• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Terminal Support Thread - Happy Mask Salesman!

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
The Curator of Masks - Happy Mask Salesman DLC Support

"You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?"

Appearances
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D
Upcoming Zelda Title?!
[collapse=Happy Moveset]Abilities
  • Wall Jump: Yes
  • Wall Cling: Yes
  • Crawl: No
Stats
  • Size: Around Ganondorf's height in Brawl, his bag adds onto his size and is included in his hitbox.
  • Weight: Heavier end of medium weight, slightly heavier than Ike due to his bag.
  • Jump Height: Slightly higher than Samus, his second jump is shorter than the first.
  • Speed: Walking- Around Luigi's speed. Dashing- Slightly faster than Pit. Falling- Around Snake's speed.
Standard Attacks
Jab- Swings his right fist, then punches with his left fist, finishes with a kick similar to Falcon's Utilt.
FTilt- Jabs forward, similar to Luigi's FSmash, if A is held he will perform continuous jabs.
UTilt- Tosses his bag upwards, has downward knockback.
DTilt- Crouches down and kicks forward, somewhat similar to Ganondorf's Dtilt.
Dash- Tumbles forward before flipping onto his feet.
Floor Attack- Jumps up quickly, sweeping his hands and feet.
Ledge Attack- Slides onto the ledge with a kick.
Strong Ledge- Thrusts himself up backwards, hitting with his bag.

Smash Attacks
FSmash-Swings his bag forward, may stun the enemy.
USmash- Hand-stands on his bag and kicks upward twice.
DSmash- Crouches low and kicks forward whilst thrusting his palm back, his bag also damages enemies above.

Arials
Nair- Spins around, hitting with his bag.
Fair- Chops forward with his hand.
Uair- Drills his hand upwards.
Dair- Does a front flip, headbutting downwards.
Bair- Flips around and kicks upwards.

Throws
Grab- Medium range, relatively quick.
Pummel- Shakes his opponent furiously.
FThrow- Tosses the opponent forward and kicks them away.
UThrow- Tosses the opponent upwards and rams his bag into them.
DThrow- Slams his bag onto the opponent.
BThrow- Slaps the opponent and slams them behind him.

Specials
SideB- Zora Mask: The Salesman quickly transforms into Zora form and launches his fins before transforming back. This move cannot be used again until the fins disappear off-screen.

DownB- Goron Mask: The Salesman transforms into Goron form and begins rolling in place, he then launches himself around on stage, similar to Yoshi's Egg Roll. He transforms back to normal at the end of the move.

UpB- Deku Mask: The Salesman transforms into Deku form and flies upwards with a flower before floating slowly back downwards, pressing B during this time will drop a Deku Nut.

NeutralB- Mask Pull: The Salesman pulls out a random mask from Majora's Mask as a counter, each has it's own affect.
  • Blast Mask- Explodes, causing large damage to the enemy and slight damage to the Salesman.
  • Stone Mask- An effective dodge, if it successfully counters an attack, the Salesman will be immune for three seconds.
  • Garo's Mask- A counter similar to Marth's, if used successfully the Salesman will lash out with two Garo swords for a high-kockback attack.
  • Bremen Mask- If this mask successfully counters an attack, the opponent will be attacked by a small swarm of cuckoos.
  • Kamaro's Mask- The Salesman will perform a quick dance upon a successful counter, the enemy will trip and be stunned briefly.
  • Mask of Truth- A successful counter will turn an attack back at the sender, with double the power.
Final Smash- Fierce Deity Mask- The Salesman dons the Fierce Diety Mask and becomes the Oni Salesman, this transformation lasts for a short amount of time as the Salesman's moveset is replaced with a sword.

Miscellaneous
  • Entrance- Appears in a puff of smoke and bows to the screen.
  • Taunt1- Laughs while rubbing his chin.
  • Taunt2- Puts on a mask and pulls a scary pose.
  • Taunt3- Strikes multiple poses in similar way to Luigi.
  • Victory1- Bows and holds the pose.
  • Victory2- Holds a random mask and laughs.
  • Victory3- Plays the piano he summons from Majora's Mask.
  • Match Loss- Holds his head and shakes angrily.
[/collapse] [collapse=Happy Pallet Swaps]
[/collapse]
[collapse=Happy Home Stage]
Clock Tower

The interior area of the Clock Tower from Majora's Mask where you first encounter the Happy Mask Salesman. A medium sized, neutral stage with walk-off borders and pits to fall in, the enclosed ceiling prevents characters from being KO'd skywards, only being able to fly off to the sides or fall into the pits. There are no hazards, but certain characters may make cameo appearances.
[/collapse]
[collapse=Time's End Melodies]
[/collapse]​

Un-Happy Arguments:
Young Link is more important and actually uses the masks!
While Young Link actually uses the masks and the Salesman doesn't do much of anything, this wouldn't stop him from being able to use the masks as Link has, similar to how Ness uses his friend's abilities instead of his own. The Salesman using the masks would also negate having a third Link and another sword user.
What about Skull Kid? He was the main villain and has appeared more!
While at the expense of another villain, the Salesman did play a prominent role in Majora's Mask, and his role in Ocarina of Time was larger than that of Skull Kids. They both have also appeared in the same number of games, a grand total of three each, with both of them appearing in OoT and MM. Skull Kid was also recently confirmed as an assist trophy, leaving a clear path for the Happy Mask Salesman to take stage.

Masked Eccentrics:
JamesDNaux ~ KingofPhantoms47 ~ Zero2570 ~ SuperBrawler ~ JetpackX ~ insomniac19 ~ KingShadow ~ God Robert's Cousin ~ MaskO'Gears ~ PigmaskColonel ~ ElPanandero ~ 3D Dillon ~ Wintropy ~ Freduardo ~ CliffJumper
[collapse=3D Dillon's Post]
HMS is such a mysterious character, people have been talking about him since 2000. Yet, he has some sort of potential of being a playable character. Using masks to perform attacks is, imo, an interesting idea. Young Link could do it, but too many of his traditional attacks (like the sword and arrows) would have to be replaced. Also, transforming into different races would go against limitations. HMS doesn't have or need any swords or arrows. He uses masks that have magical powers: the powers of the Deku, Goron, and Zora races.
Note: HMS as DLC may not happen, but support anyway! (Just like for King K. Rool!)

MOVESET:

Trailer Tagline: Happy Mask Salesman... wait, what?!

ENTRANCE:
Walks with his mask bag and takes it off.

ALTERNATE PALLETTES:
Purple (default)
Dark Green
Red
Blue
Skull Kid Costume
Kafei Costume
Tingle Costume
Black (alt trophy)

REGULAR:
Standard Ground: (Deku Mask) Shoots a deku seed in a short range.
Side Ground: (Zora Mask) Three button combo: Slashes with his fins twice on the first two buttons and kicks on the last.
Dash Ground: (Deku Mask) Twirls three times.
Up Ground: (Deku Mask) Shoots a deku seed upwards. Again, short range.
Down Ground: (Zora Mask) Jabs with his fin.
Standard Aerial: (Goron Mask) Spins in a ball.
Front Side Aerial: (Zora Mask) Slashes upwards with his fins.
Back Side Aerial: (Goron Mask) Thrusts his back forward.
Up Aerial: (Zora Mask) Spins his fins upwards like a propeller.
Down Aerial: (Deku Mask) Shoots a deku seed downwards in a short range.

SMASH:
Side Smash: (Goron Mask) Punches with a powerful uppercut.
Up Smash: (Zora Mask) X-scissors upwards with his fins.
Down Smash (Goron Mask) Turns into a ball and slams the ground.

SWIMS WITH THE ZORA MASK

CAN'T CRAWL

CAN'T WALLJUMP

WHEN DIZZY, HE GOES INTO THE SAME CRAZY POSE HE DID IN MAJORA'S MASK.

GRABS:
Hit: Shakes the opponent.
Front: Kicks the opponent away.
Back: (Deku Mask) Twirls once then throws the opponent away.
Up: (Zora Mask) Does a somersault and throws the opponent up in the air.
Down (Goron Mask) Rolls and grinds the opponent just like Sonic.

SPECIAL:
Standard 1: (Deku Bubble) Blows a bubble and shoots it. The longer it charges, the bigger and stronger the bubble will be. However, if it's charged too long, it'll just pop and nothing will happen.
Standard 2: (Deku Bubble Bomb) Blows a more powerful bubble, but has a shorter range: the bubble won't go anywhere, it'll explode once the B button is released.
Standard 3: (Deku Bubble Bullet) Blows a weaker and smaller bubble, but will shoot out faster.
Side 1: (Goron Roller) Spins in a ball and rolls to the left or right.
Side 2: (Goron Racer) Charges in a ball and then rolls fast with spikes.
Side 3: (Goron Rammer) Rolls in a shorter range but will hit hard. However, it'll hurt HMS.
Up 1: (Deku Flight) Lifts up completely vertically in the air and uses his flower parachutes. If he chooses to go down fast, he'll be in his helpless form.
Up 2: (Deku Fall) Lifts up in the air and can move diagonally during this. However, he can't use his parachutes.
Up 3: (Deku Flower) Must be on the ground to perform this attack. He digs into the flower and boosts up with his parachutes. This blast off is more powerful than the other 2.
Down 1: (Elegy Of Emptiness) Charges on the ground or in midair while being still leaving him vunerable to attacks, but after 6 seconds, a statue will appear. It has no use on the ground but has powerful knockback if it falls in the air.
Down 2: (Zora's Emptiness) Charges for only 3 seconds, but the Zora statue's knockback is weaker.
Down 3: (Goron's Emptiness) Charges for 9 seconds, but the Goron statue's knockback is stronger and can one-hit KO an opponent if they are close enough to the edge of the screen.
Note: There's also the Deku statue, but it's gonna be the only statue not in Smash due to being useless.

FINAL SMASH:
Dons Majora's Mask, starts to shake in agony, and screams skywards as purple mist flows up to the sky and a smaller variant of the Moon falls down crashing into the battlefield. When the moon hits you, it has the same KO power as Marth and Lucina's final smashes.

TAUNT:
Up Taunt: Shows off one of the 20 other masks:
*=It'll be very rare for that to happen.

Postman's Hat: "Ka-ching" sound plays.
All-Night Mask: Crow caws.
Blast Mask: Explodes hurting HMS but can hurt the other fighters too.*
Stone Mask: Turns HMS invisible for a short time.*
Great Fairy Mask: Stray Fairy detecting jingle plays.
Keaton Mask: Keaton appearing jingle plays.
Bremen Mask: Small excerpt of the Bremen song plays.
Bunny Hood: Wears it like the item.*
Don Gero Mask: Frog ribbits.
Mask of Scents: Pig snorts.
Romani Mask: Cow moos.
Circus Leader's Mask: Tears fall from the eyes.
Kafei's Mask: Small excerpt of the Inside the House theme plays.
Couple's Mask: Small excerpt of Anju's and Kafei's Reunion theme plays.
Mask of Truth: Gossip Stone's "boing" sound plays.
Kamaro's Mask: Small and fast excerpt of Kamaro's theme plays.
Gibdo's Mask: Redead moans.
Garo's Mask: Blowing winds are heard.
Captain's Hat: Starchild shouts.
Giant's Mask: Same effect as the Super Mushroom: turns HMS into a giant.*

Side Taunt: Chuckles with his hand on his cheek.
Down Taunt: Bows down with glee.

KIRBY MASK:
The same eyes, eyebrows, and orange hair.

BOXING RING SUBTITLE:
The Mysterious Grinning Guy

CROWD FAVORITE:
Hap-py Mask!

VICTORY MUSIC:
Small excerpt of the Song of Healing.

VICTORY POSES:
1: Chortles and bows down infinite times.
2: Looks away from the viewer, says (in text) "You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?", turns around to face the viewer, and then (vocally) chuckles.
3: Has the Majora's Mask in his hands and holds it up in the air.

PALUTENA'S GUIDANCE (If they're gonna do the guidance for DLC characters):
Pit: Who the heck is that smiling guy?!
Palutena: Nobody knows his real name, but he's simply known as the Happy Mask Salesman.
Pit: He doesn't look like someone who'd be suitable for Smash.
Palutena: He may seem like an innocent and cheerful fellow, Pit, but his masks have the powers to change the world. We don't know his true origins. We do, however, know about the powers of his masks.
Viridi: That creep has three special masks in fact. With the Deku mask, he can shoot bubbles, with the Goron mask, he can roll like a ball, and with the Zora Mask, he'll have fins as weapons.
Pit: Doesn't he also have Majora's Mask?
Viridi: Majora's Mask was stolen by a Skull Kid, wasn't it? He used it to bring the Moon to impact the world in 72 hours.
Palutena: The salesman got the mask back, Viridi, and you can't control it if you wear it. It can control you!
Pit: Impact the world?! It can control whoever wears it?! I... I just hope he doesn't put it on his face... I'd rather revive Hades!

SMASH TOUR ITEM SOUND:
HMS chuckles.

DLC STAGE: Great Bay from Melee (Wii U)

MUSIC FOR GREAT BAY:
Saria's Song (Melee)
Termina Fields (Brawl)
Song of Healing/Final Hours (New)
Clock Town (New)
Mini Boss theme (Majora's Mask)
Majora's Theme Medley (New)
Great Sea (Brawl)
Molgera Battle (Brawl)
Nayru's Song (New)

EQUIPMENTS:
Stone/Big/Fiery Goron Fists (Brawn)
Child's/Lightweight/Miniature Mask Bag (Speed)
Joyful/Flashy/Rainbow Smiling Mask (Defense)

CONGRATULATIONS SCREENS:
3DS Classic: Jogs in a Bunny Hood with Captain Falcon and Sonic.
3DS All-Star: Both HMS and Little Mac do uppercuts.
Wii U Classic: Dons a Keaton Mask to tease Pikachu.
Wii U All-Star: Wearing Majora's Mask, HMS screams in midair within purple mist with the "Great Bay" Moon in the background.
[/collapse]​
[collapse=]
[/collapse]
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time... That is up to you."

Last edited:

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
I can't support him over Skull Kid or even Masked Link, but I really like your down b move. The Happy Mask Salesman would also have the possibility of using Mr. Game & Watch-esque jumpy body moves.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
1. Why is Mario on his back?
2. Skull Kid also appeared in Twilight Princess, so....
Did you really need to quote the entire first post?
Anyway.
1: Have you even played Majora's Mask? It's only a reference.
2: They've both appeared in three games, Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask together, Skull Kid in Twilight Princess, and the Salesman in the Oracle games.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I didnt feel like snipping
1. when i was a yungon i played about the first day then got bored
2. There were multiple oracle games. Did Mask Salesman appear in all of them?

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I didnt feel like snipping
1. when i was a yungon i played about the first day then got bored
2. There were multiple oracle games. Did Mask Salesman appear in all of them?
Well just edit out most of it, please. Or just get rid of the quote, you didn't really need it in the first place.
1: That's sad.
2: There were only the two Oracle games, he only appeared in Ages.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Almost forgot to like the above post-

I'm hoping the Salesman gets some more support soon. I've tried putting a link tothe thread in my status as well.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
We need more supporters, or else everyone will end up meeting with a terrible fate! :troll:

Perhaps if some others thought of good movesets.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
It would be kind of cool if he had different masks that, in essence, changed his stance. My guess is that he'll use the 3 main masks (Was there 3?) from Majora's Mask

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Three total transformation masks, yeah.

(not counting the Fierce Deity's mask or Giant's mask)
Fierce Deity could be a Final Smash, though i'm not sure if it will be fitting for the sales man. Maybe something with the Moon??

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Fierce Deity could be a Final Smash, though i'm not sure if it will be fitting for the sales man. Maybe something with the Moon??
I have him putting on Majora's Mask and crashing the moon down for his final smash in my moveset, actually. I'm not sure how he could use the Fierce Diety Mask, perhaps a very rare mask he has a chance to pull out with the Down B.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I have him putting on Majora's Mask and crashing the moon down for his final smash in my moveset, actually. I'm not sure how he could use the Fierce Diety Mask, perhaps a very rare mask he has a chance to pull out with the Down B.
So it's kinda like the stitch face for Peach? What I masks could be knocked off of him and his defense and moves are altered. Kinda like Vega from street fighter

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
So it's kinda like the stitch face for Peach? What I masks could be knocked off of him and his defense and moves are altered. Kinda like Vega from street fighter
Ah no, the masks work as a counter, which is is Down B. He pulls out one of six random masks to perform the move, think of it like a combination of Marth's Counter and Game & Watch's Judgment. Starting from the top, the Blast Mask is the most common one to pop up, while the Mask of Truth is more rare:

Blast Mask- Explodes, causing large damage to the enemy and slight damage to the Salesman.
Stone Mask- An effective dodge, if it successfully counters an attack, the Salesman will be immune for three seconds.
Garo's Mask- A counter similar to Marth's, if used successfully the Salesman will lash out with two Garo swords for a high-kockback attack.
Bremen Mask- If this mask successfully counters an attack, the opponent will be attacked by a small swarm of cuckoos.
Kamaro's Mask- The Salesman will perform a quick dance upon a successful counter, the enemy will trip and be stunned briefly.
Mask of Truth- A successful counter will turn an attack back at the sender, with double the power.

I thought that maybe there could be an even rarer chance of the Fierce Deity Mask getting pulled out, but I'm not sure how it would work.
The Deku, Goron, and Zora masks are each a specific special:
NeutralB- Zora Mask: The Salesman quickly transforms into Zora form and launches his fins before transforming back. This move cannot be used again until the fins disappear off-screen. This would be his projectile, working somewhat like Link's boomerang, except the Salesman doesn't catch them on return.
SideB- Goron Mask: The Salesman transforms into Goron form and begins rolling in place, he then launches himself around on stage, similar to Yoshi's Egg Roll. He transforms back to normal at the end of the move. Self explanatory, a good space clearing move.
UpB- Deku Mask: The Salesman transforms into Deku form and flies upwards with a flower before floating slowly back downwards, pressing B during this time will drop a Deku Nut. The flower itself won't do much damage, but the Deku Nut will be just slightly less powerful than the actual item.
The Salesman doesn't stay in each form, he only transforms momentarily to perform the action before switching back.

His final smash is of course, obligatory moon crashing down. I guess Fierce Oni Mask Salesman it is.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux

Well there went his most likely obstacle, not that it helps his chances any. Might as well bring the Salesman back up again anyway. :troll:

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
Somebody needs to make a Smash fangame/hack dedicated to obscure characters who would never actually make it into the game

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
With Rosalina's inclusion, I have renewed hope for the Salesman! He may be relevant with Majora's Mask HD/3D on the way. :troll:

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I'm being serious, consider me a supporter. If LOZ is gonna get another character this guy would be pretty fun to have. Mr. Fabulous is a one off, tingle is just a no. and vatti is I dunno.

I hope sakurai actually makes him playable with all these MM references, it'd be another out of no where character with a great moveset. If I recall, sakurai tried to make a ditto playable before I think, so maybe this guy has a chance. HMS sounds like a zoroark with all the transformations he does. I like it.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
why not? he could be fun, but I don't see it happening. like, ever.
Sakurai has added characters completely out of left field before, such examples as Miss Fit, R.O.B., Mr. Game & Watch, Ice Climbers, even Lucas could be considered as such. Rosalina in particular strikes me as a character I wouldn't have thought of, yet with Nintendo pushing her recently and her potential for a unique moveset, Sakurai included her. Hypothetically, the Salesman could help bring hype to the inevitable Majora's Mask remake that Nintendo have been hinting at on numerous occasions, he also has a plethora of potential for a moveset. I see Skull Kid's assist trophy status as a clear route for the Salesman to shine.

Added you to the support list, Zero!

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Zelda confirmed! Now we just need Ganondorf before the Salesman can take the stage as the next newcomer! :troll:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I guess I will support.
Added you to the list! Glad to see the thread not dying off so soon again, we could use some more posts in here. Surely there are more Majora's Mask fans?

To any potential thread viewers, don't be shy! Even detractors are welcome if you'd like to post reasons you don't think he'd get in.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
No, but really. What if Sakurai actually picks him as the unexpected super unique newcomer. I feel like it's gonna happen.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
No, but really. What if Sakurai actually picks him as the unexpected super unique newcomer. I feel like it's gonna happen.
If it does, then great! I actually like the character, if you want a creepy insane guy look no further than HMS. Screw tingle, (unless he's gansta tingle, then I approve.)

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Miyamoto: "Sakurai-san, we've been working on that Majora's Mask remake."

Sakurai: "Ah yes, I see how you've been teasing the fans, I like it :troll: "

Miyamoto: "I was actually wondering if you could add some extra Majora's Mask content in the next Smash Bros."

Sakurai: "Well, I see that a lot of fans like the Skull Kid, but I don't think he could work very well, I was going to add him as an assist trophy."

Miyamoto: "I see. *laughs* Have you thought of perhaps adding the Happy Mask Salesman?"

Sakurai: "Oh, with the masks? I've heard of people wanting Young Link back again, but using his transformation masks. Perhaps the Salesman could use the many masks from the game, he's also quite the unexpected character, I like tossing in a few surprises in each game."

Miyamoto: "Perfect, a Skull Kid assist trophy, and a new playable character, the Majora's Mask fans will be very happy."

*Laughter*

:troll:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm really hoping for a Majora's Mask 3D remake soon.

Not only would it be amazing to experience that game with extremely improved graphics, but I'd also no longer have to worry about the game crashing at random. (I own the Zelda Collector's Edition, and the MM port has a good chance to crash at random, except in certain areas/situations.)

An HD Wii U remake would be even better, but a 3DS remake seems more likely.

insomniac19

Smash Journeyman
I am currently playing through Majora's Mask for the first time and I must say it's becoming my favorite Zelda title. I will support the Happy Mask Salesman as well!

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
It seems we've met with a terrible fate.
JamesDNaux Also Said said:
Even detractors are welcome if you'd like to post reasons you don't think he'd get in.
Yeah... "welcome" my ***...
Regardless, I didn't come here to continue any arguments about Link being dead, or that HMS is evil. That argument got derailed (but not debunked) pretty quickly.
I want to get back to the original argument that being an active participant in pointless fighting goes against his character. You saw my argument for why this doesn't apply to WFT, Villager and GW.
Rebuttle away

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Yeah... "welcome" my ***...
Regardless, I didn't come here to continue any arguments about Link being dead, or that HMS is evil. That argument got derailed (but not debunked) pretty quickly.
I want to get back to the original argument that being an active participant in pointless fighting goes against his character. You saw my argument for why this doesn't apply to WFT, Villager and GW.
Rebuttle away
Apparently you can't take a good humored joke, but anyway.

Pretty much half of the roster has no reason to be fighting, since when does Mario swing punches and try to beat up Peach? It's just a game, a non-canon one at that, why would you take it so seriously? Meta Knight never even attempts to attack Kirby unless Kirby picks up a sword first, yet he has no qualms with such in Brawl. Pokemon shouldn't be picking up Pokeballs and throwing them to release other Pokemon, Ness and Lucas shouldn't even be able to coexist, seeing as Ness is probably dead by the time Lucas was even born, plus Link and Toon Link being from completely separate timelines entirely. The point I'm trying to make here is that nothing that happens in Smash Bros is canon, characters in it do things that are completely out of character, things that shouldn't happen do happen, etc.

I simply came up with the idea of the Happy Mask Salesman being a fighter to override the "young Link with masks" idea, why have a third Link when you can have a character that plays completely differently use them? It isn't even that much of a stretch that the Salesman would have the masks and know how to use them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom