• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

NS23

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SLOK#533
You'll need one beforehand.

I'm actually planning on making a guide (a video one! return of Angry Camera Guy) on how to rip GC and Wii games yourself, so STAY TUNED.
If I'm using the same guide... In between which steps should I download the ISO?

Doq

Smash Lord
Last edited:

V_D_X

Smash Cadet
That is already possible. The first state of shine lasts 3 frames and the second part lasts the remaming 18 (i think).
Have you tried it? For the life of me I cannot get Fox to freeze when he's in the second state. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, could I ask you to try it the next time you boot up 20XX?

NS23

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SLOK#533
You can use this guide up to when the Homebrew Channel loads, as this is what I did to my Wii anyway.

Then follow this guide (shameless self plug) on how to run your Melee with Nintendont
http://smashboards.com/threads/how-to-gamecube-games-on-your-wii-u-or-newer-wii.359975/
Does this work for pre-2012 Wii's?
Yep and has extra features such as native GC controller support on old Wiis.
Is there any SUPER in detail guides for people who have no experience with this stuff?

Doq

Smash Lord

NS23

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SLOK#533
Just one question about that guide: What does OCD stand for (I'm assuming it's not the disorder)?

YellowTorpedo

Smash Rookie
I encountered a bug (dolphin, don't know if it happens on console). I'm plugged into the player 1 slot on my Wii U adapter, works fine for menus, css screen shows me as p1, etc. But when I start the game, all of a sudden I have the p2 icon above my head and can only be controlled by enabling the player 2 slot. Even if I add p2 at the css screen, I still have this issue - the game decides to just have two player 2's. Is there any way to fix this?

Edit: I'm stupid. I accidentally turned on "control all humans" in the debug settings.

Last edited:

NS23

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SLOK#533
@ Doq Doq If I have a pre-2012 Wii, 20XX, and a Melee ISO. Is there anyway I can use my Wii Pro Controller?

Sickolas

Smash Apprentice
You'll need one beforehand.

I'm actually planning on making a guide (a video one! return of Angry Camera Guy) on how to rip GC and Wii games yourself, so STAY TUNED.
1) Download homebrew app
2) click button to download file for app
3)make sure disc isn't scratched
4) have enough space on usb
5) press rip

seems too simple to need to make a video lol

Last edited:

Quillion

Smash Hero
@ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 : Are you planning on releasing this hack pack in a xdelta or ips patch form? @_glook has done a lot for SDR by making it a patch, so is it in the realm of possibility?

MadeYouLook

Smash Cadet
20xx suggestion for 4.0

It would be cool if the CPU didnt automatically tech foxes shine but be more likely to roll getup attack or lay in place like is more common in real games

idk how hard this would be to do but it would make practicing fox vs lightweight characters more realistic Im trying to learn thunders combo and its hard because the CPU auto techs a lot

MeenieMuffin

Smash Rookie
So I followed a tutorial and by the end of it all my Wii is running 20XX, but my debug menu is blue and doesn't have many options to work with. Did I do something wrong? Is this just how it's supposed to looks like?

Last edited:

Stride

Smash Ace
North-west England (near Manchester/Liverpool)
So I followed a tutorial and by the end of it all my Wii is running 20XX, but my debug menu is blue and doesn't have many options to work with. Did I do something wrong? Is this just how it's supposed to looks like?
What do you mean by "doesn't have many options"? Does it have at least some 20XX-exclusive things, or no 20XX options at all and only the vanilla debug mode options?

If it's the former, then you've installed an older version of the 20XX pack (probably 2.06) like it said not to do in the FAQs. If it's the latter, then you've somehow installed a different (non-20XX) start.dol by accident. In either case, you should download the latest version from the main post of this thread and install that instead.

Last edited:

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
How about having the CPU being able to put up a
Light Shield to practice Lcancel timings on etc

MeenieMuffin

Smash Rookie
What do you mean by "doesn't have many options"? Does it have at least some 20XX-exclusive things, or no 20XX options at all and only the vanilla debug mode options?

If it's the former, then you've installed an older version of the 20XX pack (probably 2.06) like it said not to do in the FAQs. If it's the latter, then you've somehow installed a different (non-20XX) start.dol by accident. In either case, you should download the latest version from the main post of this thread and install that instead.
I'm confused at the moment. The thing is that I don't know where I went wrong. What a headache. Oh well, it's worth it.

Stride

Smash Ace
I'm confused at the moment. The thing is that I don't know where I went wrong. What a headache. Oh well, it's worth it.
Post everything it says on the front page of the debug menu, so I can see what's wrong.

Edit: Never mind; just re-install it using the file from the main post of this thread, then come back if it still doesn't work.

Last edited:

SirDerpyWill

Smash Rookie
Hey all, I'm having a problem with loading 20xx on DiosMios (USB Loader GX).

All was working fine, I had installed 20xx correctly and was playing it. I was testing out some of the alt costumes so I tried out Zombie Falco. I loaded into a stage and I was met with a freeze and a loud buzzing noise. I hard reset my Wii and went back to USB Loader GX. I clicked on 20xx and pressed play. Immediately my screen went black and I had to hard reset again. I figured it's a problem with the ISO I was using, so I re-built 20xx with a fresh SSBM 1.02 ISO and used DMToolbox to put it on my USB. I'm met with the same problem, black screen. At this point I thought it was the save data or something messing it up so I deleted that from Wii Settings, still no prevail.

Before Anyone tells me to use Nintendont, it doesn't work for me. As soon as I load it up it freezes on the splash screen and my Wiimote Disconnects. I've tried reinstalling Nintendont and it refuses to work

Does anyone have any idea why 20xx has randomly stopped working for me?

MeenieMuffin

Smash Rookie
Post everything it says on the front page of the debug menu, so I can see what's wrong.

Edit: Never mind; just re-install it using the file from the main post of this thread, then come back if it still doesn't work.
Sweet. I re-installed it in reference to what you told me. It worked. Thanks!

Gavinwie

Smash Rookie
Hi, if anyone could help me with the problem it would be great. I installed the hack pack, but when I play in the game, the characters are all in t-poses. There are also no custom skins.
Edit:
Never mind fixed it.
LolEdit2: Do the custom skins show in the css, or is there a list I have to follow?

Last edited:

bluekoops16

Smash Rookie
hello if anyone could help me it'd be greatly appreciated. I've been playing 20xx for a couple of months now and for some reason when i tried to play it the other day the game didnt appear on the dios mios selection screen. I tried seeing if it would find any of my other games since i have 20xx on a seperate sd card and it didn't show any of my games. So what i'm thinking is either my wii can't read my sd card or my dios mios isn't working right. i haven't changed any settings or anything and it's been playing perfectly for the longest time. Thanks to anyone who can help.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
hello if anyone could help me it'd be greatly appreciated. I've been playing 20xx for a couple of months now and for some reason when i tried to play it the other day the game didnt appear on the dios mios selection screen. I tried seeing if it would find any of my other games since i have 20xx on a seperate sd card and it didn't show any of my games. So what i'm thinking is either my wii can't read my sd card or my dios mios isn't working right. i haven't changed any settings or anything and it's been playing perfectly for the longest time. Thanks to anyone who can help.
That happened to me once. I never found out the solution. I think I just ended up using a different loader (CFG loader) instead of Dios Mios Booter.

Hi, if anyone could help me with the problem it would be great. I installed the hack pack, but when I play in the game, the characters are all in t-poses. There are also no custom skins.
Edit:
Never mind fixed it.
LolEdit2: Do the custom skins show in the css, or is there a list I have to follow?
The background colors of the CSP change to indicate the alternate costume is in use.

Wassabi1320

Smash Cadet
Is there a way to make samus do an up b OOS? If not what option should I use to practice safe shield pressure besides the shield grab function

Joe MacMillan

Smash Rookie
When I run 20xx 3.02 it goes right to the character select screen in versus mode and the only way I can get back to the main menu is to first select a character and then select "back" at the top right corner of the screen. This happens in Dolphin and on the actual Wii. I did use SSBM version 1.02 to compile 20xx and have created a new 20xx iso three different times to see if I made a mistake anywhere but I am getting the same result. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?

Stride

Smash Ace
When I run 20xx 3.02 it goes right to the character select screen in versus mode and the only way I can get back to the main menu is to first select a character and then select "back" at the top right corner of the screen. This happens in Dolphin and on the actual Wii. I did use SSBM version 1.02 to compile 20xx and have created a new 20xx iso three different times to see if I made a mistake anywhere but I am getting the same result. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?
It's intentional. It's included as a feature because most people usually want to go straight to the character select screen anyway, so booting straight to it saves some time/effort from not having to go through the menus.

It's listed as a feature under the "general modifications" section in the main post of this thread.

Last edited:

Chayce

Smash Cadet
NNID
C9-TANG
That is a feature of the 20XX Hack Pack. You have done nothing wrong. :)

Joe MacMillan

Smash Rookie
I am new to SSBM as well as the 20xx hack. What do you guys think is the best way to build my skills in this game when playing alone?

Chayce

Smash Cadet
NNID
C9-TANG
I am new to SSBM as well as the 20xx hack. What do you guys think is the best way to build my skills in this game when playing alone?
Enable the 2nd player spoof controller and just play around with the toggles you can make the CPU do to practice your L-Cancelling, Wavedashing, Multishining, Pressuring shield etc.

NotEvenAmatueR

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Teamplays
Hello, I noticed a bug within the hack. If you go to sudden death against the player 2 AI, if you win, after the match, the game will think that the player 2 slot is actually a controller. This means that you cannot proceed past the results screen. The only solution I found was resetting the game. Here are a few things that might be causing this issue.

1. I was playing this on a Wii.
2. I had a second controller plugged in.
3. I had the max allowable damage toggled, which meant that after I hit the computer, it went from 300% damage to 175% damage.
4. I was playing on the default rules, and finished the match with 3 stocks on the computer and the AI.
5. I was playing green sheik, and the AI was playing Lvl 1 Falco with default costume.
6. I played on FD.

Thanks. Awesome work guys. Hope you patch this minor issue in the future.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Hello, I noticed a bug within the hack. If you go to sudden death against the player 2 AI, if you win, after the match, the game will think that the player 2 slot is actually a controller. This means that you cannot proceed past the results screen. The only solution I found was resetting the game. Here are a few things that might be causing this issue.

1. I was playing this on a Wii.
2. I had a second controller plugged in.
3. I had the max allowable damage toggled, which meant that after I hit the computer, it went from 300% damage to 175% damage.
4. I was playing on the default rules, and finished the match with 3 stocks on the computer and the AI.
5. I was playing green sheik, and the AI was playing Lvl 1 Falco with default costume.
6. I played on FD.

Thanks. Awesome work guys. Hope you patch this minor issue in the future.
This happened to me multiple times before (it's because of spoof controller/trying to force inputs), so I wrote a "Plan B" code where any player can press Z on the results screen to force-advance to the CSS.

The root cause of this issue shouldn't be a problem in the next version, though. Thanks for the report.

Naiki

Smash Rookie
I've been using 20XX Hack Pack for a couple of months now and I realised there's something off with the save/load state feature. Originally Marth's tipper f-air deals 13% damage but when you save / load state like 3-4 times it only does 7-8% after that? tested on multiple tv's and setups.

Top Bottom