• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Talkin' Smash, A New Series on Twitch

Tarv

Smash Journeyman
Talkin' Smash!

What is it?
Talkin' Smash! will be a weekly two hour show on twitch that will feature panel style discussions on competitive Super Smash Bros. Melee. Right now the format of the show will have a specific theme for each episode and 3 to 5 guests brought in to discuss the topic. I will act as a host and moderator for the discussion in order to generate conversation about the topic. Then I will pull questions viewers have sent in from twitter and ask the group those as well. Think of it as a round table discussion with the experts of the community and you get a front row seat.

What kind topics would be featured?
The kinds of topics featured on Talkin Smash! will include shows entirely dedicated to certain characters, different aspects of gameplay, community growth, tournament organization, and a host of other ideas. To put it in more concrete terms one episode might be all about Marth, another episode might be a discussion on becoming a commentator, and another still might have to do with understanding and processing frame data.

Where will this be happening?
Talkin' Smash will be streamed from http://www.twitch.tv/tarvius.

When will this happen?
While nothing is concrete in terms of scheduling, I would like the show to run once a week. A premier date will depend on who I'm able to get for a first episode, how long planning and organization takes, and how smoothly everything goes.

What can I do to help?
Any kind of help is greatly greatly appreciated. I would be more than happy if people offered to help come up with content, develop overlays, work on intro animations and videos, PR, chat moderators, and all kinds of other things.

Right now, what I really need is help promoting the show. Please please Plleeaaase if you like this idea and think it'd be a cool show to watch please tweet it out, post it on facebook, reddit, instagram, tumblr, make a vine... Any kind of social media you use. I'd be extremely grateful. After all, this show cannot happen without your help!

What are you working on now?
Right now I'm trying to get people's attention and to get them interested and talking about it. I'm also inviting guests, and organizing guest groups to ensure that the shows flow. Furthermore I'm working on developing the organization of the show and playing around with some really cool ideas to make for as awesome of a viewing experience as I can.

Please feel free to ask questions! I'll be updating this topic as reguarly as I can but for more up to date updates (heh), you can follow me on twitter @FoxTossin.

Thanks!

UPDATE: 1/23/2015 Show will be done weekly

Last edited:
Top Bottom