• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tata's Interrupt Changer V1.0

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman
Completely remade this project, much better and more badass! No longer platform dependent, actually fully functional, and more features! I churned this one out after a few days so please do report any bugs. This is to be used with Melee Code Manager and Python 2.7.2.
Download:
Download Link
Woops, had a slightly contanimated table of contents (Included a modification to DashAttack)
How to use it. First make sure you have the above mentioned programs installed, and open up the program with python. A prompt will pop up, allowing for 4 answers,
Options:
"print", prints all the subactions changable and their number in hex.
"list", a little bit more informative version of "print", including the dol offset and the IASA function
"make", to make a change, more on that later.
"exit", No clue what this does.
Make:
when you choose, make you'll be asked to input the subaction number of the subaction you wish to change, and the subaction you wish to use as a base. This input can be in hex or decimal, with hex numbers being prefixed with 0x
After you chose your subactions you'll be asked to choose which part to change, the choices are the big bold letters.
When it shows you your melee code manager code which will look something like

you can exit out of the window at this point. Python should have created a new file called Code*randomnumbers*.txt, if it did not, run python as an administrator.
Copy whats inside and go to your melee code manager folder, in the mods library folder of it open up a file that isn't gecko codes, and paste exactly what you have at the end of the file. save and exit. Open up melee code manager and click rescan for mods.

open up your iso and in the tabs look for your newly created code, it'll look like some of the activated ones in the picture above. Activate them and save your iso, and you're all good.

What this tool can do: Up until now replacing subactions interrupts and stuff was pretty shady, cracking open your start.dol and searching through the table of contents(0x3BF800), now I have a way of replacing parts of any entry through soft modding, without actually having to edit your start.dol. The list/print functions do not accept repeats, or 0xFFFFFF getting rid of worry about if you are editing the right entry. Pretty much, this makes it much easier for you to access and change any part of a subaction, whether its documented or not.
I hope I didn't miss anything, Enjoy!
Oh and do be wary of what you change, things like this can happen.

Last edited:

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman
Just decided to completely remake it, the batch approach was super clunky and very hard to implement things.

Top Bottom