• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
I was wondering why there weren't much in the ways of updates to this since November. Now I know why. Good **** on 20XXTE!

That said, RELEASE A PAL VERSION. Have you not seen all of the hype for International Smash lately? Here in Sweden it's huge and only growing, and the upcoming Bam! tournament is looking to showcase Australia's scene. If you produce a PAL version, it will have a lot of support.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
only 5. i didn't know it wasn't replacing it, please continue to work on this
Don't worry, I am.

I was wondering why there weren't much in the ways of updates to this since November. Now I know why. Good **** on 20XXTE!

That said, RELEASE A PAL VERSION. Have you not seen all of the hype for International Smash lately? Here in Sweden it's huge and only growing, and the upcoming Bam! tournament is looking to showcase Australia's scene. If you produce a PAL version, it will have a lot of support.
I really haven’t been involved with 20XXTE other than reverse engineering and understanding the exploit and how to use it, and just sharing some codes and ideas.

I have nothing to say about a PAL version of 20XX TE, but the next update of my version will have all PAL characters included.

------------

It looks like the music playlist code is done! I think the code is perfect, I just need to test it a little more after adding new songs.

Playlists are available for basically all the competitive stages and you can choose up to 20 songs for it randomize between. Menu music has a playlist as well. It also allows for custom songs to be added to the song list. You should be able to add up to 200 songs (although you’ll likely run out of ISO space before this happens)! The plan right now is to add a bunch as standard in the next release, and I have like 50 HPS files already created of the best from SSB, SSBB, SSB4 and then some others. Still have a bunch more music conversions lined up.

You can also have the game ignore the playlist and just play a single song, randomize between the vanilla good songs, randomize between all custom added songs, or randomize between all custom added songs and the good vanilla ones.

The real deal for music hacking.

music.PNG

@ Sickolas Sickolas does this suffice?

Last edited:

SuperShus

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
East#694
The blue pokemon stadium mod stage always crashes my game after a few seconds. Any idea why?

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
and I have like 50 HPS files already created of the best from SSB, SSBB, SSB4 and then some others
As far as Smash 4 choices go, there'd better be that amazing 1-1 remix (the jazzy one) and that amazing Chill remix that Smash 4 had.

Nice to see a giant music list and ways to customize WHAT songs you have on each stage though! The plethora of things this build has going into its next release is, quite frankly, legitimately incredible.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
As far as Smash 4 choices go, there'd better be that amazing 1-1 remix (the jazzy one) and that amazing Chill remix that Smash 4 had.

Nice to see a giant music list and ways to customize WHAT songs you have on each stage though! The plethora of things this build has going into its next release is, quite frankly, legitimately incredible.
Link me YouTube vids if you can

Wumbology

Smash Rookie
that music playlist mod looks super sick great work ddoooood excited to be able to use it. also will the hps files all just be loaded on top of ur iso's current hps files/if so will it be more complicated than just overwriting the files and changing the name to match what its overwriting? and sorry if this has already been asked but what is the file that no transformations pokemon stadium has overwritten for the hacked stages? I was going to try and see if i could put something else instead

Mytus

Smash Apprentice
PAL please! There is a demand for this in Europe and Australia, just check out social media - we're all holding our breath!

Quillion

Smash Hero
So this playlist is the first step towards making Melee as content-filled as Brawl. It's essentially My Music for Melee.

We have this thread for .hps (music) and even sound requests.

I still want these stuff, by the way: (from that thread)

By the way, do the playlists have to be for competitive stages only? Can we have them for the non-legal stages, too?

_Apollo_

Smash Rookie
So I was following the Wii modding Guide, and I downloaded the 20xx hack pack zip file, but when I unzipped it, I only found this:

Apparently I was supposed to find a "games" folder to put into my SD card, but I couldn't find it

Thanks for your help!

V_x_I_D

Smash Apprentice
NNID
V_x_I_D
Guys I'm having an issue and I don't know where else to post.

I have homebrew loaded on my wiI and I followed the directions for installing cIOS.
Now when I try to boot up the USB loader it says
"Ok! Invalid partition: auto."
"Partition: auto Not found!"
select a different partition or format a WBFS partitiin."

I can continue on, but when I try to boot 20xx it never loads.
just nothing but a black screen.
please help.

Last edited:

Lex__

Smash Journeyman
So I was following the Wii modding Guide, and I downloaded the 20xx hack pack zip file, but when I unzipped it, I only found this:
Apparently I was supposed to find a "games" folder to put into my SD card, but I couldn't find it

Thanks for your help!
Download 7zip

Link me YouTube vids if you can
I would love to see some of these songs in there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WFdYR-zrtc

(the HPS https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1Lv4-UXz8TJLVJiMnVwR0VOeU0/view?usp=sharing)
the bands youtube with more tracks.
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheConsoulsBand
And here
https://www.youtube.com/user/Zorsy/videos

(wow like an idiot I double post sorry mods)

Last edited:

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
@ Achilles1515 Achilles1515
Have you posted any beta builds lately? If you have, I haven't been able to find it in the past few pages, any way you could throw a link this way?

ZeroPixelHitbox

Smash Cadet
So, I installed the mod onto my Wii per your Vanilla Wii guide.
Let's say I wanted to play PM so I took the SD card out and replaced it with my PM SD card.
Would that damage the mod for the next time I put it in to play? Would I have to re-install everything?

CeLL

Smash Lord
So, I installed the mod onto my Wii per your Vanilla Wii guide.
Let's say I wanted to play PM so I took the SD card out and replaced it with my PM SD card.
Would that damage the mod for the next time I put it in to play? Would I have to re-install everything?
No they are completely unrelated.

Espi

Smash Journeyman
Something really weird happened to my Wii.DIOS MIOS was working fine for months, but after launching Melee yesterday, the screen stayed green following the DIOS MIOS logo. It can happen for these reasons apparently.
  • You have the debugger with waiting enabled
  • The game just crashed (should get a crash dump via USBGecko if __fwrite patch was applied)
  • The game tried to switch from one video mode to another, usually happens when loading USA games on EUR systems or vice versa.
What I want to know is why it took this long for it to stop working. I assume the fix is simply reinstalling DIOS MIOS.

Bakasama

Smash Apprentice
Any plans on releasing a how-to for re-routing trophy data into alternate costume data so that we can add costumes to slots that aren't in use, and on characters that don't yet have alts? I'm itching to make some things and have them load properly as alternates and not over the defaults.
edit: I guess I should clarify that I'm wondering about a blunt-simple guide, not an idiot-proof-simple guide. With enough sniffing I could probably figure out how to use the existing codes for my own means, but I figure your familiarity would enable you to write it out far faster than I would spend sniffing.

Last edited:

CeLL

Smash Lord
Any plans on releasing a how-to for re-routing trophy data into alternate costume data so that we can add costumes to slots that aren't in use, and on characters that don't yet have alts? I'm itching to make some things and have them load properly as alternates and not over the defaults.
edit: I guess I should clarify that I'm wondering about a blunt-simple guide, not an idiot-proof-simple guide. With enough sniffing I could probably figure out how to use the existing codes for my own means, but I figure your familiarity would enable you to write it out far faster than I would spend sniffing.
The trophy method in 3.02 is outdated. In 4.0 he's using the method discovered (sort of) by Sham Rock where you actually add additional files to the ISO, then use ASM injections to change the filenames in the RAM on the fly.

D

Deleted member

Guys I'm having an issue and I don't know where else to post.

I have homebrew loaded on my wiI and I followed the directions for installing cIOS.
Now when I try to boot up the USB loader it says
"Ok! Invalid partition: auto."
"Partition: auto Not found!"
select a different partition or format a WBFS partitiin."

I can continue on, but when I try to boot 20xx it never loads.
just nothing but a black screen.
please help.
Hmmm... There could be a number of problems here, but I'm not sure how to fix most of them (especially not anything for a Gamecube game, since, with a Wii game, I would talk about WBFS format). As much as I dislike help posts offering an alternative instead of giving a direct answer at times, I would recommend using Nintendont if you just want to play it. There was a reddit post a while back that I found and setting it up was really easy.

XxGUNZxX

Smash Apprentice
So I played on my friend's version of 20XX, and when you quit out of a match it like instantly goes back to the CSS rather than having a little delay. I thought it was because he was using nintendont, but i switched over to nintendont and it's still not instant. Does anyone know why this is and how to fix? Thanks!

Top Bottom