coming? I can't wait to play around with that! I have been trying to make the CPU DI er certain way each time, but with no luck.
@achilles1515
This might have been answered before, but when ever I go to practice mode and set the CPU to Human, it still acts on it's own.

Does this have something to do with what port is the 20XX one? Is this a Spoof controller?
Can I swap that port to say port 3 and have the CPU act normally in training mode?

Also, when is the predictable tech and DI coming? I can't wait to play around with that! I have been trying to make the CPU DI er certain way each time, but with no luck.

@ Achilles1515 Achilles1515
I’m not sure about the Training Mode issue, but it probably has something to do with the P2 toggles. It wouldn’t be an easy thing to switch, and I don’t plan on looking into it. Mainly because I am rewriting almost every code for 20XX 4.0, so it will hopefully be fixed with my greater understanding of ASM and Melee knowledge.

I started writing the teching stuff last week, but then found out it will need to be modified even further from what I wrote. Then, of course, I got distracted and started on other things. So I’ll get back to it. I have not started DI yet.

Currently working on the Color Overlays because I’ve been putting it off. It’s going pretty well and I’ve got the majority of the code done. I just need to do a little more testing to ensure my injection point is okay. It’s a lot more in depth than what is currently available and will support every action state common among all characters. And can be enabled on a per player basis.

overlays1.PNG
overlays2.PNG

Last edited:
So do i just need to turn on all the AR and Gecko codes for 20XX to work on dolphin? because i'm getting an error called "IntCPU: Unknown instruction 00000000 at PC = 00000008 last_PC = 81200cf0 LR = 00000000" after i go to the debug menu at all

Last edited:

divekicked

Smash Cadet
So do i just need to turn on all the AR and Gecko codes for 20XX to work on dolphin? because i'm getting an error called "IntCPU: Unknown instruction 00000000 at PC = 00000008 last_PC = 81200cf0 LR = 00000000" after i go to the debug menu at all
You have to make sure global netplay settings are disabled.

Noc

Smash Journeyman
Are all the codes for the latest 20XX Hack Pack available as Gecko codes? I know some are but many don't seem to be in the Melee Gecko codes thread (e.g. the in-game toggle codes, P2 CPU jumps out of hitstun, disable CPU taunting, disable CPU sheik to zelda transform, disable KO star reset upon closing char port, random stage music, custom FD color, endless friendlies, color overlays, dual 1v1 mode, and z button to start game as extra characters). It could be useful to have all of the 20XX codes as Gecko codes to easily boot Melee with a few selected features of 20XX.

MKULTRA

Smash Rookie
In PM there is a mode where you flash a certain color if you are in hitstun/other action states. Is there a way to do this in 20XX

V_D_X

Smash Cadet
Hello, I have a quick question about the frame counter in 20XX. I'm not sure if this is known or not (although it probably is), but I'm unable to set the second action state of shine to a percent. Is there anything I can do to fix this, or is it not possible due to how the frame counter is written?

Snorlaxes

Smash Cadet
Hi Achilles, first off, thanks so much for all the work you've done, this is truly an amazing project.

I was wondering if for 4.0, you could include alternate costumes for every character and costume in addition to the ones you already have.

CeLL

Smash Lord
Hi Achilles, first off, thanks so much for all the work you've done, this is truly an amazing project.

I was wondering if for 4.0, you could include alternate costumes for every character and costume in addition to the ones you already have.
The answer is yes.

Acryte

Smash Ace
@ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 does it support a color overlay for when you have grabbed your opponent and are awaiting input to pummel? That way we can get frame perfect on our pummel timings...

Last edited:

V_D_X

Smash Cadet
@ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 does it support a color overlay for when you have grabbed your opponent and are awaiting input to pummel? That way we can get frame perfect on our pummel timings...
Does the frame counter work with this? If you can get the grab hold animation on a percent, you can see the idle time spent in grab and try to lower that to zero.

Acryte

Smash Ace
That's less effective though than just noticing a color change, because you need to see the update on every pummel and it happens pretty quick.

hidensheik11

Smash Apprentice
How can I have a match where the game continues even if you die? What settings do I put? It had no time counter and one stock icon. I've seen people use it to grind out friendlies and it seemed really cool. (This wasn't training mode or Endless Friendlies under GAMEPLAY CODES> in the Debug menu) Any help? I know its probably really simple to do, too. Thanks.

divekicked

Smash Cadet
How can I have a match where the game continues even if you die? What settings do I put? It had no time counter and one stock icon. I've seen people use it to grind out friendlies and it seemed really cool. (This wasn't training mode or Endless Friendlies under GAMEPLAY CODES> in the Debug menu) Any help? I know its probably really simple to do, too. Thanks.
Set it the game type from stock to time and set it to no time limit, no codes involved you can do it in vanilla melee

Last edited:

Zoler

Smash Ace
How would I program the frame counter to count the number of idle frames after a shffl nair as fox (to see how many idle frames before a shine or dash)? I'm not getting it to work.

I put idle stand in one of the percents but it doesn't seem like fox goes into that state right after l-cancel as it doesn't count up right away. I might have missed something simple, I dunno.

Also does fox go into idle state the frame after the uthrow animation is finished? In that case I'm way faster than I thought lol.

I would be very thankful for some help on this! :)

DarkRijin

Smash Cadet
NNID
DarkRijin
The P2 CPU seems to stop doing actions most of the time after it dies, it'll come back and just do nothing...it tends to fix itself once it hits the main platform of the stage but that is not always the case. I've also had it do it while I was mid-combo so it wouldn't even try to come back to the stage.

Any way to fix this? Perhaps rebuilding the ISO?

DarkRijin

Smash Cadet
NNID
DarkRijin
How would I program the frame counter to count the number of idle frames after a shffl nair as fox (to see how many idle frames before a shine or dash)? I'm not getting it to work.

I put idle stand in one of the percents but it doesn't seem like fox goes into that state right after l-cancel as it doesn't count up right away. I might have missed something simple, I dunno.

Also does fox go into idle state the frame after the uthrow animation is finished? In that case I'm way faster than I thought lol.

not that it is what you asked for, but you could turn on the color overlay for Standing, which is green, i believe, and you'll be able to visually see if he stands in WAIT or not

V_D_X

Smash Cadet

You should go directly into the Wait animation after your end lag is over. Are you trying to shine right after? You might be going into crouch for a bit before you shine, try setting crouch to a percent along with Wait, that might fix it. Otherwise, turn on debug and see if there's a different action state you go into after you shffl your nairs.

Espi

Smash Journeyman
How do I have 2 different Melee ISO's on one SD card. I would like to have a customized one and a regular one. I'm using Nintendont btw

divekicked

Smash Cadet

Justintown11

Smash Rookie
I'm having a few issues setting up 20xx from an unmodified wii console, on step 5B-C is says to follow the media link in the description, unzip the file and copy the games file which I did; however I did not receive a games file nor is the file downloaded an ISO.

I followed through the rest of the directions and can load melee through dios mios but not 20xx

Last edited:

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
Is Captain Falcon's tech pattern getting overhauled for 4.0?
Practicing tech chasing on him currently gives me close to nothing.

How about some of the features from 20XX TE like reducing size of / removing READY!, GO! and GAME!
Disable freezing on "GAME!" to spam tech skill, taunt etc
Nametags disappear during Zelda/Sheik/Mewtwo teleport upB
Pressing Start on match results screen doesn't undo your ready state (re-mapped to B)
Save a replay of your last match by pressing Z on the character select screen
Disable Star KO to speed up matches on/off?
L-Cancel Training Wheels on/off (automatically L-cancel but flash on successful input)?

Acryte

Smash Ace
Those seem like good ideas except I'm not sure what the argument for a smaller READY! GO! and Game are...

Last edited:

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
So apparently the CPU can momentarily steal your tag.
I never noticed this before - just saw it on the 20GX stream

Last edited:
Top Bottom