• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

Stride

Smash Ace
North-west England (near Manchester/Liverpool)
I'm having quite a weird problem. Basically, (L+R+D-Pad Up) P1 Choose P2 Action Spam isn't working to me. I could make a video with the phone if needed, but I can explain it pretty well.
Basically, after I do it, the CPU does indeed turn yellowish actually it's more close to whiteish but... he stays that way. forever. I can do whatever I want, nothing happens. The only thing that can happen, is that if I hit him, he goes back to normal color-wise, but he still does absolutely nothing anymore. What could cause this? Only thing I've done is set several characters as PAL, but I tried with characters that stay the same and I still have the same problem
You're probably using it wrong; read the instructions in the main post.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I'm having quite a weird problem. Basically, (L+R+D-Pad Up) P1 Choose P2 Action Spam isn't working to me. I could make a video with the phone if needed, but I can explain it pretty well.
Basically, after I do it, the CPU does indeed turn yellowish actually it's more close to whiteish, seems a little different from the gif, but... he stays that way. forever. I can do whatever I want, nothing happens. The only thing that can happen, is that if I hit him, he goes back to normal color-wise, but he still does absolutely nothing anymore. What could cause this? Only thing I've done is set several characters as PAL, but I tried with characters that stay the same and I still have the same problem
You have to be Player 1. If you do the input and then hold A immediately afterward and continue to hold for forever, then 3 seconds later, player 2 should start spamming jab.

If they still don't do anything, then you probably need to make a new ISO.

Last edited:

JipC

Smash Journeyman
Why does DIOS MIOS work so much better than Nintendont with 20XX ?
When I used Nintendont I commonly got random freezes/crashes and a lot of audio glitches but DIOS MIOS has been perfect so far

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Why does DIOS MIOS work so much better than Nintendont with 20XX ?
When I used Nintendont I commonly got random freezes/crashes and a lot of audio glitches but DIOS MIOS has been perfect so far
Idk exactly. I've never used Nintendont. Once Dios Mios is setup correctly, its the beez neez (at least from my experience). And I can load discs as well. I'm still on DML v2.10 though.

Dax

Smash Journeyman
You have to be Player 1. If you do the input and then hold A immediately afterward and continue to hold for forever, then 3 seconds later, player 2 should start spamming jab.

If they still don't do anything, then you probably need to make a new ISO.
Thanks, the problem was that it dosn't work if I don't hold. So like, I did a forward smash and thought he was going to do it 3 seconds later lol

CeLL

Smash Lord
I'm a strong supporter of separating the thread into an actual thread about 20XX and a support thread for questions about using it or setting it up.

Acryte

Smash Ace
I'm a strong supporter of separating the thread into an actual thread about 20XX and a support thread for questions about using it or setting it up.
I had been thinking about posting this exact post for the last couple months. This please.

Last edited:

CeLL

Smash Lord
Also I've been meaning to mention that sometimes the combo timer resets to 0 in the middle of my combos (like it will go 1, 2, 3, 0, 4, 5, etc.).

Kukulza

Smash Apprentice
I'm having an issue where upon trying to load from USB, Nintendont spits out that the game is loading but the screen goes black and nothing shows up. I've tried reinstalling my 20XX iso and have not had any luck.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Is there some way I can check the 20XX iso with Dolphin beforehand or any thoughts as to what could cause this issue?

PsyRex

Smash Cadet
I'm having an issue where upon trying to load from USB, Nintendont spits out that the game is loading but the screen goes black and nothing shows up. I've tried reinstalling my 20XX iso and have not had any luck.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Is there some way I can check the 20XX iso with Dolphin beforehand or any thoughts as to what could cause this issue?
I've been having the same problem. I was using it successfully for a few days and then it just started going to a black screen whenever I tried to load it.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
was anyone able to test my new sheik or not yet?

CeLL

Smash Lord

Run it in Dolphin to check.

Zeppeli

Smash Cadet
Does anybody have any suggestions on updating? I think my hack pack is from 2.02 or so. I only have the ISO (hacked version) setup and its in compressed ISO format. Do I need to just uncompress it, replace the files and the recompress it for the update to work?

Fox128

Smash Journeyman
Absolutely love the 20XX hack pack!

One suggestion I have for color overlays tho:
Could you replace 'Sheildstun' or add a feature, that's just for normal sheilding (waiting in sheild)?
I think that would make more sense/ give us a much better visual cue as to whether one was fast enough with their OOS option after sheildstun. If you see the color, you know you were too slow. The way it is now, it's hard for me to tell if I was normal sheilding inbetween the sheildstun and my OOS option.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Absolutely love the 20XX hack pack!

One suggestion I have for color overlays tho:

Could you replace 'Sheildstun' or add a feature, that's just for normal sheilding (waiting in sheild)?

I think that would make more sense/ give us a much better visual cue as to whether one was fast enough with their OOS option after sheildstun. If you see the color, you know you were too slow. The way it is now, it's hard for me to tell if I was normal sheilding inbetween the sheildstun and my OOS option.
I get you. I’m actually planning on revamping the color overlay system for the next release, and giving users the ability to create custom overlays.

1) Can choose any action state shared among all characters for the color to be applied to.
2) Can choose between a variety of different colors for each custom action state.
3) Can change the transparency value that is used for all these color overlays (to make it as noticeable as possible or more subtle).

I’ve been thinking about the framework for such a code for a while in my head now, and I know exactly what to do at this point. I just need to find time to code the system, which isn’t a straightforward activity because of the multiple details working in conjunction, inside and outside of match play, in order to get it working properly. I’d like to get to it this week.

I’m still debating on whether or not to have some preset action states (shieldstun, wait, fall, etc.) as options like there currently is. If I turned every action state option into the “choose a custom action state” type, then the system would technically be WAY more robust. It would just be cumbersome for the user to meddle through a list of a couple hundred action states to find the one they want. But the more I think about it, the more I think I’ll end up just going the route of all customs, and just putting some helpful notes in there for the user.

Last edited:

CeLL

Smash Lord
I get you. I’m actually planning on revamping the color overlay system for the next release, and giving users the ability to create custom overlays.

1) Can choose any action state shared among all characters for the color to be applied to.
2) Can choose between a variety of different colors for each custom action state.
3) Can change the transparency value that is used for all these color overlays (to make it as noticeable as possible or more subtle).

I’ve been thinking about the framework for such a code for a while in my head now, and I know exactly what to do at this point. I just need to find time to code the system, which isn’t a straightforward activity because of the multiple details working in conjunction, inside and outside of match play, in order to get it working properly. I’d like to get to it this week.

I’m still debating on whether or not to have some preset action states (shieldstun, wait, fall, etc.) as options like there currently is. If I turned every action state option into the “choose a custom action state” type, then the system would technically be WAY more robust. It would just be cumbersome for the user to meddle through a list of a couple hundred action states to find the one they want. But the more I think about it, the more I think I’ll end up just going the route of all customs, and just putting some helpful notes in there for the user.
I think it would be pretty cool if your shield color changed during shieldstun.

Duh1Chicken

Smash Rookie
Is there a way to make the CPU spam aerials?
Every time I try for a Nair all they do is jab. This is the coolest (and most useful) mod in existence. I use it daily :D

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I think it would be pretty cool if your shield color changed during shieldstun.
This was one of the very first color things I tested months and months ago. The shield color location I know of in RAM is read while initially bringing up the shield, but not while you continue to hold it. I guess I could go back and try and see if I can find what the game is doing with the color values.

Bakuryu

Smash Ace
Having a weird issue, when I try to use the toggles the game freezes no matter what. Tried loading it from disc and usb. The weird thing is it was working a day or two again I have no idea what changed.

Edit: NM im a dumb, was using improper toggles for p2 characters my b. I did have another glitch Idk if its 20xx related or backup loader related, but my colors got all screwy on my disc version, none yet on usb, but we will see

Last edited:

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
yo @ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 , do you want OP giga bowser, and wireframes? or do you want legit characters

edit: wire frames aren't gonna happen. they don't have specials animation.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
yo @ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 , do you want OP giga bowser, and wireframes? or do you want legit characters

edit: wire frames aren't gonna happen. they don't have specials animation.
Ripple,
I definitely do not want OP versions. I'm not into that kind of stuff at the moment. Like, it would be sweet if we had a competitive giga-bowser that fit into the tier list well. The wireframes are kind of screwed from the get-go, because of not having specials, and that will make it an interesting challenge to get them competitively viable.

I'd start with changing Giga's model scale to reasonable and then go from there. Maybe make him a smaller and faster bowser with a good wavedash (Squirtle-like)! I just wonder about the not being able to grab him thing...

I tried out 20XX-alt Sheik, btw. I really dig the new f-smash animation! The range on it sucks, but is at least realistic. The d-throw is interesting and I think much too strong. I don't have actual humans to play against/test with, but it seems like if Sheik gets a grab by the edge and the grabbed player has 70-80%, it's basically a stock. That's a little too OP for me. It's weird throwing a character at like 40% and hearing them yelp like they are about to die.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I don't have any idea how I'm supposed to give you a non OP giga bowser or a viable wire frame.

giga bowser is either going to be OP or terrible. and wire frames are always going to be terrible unless I just make their attacks shield break. (which is a bad idea probably)

oh, and GB causes a game crash if he wins a game. you'll need to look into that

Last edited:

flieskiller

Smash Journeyman
I don't have any idea how I'm supposed to give you a non OP giga bowser or a viable wire frame.

giga bowser is either going to be OP or terrible. and wire frames are always going to be terrible unless I just make their attacks shield break. (which is a bad idea probably)

oh, and GB causes a game crash if he wins a game. you'll need to look into that
I'd give Wireframes faster attacks and a second double jump (if possible), but a little lower second jump. They would still be terrible in term of damage/hitboxes, but they will be some mobile hitters.

As for Giga Bowser, I checked and if you set his scale size to 0.5, he is (almost) the same size as Bowser. With a normal size, he wouldn't be a punching bag.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
giving them a second (double) jump is not possible. the game has some weird fail-safe that causes any number of jumps above 2 on non-multi jump characters to mean infinite jumps. so unless people want characters that are literally ungimpable, that isn't gonna fly. and even then, they'd just be weak ungimpable versions of falcon and zelda. hardly fun or even worth the trouble.

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
Can anybody help me with making sure my 20XX pack can get fixed? I'm loading it on an SD card through Nintendont and I'm encountering freezing 100% after maybe 10 seconds of working. It doesn't matter what menu I'm in, or if I'm in a match already. It just freezes and I have to reboot. Any suggestions, or even just a known working file I can use?

beetlebomber

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0662-3406-7424
Have you ever thought to switch the color of the overlays? Light blue and green aren't so easy on Yoshi's for my color blind eyes.

Also the blue sky during the animation of FD does the same thing.

Good job, anticipating next release.

PsyRex

Smash Cadet
Can anybody help me with making sure my 20XX pack can get fixed? I'm loading it on an SD card through Nintendont and I'm encountering freezing 100% after maybe 10 seconds of working. It doesn't matter what menu I'm in, or if I'm in a match already. It just freezes and I have to reboot. Any suggestions, or even just a known working file I can use?
Yeah, I had it working for like 3 days, and now I can't get it working again no matter how much I try deleting it and downloading it.

CeLL

Smash Lord
Have you ever thought to switch the color of the overlays? Light blue and green aren't so easy on Yoshi's for my color blind eyes.

Also the blue sky during the animation of FD does the same thing.

Good job, anticipating next release.
If you're talking about hitstun and whatnot, he covers that a few posts up.

ssknight7

Smash Apprentice
I think Achilles posted a code in this thread for exiting from debug menu takes you directly to the CSS or the VS Menu.

I've looked and for the life of me I can't find that code in this thread though I'm sure it's here. Does anyone have this saved somewhere by chance or can anyone find it? There's a disclaimer on the code not to use it in 3.02. I assume that means not to use it in 3.03 as well or am I wrong?

CeLL

Smash Lord
I think Achilles posted a code in this thread for exiting from debug menu takes you directly to the CSS or the VS Menu.

I've looked and for the life of me I can't find that code in this thread though I'm sure it's here. Does anyone have this saved somewhere by chance or can anyone find it? There's a disclaimer on the code not to use it in 3.02. I assume that means not to use it in 3.03 as well or am I wrong?
http://smashboards.com/posts/18532701/

ssknight7

Smash Apprentice
TY Cell. FYI for anyone wondering I enabled this code on the 3.03 release and it worked with no crashes.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
How can I use Melee SD remix and this at once?Also amazing progress, I havent been here in a couple months and I got to say, nice work for everyone on this project!

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Nice!But is there any way to mix them without messing up 20xx...Well I see Pal character and other character so I wanna say no, but how about people that dont have those.I mostly want the moveset attributes

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
you cannot currently mix the 2. they have different dols

which is where half the differences are for SDR

Last edited:

Kukulza

Smash Apprentice
Run it in Dolphin to check.
So, when I run it in Dolphin it boots straight to the character select screen with 4 stocks, 8 mins and the randoms selected correctly. However, I dont see any of the new features found in the 20xx hack pack. Is there something special I have to do to activate them in dolphin or should they be there if I built the iso correctly?

CeLL

Smash Lord
So, when I run it in Dolphin it boots straight to the character select screen with 4 stocks, 8 mins and the randoms selected correctly. However, I dont see any of the new features found in the 20xx hack pack. Is there something special I have to do to activate them in dolphin or should they be there if I built the iso correctly?
Did you put start.dol in the &&systemdata folder and not root?

Kukulza

Smash Apprentice
Did you put start.dol in the &&systemdata folder and not root?
Well, in truth, I received the iso from a friend who claimed they'd built it correctly. I'm trying to figure out whether or not they might have given me plain old melee or the 20XX iso. The only thing i've been able to confirm is that it's version 1.02.

$upreme

Smash Rookie
Hey, I have a question/suggestion: is it possible for the Endless Friendlies section to be expanded to four characters per slot (or just for one slot)? If so, is it be something I could conceivably program myself?

Top Bottom