• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Achilles, can I remove Bomb rain and 2x Shield Deplete Rate from "D-Pad Down (P1 only) Toggles Bomb Rain, All Players Invincible, and 2x Shield Deplete Rate" Code by editing this?
I want the code it realize only "No knockback".

If can, I want to train Shield drop aerial using no-knockback with L+R+D-Pad Up (P1 only) Toggles P2 to Spam Uptilt.
Great suggestion! I edited the original post and the GALE01.txt file with this code. This will certainly be helpful to efficiently practice shield dropping and I think it would also work well with the L+D-Pad Left Toggles CPUs to Shoot Projectiles code for practicing powershielding.

for what its worth, here's a spreadsheet of memory locations IE + me + massive made a while ago:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...sTVNhMkdIX1lMSFR0RTA2a1E&usp=drive_web#gid=12
Thanks a lot for this. I think it would be a good idea to make a community "Memory Map" of this game.

What other application can I use to load gamecube games with ocarina codes? What do you use?
I have found great results loading it from an SD card. I use Dios-Mios-Booter. But as for other applications that boot from disc with codes....I'm not sure

Kou

Smash Apprentice
Great suggestion! I edited the original post and the GALE01.txt file with this code. This will certainly be helpful to efficiently practice shield dropping and I think it would also work well with the L+D-Pad Left Toggles CPUs to Shoot Projectiles code for practicing powershielding.
 Thank you Achilles :)
Yeah, no knockback is also good for practicing of power shielding !!

Last edited:

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
IIf I knew how to activate sound effects then yes, this would be possible. Would your character blinking a color (like when your shield breaks) at a specified rate work as well?
As long as you could adjust the BPM (blinks per minute in this case), I think it'd be useful. Maybe not as strong as having that auditory feedback to help internalize the timing, but maybe the visual feedback would end up being just as useful. Not a bad idea.

Exasm

Smash Rookie
I've been playing around with this all day, I'm trying to do something simple, I think. I'm trying to give the player's character a yellow color when his control stick inputs left. Any help on this from anyone? Can't figure it out :/

Kou

Smash Apprentice
Achilles, can you also remove "hitback (I don't know how to say in English. When someone's attack hit on opponent's shield, attacker and the opponent stap away a little each other.)" from D-Pad Down (P1 only) Toggles All Players Invincible ?

Last edited:

drummaniac28

Smash Cadet
What other application can I use to load gamecube games with ocarina codes? What do you use?
You can use any USB Loader to load the game with ocarina codes, even if you use an SD card with DML. I use USB Loader GX and its really nice because I put the .txt file with all of the codes on it on the SD card, and I can make new .gct files using USB Loader GX, so I can turn off some codes but still keep some on like the tournament settings, etc. for when i bring my setup to a tournament or smashfest.

EricTheRed

Smash Rookie
Infinite Shield code is not working for me in 1.02

I input it under Gecko Codes but when I save the INI config file, the code doesn't show up, then when I go to edit the config file again, everything I just pasted there is gone.

NooGen

Smash Rookie
I'm using Gecko OS Mod as my loader and none of the d-pad codes are working. I'm using other codes and they're working fine, but none of the codes you listed here are working. Any ideas on what I should do?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I've been playing around with this all day, I'm trying to do something simple, I think. I'm trying to give the player's character a yellow color when his control stick inputs left. Any help on this from anyone? Can't figure it out :/
I have no idea what you're talking about.

Achilles, can you also remove "hitback (I don't know how to say in English. When someone's attack hit on opponent's shield, attacker and the opponent stap away a little each other.)" from D-Pad Down (P1 only) Toggles All Players Invincible ?
Yeah, I know what you mean. I assume it's possible, but it is not something that I have specifically looked for or have changed before. I'll let you know if I find anything.

You can use any USB Loader to load the game with ocarina codes, even if you use an SD card with DML. I use USB Loader GX and its really nice because I put the .txt file with all of the codes on it on the SD card, and I can make new .gct files using USB Loader GX, so I can turn off some codes but still keep some on like the tournament settings, etc. for when i bring my setup to a tournament or smashfest.
I need to look into using USB Loader GX. That sounds mad convenient not having to use the computer to make gct files. Thanks for the info.

Infinite Shield code is not working for me in 1.02

I input it under Gecko Codes but when I save the INI config file, the code doesn't show up, then when I go to edit the config file again, everything I just pasted there is gone.
Someone on Reddit was having this same problem. See here

I'm using Gecko OS Mod as my loader and none of the d-pad codes are working. I'm using other codes and they're working fine, but none of the codes you listed here are working. Any ideas on what I should do?
It seems as though most of my codes are not compatible with GeckoOS. I have no idea why, though. I guess my only suggestion would be to run it off an SD card, as that seems to be working the best.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
New Code:

L+R+D-Pad Down (P1 only) Toggles P2 to Spam D-Smash

Great for practicing edge teching! (At least with spacies)

I am redoing the way the P2 spam moves codes are structured so see the original post on new codes for both this and the spam uptilt code.

Should I start putting the gifs and pics from the original posts (gifs specifically) in spoiler tags? I feel like its getting too much to load.

Last edited:

NooGen

Smash Rookie
I have no idea what you're talking about.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I assume it's possible, but it is not something that I have specifically looked for or have changed before. I'll let you know if I find anything.

I need to look into using USB Loader GX. That sounds mad convenient not having to use the computer to make gct files. Thanks for the info.

Someone on Reddit was having this same problem. See here

It seems as though most of my codes are not compatible with GeckoOS. I have no idea why, though. I guess my only suggestion would be to run it off an SD card, as that seems to be working the best.
Thanks man. I'm just running it on Dios Mios and everything is working just fine! Great work! Maybe if there was a way you could get Falco to pillar combo spam, that way you could practice survival di or how to nair OOS... Too hard?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I'm trying to make a code by myself, which turns a character into a certain color when the player is inputting left on the control stick.
I've never made a code to overlay color on top of a character so I can't really help you for the time being.

Thanks man. I'm just running it on Dios Mios and everything is working just fine! Great work! Maybe if there was a way you could get Falco to pillar combo spam, that way you could practice survival di or how to nair OOS... Too hard?
It would be a little involved but I think it's possible. I'm glad you got everything working.

carnivore

Smash Cadet
Could you make a toggle that has the CPU/P2 always crouch cancel on hit? Would be useful to learn the ins and outs of everyone's crouch cancel.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Could you make a toggle that has the CPU/P2 always crouch cancel on hit? Would be useful to learn the ins and outs of everyone's crouch cancel.
Actually, I don't think I can do this at the moment. I can only get a computer to spam a certain button [combination], not hold it. (the CPU hold shield code is totally different).

Mr Derptastic

Smash Rookie
Hi everyone- first off im a newcomer to these kind of things. Just to show how new I am to this, I tried to get this going and tried for 6 hours last night, but I couldnt get it to work in the end. The reason it took me 6 hours is because I had to learn how to softmod my wii for the first time, and then I had to try to learn how to do the Gecko codes from the guide created by InternetExplorer. Then I tried implementing it with this 20XX guide and I couldnt get it to work. I ended up redoing EVERYTHING (including redoing the homebrew installation) like 5 times because I really dont know what Im doing wrong and I dont know what all the files on the SD card are supposed to look like. I ended up giving up after hours and hours of troubleshooting.

So can any of you guys post a picture of what the contents in your SD card are (What size and if it is a SDHC) and what are inside them. Or possibly make a video tutorial. I really want to get this to work and Ive tried my best but I am in need of help.

Thanks for any responses!!

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I'm just copy and pasting this from another conversation I had. Hopefully it helps. I helped my friend get these codes running from, *i believe*, a fresh softmod so try following these instructions. This is assuming you are trying to run the game off of an SD card, though (which you should do anyway).

Use this guide for installing IOS 236. Even if you think you already have this installed, do it again. I think the installer that InternetExplorer had bundled was not working correctly or something
http://gwht.wikidot.com/ios236

Then you need Dios Mios Lite if you are running from an SD card.

Download this and put this "wad" folder on the root of your sd card. Inside the WAD folder contains Dios Mios Lite.

Now you need to install this Dios Mios Wad:
Download this Wad manager homebrew app and put it in your "apps" folder on the root of your SD card. Then open this program up on your Wii and install the Dios Mios WAD

Now download Dios-Mios-Booter and put that in your "apps" folder as well. This is what you'll use to launch the game (using the steps I noted at the bottom of the 20xx training thread to get codes working).

And if you don't have your ISO in the correct format already,

(copied from a Facebook message I sent someone)
download this program
http://www.hacksden.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=696&d=1350496227
its for your computer
the ISO has to be in a specific format on the sd card for it to read it correctly
so what you want to do
is drag your .iso file over top of that discex.exe file
and then discEX creates a folder called GALE01 (in the same location on your comp that your ISO file came from)
and then you'll want to copy that GALE01 folder to your sd card in the location:
SD:\games\
achilles1515, Today at 9:32 AM

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Wow. Huge leaps in the past few hours.

Figured out how to make P2 hold buttons (previously only knew how to make P2 spam buttons), and because of such, also figured out [relatively] random DI.

So then I made this code to implement it all together.....

P2 (CPU/Human) Fox/Falco Random DI's P1 Marth (Human) Upthrow and Shines Immediately after Hitstun
  • Amazing chaingrab practice
  • ONLY works when starting a match from the debug menu (master dblevel is fine, havent tested any others)
    • So also enable the "Debug Menu replaces Tournament Mode" code, unless you have modified your DOL to already include this code
  • A controller MUST be plugged into port 2. You don't need to touch it but one must be plugged in.
I'm fairly certain this will break the other "Make P2 spam..." codes, so don't use those with this one. And that is why I am posting this here, and not on the main thread - this code needs polishing. BUT...it works, and I'm too excited to not just get something out to you guys.

I need testers! I have to go do homework and stuff now and don't have time to test everything. Please post feedback. I'm going to be working on the "Random DI" some more, but it's pretty solid right now.

Code:
Both of these need to be on!

General P2 Move Forcer (1.02) [Achilles]
C2376BCC 00000012
3DE08048 8A0F0846
2C1000FB 40820014
3E208046 6231B108
7C038800 40820064
2C1000FD 40820014
3C000100 60000C2D
9003000C 48000050
2C1000FC 40820014
3C000100 6000009F
9003000C 48000038
2C1000FB 40820014
3C000200 6000009F
9003000C 48000020
2C1000FA 40820014
3E40804D A2525F90
9243000C 48000008
9003000C 38000000
60000000 00000000

P2 Fox/Falco vs Marth Toggles (1.02) [Achilles]
28e13192 FF00005A
00480846 000000FB
28e13193 0000016D
00453F1B 00000001
00480846 00000000
28e13193 FF0000F1
00453F1B 00000000
00480846 000000FA
28e13193 FF00000E
00453F1B 00000001
00480846 00000000
E2000001 00000000

Speculating into the future now...all my previous codes of making CPUs hold shield/jump will likely become obsolete and they will be remade and able to be toggled in-game. yup....

Last edited:

carnivore

Smash Cadet
Could you make a vs Falcon version? would be great for tech chasing...and a P2 Sheik vs Falcon would be great tooo. lol sorry so many requests, just so much potential with what you're doing here.

Mr Derptastic

Smash Rookie
I'm just copy and pasting this from another conversation I had. Hopefully it helps. I helped my friend get these codes running from, *i believe*, a fresh softmod so try following these instructions. This is assuming you are trying to run the game off of an SD card, though (which you should do anyway).

Use this guide for installing IOS 236. Even if you think you already have this installed, do it again. I think the installer that InternetExplorer had bundled was not working correctly or something
http://gwht.wikidot.com/ios236

Then you need Dios Mios Lite if you are running from an SD card.

Download this and put this "wad" folder on the root of your sd card. Inside the WAD folder contains Dios Mios Lite.

Now you need to install this Dios Mios Wad:
Download this Wad manager homebrew app and put it in your "apps" folder on the root of your SD card. Then open this program up on your Wii and install the Dios Mios WAD

Now download Dios-Mios-Booter and put that in your "apps" folder as well. This is what you'll use to launch the game (using the steps I noted at the bottom of the 20xx training thread to get codes working).

And if you don't have your ISO in the correct format already,

(copied from a Facebook message I sent someone)
download this program
http://www.hacksden.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=696&d=1350496227
its for your computer
the ISO has to be in a specific format on the sd card for it to read it correctly
so what you want to do
is drag your .iso file over top of that discex.exe file
and then discEX creates a folder called GALE01 (in the same location on your comp that your ISO file came from)
and then you'll want to copy that GALE01 folder to your sd card in the location:
SD:\games\
achilles1515, Today at 9:32 AM

Thank you so much for replying- I did everything that you said, but now when I load melee from the .iso it kind of takes a while to load, but it takes me to character select (i used the gale01 file that you gave and used the ocarina codes) then the music starts late and it like repeats and after a while it freezes.

Any tips? Plus, what are all the folders that you should have in your SD card at the end of all this.

Thanks!!

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Thank you so much for replying- I did everything that you said, but now when I load melee from the .iso it kind of takes a while to load, but it takes me to character select (i used the gale01 file that you gave and used the ocarina codes) then the music starts late and it like repeats and after a while it freezes.

Any tips?

Thanks!!
This is good! That means you got everything working (one of the cheats I had on was to boot to the character select screen). I guarantee you your SD card just sucks. I'm guessing you have a cheap, 2 GB one or something. I recommend getting a "Class 10" SD card. The class refers to how fast it is (and probably some other stuff) and I think class 10 is the fastest. This is the SD card that I use. It's a great deal (especially if you have Amazon prime - and if you are a student at a university, you can get it free for 6 months)

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Could you make a vs Falcon version? would be great for tech chasing...and a P2 Sheik vs Falcon would be great tooo. lol sorry so many requests, just so much potential with what you're doing here.
Random CPU teching is coming. And you're right, this has incredible amounts of potential. I'm really excited about it.
What have you done?!?!? If/when I put all this together and it works, I'm going to want to give you monies. You should make that easy for like minded fellows
Hmmm money is nice, but lets not think about that right now

Zoler

Smash Ace
If you make it with a nice interface I will definitely pay for it!

Good work with the DI and teching, we got pretty much everything we need now so goddamn amazing ^^

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure I have one of those cheap 2GB SD cards because that is all PM could use or something like that. For these Melee hacks can you use any sized SD?
Yeah you can use any size. But if you are running it off of the SD card (via Dios Mios), then you will want a fast SD card. So size doesn't matter (as long as its over 2GB), it's only the speed. This doesn't matter for P:M because the games is running off the actual disc. The only thing on the SD card is the codes.

Mr Derptastic

Smash Rookie
Yeah you can use any size. But if you are running it off of the SD card (via Dios Mios), then you will want a fast SD card. So size doesn't matter (as long as its over 2GB), it's only the speed. This doesn't matter for P:M because the games is running off the actual disc. The only thing on the SD card is the codes.
You were right!!! I went and bought a better SD card and it works!!!

Thank you so much for helping and thank you for giving us this beautiful hack! :D

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati

Achilles1515

Smash Master
by the way, I was poking around at some values yesterday and I found the line of code that makes the player in shield not move after getting hit. But couldn't find the value to stop the character who is doing the hitting from moving.

Limeee

Smash Champion
no matter whether i do the code for it everytime i start a game the cpu always goes into the sit in shield and act out of shield mode. i have the other codes enabled but can't seem to get any of them to function (except for fixed camera and hitboxes and the force start and such)

anyone have the same problem?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
no matter whether i do the code for it everytime i start a game the cpu always goes into the sit in shield and act out of shield mode. i have the other codes enabled but can't seem to get any of them to function (except for fixed camera and hitboxes and the force start and such)

anyone have the same problem?
All the codes are toggles. For the ones that you activate at the character select screen, you only want to have one of them on at a time.

So do this for example:
Restart/boot up the game.
Go to character select screen and choose your character and a character for p2.
Hit L+D-Pad Left .
Go to stage selection screen and pick a stage.
---> P2 should be only holding shield

End game.
Now back at character select screen, press L+D-Pad Left to turn the code off.
Start game
---> P2 should be a regular cpu

xJin678

Smash Cadet
Awesome job Achilles. Really appreciate the hard work you're putting into all of this. I'm also super excited about the Random CPU Tech code you mentioned earlier and was wondering whether you can make the CPU buffer a sidestep after the tech. If so, that would be amazing.

Kou

Smash Apprentice
I also couldn't use these cheat on Dios Mios booter. :(
(Dios Mios' version is 2.10)

I confirmed the iso is v1.02 and .gct file is at "SD:\games\GALE01\GALE01.gct".
the gct file seems not to be loaded at all. I'm sad...

(Of course "Cheat" in the setting of Dios Mios booter is ON)

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Awesome job Achilles. Really appreciate the hard work you're putting into all of this. I'm also super excited about the Random CPU Tech code you mentioned earlier and was wondering whether you can make the CPU buffer a sidestep after the tech. If so, that would be amazing.
Yes, I could almost certainly do this.

I also couldn't use these cheat on Dios Mios booter. :(
(Dios Mios' version is 2.10)

I confirmed the iso is v1.02 and .gct file is at "SD:\games\GALE01\GALE01.gct".
the gct file seems not to be loaded at all. I'm sad...

(Of course "Cheat" in the setting of Dios Mios booter is ON)
Maybe you applied too many cheats? try making a gct with only a few cheats enabled as a test. I like to make sure I have the "boot to char select screen" enabled whenever I'm running tests like this because if it boots up and its not at the char select screen, then you know immediately that your cheats didn't get applied

Last edited:
Top Bottom