• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TAB: Norcal Tan Army Biweeklies(3/24)

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
Next tournament is March 24th.

---Info---
Simna said:
Guess what I found!^_^

New biweeklies in RANCHO CORDOVA here opposite the Sac Biweeklies! Their rules need some work, but the venue is nice(a church) and they are doing these biweekly^_^ Anyway...

Tournament homepage: http://www.tanarmygaming.sidshub.com

SSBM Singles Fee: $8

Halo 2 4v4: $30 per team

Location: First Covenant Church of Sacramento, 10933 Progress Ct. Rancho Cordova, CA 95670

Rules: Under Construction! (No items, 8min/4stock, and best of 3, but no rules on counterpicking yet and there is an indefinite stage ban...also single elim....dont worry im working on it^_^)

The tournament hosts are using a point ranking system that can be read about on the website and you can also register your alias with them, so they can keep track of your progress.

The Global Smasher Compendium now provides information on this tournament!

tyderiumDS

Smash Journeyman
how did the one on saturday go? I saw the venue on GSC and wanted to check it out, but I had work.

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
single elim. singles tourney with 9 entrants

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
single elim. singles tourney with 9 entrants
bigger than our turnout xD!

well anyways their "stats" recording looks a bit flawed. timed victory shouldn't be taken into account, because certain matchups are faster than others. compare fox vs falco to peach vs samus... something like that. other than that, looks cool xD and any tournament is a good weekend getaway for me.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Hey everyone this is yet another tourney around Sac this weekend (2/24). So we've got this, Park's tourney, and Bootle's tourney on Saturday, then Yuba on Sunday. 0_o

edit: I've sent a very long and detailed email outlining the advantages of changing the rulesets to match SBW/NCB rules and also gave a bit of an advertisement for Tia and Tio. Hopefully they will take my advice and change the rulesets and we will then have 2 sets of biweeklies in Rancho!

*Note - the tournaments are already double elim, no items, 4 stock 8 min, but they don't say what stages are allowable, and there are no counterpicks, and each round is 1 match. I hope they'll change that.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
New info on these...

I contacted one of the TOs regarding rules. He said the reason they can't do sets AND double elim is because they only have the venue til 5. However if a good amount of people start coming, they can split up the two events (they run HALO 2 tournaments before Smash) to different days, and they'll keep SSBM desynched from the SBWies. So, how does four tournaments a month sound for Rancho?

^_^

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Bumpity bump

Who's going to this on Saturday? Simna and I have both told them we would bring in more attendants. Don't make a me a liar.....*Batman scowl* *Colbert scowl*

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
No me and simna are going to the modesto tourney.

DRGN

Technowizard
Well that was fun. Despite wimpy rules. It wasn't entirely their fault since they had a limited window to run the tournament in... Hopefully they'll be getting enough entrants so they'll be allotted more time for the next one. I look forward to these becoming better. ^_^

Well I got second. And i'm happy because I feel I learned some things about some of my tougher character match-ups. Also, I came fairly close to taking out Simna for first. :upsidedown:

I didn't though. ^_^ The first match was a good one, and close. (I only needed to win one fight total; there wern't sets, but we had two fights since he was coming from loser's.) And the second wasn't exactly a 'traditional' match, it wasn't really a good match worthy of being a good finals fight OR learning anything from because we went to Green Greens which is of course pro-fox for multiple, obvious-and-therefore-not-worth-bothering-to-mention reasons. Which was dissapointing because not only would it have been a better finals match, but I think I had a decent shot at taking it otherwise. I don't know if Simna was going full strength, (if he wasn't then maybe he should've because he came a little too close to losing for comfort, and of course it would have been completely his own fault if he lost), but unless he suddenly revealed a previously-chillin' "full power" then it would've been an interesting fight.

DRGN

Technowizard
Lol, if your opinion is that I needlessly posted with little value then why did you do the same?

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Next TAB is this Saturday! Any locals looking for some good matches with myself and possible other Novans should show up! Prizes are great - $50, $30, and $20 for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place!

Also....they take a picture of the three finalists. I say that all finalists should hit a pose as their character's taunt. It'd be just too good.

edit: Sorry all, looks like I most likely won't be coming to this. Have fun without me, hopefully one of you guys will take the prize for the Sac Community!

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Hey Britton....next time any of us from the Community makes it to finals....we all have to do our character's taunt in the picture. It'd just be too good. Can imagine the last one? You, me, and DRGN - Ness, Ice Climbers, and CF. hahaahah

And I'm serious you guys have to do it.

Tomi-X

Smash Lord
Hmm...I think I'll go to this if no one else is going...easy 50$.

EDIT: My taunt ***** all of yours. It'd be funny if Tyde or Catnip had to do a gay ballerina spin.

tc1

Smash Lord
Well.. Ill come.. and so will anbu. ahahaz 30 4 a 4person team wtf ahahahahz.

kk.. O yea, SIMNA = GODLY thanx 4 da account

Tomi-X

Smash Lord
Tomi-X takes this tournament. Mwahahaha.

1. Tomi-X
2. TC1
3. Catnip

After that I'm not entirely sure what goes on. I think DRGN tied for 5th with some random guy, and Anbu, Zero, and Ender are in there somewhere as well. It was funny watching this female Shiek player take it to Melvin.

Top Bottom