• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tech chase & Spaceing

Thomdore

Smash Cadet
So, I've heard the one of the most important thing too practice as a Luigi main is spaceing and tech chase, how should this be practiced?

Also, what is the options as Luigi in tech chase. I feel like the best position to start from is between tech in place, and tech towards you so you can cover those with dsmash? And probably tech away with WD ftilt/grab. Someone got other suggestions? :-)

CASHMONEYDOLLABILLS

Smash Cadet
the best way to do this is to play with other people as much as possible and focus on techchasing. Techchasing with WD downsmash is very good, as iteasily can lead to a nice combo or just more techchasing. If you're slow on reaction, jab-grab or just grabbing is good too. If you predict the tech, upsmash can kill out of the wavedash.

Yann J.Ridin

Smash Apprentice
Switzerland, La Suisse, Pays de Neuchâtel
Train on the pack 20XX and find the best technique for you.

WD back and Dsmash is good because it covers standing-tech and rolling-away-tech.

Personally, I train a lot to Dsmash if standing-tech (moe quicker than grab), I turnaround JC grab if he tech-rolling behind me, and I Run crouch Dsmash if he rolling-away-tech (because Dsmash is quicker and have better range than Grab. And I have better reaction time with running than WD.

Soupeschleg

Smash Journeyman
yeah if you're trying to practice tech chasing solo, use 20XX. My tidbit of advice in terms of spacing is to be smart with your WDs. As good as Luigi's wavedash is, it's still a commitment. A lot of new Luigi mains just wavedash mindlessly when using a dash dance or walking is often all you need.

Top Bottom