• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

DRGN

Technowizard
I would like to "pretty soon". The problem is that a lot of important functions are not hooked into the DOL yet because I know I want to add more to them in the near future. So instead of finding a specific spot for them in the DOL and injecting them and then going through the process of adding to the code and reinjecting and possibly needing to move the code to a new location, etc., I just leave them as Gecko codes until I feel like they are complete.

So if I gave you my ISO right now you'd be like "...wtf is this s**t???"
(slight exaggeration)
All that type of work will hopefully be eliminated with my manager program. Man, whenever I see a post that relates to what this program is designed for I think, "Man, I wish I could work on it right now and release it already!" But oh well I'm playing Melee at the biggest event ever right now, so guess I can't complain ATM. XD Been feelin' this way for like two weeks though.

So Achilles, everything for 20XX will be converted to a static overwrite or injection mod, right? And I imagime you'll also have some functions used by multiple codes, and so that would be why you want the functionality of adding "standalone" asm to the DOL, so that that function won't be unecessarily added multiple times and can instead be shared, right? Are there other reasons?

Air Bair

Smash Rookie
Hey, I was just curious, which file replacement is for the hacked stage selection screen? I've looked for a while, can't find the answer. Help would be appreciated, thanks.

NachoZordon

Smash Rookie
Is there anyway to disable the background of FD?

I get fpsdrops whenever it goes to the spinny animation

Kati

Smash Lord
Oddly enough, 20xx now boots up with stage selection set to random by default. I've tried saving the preference to "on" multiple times with no success so far.

Tainted ZGS

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, Tainted here

Anyways, so towards anybody with experience just downloading the files, I would love to hear some tips right now. I have been going through hell on earth for the past 3 days doing whatever I can to finally get 20xx and I am to the point where I would randomly give someone $50 if they could just give me 20xx. I'm trying to download the files from Mediafire but the downloads never seem to happen.. I get popups, but there from different ads and not even related to downloads.

64bit
IE/Chrome/Firefox - tried all of them
Win8

I am trying to download 20xx for an SD card to use on Wii. If we can't get this solved out or something I'm willing to do a transaction with somebody for god's sakes. HELP PLEASE! I am tired of just training tech skill and combos on no DI my god!

-Thanks, Tainted

Tainted ZGS

Smash Rookie
Tainted, have you tried this guide? https://docs.google.com/document/d/1l_l5kpMerHY6IE92lia2aM3F6iL7WyQvTEU7pPe_7LU/edit

EDIT: No. Dont post links to ISOs. Ughhh ignore that part of the guide.
-Achilles
Yes I have tried that guide, it's actually helped the most but the problem was mediafire wouldn't work. I finally got someone to send me the 20xx files over Skype. Just need internet on my wii now so I can download diosmios.

[Edit]
I have internet now, but it seems something is wrong with my SD Card. The apps do not show up on the homebrew channel when I put my SD card in. I've tried starting my wii with the SD card in it too. I used the guide mentioned earlier. I think I'm missing something in my SD card. Can someone contact me on Skype or something to help, please.

Last edited:

CeLL

Smash Lord
Did anyone notice the fox only on the right when you highlight Melee mode?
That's part of the texture replacement made to make tournament mode say debug menu. I'm not sure if Achilles noticed when he first added it but I think it's pretty cool.

pagedMov

Smash Apprentice
NNID
pagedMov
Need some help, whenever I use the command to make the CPU spam a move (L+R+D-pad Up), he gets the color overlay, but instead of doing my input after 3 seconds, the color overlay just stays on him, and hitting him out of it causes him to just stand there, and the color overlay disappears. I use dolphin, and any help would be appreciated

Last edited:

Anutim

Smash Apprentice
Need some help, whenever I use the command to make the CPU spam a move (L+R+D-pad Up), he gets the color overlay, but instead of doing my input after 3 seconds, the color overlay just stays on him, and hitting him out of it causes him to just stand there, and the color overlay disappears. I use dolphin, and any help would be appreciated
You hold the inputs until the 3 second timer ends.

thundrio

Smash Cadet
When Debug mode is enabled, and you are doing frame advance, is there a way to make the character do a Z input (to like boost/JC grab for instance)?

SuperShus

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
East#694
Hey - Does anyone know how to change the color that happens on the CSS screen when you press L to toggle costume? It'd be nice if I could get those colors to match the alts I replaced them with. :0

CeLL

Smash Lord
That does Z, and not just a shield grab input?
Z is just a shortcut button. Pressing A and a shield button on the same frame is the same input. That's why you can shield grab with A, and why you can't shield grab if you are shielding with Z.

Salevits

Smash Apprentice
I think The most important improvement for now would be to make the save/load state more stable. It causes so many crashes in so many situations.

GHOST4700

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MeatloafLP794
I have a question, what's the best way to get wiiflow for 20xx because all I did was extract the wiiflow v4.2.1 files and put them on my SD card and I have all the other 20xx things on my usb (game iso, GALE01 etc.) But when I tried to start 20xx it just went back to the boot mii menu on my wii, what did I do wrong?

D

Deleted member

Really great post, but I have one question.

I've switched Publicity to Off on the Debug Menu, but the crowd is still gasping and cheering. Does it need a code? I'm using the Pal version of Action Replay Max

pipN

Smash Rookie
For the last week I've been having a strange problem with 20XX. I installed it on my Macbook in mid-June and it worked great. Since this week, however, when I start a match I can't damage the computer. The computer attacks me, but cannot damage me either. It's basically as if we both invincible, even though the invincibility toggles were clearly off.

Here's where it gets weirder: in a team battle against three Ice Climber CPUs with friendly fire off, they were attacking me, but could do no damage. They could, however, damage each other, as if friendly fire were on (even though it was off). So they were attacking me, could not damage me, but could damage each other. I could not damage them either. This happens in other team battles as well.

This problem happens on both VS and Training Modes. I've restarted Dolphin (obviously), tried a different version of it, tried restoring 20XX to from an earlier backup, but nothing seems to work.

I should note that this problem doesn't happen all of the time, but it happens more frequently than not. It's pretty annoying.

I've looked through the Debug codes a million times to see if I've missed something, but I don't think I have. I've also searched throughout this thread and came up with nothing.

Last edited:

TheLaw

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if there's a separate thread for reporting glitches, but I found an interesting one. I've downloaded two Peach costumes (Emo Peach and Miku Hatsune), and my friend and I were playing and he was pulling an unusual amount of special turnips, especially stitch face (i.e. at least 5 in one match, twice in one stock, and it happened several games in a row). When he went back to playing the normal Peach colors as well as the alternates that came with the 20xx pack, everything was normal. I will be posting this in two other threads.

Stride

Smash Ace
North-west England (near Manchester/Liverpool)
I don't know if there's a separate thread for reporting glitches, but I found an interesting one. I've downloaded two Peach costumes (Emo Peach and Miku Hatsune), and my friend and I were playing and he was pulling an unusual amount of special turnips, especially stitch face (i.e. at least 5 in one match, twice in one stock, and it happened several games in a row). When he went back to playing the normal Peach colors as well as the alternates that came with the 20xx pack, everything was normal. I will be posting this in two other threads.
Alternate textures don't affect turnips; it's not even possible for them to.

Pulling a disproportionately high number of any given turnip is unlikely, but entirely possible. What are you classifying as a "special turnip", anyway?

Last edited:

TheLaw

Smash Apprentice
Alternate textures don't affect turnips; it's not even possible for them to.

Pulling a disproportionately high number of any given turnip is unlikely, but entirely possible. What are you classifying as a"special turnip", anyway?
I understand how probability works. I'll test it again, but the odds of it happening several matches in a row is even more unlikely, and the fact that switching to a normal costume fixed the issue suggests that texture might affect the turnips, at least indirectly. A special turnip is a stitch face, bomb, beam sword, or Mr. Saturn. I recall reading somewhere (long ago) that the chances of pulling any one of these special turnips are 1 in 300. My friend would also pull a stitch face twice in a row (a 1 in 900 chance), for several matches in a row. We started counting stitch faces that came up, the count went to 8 in one match, this is a typical 4 stock 8 minute match, that lasted 4 minutes, then it happened again in another match, then again.

Last edited:

Stride

Smash Ace
North-west England (near Manchester/Liverpool)
I understand how probability works. I'll test it again, but the odds of it happening several matches in a row is even more unlikely, and the fact that switching to a normal costume fixed the issue suggests that texture might affect the turnips, at least indirectly. A special turnip is a stitch face, bomb, beam sword, or Mr. Saturn. I recall reading somewhere (long ago) that the chances of pulling any one of these special turnips are 1 in 300. My friend would also pull a stitch face twice in a row (a 1 in 900 chance), for several matches in a row. We started counting stitch faces that came up, the count went to 8 in one match, this is a typical 4 stock 8 minute match, that lasted 4 minutes, then it happened again in another match, then again.
This is an accurate (as far as I know) chart of turnip probabilities: http://imgur.com/2G3UKRf

You would be surprised if he pulled any obvious combination of turnips several times in a row, which dramatically increases the probability of something "notable" happening. When you take into account that you don't need the "special" turnips/items to be pulled twice in a row, or even twice in the same game in order for them to seem notable, the chances of something apparently notable happening are pretty high.

I'll admit that 8 stitch faces in a game repeated across several games of a single session is absurdly unlikely, but I stand by the fact that textures cannot possibly affect the gameplay, including the chances of pulling a particular turnip; the RNG does not interact with the textures at all, nor does it have any reason to.

Nothing to do but test it properly, I suppose.

Last edited:

TheLaw

Smash Apprentice
I'll have to concede, as I could not reproduce the results, but something is screwy with the RNG, that **** was no coincidence or luck or whatever.

OninO

Smash Journeyman
That right there is confirmation bias bro, I'm glad you ack'd that you couldn't reproduce.

dreamhouse

Smash Cadet
I'm having trouble with my debug menu. I used it one time to activate frame count, but when I went back to turn it off my debug menu was blank and their was no text shown. I could still scroll threw the menu (i can hear myself scrolling), but I cant see anything.

I've tired deleting my current Melee ISO with the patch applied on it and tried reapplying the patch but that didn't work. I also deleted my Melee ISO completely and found another one online and applied the patch and it still didn't work (I'm using 1.02). I've tired deleting my save file on my memory card and that did not work either.

I'm running 20XX off of my laptop on Dolphin for frame data research. Is my problem occurring because I'm using dolphin and not a console?

Really would appreciate if someone could help me out, I can't find any help online.

I have the EXACT same problem and have tried all the same solutions and it didn't fix it for me either.

Has anybody figured this out yet or have some ideas for what else to try?

Archelon

Smash Journeyman
I got stuck on the part where I "nstall and patch ios36" (starting from scratch). It says there's an errow loading ios36-64-3608 or something like that. After checking my 8GB SDHC card (is that the problem I'm having, the type of SD card, maybe? I only used it because it said my 2GB card didn't have enough capacity). After thouroughly checking the files on the first level of the SDHC card, I found ios36-64-3608 wasn't even a file on it. Troubleshooting advice?

Last edited:

DJLO

Smash Journeyman
just wondering if the "different color shine if you do/dont jump cancel it in time" hack has been considered for adding

Brocolli123

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4897-6887-1972
installed it, put it on my usb, plugged into wii, launched. Started a match, (already noticed texture glitches, shortcuts don't work and neither do alt costumes) works fine for 5 seconds then freezes and makes a loud beeping noise

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
Anyone know if you have to have the Melee disc in when you play? Because I have 2 Wiis and one that can't read discs and was hoping to hack that one.

SuperShus

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
East#694
Why does 20XX crash so much when I run it?
i had this problem.

unfortunately all I can say is that I started from scratch with a new ISO and now it crashes less.

I recommend you just rebuild your iso.

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
i had this problem.

unfortunately all I can say is that I started from scratch with a new ISO and now it crashes less.

I recommend you just rebuild your iso.
Ok when you downloaded it from MediaFire, if thats where you downloaded it, did you download the 800 mb one or the 500 mb one? Or does it not matter really?

Top Bottom