• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Test of Island Courage: Mike for SSB4!

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Hey, guys, what kind of a voice do you all think Mike would have if he ever got into Smash, and what voice actor do you all think it would be?
It's been such a long time since I've heard this VA do anything, but if they could get the English VA for Yusuke Urameshi from Yu Yu Hakusho, that'd be perfect. Ever since I first watched that show, I actually imagined that said VA would be perfect for Mike. lol

English all the way btw. He's Americolan!

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I hope he's a pretty chill American with certain bursts of insanity so... Whomever can pull that off would be best for me.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I hope he's a pretty chill American with certain bursts of insanity so... Whomever can pull that off would be best for me.
Yeah.....Will Friedle, Yuri Lowethal, or.....OMG, How did I NOT think of this choice sooner?! Roger Craig Smith! He's got a ton of attitude in his voice, not to mention the sarcasm! He'd be perfect for Mike!

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Updated supporters.

As for voice actor, yeah, Roger Craig Smith could pull him off. Also, Seth Green comes to mind for some reason.
A lot of people seemed to be alright with Johnny Yong Bosch voicing Mike back when there was a rumor going on that he could be voicing him.

Also, Aj LoCascio did a fine Marty Mc.Fly in Back to the Future: The Game, so I think he could pull of a pretty good Mike. (And part of me wishes Mike sounded similar to Marty, lol).

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Updated supporters.

As for voice actor, yeah, Roger Craig Smith could pull him off. Also, Seth Green comes to mind for some reason.
A lot of people seemed to be alright with Johnny Yong Bosch voicing Mike back when there was a rumor going on that he could be voicing him.

Also, Aj LoCascio did a fine Marty Mc.Fly in Back to the Future: The Game, so I think he could pull of a pretty good Mike. (And part of me wishes Mike sounded similar to Marty, lol).
Roger Craig Smith could probably use his Sonic voice, just make it a bit more laid back and sarcastic at times. Seth Green...meh, I can see it happening, if Nintendo actually goes through with the idea. Johnny Yong Bosch, same as Roger Craig Smith. OMG, I'm honestly thinking of Marty McFly's voice coming out of Mike's mouth...:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Even though you aren't here shinhed-echi shinhed-echi , I would like to say that I support the inclusion of this literal Banana Bender. Mike Jokes was always a funny guy with his weapons and the lore of C-Island was interesting in both StarTropics titles. Too bad the games were never acknowledged by Sakurai after all these years.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Even though you aren't here shinhed-echi shinhed-echi , I would like to say that I support the inclusion of this literal Banana Bender. Mike Jokes was always a funny guy with his weapons and the lore of C-Island was interesting in both StarTropics titles. Too bad the games were never acknowledged by Sakurai after all these years.
Last time I checked, Mike Jones is not from Queensland. Unless I'm misunderstanding your joke.

And you know what's the real funny thing, you've posted in the threads of three people who I've invited long ago yet never accepted their invite. Now watch them show up by Friday when it's too late. :troll:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I guess I'll go ahead and day goodbye to this thread. It doesn't seem right for me to start up this thread without shinhed-echi shinhed-echi . So, I guess we'll do this next game. Of course, if you he does decide to reopen this thread in the new group, I'll be an avid supporter of it. :)

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I guess I'll go ahead and day goodbye to this thread. It doesn't seem right for me to start up this thread without shinhed-echi shinhed-echi . So, I guess we'll do this next game. Of course, if you he does decide to reopen this thread in the new group, I'll be an avid supporter of it. :)
I understand you're trying to respect shinhed-echi's wishes, but considering he hasn't been seen here on SB for a while, I'd make one just in case, and then give him ownership from there. Just to be safe. I don't want to lose the Mike Jones thread, so...

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I understand you're trying to respect shinhed-echi's wishes, but considering he hasn't been seen here on SB for a while, I'd make one just in case, and then give him ownership from there. Just to be safe. I don't want to lose the Mike Jones thread, so...
But I DO visit SB at least once a week. :( I admit I'm becoming more of a full-time lurker though.
If anyone wants to take over this thread, I'm ok with it. Other than being a tad busy, I'm also working on my biggest ST-related project ever (I estimate it's already about 70% complete at this point). Hopefully I'll finish it before the Anniversary and post it here, no matter who's running it. :D

If you'd like to run this thread, you're free to do so. :3 I don't really hang around this thread because, like I said, I've been busy with stuff, and this thread doesn't have much movement (I admit this is mostly my fault, lol, but I hope the results of my little project will compensate this)..

DLC will keep coming, I believe, so no reason to wait for the next game, let's keep pushing for Mike right NOW! :D

And you know what's the real funny thing, you've posted in the threads of three people who I've invited long ago yet never accepted their invite. Now watch them show up by Friday when it's too late. :troll:
Wait, did you send me an invite of some sort? :( I probably overlooked it.... That, and like I said, I'm kind of turning into a lurker these days, so that's probably why. :p

I'll go ahead and add you to the support list, welcome and thanks for the support! :D
I have a bit of faith that Nintendo will give StarTropics a try in some sort of Mobile app at least. (Although it's way too hard to depend on touch controls...)

Top Bottom