• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

AnthonyRB

Smash Rookie
I've always accessed stock debug by setting the debug level, in the 20xx debug menu to "debug-rom"
Ok tried that out, got myself trapped in an endless mario VS Link (which I recall are the standard settings) But I can't see the stock menu.

curi

Smash Cadet
i froze it by doing L+R+down without a player 2. (i mixed up which buttons did what)

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
Can there be a separate 20XX support thread after the next update? It seems like 99% of the posts here are people who need help for 20XX and, while I don't blame them, It would be nice to have this thread be dedicated solely to discussion about 20XX and not about tech support.
Yeah, I feel really bad about using this as my "tech support". Just a bunch of unnecessary bloat for a thread that shouldn't have it.

Stride

Smash Ace
North-west England (near Manchester/Liverpool)
Can there be a separate 20XX support thread after the next update? It seems like 99% of the posts here are people who need help for 20XX and, while I don't blame them, It would be nice to have this thread be dedicated solely to discussion about 20XX and not about tech support.
I like this idea, but I think a significant amount of people would just end up asking support questions in the discussion thread anyway and have to be redirected (especially at first when the support thread isn't as prominent/well known and people have seen support questions get answered in the original thread), which would reduce the impact somewhat. There's bound to be some overlap between the 2 thread's topics too.

It would make the FAQs more prominent if they made up the majority of the main post (as would be the case in a dedicated support thread).

Last edited:

Dark brawler

Smash Rookie
is your md5 right?
I'm sorry, what does this mean? Never heard that term before so I apologize again. All I can say is that particular costume is causing game de-syncs/crashes otherwise the game works perfectly fine.

What happens exactly is when the costume is selected, and a stage is selected, the game stops and the client disconnects/crashes.

Anutim

Smash Apprentice
Not sure, Anutim. I'd say likely, but I have no idea how and have never seen that before. So is he going into the first frame of his up-b?? This has me quite confused.
His up-b? Wat? No, I just had Falco stand shielding without any action upon impact for multishine practice.
Now I'm even more confused, LOL.

Y-L

Smash Champion
I'm sorry, what does this mean? Never heard that term before so I apologize again. All I can say is that particular costume is causing game de-syncs/crashes otherwise the game works perfectly fine.

What happens exactly is when the costume is selected, and a stage is selected, the game stops and the client disconnects/crashes.
Oh sorry totally thought this was another thread haha

I've seen this happen with a friend maybe it has to do with the melee iso you used to create your 20xx iso, not really too sure though. If they're crashing and you're not you're probably not the one at fault.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
His up-b? Wat? No, I just had Falco stand shielding without any action upon impact for multishine practice.
Now I'm even more confused, LOL.
Oh...sorry. Yeah, I'm dumb. I had to change a flat tire on my car this morning when it was -20 degrees outside and I think my brain has been frostbitten. I have no further comments on this one at the moment.

Yougotgame

Smash Rookie
NNID
Yougotgame100
3DS FC
2509-3837-6238
I've got everything installed. I tested it and everything works but how to I activate the Gecko Codes on Dolphin? I've looked and tried every single instructional videos and they still didn't help. If anybody can help out that would be great

Y-L

Smash Champion
I've got everything installed. I tested it and everything works but how to I activate the Gecko Codes on Dolphin? I've looked and tried every single instructional videos and they still didn't help. If anybody can help out that would be great
What gecko codes? Why do you need those?

Couth

Smash Rookie
Help! It seems like I can't exit the character select screen. It boots straight to the CSS but when I try to go back so I can get to the debug menu, my game freezes and gives me a buzzing noise. I can play just fine with the default settings though. I'm loading off of a USB and a wii. Thanks

NMH

Smash Rookie
Aren't No Transformations Pokemon Stadium and hacked Green Greens functionally identical?

CeLL

Smash Lord
[COLLAPSE="(L Button) Alternate Costumes"]
(L Button) Alternate Costumes [Achilles]
  • Hitting the L Button while a specific character costume is highlighted or selected, will cause the character's Character Select Portrait (CSP) background to change color and will turn the alternate costume ON.
    • If the character is fully selected and the alternate costume is ON, hitting L will turn the alternate costume OFF, but the CSP will not revert back to the default color value. At this point, if you remove your selection token from the character icon, the CSP color will change back to normal (since the toggle is truly OFF).

• If an alternate costume is turned ON, it is permanently ON until being toggled OFF by a human.
:foxmelee: Fox
Default | 20XX Alternate | Costume Picture
Normal (PlFxNr.dat) | Golden Brawl (TyRoyR.dat) |
[WarriorKnight]
Orange (PlFxOr.dat) | Goku (TyFoxR.dat) |
[RuKeN]
Lavendar (PlFxLa.dat) | Cloud9 (TyFood.dat) |
[Qual_]
Green (PlFxGr.dat) | Ground Mission (TyFire.dat) |
[Hatacatan]

:falcomelee: Falco
Normal (PlFcNr.dat) | Pink & White (TyMapB.dat) |
[Veggies]
Red (PlFcRe.dat) | SS Falku (TyStar.dat) |
[TheDekuNut]
Blue (PlFcBu.dat) | Shiny Wargle (TyMapA.dat) |
[Steelia]
Green (PlFcGr.dat) | Zombie (TyMapC.dat) |
[DarK LinK -X-]

:marthmelee: Marth
Normal [Blue] (PlMsNr.dat) | CATS (TyLink.dat) |
[Steelia]
Red (PlMsRe.dat) | Pein (TyEtcE.dat) |
[RuKeN]
Green (PlMsGr.dat) | Hylian Soldier(TyPola.dat) |
[RuKeN]
Black (PlMsBk.dat) | Empire Arcadia (TyEtcD.dat) |
[Anutim]
White (PlMsWh.dat) | Robin (TyMars.dat) |
[TheDekuNut]

:falconmelee: C. Falcon
Normal (PlCaNr.dat) | SNES (TyMapD.dat) |
[Luddoj]
Grey (PlCaGy.dat) | Batman (TyMapE.dat) |
[RuKeN]
Red (PlCaRe.usd) | LowLandLions (PlCaRe.dat) |
[Anutim]
White (PlCaWh.dat) | Twitch TV (TyRick.dat) |
[Veggies, TerryJ]
Green (PlCaGr.dat) | Green Ranger (TyMew2.dat) |
[WarriorKnight]
Blue (PlCaBu.dat) | Captain America (TySeak.dat) |
[???]

:sheikmelee: Sheik
Blue (PlSkBu.dat) | Midna (TyPlum.dat) |
[Steelia]
Green (PlSkGr.dat) | Sothe (TyNoko.dat) |
[Steelia]

:peachmelee: Peach
White (PlPeWh.dat) | Gold & Black (TyMoon.dat) |
[Qual_]
Blue (PlPeBu.dat) | Rosalina (TyMnBg.dat) |
[???]

:samusmelee: Samus
Normal [Red] (PlSsNr.dat) | Iron Man (TyJeff.dat) |
[God with a Wavebird]
Lavender (PlSsLa.dat) | Dark Samus: Corruption (TyKart.dat) |
[Steelia]

:ganondorfmelee: Ganondorf
Normal (PlGnNr.dat) | Black & White (TyBalf.dat) |
[Steelia]
Green (PlGnGr.dat) | Toon Ganon (TyCoin.dat) |
[Steelia]

Want different alternate costumes than the default ones listed above?

Head to the Official Melee Texture Hack Thread to find others!
  • Overwrite the 20XX Alternate Costume File, defined in the tables above, in your 20XX 3.0 ISO with a new costume file for the same character color.
Know how to use Photoshop or other image editors?

---> gif 1 <---
---> gif 2 <---
---> gif 3 <---
[/COLLAPSE]

Chris_Skorniak

Smash Apprentice
NNID
hyperknux333
3DS FC
5301-0082-9828
Not that it matters, but when i put 20XX on the Wii the Blue PS1 is still green. Any easy way to fix? I dont care i just really like the blue Pokemon Stadium. Also It is Blue in Dolphin but not the wii.

CeLL

Smash Lord
Not that it matters, but when i put 20XX on the Wii the Blue PS1 is still green. Any easy way to fix? I dont care i just really like the blue Pokemon Stadium. Also It is Blue in Dolphin but not the wii.
This is all over the thread and in the FAQ...

I.B

Smash Lord
Apologies if this has been covered to death:

What's the verdict about 20XX hack pack and input lag? I remember reading many months ago that some people experienced input delay when using the pack. My setup has the same issue. Was wondering where the problem is coming from. I suspect that it's my USB/SD combo that I use to load the game.

Anyone have insight about the delay or any fixes that have worked?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Here's the new alt shiek for the 20XX pack. testing before hand would be appreciated. @ Achilles1515 Achilles1515

plsk.dat

can grab all crouching characters
d-throw now sends at a 310 degree angle
KBG 50 > 250
Damage values reworked to make throw stronger but same total damage.
cooldown after thrown now halved <not available without a new dol
shield smaller 11.625 > 10.85
New F-smash animation

Last edited:

curi

Smash Cadet
could you add the poke stadium grass and water transforms as new alternative stages?

Last edited:

Stride

Smash Ace
North-west England (near Manchester/Liverpool)
We have to find a solution to people asking the same questions over and over. I would rather not unsubscribe from this thread to avoid it
There's an FAQs post, but I assume that many of the people asking questions which it would answer don't look at the main post and therefore don't see the link to it. I would expect/hope that people read the main post at a minimum; there's nothing more that can be done if they don't do that, beyond limiting replies to redundant questions to "read the FAQs" wherever possible.

Last edited:

Dax

Smash Journeyman
I'm having quite a weird problem. Basically, (L+R+D-Pad Up) P1 Choose P2 Action Spam isn't working to me. I could make a video with the phone if needed, but I can explain it pretty well.
Basically, after I do it, the CPU does indeed turn yellowish actually it's more close to whiteish, seems a little different from the gif, but... he stays that way. forever. I can do whatever I want, nothing happens. The only thing that can happen, is that if I hit him, he goes back to normal color-wise, but he still does absolutely nothing anymore. What could cause this? Only thing I've done is set several characters as PAL, but I tried with characters that stay the same and I still have the same problem

Last edited:
Top Bottom