1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 150,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 15 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3. Trying to find the perfect gift? Use the Smashboards Store to get awesome Smash accessories, like a Nintendo Controller! Please check out the inventory in our store and support Smashboards with your purchase today!

Texture Hacking: Help

Discussion in 'Tutorials, FAQs & Help' started by BnC-Missingno., Dec 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BnC-Missingno.

BnC-Missingno. Smash Rookie

I need help with texturing hacking. I am using the below guide,

http://nintendobros.com/2009/03/15/brawl-texture-hacking-with-gecko-os-quick-guide-for-custom-textures/,

yet it doesn't seem to help me. :confused: :(

I'm using a USA Wii 4.0U, an 8GB SDHC Micro>SD Adapter card, the latest Homebrew Channel, the latest Gecko OS from the Homebrew Browser, and a USA Super Smash Bros. Brawl v1. I do not have Brawl+ (Plus) on my SDHC Micro>SD Adapter card.

The only code I am using is the File Patch Code v3.5.1 and the file is E:\codes\RSBE01.gct. The path to the texture hacks is E:\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\Fighter\XXX (XXX being the fighter name with the first letter capitalized). All the texture hack files look like Fit___00.pcs (___ being the fighter). The files I'm using came from http://www.sendspace.com/file/33q1ko.

How do I fix the problem?
  2. Stoney

Stoney Smash Apprentice

[loh-kay-shuhn] n. The act or process of locating
    You'd be better off asking such questions in the texture hacking thread than making a new thread about it.

When you post there, you'll probably want to explain exactly what the nature of the problem is. Does the game refuse to boot at all? Does it boot, but give you the Beep of Death when you start a match? Does the match start, but give characters their default textures instead of the custom textures you gave them? Et cetera. Explaining what happens when you turn the game on will give everyone clues about what is going wrong.
  3. marter

marter Smash Apprentice

So the texture hacks are fitxxx00.pcs?

Make sure that the costume you select in-game is the default one, because that is what you are replacing.
  4. Isatis

Isatis resist

• Premium
    • Back Roomer

If it's 3GB or above, Brawl will not read it. Doesn't matter if Gecko OS, Homebrew or the Wii Menu can read SDHC's, Brawl itself cannot read SDHC, and neither can the codes. :ohwell:

You're gonna have to get a 2GB or lower SD card if you want textures to work.

Post your questions in this thread about textures instead of making a New Topic. Thanks! :p

Locked.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.