• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Teleporting Bowling Ball Glitch!

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea

What exactly happened? Does someone have an idea how the heck this is performed? This is absolutely nuts!

Last edited:
Just tried it out, I can confirm it is not fake.

I noticed that if you throw out a bowling ball while you still have another one falling through the air, the first one disappears. After using a ledge attack to space myself and spamming FSmash I noticed that at one point, there were two bowling balls falling near each other, with the higher one having "appeared" from a little higher up.

After a few more tries I got a bowling ball to fall from the sky.

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
Just tried it out, I can confirm it is not fake.

I noticed that if you throw out a bowling ball while you still have another one falling through the air, the first one disappears. After using a ledge attack to space myself and spamming FSmash I noticed that at one point, there were two bowling balls falling near each other, with the higher one having "appeared" from a little higher up.

After a few more tries I got a bowling ball to fall from the sky.
Can this work for both versions?

Idk, Ive just been doing it on my 3DS.

How to do it "consistently":

1. Grab the ledge.
2. Use your ledge attack
3. Use two FSmashes facing away from the center of the stage, without moving if possible. Easiest with the C-pad on the New 3DS. Try buffering the second FSmash so you can do them as quickly as possible
4. At this point you should be able to FSmash off the stage and get the bowling ball to fall from the sky. Do these FSmashes with time between them so Villager steps all the way back to their starting location before doing another

This is because Villager steps forward a bit when doing an FSmash. If you do them quickly, you move forward a little bit each time because you don't let Villager go back to their original location.

This probably happens because Tortimer Islands walls are weird. I remember around the time the game was released there was an issue where our bowling balls would get caught by one of the walls and so wouldnt fall all the way down.

Nintendoge_

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bwooper
3DS FC
1306-6166-5014
I just got it to work 3 times in ten tries. It seems like the bowling ball goes inside the wall, and, when searching for a safe coordinate to teleport to, it somehow ends up above the player.

I'm on the Tortimer Island stage just like the person in the video, btw.

This would be hilarious to use against opponents. Bait high recoveries by just dropping bowling balls off the ledge, then, when they come in high, drop a bowling ball that glitches straight into their head....

Last edited:

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
Idk, Ive just been doing it on my 3DS.

How to do it "consistently":

1. Grab the ledge.
2. Use your ledge attack
3. Use two FSmashes facing away from the center of the stage, without moving if possible. Easiest with the C-pad on the New 3DS. Try buffering the second FSmash so you can do them as quickly as possible
4. At this point you should be able to FSmash off the stage and get the bowling ball to fall from the sky. Do these FSmashes with time between them so Villager steps all the way back to their starting location before doing another

This is because Villager steps forward a bit when doing an FSmash. If you do them quickly, you move forward a little bit each time because you don't let Villager go back to their original location.

This probably happens because Tortimer Islands walls are weird. I remember around the time the game was released there was an issue where our bowling balls would get caught by one of the walls and so wouldnt fall all the way down.
What are the chances of it working on the Wii U version?

cwjakesteel

Smash Apprentice
NNID
cwjakesteel
Wat...unlike the one-chop, this is definitely a glitch and will probably be removed/fixed next patch.

Has it only worked on Tortimer Island so far?
I havent tested any other stages yet, but I'm positive its due to the fact that TIs Omega walls are uneven. If there are any other uneven-walled stages it might work there too but I havent checked.

Another way to do it consistently: ledge attack, then four FSmashes as close together as possible (buffering yo). The fourth one will glitch and loop from above.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
Woah.

Has anyone performed this on a different stage? I've always noticed that Omega Tortimer Island's walls were pretty janky, I've dropped a bowling ball off the edge and it "lands" on the wall because they're uneven. Is that a factor at all, or will this work anywhere?

I've been trying out Delphino (non-Omega), Gamer (non-Omega), Temple (Omega and non-Omega), Garden of Hope... no other stages so far have worked for me.

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
Just tried on all Wii U stages. Even the Omega Forms. Looks like this can't work on the Wii U version. Such a shame.

Last edited:
Wait, why lock it? Doesn't seem necessary imo and there can still be discussion to be had maybe? Remarks, thoughts?

Also, Mayorator has a nice ring to it.

Last edited:

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
Wait, why lock it? Doesn't seem necessary imo and there can still be discussion to be had maybe? Remarks, thoughts?

Also, Mayorator has a nice ring to it.
Well fine Mayorator! I would like to say that could this be possible in team battles? Other characters can manipulate projectiles.

Top Bottom