• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

Firejew

Smash Cadet
Yes, both stages still loaded without crashes. (I left 2 falcons on the stage for like 15 seconds before LRA Start to check the next stage).

Testing the new one now, will edit my post when tested.

EDIT:
Same result as before ;_;, both green stadiums that don't crash. No alt-red falcon either.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Yes, both stages still loaded without crashes. (I left 2 falcons on the stage for like 15 seconds before LRA Start to check the next stage).

Testing the new one now, will edit my post when tested.

EDIT:
Same result as before ;_;, both green stadiums that don't crash. No alt-red falcon either.
Alright. Thanks a lot. This is such a weird issue. That build was flushing and invalidating cache blocks that contain the memory address with the file name that gets switched. I'm perplexed but at least I can cross that off the list. Sorry guys.

WhyYouSalty

Smash Cadet
When I first click root to select the iso it shows up but I do not have a &&systemdata folder, it only shows up with the audio folders and then the rest of the files. I have tried re downloading the iso but still no &&systemdata folder. I don't know what to do any help would be appreciated.

zz_halim

Smash Apprentice
When I first click root to select the iso it shows up but I do not have a &&systemdata folder, it only shows up with the audio folders and then the rest of the files. I have tried re downloading the iso but still no &&systemdata folder. I don't know what to do any help would be appreciated.
i guess it's not so great to talk about such specific issues on this thread, since you know, piracy and stuff.
i'd just try to get your hands on an unimpaired copy/iso somewhere, and try again strictly following the instructions in the README. could be an issue with your system though, maybe the directory hides because of the uncommon "&" symbol or something.

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
It sounds like you're doing it in the wrong order.
First you click Image. Select your 1.02 Iso.
Right Click your Root folder (to the right) and export it.
In that new folder you will the replace a bunch of files from the 20XX hack pack.
Once you have done that you will then select Root and build the 20XX Iso.

It's all in the ReadMe file that comes with the 20XX hack pack.
gl

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Was loading into any stage removed? I loved fox on Ganon's target test to practice wall ledge teching.
Yes, it has been removed. But I have plans to bring it back. My current thought is to have one Target Test stage selection icon on the hacked stages page and then you could modify whose target stage it will load in the debug menu.

Fishaman P

Smash Apprentice
Just FYI, I have 20XX 3.00 working on my Gamecube through Swiss and an SD Gecko. I get Blue Stadium, but I haven't checked Falcon. Oddly, though, I tried hacked stages in Training Mode one time and it froze trying to load the stage... I think. It could have been trying to load the SSS, don't remember.

3.01 when I get free time. Could you try to fix the name entry bug though? New names get entered quite a lot on my system. Just changing the slot to be empty before exiting the name entry screen (so the buffered A press enables it) sounds like it'd work.

Finally, bug report. Salty Runbacks on Custom BF reload to standard BF. And the music isn't randomized when you do a Salty Runback, but you probably knew that already.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Just FYI, I have 20XX 3.00 working on my Gamecube through Swiss and an SD Gecko. I get Blue Stadium, but I haven't checked Falcon.

3.01 when I get free time. Could you try to fix the name entry bug though? New names get entered quite a lot on my system. Just changing the slot to be empty before exiting the name entry screen (so the buffered A press enables it) wounds like it'd work.
Look at the bug fixes on the main page. I fixed it.

That's cool that you have it on a Gamecube!

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Errr, I'm talking about the "Player is changed to CPU" bug, not the deleting letters bug. Great that you fixed that one, though!

Also, see my post again, I added a bug report.
Thanks for the bug report. I noticed the Battlefield issue right before I released 3.0, but didn't fix it at the time and have sort of forgot about it. I'll try and get around to fixing it.

RFN

Smash Rookie
Have 20XX melee at my house. Now trying to get it for a friend. The usb loader is working as usual except for the fact that the game does not show. Do you folks think there is something wrong with the usb? I have the games folder and the iso within it just like I think I remember doing before.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Have 20XX melee at my house. Now trying to get it for a friend. The usb loader is working as usual except for the fact that the game does not show. Do you folks think there is something wrong with the usb? I have the games folder and the iso within it just like I think I remember doing before.
Try his USB on yours or yours on his. If you can't do this at the moment, try using a different loader. Like try CFG Loader or something.

RFN

Smash Rookie
hmm cfg and devolution also show I have no game. Maybe I'll just try to start from scratch with the iso and beanwolf's guide. Must've skipped something.

Also I never got to properly thank you for all the work you've done for the community achilles. Bravo!

Achilles1515

Smash Master
hmm cfg and devolution also show I have no game. Maybe I'll just try to start from scratch with the iso and beanwolf's guide. Must've skipped something.

Also I never got to properly thank you for all the work you've done for the community achilles. Bravo!
Yeah, thanks I appreciate it. If you can, you should really just try a different hard drive (preferably one that you know works) before going through all the work of rehacking.

Berble

Smash Apprentice
Is it possible to make fox/falco cpu not shine on getup if they're on the edge of a platform and not just the stage? They air dodge off of platforms a ton

RFN

Smash Rookie
Alright, so I redid the whole shebang and got to the part where I need to enter the GREexe command. It is telling me that such a command it does not understand.

Edit: Got it working. The problem had to do with conflicting programs and locations and such. Hope everyone enjoys 20xx melee!

Last edited:

Kati

Smash Lord
Just got my first 20xx loaded two nights ago. Love it! I'm using 3.0, and programing p2 to spam an input can cause a permanent tint. Is that normal for this outdated version?

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Just got my first 20xx loaded two nights ago. Love it! I'm using 3.0, and programing p2 to spam an input can cause a permanent tint. Is that normal for this outdated version?
I've only seen this happen when they are programmed to do nothing. The color tint goes away when they enter a new action state, but if the copied input is nothing and they just stand there, the color tint will be there indefinitely until they are hit or reprogrammed.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I made a quick post earlier about training things to do with Fox on reddit. I thought I'd paste it here as well.

I just wrote this up in a few minutes and there's obviously tons more.

"I saw this in someone else's video but you can kind of "speed test" your shine aerials with the toggle to make spacies perform shield pressure. Have them do those actions into a wall (like Peach's castle) and then you can be on the other side practicing to be as fast as they are. And they switch up timing on their aerials and stuff.

Have them do shine pressure on your shield and practicing shine out of shield/ grab out of shield in reaction to an early aerial on your shield.

U-throw u-air practicing is amazing in the 20xx pack. Get P2 to a percent you want, stand next to them and save a state. Then grab and attempt to u-throw u-air. As soon as you hit or miss (so before they die up top), load state. Repeat. With the random DI, this practice is godlike. You can turn color overlay on during the "wait" state which will be the action state that fox goes into immediately after u throwing without any input afterward. If you time your jump/dash after the u throw perfectly, you will never enter the "wait" state. So seeing a green color overlay flash will tell you you were slow.

Also look at the "frame counter" video on the main post, which would be even better for knowing if you were slow or not.

Amazing ledgetech practice with the "p2 hitbox freeze repeater" ingame toggle. Watch that video as well.

Chaingrabbing a random DI Falco/Fox.

Have P2 Marth spam up tilt below a platform and practice shield dropping.

Idk...there's tons more you could do with save states as well. Like have a jiggs be a wavedash+some length away. Save state. Wavedash --> jab --> dash --> jump cancelled u smash. Immediately load state and repeat."

Y-L

Smash Champion
Can anyone confirm if the facing forward funny looking animation mode works? I tried it and we were indeed facing forward but we were stuck in animations, still able to move and act though.

CeLL

Smash Lord
So when you load a state after you die, but before you enter on your revival platform, it has a weird effect and you sort of just fall from above the stage, in a normal state. If there was a toggle that skipped the revival platform like this... It would save a lot of time, and also the possibility of freezing the game with the save states.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Yeah save states seemed to cause freezes for me in the past alot, so i don't really mess with them anymore.
Don't underestimate their power. Just learn when to not use them.

I've been thinking of an efficient way to add checks in for a state to not load, even when prompted to, if player's are in a certain action state when the button activator is pressed. It's just tricky because I'll have to check both current action states that players are in, and ones to be loaded for the characters on screen to make sure neither of them will be problematic.

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
In regards to load/save state I use Dolphin's built in feature. It works perfectly compared to 20XX. For example stuff like platform/height can be inaccurate, game freezing due to loading at bad times etc.
I simply map Save State to UP arrow, and Load State to BACK arrow on my keyboard.
I also use DOWN for pause (frame pause) and FORWARD to frame advance one frame
This obviously only works on Dolphin on the computer

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Man…last night was interesting. I started with looking into the function used to create CPU clones, “dopplegangers” at like 8pm, along with a few other things, and then next thing I know it’s 2 in the morning (my girlfriend is out of town so I’m going ham with research that takes a lot of focus/time while I can). I definitely found some interesting things.

So I investigated the injection point used in wparam’s doppleganger code and got the basic gist of how it worked. Then I just got immersed in the surrounding functions relating to creating in-game characters trying relentlessly to understand what was going on. Undocumented ASM gets very hard/frustrating to follow. But I basically caught on to how the game checks for if it is going to load a player and figured out how to load 6 players in a match. What I learned is this:

• Loading 5 or 6 players from a match started on the [vanilla] debug menu works completely normally, meaning P5 and P6 can be different characters than P1-P4.
  • Loading 5 or 6 players from VS. mode only partly works. P5 and P6 CAN ONLY be a character that any of the previous players (P1-P4) is using. I am unsure as to exactly why this is.

But yeah…the functions involved are very interesting and I definitely want to look into them further.

So this was also an interesting find….

Disable Screen Rumble
044807EC 00000000

So this code completely disables the screen from shaking. This happens during a lot of events in a match, specifically things like strong attacks, throws, missing a tech, grabbing the edge (I think), Pokemon stadium transforming, etc..

It makes the game play look really smooth, but a little odd at the same time because we have been playing with the screen shaking for 13 years. Our brains naturally know when it is supposed to happen in-game and when it doesn’t, you notice the effect immediately. I think I like it off though…idk…it’s just super interesting to play with. You guys have to try it.

Last edited:

Stride

Smash Ace
North-west England (near Manchester/Liverpool)
In regards to load/save state I use Dolphin's built in feature. It works perfectly compared to 20XX. For example stuff like platform/height can be inaccurate, game freezing due to loading at bad times etc.
I simply map Save State to UP arrow, and Load State to BACK arrow on my keyboard.
I also use DOWN for pause (frame pause) and FORWARD to frame advance one frame
This obviously only works on Dolphin on the computer
I 'm pretty sure this would cause problems with randomness, since the random seed is saved along with the Dolphin save states, but not the 20XX ones. This would result in things like the AI always DIing the same way if your actions are the same each time in up throw->up air practice. Have you noticed any problems or does it not matter in practice?

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Btw - I, for the life of me, cannot get extra CSPs working. I can load the image data into the end of the MnSlChr.usd file as I previosuly stated, but anytime I change the CSP image pointer to this added CSP, the picture comes out all chopped up. I even tried doing it in a way that I previously had working, and it still won't work. I'm so confused and am taking a break on the subject to clear my mind. It's really making me mad, though.

And I did a basic attempt of adding the required data length to double the amount of CSPs for every character, but the game did not load. I guess it's just too much info. So that's worth noting.

Last edited:

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
I 'm pretty sure this would cause problems with randomness, since the random seed is saved along with the Dolphin save states, but not the 20XX ones. This would result in things like the AI always DIing the same way if your actions are the same each time in up throw->up air practice. Have you noticed any problems or does it not matter in practice?
No. I just did a test grabbing Fox. Save State (Using Dolphin's built in Save State feature). Dthrow. Load Sate. Dthrow. Repeat
He DI'ed and tech'd randomly every time

Which means that you are right. If I were to Save State as soon as he hit the ground from the Dthrow, he would probably DI+tech the same way every time.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
No. I just did a test grabbing Fox. Save State. Dthrow. Load Sate. Dthrow. Repeat
He DI'ed and tech'd randomly every time

Which means that you are right. If I were to Save State as soon as he hit the ground from the Dthrow, he would probably DI+tech the same way every time.
For this test you want to save state in the middle of your dthrow animation.

It technically might be a problem but only if you are executing attacks on the exact same frame after loading a state, which is highly unlikely for regular use like you just showed.

Last edited:

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
For this test you want to save state in the middle of your dthrow animation.

It technically might be a problem but only if you are executing attacks on the exact same frame after loading a state, which is highly unlikely for regular use like you just showed.
I agree with you.
From using logic I'd assume the CPU DI and Tech on impact. This means that it will generate the DI, not while being grabbed, but when the hitstun accurs from the throw.

Another exmaple would be to (Insert any attack here), Save State, Follow Up.
When I then load state, and follow up, regardless of which attack I choose. It will DI and or Tech randomly.
Tl;dr I don't see an issue

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I agree with you.
From using logic I'd assume the CPU DI and Tech on impact. This means that it will generate the DI, not while being grabbed, but when the hitstun accurs from the throw.

Another exmaple would be to (Insert any attack here), Save State, Follow Up.
When I then load state, and follow up, regardless of which attack I choose. It will DI and or Tech randomly.
Tl;dr I don't see an issue
DI is generated started on the first frame that P2 is in a "Damaged - Being Hit", or "Thrown" action state.

Basically, I constantly monitor P2's action state and if it is one that I want to do something with, then more custom code gets executed.

Zíng

Smash Rookie
I don't know if it is a bug or nor but my camera is zoomed out all the time, even in the menu, when I change to a disc there it's ok. I thought it was the widescreen option toogled on but it doesnt seem to do any differance... Help please!

btw you guys are doing an awesome job with this mod! :D

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Top Bottom