• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
I am intrigued by all the people unpoting Marth all of a sudden. It's a joy to see, but I honestly felt like me and only a couple others ever voted him up.

Long live the hero king.

kiwirules99

Smash Rookie
Most of mine are minuses, but oh well.
- Donkey Kong
- Mewtwo
- Wario
- Pac-Man (teardrop)
+ Kirby

SpaceCanary

Smash Cadet
NNID
SpaceCanary
+1 :4link: Yes, I know, he might not be that great. But the way the votes are going now, he's about to join :4zelda: and :4ganondorf: in the basement tier where he doesn't belong.
-1 :4cloud: Cloud doesn't strike me as top-tier for some reason. Probably because he is the only top tier swordsman right now.
+1 :4marth: Done well, I think he is higher, and higher than :4lucina: at any rate.
+1 :4sheik: Since when was she Tier 2? I don't remember that. . .
+1 :4ryu: Also doesn't need to fall as far as he will.

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
Well Mewtwo's beyond saving at this point so I'll probably change my vote to someone else. Will update later.

D

Deleted member

Well Mewtwo's beyond saving at this point so I'll probably change my vote to someone else. Will update later.
There's always next round to get Mewtwo back where he needs to be I suppose.

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
There's always next round to get Mewtwo back where he needs to be I suppose.
Eh, I'd rather him earn more results and get the unanimous agreeement of tier 2 anyway if he's just going to get voted back to 3 every time. No point in fighting back yet if the opinion's still there.

D

Deleted member

Eh, I'd rather him earn more results and get the unanimous agreeement of tier 2 anyway if he's just going to get voted back to 3 every time. No point in fighting back yet if the opinion's still there.
Fair point.

When is the next big tournament anyway? I'm itching to see another character make some upsets lol

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Mewtwo's have been randomly getting into top 8 at these big regionals recently.

He's gonna keep getting results, and he can make it to tier 2 if he keeps it up.

:150:

SCOAKS5

Smash Cadet
NNID
Littecoaks
3DS FC
0834-3506-2629
Kirby +1
Mii Brawler -1
Bayonetta +1
Sonic -1
Corrin -1

Last edited:

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3
I have said this from the start. Mewtwo's Pound win could have been a bunch of things all in one, such as people not knowing the matchup, the actual skill of the player etc (by this I mean, if the character really is good, then everyone will be able to score highly using just Mewtwo, not just Abadango). This win showed us that he CAN be up there, but consistently getting high results will show us he SHOULD be there.

I am one of the many who believe he should still be in tier 3, albeit near the top. Like I mentioned, getting high results on a constant basis, I'd put him in tier 2 straight away.

Last edited:

Kaiduru Zeta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaiduru_Zeta8
3DS FC
1332-7842-2519
Kaiduru Zeta Kaiduru Zeta

Agreed. Wii Fit easily is top 25 material in my opinion, she's not a low tier character by any stretch of imagination especially considering her girth of results (RIN making top 32 at Genesis 3 is still huge for the character yet nobody seems to have taken the weight of it) and the amount of tools she has and decent theory.
God, you're practically like my savior right now lol. People really downplay Wii Fit Trainer's ability to be good nowadays...that gets annoying.....

Hmm...first time posting here, let's go. Hope I understood this correctly.

:4wiifitm: -1: I think WFT certainly is below Kirby/Samus/Falco, does not belong next to Link/Lucina honestly.

:4kirby: +1: Probably better than Link, on par with Wario in my opinion. What is he doing in Tier 5?

:4luigi: +1: I get it, Luigi has been nerfed, he is not on his days of glory...but below Pac/DK? Really? Can't bring myself to agree with this, he is being underrated due to not being as good as previously, so people think he is really mediocre. He's still good!

:4yoshi: -1: Easy choice for me, very overrated. Certainly not bad, but not as high as he is right now.

Last point, so I had to choose one...

:4ness: -1: Can't hold up with Villager, Mewtwo or MK in my opinion.
okay. I hate to play devil's advocate but I question your thoughts on WFT. I mean I really don't think she's below Kirby,Samus,Falco....She has more results and has a better MU spread than all 3. Maybe not Kirby per say but still. She has better MU coverage by far and Samus and Falco have little to no results.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

okay. I hate to play devil's advocate but I question your thoughts on WFT. I mean I really don't think she's below Kirby,Samus,Falco....She has more results and has a better MU spread than all 3. Maybe not Kirby per say but still. She has better MU coverage by far and Samus and Falco have little to no results.
>Samus has little to no results

wat

D

Deleted member 269706

+ :4yoshi: - Lacking results but I still believe he's a solid character and just needs the right player to show everything that he's capable of.
+ :4kirby: - He's not the best character out there, but I feel like he's still being pretty underrated. I mean he has some nasty combos, a crazy back air, multijumps to help him land safely (or more safe than the average character). Not too sure what's holding him back but I don't think that he belongs in the same tier as Samus, Doc, Zard, etc.
+ :4sonic: - Deserves to be in tier 2, I don't see him any lower.
- :4pacman: - Not too sure how he managed to get into tier 3 but I don't agree with it. Based on his frame data, grab, kill power (or lack thereof), and very few results, I just don't see him here. Maybe he has potential that I'm not seeing but I think he should go down.
- :4charizard:

D

Deleted member

+ :4yoshi: - Lacking results but I still believe he's a solid character and just needs the right player to show everything that he's capable of.
+ :4kirby: - He's not the best character out there, but I feel like he's still being pretty underrated. I mean he has some nasty combos, a crazy back air, great aerial mobility. Not too sure what's holding him back but I don't think that he belongs in the same tier as Samus, Doc, Zard, etc.
+ :4sonic: - Deserves to be in tier 2, I don't see him any lower.
- :4pacman: - Not too sure how he managed to get into tier 3 but I don't agree with it. Based on his frame data, grab, kill power (or lack thereof), and very few results, I just don't see him here. Maybe he has potential that I'm not seeing but I think he should go down.
- :4charizard:
Kirby's air speed is 0.8, which is pretty bad. It's the fourth worst in the game. For perspective, Ganon's air speed is 0.79.

What holds him back is a lackluster neutral combined with his poor approach options and recovery, for the most part. His representation at a high level is also rather lacking bar the work put in by MikeKirby. Not to say he's a terrible character by any means though.

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
Yea where did great mobility come from? Nothing about Kirbys mobility is great, average dash speed, terrible air speed and slow fall speed and average air acceleration.
Though I admit I think he's slightly slept on, but still a decently solid mid-tierish character that definitely has those MUs in the high/top tier he actually fares well in.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 269706

Kirby's air speed is 0.8, which is pretty bad. It's the fourth worst in the game. For perspective, Ganon's air speed is 0.79.

What holds him back is a lackluster neutral combined with his poor approach options and recovery, for the most part. His representation at a high level is also rather lacking bar the work put in by MikeKirby. Not to say he's a terrible character by any means though.
WHAT did you just say?
You're right you're right you're right. Admittedly, that was a very poor way of phrasing it. What I meant to say was how his multijumps can help him with landings and avoiding punishes when landing. I know his overall mobility is average at best (worse in the air) but his multi jumps do give him certain advantages in particular situations which is what I meant to say. Very poor phrasing on my part, apologies. Made changes to the post above, thank you for pointing that out.

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735
Nice job, guys. You're making Mewtwo probably go down all the way to the bottom of tier 3 which is basically the same placement he had before Pound.

:4mewtwo:+
I'm saving my other votes later, this is a counter vote.
The only thing that's gonna happen is that since you guys did so many negatives on him he's gonna go down a lot and then you're going to spend time voting back up and then the cycle repeats.

Stop. Leave him be. Geez.

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3
inb4 Mewtwo goes to the bottom of tier 3 just for winning a national
Nice job, guys. You're making Mewtwo probably go down all the way to the bottom of tier 3 which is basically the same placement he had before Pound.
These sorts of comments make me angry. No, this is not how it works.

What you guys are forgetting is that placements in tiers mean nothing now. When a character gets slotted in a new tier, they just get placed at the bottom of it by default, but that placement means nothing, as we are not voting for the individual placements. I know you know this full well @Feelicks.

For all you know, the people who downvoted Mewtwo could think that Mewtwo should be near the top of tier 3 (like me), but without him even being in tier 3, that would be impossible. Like, Link got voted up a tier last round, so was slotted in at the bottom. For all we know, he could be one of the best characters in his tier (he clearly isn't, but just take my example), so as long as he's in that tier, we can place the characters later on when we get around to the individual voting.

Stop just assuming that we all think he's at the bottom, because he clearly isn't.

For example, I voted Mewtwo down. This doesn't mean he is at the bottom of tier 3 if he moves down. If Mewtwo was in tier 3, I would put him somewhere like this... (this isn't my indefinite opinions, but just merely an example).

3::4pikachu::4mewtwo::4greninja::4falcon::4corrin::4tlink:(:4darkpit::4pit:):4myfriends::4rob::4dk::4yoshi::4pacman:

Last edited:

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
These sorts of comments make me angry. No, this is not how it works.

What you guys are forgetting is that placements in tiers mean nothing now. When a character gets slotted in a new tier, they just get placed at the bottom of it by default, but that placement means nothing, as we are not voting for the individual placements. I know you know this full well @Feelicks.

For all you know, the people who downvoted Mewtwo could think that Mewtwo should be near the top of tier 3 (like me), but without him even being in tier 3, that would be impossible. Like, Link got voted up a tier last round, so was slotted in at the bottom. For all we know, he could be one of the best characters in his tier (he clearly isn't, but just take my example), so as long as he's in that tier, we can place the characters later on when we get around to the individual voting.

Stop just assuming that we all think he's at the bottom, because he clearly isn't.

For example, I voted Mewtwo down. This doesn't mean he is at the bottom of tier 3 if he moves down. If Mewtwo was in tier 3, I would put him somewhere like this... (this isn't my indefinite opinions, but just merely an example).

3::4pikachu::4mewtwo::4greninja::4falcon::4corrin::4tlink:(:4darkpit::4pit:):4myfriends::4rob::4dk::4yoshi::4pacman:
Browny said the placements of the characters in a tier is something we are voting on currently, but it is minor and should be focused more when we actually do the individual tiers. But I agree with you, I think M2 is low Tier 2, or maybe high Tier 3, butFeelicks should not overeact

D

Deleted member

I'm not overreacting though.

I will say what annoys me most about this thread is when people make votes over poor theory or unfounded claims. You're free to downvote or upvote who you want, but at least do your research first. Not referring to Mewtwo but it's something I've been wanting to address in this thread for quite a while now.

For example, the rules say that you can vote characters based on any reasoning. It's good on paper, but when you get stuff like this said:

"Jiggs should go up because s-she got 7th place at Xanadu"

That's a ****ty reason. Anyone can be successful on a local level. Most of the time this feels like the everyday Reddit thread rather than a community tier list where healthy, conducive discussion is held.

L1N3R1D3R

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-3822-0133-6917
After some realizations, I've changed my :4mewtwo: downvote to a :4miigun: upvote. I think I was slightly underrating Mewtwo's Pound performance, and while he shouldn't be higher than he is now, I also now think he shouldn't go much lower, either.

Browny

Smash Hater
Browny said the placements of the characters in a tier is something we are voting on currently, but it is minor and should be focused more when we actually do the individual tiers. But I agree with you, I think M2 is low Tier 2, or maybe high Tier 3, butFeelicks should not overeact
No I never said that.

This is still the tier voting phase. If Mewtwo gets anywhere between -3 and -9 votes, he will sit at the top of tier 3.

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3
If Mewtwo gets anywhere between -3 and -9 votes, he will sit at the top of tier 3.
Just re-iterating this. For those losing their sh*t over Mewtwo potentially falling a tier, he will fall by a grand total of, around 3 spaces...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Just re-iterating this. For those losing their sh*t over Mewtwo potentially falling a tier, he will fall by a grand total of, around 3 spaces...
If anything we're not mad at Mewtwo falling, we're mad at the reasons given =/

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
No I never said that.

This is still the tier voting phase. If Mewtwo gets anywhere between -3 and -9 votes, he will sit at the top of tier 3.
Could have sworn you said that, I even quoted it like 2ish pages ago. Odd

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Dammit, I haven't been getting updates for this thread. What's the terms for voting now?

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
You are allowed to vote up to five characters either +1 or -1 (tiers, not positions within the tier). See the OP for more details.
Gotcha. Saw a few people with only three votes and got confused.

+:4fox:
+:4sheik:
-:4bayonetta:
-:4diddy:
-:4ryu:

Top Bottom