• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taking advantage of the kindness of others is not acceptable, the first DQ of *Pound*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
So it has come to my attention that PbnJ has been very shady and essentially robbing the smash community

He has abused and exploited the niceness of a lot of his friends and, more recently, the Smash community.

He asks for loans/plane tickets under false/misleading pretenses regarding repayment.

If you ignore the countless incidental debts he's accumulated in the form of gas moneys, tourney fees, and snacks/meals, he still owes close to $1k.

He lies about situations to save face while he blames his own FRIENDS and their name gets tainted.

He then manipulates and guilt-trips people into "letting go of" [giving up on] his debts to them. Either that or he lies and makes up excuses to explain why he doesn't have the money or how he's going to pay them back.

This is the word I have gotten from multiple people. Now he has never really wronged me personally (except for guilting me into buying a tshirt i didnt want that much cuz it wasnt even my size, lol) but I do not stand for this kind of treatment among my peers.

Being the host of *pound* 4 i'll be the first to say that pb&j wont be present at *Pound* 4. I'll have security make sure so.

If you read this Pb&J don't take this as a personal stab as much as a memo to shape up. You can't do that to your "friends" even if your intentions aren't bad, although from what I've heard I really don't know what your intentions are anymore.

-Plank

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Wouldn't this thread be more suited for....

Tournament Listings?

ya know since this relates to pretty much more people in the smash community than just the South.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Wouldn't this thread be more suited for....

Tournament Listings?

ya know since this relates to pretty much more people in the smash community than just the South.
You would think so, but PBnJ (Meanie) is from teh souf.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Here is my story about PBnJ its kinda...sad.

He approached me several times to buy these t-shirts ( I thought all of them looked horrid and I preferred to just avoid it as i was just enjoying ROM at that time.). When I was leaving he asked about selling T-shirts at Saffron. I said I would think about it but it is not my venue. He then begins to post things about selling at my tournament. Mind you I do not own this venue.

THEN...

So at Saffron he comes up to me talking about a National Circuit and several financial backers for this circuit. My interest is kinda peaked and I ask him to email me and send me a business plan. What I saw next was probably one of the saddest things in my life. He pulls out a crumbled piece of paper. Mind you this was in his pocket and it looked like either a tissue or a old receipt with words written on it. He attempts to show this to me thinking I am going to believe that it was a business plan. So I asked him to email me...which I never got.

A lot of this was told to me by Chopz so I was already ready for this stuff but its really sad to see he has done this to a lot of people beyond just me.

Shinku

Smash Champion
yeah those shirts didnt catch my attention either.

but what do you mean crumble piece of paper trying to pass off as a business plan? im not defending him or anything alex strife, just trying to understand what your saying.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Yeah I have heard of PB&J stories.... but he's still cool to me and returned money to me when I let him borrow it for a doubles tourney.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
i mean take a receipt in your hand and just shove it into your pant pocket. Then after 5 hours take it out.

call me a jerk but Crismas can make shirts 10x better.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
god dangit. unlucky pb&j but dis ***** just brought da beef WUT R U GONNA DO?!??!?!?!?

lolowned

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Mike, i didn't know WHERE to put it. I dont care if you'd like to move it...

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Ok sorry guys.

Basically he pulls out this crumbled paper trying to show me his proposal. I never said it was a business plan. I instructed him to email me with the information and a biz plan attached

DJMirror

Smash Master
really? I thought PBnJ was cool, he's so chill at Pat's House (A west coast major tournament)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom