• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

BRUJO~

Smash Apprentice
I've asked this question before, but have never gotten help, and I really really need help with this. Achilles1515 Achilles1515
For the past YEAR, I have been using 20xx, enjoying all of the features, except I have never gotten the CPU to randomly DI or tech. I have tried altering all of the settings in the debug menu, I have set the cpu to port 2 and myself to port 1. I have tried the cpu at all levels 1-9. I have rebuilt the iso multiple times. The cpu almost always techs in place and never DI's. Please, someone help. I cannot practice effectively. Seriously. Please help.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I've asked this question before, but have never gotten help, and I really really need help with this. Achilles1515 Achilles1515
For the past YEAR, I have been using 20xx, enjoying all of the features, except I have never gotten the CPU to randomly DI or tech. I have tried altering all of the settings in the debug menu, I have set the cpu to port 2 and myself to port 1. I have tried the cpu at all levels 1-9. I have rebuilt the iso multiple times. The cpu almost always techs in place and never DI's. Please, someone help. I cannot practice effectively. Seriously. Please help.
If the CPU is P2 and "Spoof P2 Controller" is ON (or just an unused controller plugged into port 2), then I have no reason why it is not working.

Stride

Smash Ace
North-west England (near Manchester/Liverpool)
Stride Stride Maybe you should add the invisible debug menu thing to the FAQ.
I've added it now. I really should've added it one of the other times it came up.

Do you know exactly why it happens? Also, does the problem only happen with certain backends (and therefore the FAQs should say which ones those are, rather than just saying to switch until you find one that happens to work)?

Last edited:

CeLL

Smash Lord
I've added it now. I really should've added that one of the other times it came up.

Do you know exactly why it happens? Also, does the problem only happen with certain backends (and therefore the FAQs should say which ones those are, rather than just saying to switch until you find one that happens to work)?
Well for most people it displays properly on either backend. I think it's certain GPUs that are the issue, but I'm not sure.

Mastodon

Smash Apprentice
Would it be possible in a future version (or maybe its already in the current version?) to make opponents randomly side step dodge instead of get up shine sometimes? I find that my tech chasing is starting to just accommodate for my opponent always doing a get up shine, and get up shine can still be beat out by grab due to range sometimes, where as side step dodging can punish that.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Would it be possible in a future version (or maybe its already in the current version?) to make opponents randomly side step dodge instead of get up shine sometimes? I find that my tech chasing is starting to just accommodate for my opponent always doing a get up shine, and get up shine can still be beat out by grab due to range sometimes, where as side step dodging can punish that.
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...-new-debug-menu.351221/page-106#post-20052502

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Hey the name exdender thing isn't working for me...
I'm playing on the Nintendon't emulator for the wii, but i dont know if that makes any issues happen or not

n0ir

Smash Rookie
hey so i love 20xx its so great. theres just one problem regarding music. why no dreamland 64 music? its one of the best stage songs in the game. can this be brought back in TE or in the next update???

AvengerAngel

Smash Journeyman
Achilles1515 Achilles1515 I don't know if you can do it, but I think lots of players that don't have the chance to practice with human spacie players (including me) would benefit from a slight improvement on the AI's spacies recovery.
Do you think you can make it do forward B's at various timings, and maybe improve their uB's as well? (like doing an uB over the edge and angle it down towards the edge, or randomly going straight towards the stage, etc.)

I realize it might take a lot of work and I remember you said you weren't going to bother too much with how the AI works, but I've also tried to find a way to practice edgeguarding with the current features and I couldn't come up with anything useful :(

I'm sorry if this has been asked and answered in the last few pages. I've checked a bit, but didn't go through the whole thread

Stormghetti

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
STRM#798
NNID
Stormghetti
Yeah, but it won't store the names when i hit the D Pad
What you have to do is:
1.- Create an amount of names that make 8 characters or less.
2.- While selecting the name you want to "glue" with the other, press down on the D-Pad while you're on the Name Selecting Screen (the one that opens when you click "Link" for example).
3.- When you've done that, go to the other name you want to glue with the previous one and press right on the D-Pad.

The names should be glued now. If not, then you didn't hit the buttons strongly enough (it happens).

clydeaker

Smash Journeyman
Is there any way to play as the Sandbag? I would love to be able to spawn a sandbag target to practice on and to control more easily.

NS23

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SLOK#533
Just an idea but...
In order to practice mashing would it be possible to make it that the Ice Climbers grab you and the wobble you ONE frame away from a perfect wobble?

CeLL

Smash Lord
Is there any way to play as the Sandbag? I would love to be able to spawn a sandbag target to practice on and to control more easily.
You can do this just with vMelee and the debug menu.

Just an idea but...
In order to practice mashing would it be possible to make it that the Ice Climbers grab you and the wobble you ONE frame away from a perfect wobble?
I don't see how this is any different from just having the CPU grab you and mashing.

Last edited:

Godwin_Point

Smash Cadet
Why would it be good to do that ? You won't be able to use it at tourney, so you might as well get used to short hopping with the normal input

Mastodon

Smash Apprentice
If you're in develop mode, you can spawn items in a regular game, including the sandbag, iirc. I don't remember the input to do it, but I do think I remember seeing the sandbag on the list of items to choose from.

Stormghetti

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
STRM#798
NNID
Stormghetti
If you're in develop mode, you can spawn items in a regular game, including the sandbag, iirc. I don't remember the input to do it, but I do think I remember seeing the sandbag on the list of items to choose from.
But that's not the same as playing AS the Sandbag.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
But that's not the same as playing AS the Sandbag.
But the Sandbag would just be uncontrollable since it doesn't have any moves though.

Also btw, is there a possibility of a hacked version of Mute City where the platform never stops, there's no road on the bottom, and it's a little bit bigger to compensate for it's size. I know it's gonna be like FD, but it would really just be smol FD just for singles.

Last edited:

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Mastodon Mastodon Stormghetti Stormghetti Mc.Rad Mc.Rad
Wrong wrong wrong wrong. Sandbag is not an item in Melee, he is a character. PlSb.dat is his file and PlSbNr.dat is his model. You select him as your character with the debug menu. Though his moveset is fairly limited.
But the Sandbag would just be uncontrollable since it doesn't have any moves though.
I hate to bring that up though, but I was just saying that due to the fact that he would have even less moves as the Wire Frame Fighters.

NS23

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SLOK#533
I don't see how this is any different from just having the CPU grab you and mashing.
Having the CPU grab you would allow you to be able to mash out at a wide range of frames versus wobbling where it's just every couple of frames.

Kou

Smash Apprentice
Achilles, I want Turn color when successful V-Canceling in 20XX 4.0.
It's difficult to confirm we succeeded in that technique in playing melee.

Stormghetti

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
STRM#798
NNID
Stormghetti
Mastodon Mastodon Stormghetti Stormghetti Mc.Rad Mc.Rad
Wrong wrong wrong wrong. Sandbag is not an item in Melee, he is a character. PlSb.dat is his file and PlSbNr.dat is his model. You select him as your character with the debug menu. Though his moveset is fairly limited.
But I said he's a character, not an item...

Also btw, is there a possibility of a hacked version of Mute City where the platform never stops, there's no road on the bottom, and it's a little bit bigger to compensate for it's size. I know it's gonna be like FD, but it would really just be smol FD just for singles.
I think there might be one like that in 20XXTE.

Last edited:

clydeaker

Smash Journeyman
(Z Button) Start game as Giga Bowser, Wireframes, Sheik, and Solo Popo
[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="(Z Button) Start game as Giga Bowser, Wireframes, Sheik, and Solo Popo"]
(Z Button) Start Game as Extra Characters [Achilles]
  • Hitting the Z Button while highlighting a specific character icon will toggle [semi-permanently] what character actually gets loaded by that character icon, until toggling back to the default character.

• :bowsermelee: Bowser --> Giga Bowser [G-Bowser] **includes announcer voice**
    • :zeldamelee: Zelda --> Sheik [Sheik] **includes announcer voice**
    • :falconmelee: C. Falcon --> Male Wireframe [M Wirefrme] **includes announcer voice**
    • :peachmelee: Peach --> Female Wireframe [F Wirefrme] **includes announcer voice**
    • :icsmelee: Ice Climbers --> Solo Popo (always) [-blank-]
Tip: Change Zelda to Sheik and move CPU cursor token to Sheik to force the CPU to start the game as Sheik.
---> gif 1 <---
---> gif 2 <---
[/COLLAPSE]
(L Button) Alternate Costumes
[COLLAPSE="(L Button) Alternate Costumes"]
(L Button) Alternate Costumes [Achilles]
  • Hitting the L Button while a specific character costume is highlighted or selected, will cause the character's Character Select Portrait (CSP) background to change color and will turn the alternate costume ON.
    • If the character is fully selected and the alternate costume is ON, hitting L will turn the alternate costume OFF, but the CSP will not revert back to the default color value. At this point, if you remove your selection token from the character icon, the CSP color will change back to normal (since the toggle is truly OFF).
  • If an alternate costume is turned ON, it is permanently ON until being toggled OFF by a human.
:foxmelee: Fox

20XX Alternate Costume Picture
Normal (PlFxNr.dat) Golden Brawl (TyRoyR.dat)
[WarriorKnight]
Orange (PlFxOr.dat) Goku (TyFoxR.dat)
[RuKeN]
Lavendar (PlFxLa.dat) Cloud9 (TyFood.dat)
[Qual_]
Green (PlFxGr.dat) Ground Mission (TyFire.dat)
[Hatacatan]

:falcomelee: Falco

Normal (PlFcNr.dat) Pink & White (TyMapB.dat)
[Veggies]
Red (PlFcRe.dat) SS Falku (TyStar.dat)
[TheDekuNut]
Blue (PlFcBu.dat) Shiny Wargle (TyMapA.dat)
[Steelia]
Green (PlFcGr.dat) Zombie (TyMapC.dat)
[DarK LinK -X-]

:marthmelee: Marth

Normal [Blue] (PlMsNr.dat) CATS (TyLink.dat)
[Steelia]
Red (PlMsRe.dat) Pein (TyEtcE.dat)
[RuKeN]
Green (PlMsGr.dat) Hylian Soldier(TyPola.dat)
[RuKeN]
Black (PlMsBk.dat) Empire Arcadia (TyEtcD.dat)
[Anutim]
White (PlMsWh.dat) Robin (TyMars.dat)
[TheDekuNut]

:falconmelee: C. Falcon

Normal (PlCaNr.dat) SNES (TyMapD.dat)
[Luddoj]
Grey (PlCaGy.dat) Batman (TyMapE.dat)
[RuKeN]
Red (PlCaRe.usd) LowLandLions (PlCaRe.dat)
[Anutim]
White (PlCaWh.dat) Twitch TV (TyRick.dat)
[Veggies, TerryJ]
Green (PlCaGr.dat) Green Ranger (TyMew2.dat)
[WarriorKnight]
Blue (PlCaBu.dat) Captain America (TySeak.dat)
[???]

:sheikmelee: Sheik

Blue (PlSkBu.dat) Midna (TyPlum.dat)
[Steelia]
Green (PlSkGr.dat) Sothe (TyNoko.dat)
[Steelia]

:peachmelee: Peach

White (PlPeWh.dat) Gold & Black (TyMoon.dat)
[Qual_]
Blue (PlPeBu.dat) Rosalina (TyMnBg.dat)
[???]

:samusmelee: Samus

Normal [Red] (PlSsNr.dat) Iron Man (TyJeff.dat)
[God with a Wavebird]
Lavender (PlSsLa.dat) Dark Samus: Corruption (TyKart.dat)
[Steelia]

:ganondorfmelee: Ganondorf

Normal (PlGnNr.dat) Black & White (TyBalf.dat)
[Steelia]
Green (PlGnGr.dat) Toon Ganon (TyCoin.dat)
[Steelia]

Want different alternate costumes than the default ones listed above?

Head to the Official Melee Texture Hack Thread to find others!
  • Overwrite the 20XX Alternate Costume File, defined in the tables above, in your 20XX 3.0 ISO with a new costume file for the same character color.
Know how to use Photoshop or other image editors?

Learn to make your own costumes!
Creating Melee Character Textures using the Melee Toolkit! It's Seriously So Easy....

---> gif 1 <---
---> gif 2 <---
---> gif 3 <---
[/COLLAPSE]
I love how you are able to pick Shiek, Solo Popo, Male Wire Frame, Female Wire Frame, and Giga Bowser all on the character select screen without even having to open the debug menu. And to top it all of you can still preform the master hand glitch. Thank you!

There are still a few characters I would love to be able to access on the character select screen:

Alternate Characters:

- Bowser
- Giga Bowser​

- Peach
- Female Wire Frame​

- Captain Falcon
- Male Wire Frame​

- Ice Climbers
- Solo Popo​

- Kirby (default)
- Kirby Dr. Mario
- Kirby Mario
- Kirby Luigi
- Kirby Bowser
- Kirby Peach
- Kirby Yoshi
- Kirby Donkey Kong
- Kirby Captain Falcon
- Kirby Ganondorf
- Kirby Falco
- Kirby Fox
- Kirby Ness
- Kirby Ice Climbers
- Kirby Kirby
- Kirby Samus
- Kirby Zelda
- Kirby Shiek
- Kirby Link
- Kirby Young Link
- Kirby Pichu
- Kirby Pikachu
- Kirby Jigglypuff
- Kirby Mewtwo
- Kirby Mr. Game & Watch
- Kirby Marth
- Kirby Roy
- Zelda (& Shiek)
- Shiek
- Female Wire Frame (Moved to Peach)​

- Master Hand (glitch)
- Crazy Hand
- Sand Bag?

Alternate Costumes:
- Peach
- Skirt-less Peach (and if possible remove her hair too)
Before you say anything hear me out.
Before you say anything hear me out. I don't mean to sound like a pervert or anything. With or without her skirt she's completely covered up with pink short shorts that match her skirt.
All I'm saying is that it will make it easier to visually justify where Peach's hit boxes, hurt boxes, and frame data are if her skirt and if possible her hair didn't block her frame data. It's possible to access a skirt-less Peach with debug menu, but to my knowledge it can only be done by spawning is an overly Giant Peach or Daisy.

Some players have assumed that Peach didn't always have her skirt in development probably because it got in the way of her frame data. This is supported by this photo found in the games manual.

Here's a video of Giant skirt-less Peach in action:

The only move that visually uses her skirt for an attack is her Down Smash. The rest of Peach's hit boxes are mapped around her feet, hips, hands, head, and turnips.

VS.

Notice How you can NOT see Peach's hurt boxes very clearly because her skirt covers most of her frame data.

Mr. Game & Watch
- Make it so Mr. Game & Watch is visually 3D when the game is paused.​

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I love how you are able to pick Shiek, Solo Popo, Male Wire Frame, Female Wire Frame, and Giga Bowser all on the character select screen without even having to open the debug menu. And to top it all of you can still preform the master hand glitch. Thank you!

There are still a few characters I would love to be able to access on the character select screen:

Alternate Characters:

- Bowser
- Giga Bowser​

- Peach
- Female Wire Frame​

- Captain Falcon
- Male Wire Frame​

- Ice Climbers
- Solo Popo​

- Kirby (default)
- Kirby Dr. Mario
- Kirby Mario
- Kirby Luigi
- Kirby Bowser
- Kirby Peach
- Kirby Yoshi
- Kirby Donkey Kong
- Kirby Captain Falcon
- Kirby Ganondorf
- Kirby Falco
- Kirby Fox
- Kirby Ness
- Kirby Ice Climbers
- Kirby Kirby
- Kirby Samus
- Kirby Zelda
- Kirby Shiek
- Kirby Link
- Kirby Young Link
- Kirby Pichu
- Kirby Pikachu
- Kirby Jigglypuff
- Kirby Mewtwo
- Kirby Mr. Game & Watch
- Kirby Marth
- Kirby Roy
- Zelda (& Shiek)
- Shiek
- Female Wire Frame (Moved to Peach)​

- Master Hand (glitch)
- Crazy Hand
- Sand Bag?

Alternate Costumes:
- Peach
- Skirt-less Peach (and if possible remove her hair too)
Before you say anything hear me out.
Before you say anything hear me out. I don't mean to sound like a pervert or anything. With or without her skirt she's completely covered up with pink short shorts that match her skirt.
All I'm saying is that it will make it easier to visually justify where Peach's hit boxes, hurt boxes, and frame data are if her skirt and if possible her hair didn't block her frame data. It's possible to access a skirt-less Peach with debug menu, but to my knowledge it can only be done by spawning is an overly Giant Peach or Daisy.

Some players have assumed that Peach didn't always have her skirt in development probably because it got in the way of her frame data. This is supported by this photo found in the games manual.

Here's a video of Giant skirt-less Peach in action:

The only move that visually uses her skirt for an attack is her Down Smash. The rest of Peach's hit boxes are mapped around her feet, hips, hands, head, and turnips.

VS.

Notice How you can NOT see Peach's hurt boxes very clearly because her skirt covers most of her frame data.

Mr. Game & Watch
- Make it so Mr. Game & Watch is visually 3D when the game is paused.​

Skirtless Peach can be accessed while in Develop Mode. Press D-Pad Up.

un.dead

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Project M code ⬆
3DS FC
0650-2459-4046
Why does switching to the alt stage select screen load its own different set of random stages? And why can't i customize them anymore? Every time I edit them, switch to the normal stage select, then switch back to alt again, they get reset to what they were before the most recent edit.

I tried exiting the exit screen with B, start, lra start and the reset button. Even when it says "saving" that doesn't seem to matter

Knarf

Smash Rookie
When you put in a longer nametag, can it only be 8 characters long? whenver I try to extend the name tags it only lets me use 8 characters

Stormghetti

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
STRM#798
NNID
Stormghetti
When you put in a longer nametag, can it only be 8 characters long? whenver I try to extend the name tags it only lets me use 8 characters
Yes, only 8.

Why does switching to the alt stage select screen load its own different set of random stages? And why can't i customize them anymore? Every time I edit them, switch to the normal stage select, then switch back to alt again, they get reset to what they were before the most recent edit.

I tried exiting the exit screen with B, start, lra start and the reset button. Even when it says "saving" that doesn't seem to matter
It's a commong bug. When you choose between normal and alternate, maybe when going to normal stages will make you go to a random stage like Kongo Jungle that was a custom stage in the previous option (alt. stages).

Last edited:

CeLL

Smash Lord

It's a commong bug. When you choose between normal and alternate, maybe when going to normal stages will make you go to a random stage like Kongo Jungle that was a custom stage in the previous option (alt. stages).
This isn't a bug. Every time you switch SSS the random stage select gets reset to the default for that SSS. The default SSS's random stage select is just the 6 legal stages and the hacked SSS's includes a handful of the hacked stages. I don't know how this will work in 4.0.

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman
Tournament mode seems to be broken, can't start a match. Plz fix.

Last edited:
Top Bottom