1. Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 150,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 15 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2. Trying to find the perfect gift? Use the Smashboards Store to get awesome Smash accessories, like a Nintendo Controller! Please check out the inventory in our store and support Smashboards with your purchase today!

The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack 3.01 UPDATE (PAL Chars, More Alt Stages/Costumes, New Debug Menu!)

Discussion in 'Melee Workshop' started by achilles1515, Mar 29, 2014.

1. achilles1515

achilles1515 Moderator

The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack 3.01
    [​IMG]
    [20XX Start Menu by Qual_]

Latest Version
    3.01 Released 10/19/14

20XX Melee Hack Pack 3.01 File Replacements (with Instructions).zip
    • Important Note: Due to the way in which Dolphin caches sections of Melee's code, some of the new codes in 3.00+ may not execute their purpose correctly in Dolphin. Everything will work on console though, which is most important.

~UPDATE~ 3.01 Change List

Affected Files:
    • Start.dol
    • MnMaAll.usd (Menu Text)
    • TyMapD.dat (Normal C. Falcon Alt Costume)

Bug Fixes
    • If Hacked Stages was loaded as being ON from bootup, Brinstar lava and Corneria ships/gun would still be on.
    • Deleting a name tag would remove characters from an 8+ character name tag one slot higher.
    • Creating a new name tag on the CSS would ignore the Rumble flag for that player and always default the name tag to Rumble off.
    Additions
    • "Random" is Default Highlighted on the Stage Select Screen
    • CSS Hand Cursors Default to the HMN/CPU Button
      • Small Bug: After creating a new name tag from the CSS, the player port will be switched to a CPU.
    • Tournament Mode now replaces Fixed Camera Mode
    • Disable CPU Taunting
    • Debug Menu Toggles:
      • General Codes --> Custom Shield Color
        • Create your own shield colors for all players!
      • Character Codes --> DK - Always Full Punch
      • Character Codes --> Peach - Always Pull Specific Turnip/Item
    • SNES Alternate Costume for normal C. Falcon!
      • Cyborg Ninja has been removed.
    [​IMG]

Removals
    • Link/Young Link Super Boomerang Jump
      • It did enable the superjump but caused other unwanted side effects as well when the boomerang was caught.
    • Cyborg Ninja alt costume, as stated above.

GUIDES:
    Wii USB Backup Loading Tutorial - From Start (unhacked Wii) to Finish - Beanwolf
    Video Instructions for Creating the 20XX ISO - Beanwolf
    Guide for Loading the 20XX Melee Hack Pack via USB - Jackmorgan888
    Mac Installation Instructions - Waterdr1nker

Modify a Hacked Wii to Boot Straight to the Homebrew Channel (Goodbye, Wiimote!) - Achilles

If anyone is curious, I boot via SD card. Class 10 (fast) SDHC cards are a good option.

The Complete 20XX Hack Pack 3.01 Feature List
    (SSBM version 1.02 only)

• DO NOT play on Japanese Mode.
    • DO NOT view trophies.
    • I cannot guarantee that Classic, Adventure, or All-Star Mode will not freeze.
      • Many trophy files have been replaced with alternate costumes. If the game tries to load one of these trophies to drop in-game, it will surely freeze.

General Modifications

Custom 20XX Game Banner [Achilles]
    [​IMG]
    Memory Card Saving Compatibility [Achilles]
    • Debug Menu toggles are loaded on boot-up and saved to memory card after leaving the Debug Menu.

Boot to Character Select Screen [InternetExplorer, Achilles]

Default Tournament Settings [Magus, et all]
    • 4 stock, 8 min stock timer, infinite time for timed matches, items off, tourney legal stages on random select, friendly fire ON, rumble OFF for all players, deflicker off.

Unlock All Characters and Stages [Standardtoaster, JMC, Achilles]
    • All characters and stages will be unlocked.
    • All Star Mode, Sound Test, and access to Random Stage Select are available after returning to the bootup splash screen and pressing start (or playing a match with the victory screen enabled).
      • Random Stage Select is still enabled even though you do not have immediate access to it.
    • Special messages that would normally appear with unlocking these items have been removed.

Normal C-Stick Functionality in 1P Mode [Zauron]

Normal C-Stick Functionality in Develop Debug Mode [Magus, Achilles]

Unrestricted Pause Camera [Achilles, strikebowler585]
    • Camera can zoom "indefinitely" out and can rotate around 360 degrees.
    "Random" is Default Highlighted on the Stage Select Screen [Jorgasms]

CSS Hand Cursors Default to the HMN/CPU Button [Achilles]
    • Small Bug: After creating a new name tag from the CSS, the player port will be switched to a CPU.

Disable Trophy Spawn on "Snag the Trophy" Bonus Stage [wParam]
    • The only permanent stage modification in the pack.
    • Makes the stage playable in VS. Mode.
    • Affects Classic Mode as well.

Disable CPU Taunting [Achilles]
    • Works for all CPUs

Disable P2 CPU Sheik --> Zelda Transform [Achilles]
    • If P2 CPU started the game as Sheik, transforming into Zelda will be disabled.
      • As soon as Sheik starts to transform, she will be immediately put into the "Wait" action state which interrupts the transform.
      • I think if she tries to transform while airborne, she will teleport to the ground - I haven't done a whole lot of testing with this, but I think I remember that happening.

P2 CPU Jumps Out of Hitstun [Achilles]
    • It is not a frame perfect jump most of the time, nor does it always occur, but jumping will generally be the first thing the P2 CPU will do out of hitstun.

20XX Custom Debug Menu

Character Select Screen Toggles
    • All players can activate these codes.
    • Also see "Name Tag Hacks" section.

In-Game Toggles
    • All players can activate these codes.

Name Tag Hacks

(Z Button) While Selecting an Alphabet Character to Force Lowercase [Achilles]

Note: The code to constantly write "Achilles" to the first name tag slot has been removed.

Easter Eggs
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2014 at 2:55 PM
  2. BO/\K

BO/\K Smash Cadet

Looks awesome. I can't wait to try it.
  3. JamesBJames

JamesBJames Smash Apprentice

Can't believe you've come up with so much despite only learning this stuff a couple of weeks ago. I thought everything I tested out with you a few days ago was neat, though -- I hope this gets the recognition it deserves!
  4. Kou

Kou Smash Apprentice

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawesome!!!!!
    EazyDI and aMSa like this.
  5. Zoler

Zoler Smash Ace

Awesome work! We now need the most important thing of all, being able to decide DI in training mode!! (With C-stick being available)
  6. nqztv

nqztv Smash Apprentice

well done! for the sake of thoroughness, i think it would be great if you could use the offsets to put the cheats for version 1.00 and 1.01 in the txt file!

also, i was able to get it working in configurable usb loader (that way i don't have to use a different loader for melee and project m :-p). i deleted the blank line at the top of the txt file in your post and also changed the encoding to utf-8. this can be easily done in window's built-in notepad (just change the encoding in the save as dialog box) or the text editor of your choice. i'm not sure if you needed the txt file in the format you had it, but if not, perhaps consider reuploading the txt file in the first post with the removed blank line and changed encoding so people don't need to worry about this :-p.

after changing the txt file, i just put it on my usb drive at usb:/usb-loader/codes/GALE01.txt. then i can select the game in configurable usb loader, select 'Manage', then 'Manage Cheats', and then it should list all the cheats from the txt file. you can then scroll down and select all the cheats you want and then select '<Save .gct>'. then you can exit out of that, select 'Options', and then turn on 'Ocarina (cheats)'. then you can select start to load the game with the cheats you selected.

note, i believe there is a limitation to the size of the gct file when using dios mios. if it's too big, it won't load it and will just run the game as normal. so be careful to not go overboard when selecting the cheats ;-). i suppose you could just edit main.dol directly to get around this, but that would require considerable more effort :-p.

oh, and perhaps you should remind people to backup their memory cards before starting the game with cheats as using the cheats will sometimes destroy the contents of the memory card.

p.s. i'm using configurable usb loader v70r65, dios mios 2.10, and melee v1.02. also, in case anyone wants to know, here is my results for testing the cheats:
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2014
  7. achilles1515

achilles1515 Moderator

Possibly some day...

nqztv, thanks for the informative post! I guess I now realize my problem I had when I was trying to get cheats to work on CFG; I was trying to use a premade .gct and not just putting the codes in a text file and having CFG do it for you. Good to know, though.

I think I ran into the maximum amount of lines of Gecko codes problem on Dolphin (231 lines?). I imediately got scared when this happened, thinking that might be the limit using Dios Mios as well. So I applied all the cheats I had on when I went overboard with Dolphin, on my wii, and everything still worked...phew! I'm not sure what the max is but I plan on pushing it to the limit! :bee:

Thanks for doing a through test of the codes as well.
  8. Soupeschleg

Soupeschleg Smash Cadet

looks incredible, can't wait to try it out!
  9. Shwagzamaxima

Shwagzamaxima Smash Cadet

About time basement grinding became actually worth your time.
    Now I can practise shield pressure, learn hitboxes, get dash-dance spacing down, and learn to approach projectile spammers. All without leaving my house. Like a true warrior.
    Systemic, Osennecho, Bean Yak and 5 others like this.
  10. TerryJ

TerryJ Smash Journeyman

3DS FC:
    1337-1337-1337
    NNID:
    1337-1337-1337
    Hot damn! I know you said you were working on some big stuff but I didn't think you were working on EVERYTHING!

All I can really say is THANK YOU! Not very many people have put in this much work to hacking the game. <3<3<3<3

I'm probably gonna use every one of these codes.
    achilles1515 likes this.
  11. phish-it

phish-it Smash Champion

Very impressive, will a 1.0 code be released sometime soon?
  12. nqztv

nqztv Smash Apprentice

you can use a premade gct as well, you just have to put it at usb:/usb-loader/codes/GALE01.gct for configurable usb loader. i just suggested the other way since i figured people would want to try out different codes at different times and rather than switching your drive back and forth between your computer and wii, you can do it all within the wii ;-).
  13. dashdancedan

dashdancedan Smash Journeyman

Is there any way to do the shield grab/jump codes with Action Replay, or is it Dolphin/Wii exclusive?
  14. Kou

Kou Smash Apprentice

Achilles, maybe we can't find "D-Pad Down (P1 only) Toggles Bomb Rain, All Players Invinc, 2x Shield Deplete (1.02)" codes in the OP of this thread.
  15. achilles1515

achilles1515 Moderator

Thanks for pointing this out. It's in there now.
  16. achilles1515

achilles1515 Moderator

dashdancedan, do you have an actual GC Action Replay or something? I don't know how to do the one button toggles that all these codes use (that seems to be a Gecko only codetype) but I could write you an AR code that uses Z+D-Pad Up to toggle it off, if that will work for you.

Edit:

Try this:
    (1.02, Action Replay)
    L+D-Pad Up Turns On CPU Holding Shield and Jump/Grab
    Z+D-Pad Up Turns it Off

4A46B108 00000048
    00480845 00000000
    00480848 0000000C
    0A46B108 00000018
    00480848 00000000

I'm not on my desktop where I can actually test this code but I think it will work. When you turn it off, the P2 CPU might act like a human, but closing the port and opening it back up might alleviate that problem. Not sure exactly, but let me know if you get around to testing this.
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2014
  17. The Prince

The Prince Smash Rookie

Could somebody please post a pre made .gct for 1.02? I am having so much trouble getting a .gct as I have a Mac and Ocarina Code Manager doesn't work. Thanks!
  18. nqztv

nqztv Smash Apprentice

@The Prince if you can't get the ocarina code manager on your computer to generate the file for you, you can try to generate it on your wii with configurable usb loader as i described in a previous post. it would probably be best if you figured it out on your end so you can turn codes on and off at will as opposed to being stuck with the one configuration you request at this time (btw, you didn't even specify what you want enabled... there are almost 90 different "cheats" in the txt file provided in the first post). and this thread has the potential to turn into a request thread where it's just pages and pages of people requesting gcts of different configurations. if you have problems with getting configurable usb loader to work as well, let us know and we can try to walk you through things.
  19. Zoler

Zoler Smash Ace

DI and teching! If you made that possible you would revolutionize Melee forever!
  20. KuKKii

KuKKii Smash Rookie

With what version of Dolphin does the L+D-Pad-Left work?

It crashes for me with:
    Dolphin 4.02
    Dolphin 4.0-1337
    Dolphin 4.0-648
    Dolphin 4.0-652
  21. hectohertz

hectohertz Smash Ace

really impressive stuff dude! glad to see the melee hacking scene is still alive

would you post some technical details of what memlocs you found for what? i'm particularly interested in the cpu one, but a writeup for any/all would be really cool to read as well. feel free to shoot me a msg.

meleeeeeeee!!!!

also perhaps you could display the consecutive hit counter in one of the not-used slots percent counter. ajp_anton did something like that in melee impossible.

shuall likes this.
  22. achilles1515

achilles1515 Moderator

It should work with every version of Dolphin that supports Gecko codes. Do ANY Gecko codes work for you? Try any of these.

I do plan on doing a little writeup of what changes were made, among other things. And I had the exact same thought yesterday of possibly using unused percentage slots as the counter. I'll have to look into it!
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2014
  23. Smasher89

Smasher89 Smash Lord

Ill surely try this out when i know it can be used on pal.
    Im sure that ll help me getting some real 20xx(iceage) IC practice in, being able to actually try out how good ICs desynched pressure is on shield is and practice the reactions is something thats now available that hasnt and im sure thats gonna help alot. Foxes being better att pressuring shields is making it more fun too.
  24. Generalardj

Generalardj Smash Cadet

I have some problems loading cheats, I put the GCT in USB:games/GALE01/GALE01.gct but it doesn't work.

I'm using Dios Mios Booter with Ocarina ON and SSBM v1.2.
  25. achilles1515

achilles1515 Moderator

I'm actually working on porting most of the codes to PAL and 1.00 right now. Should be up within an hour or two

Hmm weird. Sounds like its all in the right place. I guess try using a different loader then, assuming you know for certain your ISO is v1.02 and that you correctly made the gct file. nqztv gives instructions for CFG Loader a few posts up and InternetExplorer has instructions for GeckoOS on the the Gecko codes thread stickied in this forum.
  26. Generalardj

Generalardj Smash Cadet

Thanks, now it works!
    But there's a problem :\ I can't activate all of your 10 codes, because as nqztv said, there's a limit :\
    Can you do anything about that?

Anyway you should include the miniguide made by nqztv. Basically you just have to delet the first blank line of your .txt file, chenge the encode to UTF-8 and put it in USB:/usb-loader/codes/GALE01.txt.

Load cfg usb loader mod v70 r65 -> Select the game -> Manage -> Manage cheats -> Select all the codes you want (you can't select too many or the cfg won't load anything!) -> <Save .gct> then you load the game with ocarina activated.
  27. achilles1515

achilles1515 Moderator

So when you select all these codes on CFG Loader, it won't load anything? I was using them all on Dios-Mios-Booter and it was working just fine. and yes, I'll put this information in the main post after I update a few more things
  28. Generalardj

Generalardj Smash Cadet

Sadly...
  29. tm

tm Smash Journeyman

This is ****ing awesome. Will try this out as soon as possible.

Requests:
    Random DI (or at least for being thrown)
    Random teching descisions (left, right, in place, or no tech. Possibly random getup options and timing before doing so [although this is asking a lot])

This is SO COOL. Keep it up.
  30. KuKKii

KuKKii Smash Rookie

Most of those work.
    that's the way i named them, but should be clear which codes they are

hitbox
    collision
    camera
    CSS(force SSS)
    Stamina
    All C&S
    Infinity
    Developer Mode
    all work.

CPUShield(used in CSS crashes while having the ready countdown up, after the stage has loaded)
    c-stick(Crashes before loading stage)
    don't work
  31. WINK ;)

WINK ;) I'm so high. . .

• Premium
    These codes are used for AR right?
  32. Lykon

Lykon Smash Rookie

I tried it but every hook type option I choose freezes my game at the intro video, I already installed everything you said :/
  33. Lunchables

Lunchables Constructables

• Premium
    Is there a way to do this kind of stuff in projectm? If so, is anyone working on it? I'm mainly a pm player and some of this stuff would be awesome for pm.
  34. achilles1515

achilles1515 Moderator

Not Action Replay. They are Gecko Codes

What app are you using as the loader? CFG? This sounds like you are using codes for the wrong version of the game you are using, because most of the time the game freezes immediately.

I know nothing about coding P:M / Brawl so I have no clue
  35. LyeN

LyeN Smash Rookie

"Also, anytime Zelda is chosen for P2, she will automatically start as Sheik." Can this get its own code?

And btw, this code causes Dolphin to crash when I launch SSBM:
    Choosing Icicle Mountain Stage from Stage Select Screen loads Trophy Stage instead
    [Achilles]
    0C480684 006E0019
    04480684 006E0053
    0C480684 FF6E0019
    04480684 FF6E0053
  36. achilles1515

achilles1515 Moderator

LyeN, remember when I said I found a "development" in making my previous code Zelda is always Sheik code? Well it turns out in works on every other character except Zelda...for some unknown reason.

You can use this code, but you'll easily be able to see why I said it wasn't perfect. When the character select screen shows up after a game, it will try and load Sheik's character select portrait...but one does not exist. Therefore, the game doesnt really know what to do and it will just set the character values back to the default upon bootup and act like that player has not chosen a character yet. So after every game, if you want to play as Zelda/Sheik again, you'll have to repick them. You'll see what I mean when you try it. And it's not just after a match. Anytime Zelda is chosen, her character ID will be immediately changed to Sheik. So anytime Zelda is chosen and then you exit out of the Character select screen (playing a game, exiting to menus, or going to game options), you will have to repick her.

It technically does what you want though, if Zelda is chosen, she will start the match as Sheik.

(Gecko Codes, version 1.02)

P1 Zelda will start match as Sheik
    28480820 00FF1200
    00480820 00000013
    E2000001 00000000

P2 Zelda will start match as Sheik
    28480844 00FF1200
    00480844 00000013
    E2000001 00000000

P3 Zelda will start match as Sheik
    28480868 00FF1200
    00480868 00000013
    E2000001 00000000

P4 Zelda will start match as Sheik
    2848088C 00FF1200
    0048088C 00000013
    E2000001 00000000

12 is Zelda's character ID and Sheik's is 13. What this is doing is saying "if character ID for Player X is 12 (Zelda) then change it to 13 (Sheik)".

You can just put them all together as one code if that's what you want. But if you want to do that, it can be a shorter code than just copy and pasting all the above. PM me if this is what you're interested in.
    LyeN likes this.
  37. LyeN

LyeN Smash Rookie

Thanks a lot! FYI: Sheik is spelled as "Sheik", not "Shiek" :D

Any idea what's wrong with this?
    "And btw, this code causes Dolphin to crash when I launch SSBM:
    Choosing Icicle Mountain Stage from Stage Select Screen loads Trophy Stage instead
    [Achilles]
    0C480684 006E0019
    04480684 006E0053
    0C480684 FF6E0019
    04480684 FF6E0053"
  38. achilles1515

achilles1515 Moderator

Lol, thanks for informing me of the Sheik spelling mistake. I guess I'll update that post because I said it like 50 times.

Do you have that in as an Action Replay code? Because it is AR, not Gecko. If that is by chance the problem, visit the other thread I made in this forum about loading different stages. And really, the codes used there are better than this one anyway (they change only what is necessary) so you should do that to update this code anyway.
  39. KoRoBeNiKi

KoRoBeNiKi Smash Hero

Northern NJ, 15 minutes from the GW or Manhattan
    really nice work, you deserve all the likes.
  40. WINK ;)

WINK ;) I'm so high. . .

• Premium
    Can someone link me something on a Gecko tutorial?

Is Gecko the same as homebrew? Sorry I am new to hacking wii's.