• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tennessee Thread/Locator + Facebook Locator

Handorin

Smash Hero
They're just in active on smash boards. I'm fairly certain they hold biweekly tournaments though.

Trump322

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone. Just signed up. Also just moved to central Knoxville (near UT) for grad school. This thread is pretty long so I thought I'd just post. But I'm hoping to meet some people who play melee. I play with falco, and have transportation. Thanks guys

Rahjj

Smash Rookie
Hello all. I just returned to smashboards after a 7+ year absence. Rusty as all hell and I just moved away from northern Illinois. I live in Murfreesboro, TN. I'm mostly interested in melee and PM. I've never played PM but I'm incredibly interested in getting my hands on it and learning the ropes. I have transportation and I currently plan on going to Kumite in Tennessee. I'm going to start working 3rd shift soon so I'm not sure how much I'll be able to come out for smashfests or tournaments but I very much want to come play when I can.

JTMerrell

Smash Journeyman
So... I've been thinkin'... I know I have a baby now, but I do not want that stopping me, nor my scrubby Youtube channel stopping me from getting back into competitive Smash again. Anyone wanna try and get somethin' goin' in Chattown with me?

Handorin

Smash Hero
We need to go to that kids dorm. lol I might Monday. Depends on how much time I have after advisement.

JTMerrell

Smash Journeyman
Alexo, just move to Chattown! We're on the border from the active state of Georgia and Alabama. Also, only 2 hours away from Murfreesboro where probably some of the best TN Smash players are.

Alexo30

Smash Journeyman
Alexo, just move to Chattown! We're on the border from the active state of Georgia and Alabama. Also, only 2 hours away from Murfreesboro where probably some of the best TN Smash players are.
Man that would be the life... playing Melee all day(with other people lol). I want to stop playing P:M and play Melee. Crap man im daydreamin now. Was there any good Melee players in Memphis before they all went inactive? Memphis scene= DEAD

Also are any of you guys going to Kumite? You guys seem pretty cool and I would like to meet you guys, If I go. It will probably be my first tourney too(unless I go to one before then).

JTMerrell

Smash Journeyman
Man that would be the life... playing Melee all day(with other people lol). I want to stop playing P:M and play Melee. Crap man im daydreamin now. Was there any good Melee players in Memphis before they all went inactive? Memphis scene= DEAD

Also are any of you guys going to Kumite? You guys seem pretty cool and I would like to meet you guys, If I go. It will probably be my first tourney too(unless I go to one before then).
I really want to. The way things are lookin' right now though, I won't be traveling anywhere anytime soon.

Alexo30

Smash Journeyman
Cool, KOkingpin, are you one of the best in TN?

@JTMerrell That sucks. Im still not sure if Im going but I would LOVE to go.

I would play sooo many dang friendlies with anybody and everybody, just to see where I am on the Smash skill level spectrum(probably low, first tourney jitters and pretty much first Smash event jitters). Im so anxious.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Most of the TN talent resides in Memphis. Not that KO isn't talented. Love you, KO.

Alexo30

Smash Journeyman
@Handorin Yes! Im a part of the Memphis scene, but not really, nobody knows me lol.

Do you guys think these Memphis Smashers are gonna come out for Kumite?

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Well I'm decent at melee but I would not be far fetched to say I am one of, if not the best PM player in TN. And yes the best Melee players in TN Live in Memphis. IHSB and Iori are two notable players I can think of off the top of my head.

Alexo30

Smash Journeyman
@KOkingpin whoah, I really want to play and meet you now lol. Also, could you add me to the first page please lol. Just wanna get my name out there lol. You dont have to if you dont want to.

JTMerrell

Smash Journeyman
I definitely think KO is the best P:M player in TN. Never seen his Melee skills though. I know KMan is a really good Melee player, along with P:M and Brawl. I'm a decent Brawl player, and I like to think decent Melee and P:M player as well, but I have never really got to test my skills recently in tournament, so I think I'm a bit better. Not KO good though.

_A1_

Smash Rookie
Hey all,

I haven't played smash in years but was forwarded the smash brothers documentary by an old friend. I am DYING to play some melee again. I am currently in the oak ridge/Knoxville area on business for awhile. For the love of all that is holy, is there ANYONE that would want to play melee a bit this weekend or next week?

You would provide the location, console, and game
I will provide large quantities of your favorite food, beer, soda, whatever you want

I can go buy a controller too if you don't have extras. I'm on business so don't have any of my games or periphs with me.

Maynor

Smash Rookie
KO, feel free to add me to the list on the front page too if possible. I currently live in Nashville and would be interested in playing against whomever I can. I have yet to play PM and rarely play Brawl. I'm all about the Melee

Patrisaurus

Smash Rookie
I've been smashing for years but finally trying to get 'in' the scene. Murfreesboro Native and visitor, Memphis resident currently. Where the good smashers at? Me and like a handful of 5 of my friends play regularly, but I don't think a single one of us would be considered 'competitive' (though me and my roommate are trying to.)

JTMerrell

Smash Journeyman
Turns out, in Chattanooga, there is a Game Galaxy in the Northgate Mall that hosts Smash tournaments as well. There is supposed to be one in January sometime, that we should all go to. I know it will be Melee and Brawl. Maybe more. Just thought I would tell everyone.

Nocturnalist

Smash Ace
the sucky part is that im on the other side of Tennessee ... :( otherwise i wouldnt mind people coming down to my place and throwing a big session.

Top Bottom