• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Textures Leaked - Ridley, Isaac, and Bandana Dee trophies not present? UPDATED: MORE NEW EVIDENCE!

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
So earlier today, all of the textures for Super Smash Bros. for 3DS were leaked out. This, of all the things it included, had all of the textures used for the trophies. Strangely enough, Ridley, Isaac, and Bandana Dee had all been missing trophies!

Also, along with that, RIGHT NEXT TO the Character Select Screen textures is two textures featuring green and orange arrows pointing left and right, respectively. The same thing goes for the Stage Select Screen, except these textures have the same outline that the SSS Stage Icons have. Also, the textures for the Character Select Screen have the same background color as the CSS background (dark-ish gray), so they fit in correctly.

Thoughts?

Arrow Textures:

Character Select Screen...

Stage Select Screen...

ANOTHER FIND:

Sakurai, what were you planning?

Last edited:

RetroBro

Smash Ace
Bandana Dee never had a trophy to begin with. Ridley and Isaac are definitely strange absentees.

GoddessOfLamps

Smash Ace
I think that DLC is going to happen, might not be now but eventually it WILL happen... But it's impossible to say which characters (or stages) will be included, Ridley might have a trophy exclusive to the Wii U version (since he appears there as a boss). But Bandana Dee's and Isaac's absence is strange since they appear on portable games for the most part.
All hope is not lost we might get our beloved :mewtwopm:!

EDIT: The 8 player images are definitely weird... Maybe it has something to do with the connectivity with the Wii U version? Sakurai never fails to surprise us (or troll us)!

Last edited:

kamus_aran

Smash Apprentice
8 players??? Really?

That'd be great though :))

Last edited:

TheDMonroeShow

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3695-0037-2189
If I'm not mistaken the 3ds at least has normal trophies for the wii u exclusive assist trophies correct? So it seems odd that issac would still not be in there as well as ridley. Hm..nothing definite but the sure gets my hopes up for the both of them especially with those arrows textures. Reminds me of how PSAS dlc characters were on a separate screen for the vita version

The 8player thing is interest though, i doubt the 3ds could handle that at all especially with the recent IC news.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
8 players?
Group Battles confirmed.
Frenzy confirmed.
4v4 confirmed.
I-Don't-Even-Know confirmed.

-

Do the arrows actually show up on the screens, or were they just hidden texture files?

Lord Goomy

Smash Apprentice
Bandana Dee never had a trophy to begin with. Ridley and Isaac are definitely strange absentees.
Of course he didn't have a trophy before, his first game (other than Megaton Punch in Kirby Superstar) came out over 3 years after Brawl. The fact of the matter is that he is a prominent character not represented at all in the game.

This really gives me hope for these characters, especially BDee and Isaac. I would be ecstatic if we got dlc.

GoddessOfLamps

Smash Ace
If I'm not mistaken the 3ds at least has normal trophies for the wii u exclusive assist trophies correct? So it seems odd that issac would still not be in there as well as ridley. Hm..nothing definite but the sure gets my hopes up for the both of them especially with those arrows textures. Reminds me of how PSAS dlc characters were on a separate screen for the vita version

The 8player thing is interest though, i doubt the 3ds could handle that at all especially with the recent IC news.
Actually all of the assist trophies confirmed for the Wii U version also appear on the 3DS version. If you're interested here's a video showing all of them. Now that I think about it, it's already really hard to follow all of the action happening on the 3DS version with 4 characters, so adding another 4 on top of that would just make it impossible to play. Too many things would be happening at the same time (not to mention that many of the 3DS stages are really small). It's probably a Wii U connectivity thing (if it wasn't cut during development).

Last edited:

kamus_aran

Smash Apprentice
OMG. I'm so hyped for the 8-player thing. It would definitely be a lot of fun :chuckle:

Last edited:

Bane84

Smash Journeyman
The character renders were leaked too:
http://imgur.com/a/y8W8w#0

The renders are already present on the SSB Wiki.

This means that we can finally complete the SSB4 Character Discussion forum with the rest of the character icons. :)

TheDMonroeShow

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3695-0037-2189
Actually all of the assist trophies confirmed for the Wii U version also appear on the 3DS version. If you're interested here's a video showing all of them. Now that I think about it, it's already really hard to follow all of the action happening on the 3DS version with 4 characters, so adding another 4 on top of that would just make it impossible to play. Too many things would be happening at the same time (not to mention that many of the 3DS stages are really small). It's probably a Wii U connectivity thing (if it wasn't cut during development).
Oh! thank you. I must of just heard outdated info? I think that actually further helps issac's chances then. I mean unless he's just a wii u exclusive trophy..which would be lame considering its portable series.

and yea i agree about the 3ds, imagine trying to find your character on the 2ds on the original 3ds model? It would be unbearable.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Interesting. I doubt it means anything though.

No DK Assist Trophy again. Sigh.

Last edited:

Ozyroth

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ozyroth
Guys guys! What if the 8 Players is a WiiU exclusive mode when connecting 4 3DS!

Think about it, the WiiU probably only have the power to handle 4 characters on it's own but when you have 4 other consoles running other 4 characters... 4v4s confirmed! (I'd love that mode, hopefully we are getting that).

RetroBro

Smash Ace
Of course he didn't have a trophy before, his first game (other than Megaton Punch in Kirby Superstar) came out over 3 years after Brawl. The fact of the matter is that he is a prominent character not represented at all in the game.

This really gives me hope for these characters, especially BDee and Isaac. I would be ecstatic if we got dlc.
Had no idea, I thought he was a prominent character throughout the series or something.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Aren't the P7, P8 thingies related to the fighting Mii team in Classic Mode?

Code Bread

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1736-1424-9042
The idea that this game has incomplete data makes me want to cry.
Especially those eight player logos.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
So earlier today, all of the textures for Super Smash Bros. for 3DS were leaked out. This, of all the things it included, had all of the textures used for the trophies. Strangely enough, Ridley, Isaac, and Bandana Dee had all been missing trophies!

Also, along with that, RIGHT NEXT TO the Character Select Screen textures is two textures featuring green and orange arrows pointing left and right, respectively. The same thing goes for the Stage Select Screen, except these textures have the same outline that the SSS Stage Icons have. Also, the textures for the Character Select Screen have the same background color as the CSS background (dark-ish gray), so they fit in correctly.

Thoughts?

Arrow Textures:

Character Select Screen...

Stage Select Screen...

ANOTHER FIND:

Sakurai, what were you planning?
Before anybody gets ahead of themselves, there's something we need to know. Could those arrows possibly fit on the current screens?

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Before anybody gets ahead of themselves, there's something we need to know. Could those arrows possibly fit on the current screens?
If somebody could provide me screenshots of the CSS and SSS screens when complete, I can see if they'd work.

It'd be even more helpful if the bottom screen is included, too, since that's probably where they would be.

GoddessOfLamps

Smash Ace
Of course they can, they're not made of Ridley! In all seriousness, the CSS icon is a square while the SSS one is a rectangle, this matches the current layout of both the screens. So yes they probably fit in the screens.

EDIT: Plus the CSS has plenty of space for more icons and the SSS has that one black spot that could fit an icon.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
If somebody could provide me screenshots of the CSS and SSS screens when complete, I can see if they'd work.

It'd be even more helpful if the bottom screen is included, too, since that's probably where they would be.
Of course they can, they're not made of Ridley! In all seriousness, the CSS icon is a square while the SSS one is a rectangle, this matches the current layout of both the screens. So yes they probably fit in the screens.
The resolution should also match, but the easiest way to see that is a side-by-side comparison of the other icons. If these are really off, then we can assume they weren't close to being used.

And, er, no screenshots from me. Can't post pics on this thing...

The P1-P8 thing makes me think Online Tournament.
Or winner-out/loser-out modes.

Last edited:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Holy Bionis! 0_0 I don't want to get myself too hyped over something that could very well be nothing, however at the same time the evidence to support more playable characters, Ridley and Isaac and possibly Bandana Dee, make's me want to squeal with excitement! Not to mention the thought of an 8 player mode! CANNOT CONTAIN HYPE!!! :bluejump::chuckle::colorful::crazy::joyful:

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
It's certainly different to something like Injustice, where Martian Manhunter, Scorpion, Lobo and Batgirl were hidden in the game's code and then announced DLC. Then again, it seems like characters such as Zod weren't included in the game code initially, so I imagine that maybe these hidden characters' code is going to be relayed to 3DS users via patches.

GoddessOfLamps

Smash Ace
Super bizarre
Not really, these kind of things can just be patched into the game nowadays and Sakurai has been really careful with leaks, so I doubt that he would include data from DLC characters in the 3DS version. The arrows on the other hand could have been included because they aren't direct spoilers to which characters/stages will be DLC.

Last edited:
Top Bottom