• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWEET XII: The Finale Results [3/30/13 - Ann Arbor, MI]

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Spartans/Wolverines
Exhibit Entertaining Tourneys
The Finale
3/30/13
Ann Arbor, MI
Great to see everyone again at this. It's been a very good run with these past few monthlies, and I'm constantly surprised and humbled by how much OoS interest we're fortunate enough to receive. The SWEET series was originally thought up by myself, Travis, and Andre back in 2010 to bring the UM and MSU scenes closer together, but it has really expanded into an even bigger showcase of Smash talent from a lot of different regions. Good job Michigan community.

Special Thanks to:
Andre, Richard, Aaron for helping out with Melee TOing duties
Eric, Elliot, Josh, Brian for helping out with 64, PM, and Brawl TOing duties
Matt, Andy for helping out with any and all miscellaneous venue tasks
Roki, Carroll, Julian for managing and hyping up the livestream
Sensei for organizing the East Coast carpool and helping with 64 seeding
Windrose for organizing the Toronto carpool and being a Falcon bro

Original Thread:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=286110

Recorded Videos:
http://www.twitch.tv/umsmash/
http://www.youtube.com/user/Juggleguy
http://www.youtube.com/user/eastcoastssb
http://www.youtube.com/user/Sensei8686
http://www.youtube.com/user/Rh1thmz

Melee Singles
1: Mew2King

2: Unknown522

3: Idea

4: Juggleguy

5: Kalamazhu

5: Duck

7: Shaeden

7: Moose

9: kjh

9: Hammertime

9: Tremor

9: Dope

13: Shady

13: Toadster

13: Carroll

13: Montross

17: roki

17: NetZero

17: Windrose

17: Captain Cleveland

17: BBQ

17: Dre

17: Rh1thmz

17: Butch G

25: Miracle Fruit

25: General Heinz

25: tmtmny

25: Apasher

25: Roller

25: Good Luck Opponents

25: Artificial Flavor

25: 401k

33: THuGz
33: Goon
33: Cow?
33: Meowcenary
33: Coffee Mug
33: Ders
33: Deceptoid (DQ'd)
33: Tutu
41: Wolfeman
41: Fasion Ninja
41: Deep Sea Squid
41: Joey
41: LHW
41: BloodyJoker (DQ'd)
41: AJ

Melee Doubles
1: Unknown522 + Idea
2: Moose + Duck
3: Mew2King + NetZero
4: Shaeden + Deceptoid
5: Good Luck Opponents + Butch G
5: Dope + Shady
7: kjh + BloodyJoker
7: NoJ + Montross
9: Dre + Solo
9: Tremor + Kalamazhu
9: FasianNinja + Dueby
9: Apasher + Artificial Flavor
13: BBQ + Cow?
13: Coffee Mug + Ders
Bracket

Brawl Singles
1: Mew2King :metaknight:
2: LOE1 :wario:
3: Roller :popo:
4: Tutu
5: KSEV
5: Zyth
7: Fasian Ninja
7: Magus
9: Deuby
9: Maestro
Bracket

Project M Singles

2: Shady :ivysaur:
3: Dope :dedede:
4: Unknown

5: Dre :pikachu2:
5: Moose :mad088:
7: Idea

7: NoJ :gw:
9: Shaeden
9: Duck
9: Bubbleableupb
9: KJH
13: Deep Sea Squid
13: 401k
13: 420BlazeIt
13: AJ
17: Wolfeman
17: Goon
17: Toadster
17: LHW
17: Hammertime
Bracket

64 Singles
1: SuPeRbOoMfAn :kirby64: :dk64:
2: Sensei :fox64: :falcon64:
3: Battlecow :falcon64: :pikachu64:
4: KeroKeroppi
5: Megavolt
5: HanSolo
7: Stranded
7: Jerry
9: AtotheZ
9: Komotonoto
9: Rumbly
9: Butch G
13: Yobolight
13: Knitephox
13: ComboBlaze
13: Karajan
17: MrSchmucker
17: Foxy Rump
17: MeowMeowRainbowKitty
17: 420blazeit
17: General Heinz
17: Josh
17: Alex
25: BigBear
25: THuGz
25: TheSilentAssassin
Bracket

Congrats to all the top placing players and everyone else who made this tourney a success. I won't be hosting anything this summer, so hopefully that'll give others an opportunity to step up and get something going -- the Michigan scene could definitely benefit from that. Thanks for attending, everyone!

v2.x

Smash Rookie
Good stuff, Juggleguy, it was a great tourney. Thanks for letting me do the P:M bracket.

Shoutouts to all the guys in my melee pools and bracket and huge shoutouts to everyone that came from Michigan State, you're all f*cking amazing.
Hopefully I can make it to round 2 of the bracket next time.

Edit: First, get at me.

W.C.N

Smash Lord
No brawl dubs, knew i shouldnt go

also dissapointed int roller,thugz, and tutu

placing </= apasher

Sacredtwin11

Smash Apprentice
Hey Apasher, remember that little Asian kid who was playing a bunch of team friendlies with you? That was me.

General Heinz

Smash Journeyman
yo this tourney straight exhausted me but it was awesome and it was an epic conclusion to a series that the kzoo crew as a whole owes a lot to. though zbet and blake couldn't make it out it's the sweet series that put us in the same room as each other in the first place so that we could realize that zbet lives literally three minutes from my house lol. as a crew we've grown so much and i speak on behalf of all of us to say how much we appreciate the hard work of juggle and the whole mi scene in supporting our improvement as players and as people.

i said i wasn't gonna cry...

anyway, this was a great event as usual and i'm grateful for having been given the opportunity to help out with it, and i appreciate the support of all the 64 players who came out to make this the biggest 64 tourney i've participated in yet (even if i got curbstomped).

shoutouts to:

Unknown522: good games first round, could have been worse lol
Juggleguy: awesome event. next time i see you i want a match with that fox. also, jiggs sux
Tremor: good to see you again josh, you've tainted tyler with the sheik spirit, damn you
Toadster: good ****, hope you keep coming out on tuesdays to smash, i could really use the experience, both against spacies as well as sheik
Carroll: yoOOoo00oooo, good games in pools, hope to see you again
NetZero: dempt i swear i will beat you. looks like i'll keep having the chance if things keep going the way they've been going where i have to play you every ****ing tourney ever lol. our set was probably the best one i played all day though, good ****. smart banning fd too, i ****ing hate dreamland lol.
BBQ: damn cody, total domination from those ic's. seriously impressed with your improvement. you're always welcome in the gentlemen's club, and i hope i'll be up to holland on the 11th to play.
Dre: good to see you again dude, didn't play, but we will
Rh1thmz: good **** josh. you've gotten really damn good and i'm sure you'll just keep improving. eye on the prize baby
Butch G: good to see you again butch. looks like you finally met your match in 64! lol. good friendlies, i wish i had a really good peach main like you to play more often.
Miracle Fruit: glad you came out dawei. your falcon is really solid, and tourneys only serve to give you more experience. hope you choose to keep going to them, hopefully we'll be able to find one to go to this summer.
tmtmny: good to see you again dude. i'm disappointed we didn't play, i always like facing your ganon to see how we've both improved. keep it up!
Apasher: good to see you man, and yo, run some monthlies this summer if you can find a venue!
Artificial Flavor: good **** jamie, you're looking better and better all the ****ing time i swear. we had some nice friendlies. i'll be home for the first bit of summer so we'll ****ing play. and i'll dominate your ass at risk (but seriously **** that game)
401k: thanks for the ride blue. don't think we played at all all day but you did good man. you're a great TO, we've gotta do something at msu soon.
THuGz: good friendlies man. you were looking pretty technical, hope we can play again
Cow?: ****ing avery, where have you been this whole time? hidden boss for sure. great **** in pools, and nice work in amateur bracket. that cocky deceptoid doesn't stand a chance next time
Meowcenary: good **** eric. now you know what it's like to be jv 5 stocked by mew2king lol. **** smash, let's get drunk and play blazblue soon
Deceptoid: thanks for playing friendlies, i sucked ass. i wanna play you again for sure, i was looking pretty questionable by that point in the night lol. congrats on winning amateur :p
Joey: always good to see you joey. you got some serious technical prowess, you just gotta learn how to utilize it. keep at it man.

64 shoutouts go to karajan for a great set in smash 64 bracket (dat weegee upb), comboblaze for setting me on fire with his falcon manliness, and AtotheZ, who is apparently the only mi smasher besides butch who held his own against these OOS animals. if i'm ever on the east side of the state i definitely wanna hit you up and play some games, cuz my experience level in 64 in general is very lacking. good **** dude.

additional shoutouts to sensei for being super helpful seeding the smash 64 bracket, and to superboom and all his crew, as well as the illinois crew for making 64 seriously hype. disappointed we didn't have time to run teams, but it would be cool to do in the future.

once again (for the eighth time) it was a great tourney and i'm proud to have attended so many of these. sad to see sweet go. hopefully we'll get our asses in gear over at msu and get some events slated for next year now that we have club status, so i hope to see a lot of michigan melee come out to that. also, i'll actually be living in ann arbor for four weeks this summer to attend classes at the summer linguistics institute which is being held at u of m from june 24th to july 19th. i'm not sure how many of you umich guys intend to stay in AA after the schoolyear since i'm not really sure where you're all from if not from michigan, and i'm not sure how much time i'll have if i get an internship at SLI, but i'll have my controller with me for sure and if possible i'll definitely be down for some games.

end excruciatingly long shoutouts

Moooose

Smash Champion
damn i kinda got bodied.
anyway gg's to all
good stuff canada, unfortunately i couldnt stop you
but me/james vs m2k/dempt was sick and you all should watch it.

idea

Smash Master
fun tourney as always :) shoutouts to everyone i talked to and played and stuff, you know who you are haha

oh, but especially shoutouts to rob and all the TOs for running a tournament, and to HIV for the great housing.

idea

Smash Master
pretty sure that was HIV's fox..i mean, unless someone else played fox vs. mewtwo immediately afterward.

for project M...
shady - mostly or all ivysaur
m2k - mostly falco, others once or twice?
unknown - marth
dope - mostly or all dedede?
if i was top 8 (dunno how far i was in the bracket) i used DK and jigglypuff.
dre - mostly or all pikachu?

kd-

Smash Lord
Lots of good people sitting at 25 waiting to break out
Grats m2k, Unknown, Idea
Hopefully I get to take some more notes from Unknown soon
Good **** Rob at 4th
Good **** Duck's Fox? Is this real life, am I actually saying that?

AtotheZ

Smash Lord
Awesome Tourney. Great size. Was thick. Solid. Tight. Keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new combo vids or matches. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakin' huge, thick, solid, and tight you can get. Thanks for the motivation.

Anywho, shoutouts

1: SuPeRbOoMfAn- Congrats destroying our state man, it was awesome getting to watch you play in person, looking forward to playing you in the future.
2: Sensei- It was nice meeting you, I'm glad you got the beacon call. I'll come out to Jersey sometime in the future when you feel like gathering us Midwest people.
3: Battlecow- Nice job manhandling the losers bracket, and thanks for respecting my wishes to get destroyed on a recorded set up. Meant a lot to me.
4: KeroKeroppi- Friendlies with you was one of the highlights of the tourney for me. You and your brother are fun to watch and even more fun to play.
5: Megavolt- it was a pleasure getting bodied by you
5: HanSolo- we'll get that money match next time
7: Standard- I changed your name for you. I loved playing you though, your combos put a smile on my face evy tiem, and you got a nice chunk of style, and I dig the vibes I get from it. Capitan Tavo.
7: Jerry- It was nice meeting you, I'll make sure to get some friendlies with you next time around.
9: AtotheZ- heh
9: Butch G- We gotta defend the homeland a bit better next time
13: Yobolight- Our tourney set was intense, had a blast doing it too. Really loving your ness too, it's looking in top shape.
13: Knitephox- I'll put our money match on hold
17: Foxy Rump- GGs dude
17: MeowMeowRainbowKitty- It was a pleasure meeting you, always good putting a face to a name
17: General Heinz, Josh, Alex, Butch G- Great seeing you all play again, hopefully we can get some MI 64 smashfests every now and then so we can grow a little stronger as a community. We gotta hold down the fort.

LOOKING FORWARD TO THE NEXT 64 TOURNEY

There was something magnificent about half the room being filled with 64

#FreePeachCastle

Moooose

Smash Champion
i dont get it, why is the word G O O D being replaced with wavedash automatically.
oh its april fools i get it

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
The bracket links are currently messed up because the word "Smash" in the url is being replaced by "wavedash" :urg:

I hate the 4/1 tradition on Smashboards, it's gone from funny to ******** to just plain annoying over the past few years...

Rh1thmz

Smash Journeyman
The conclusion to the SWEET series. The ending is bitterSWEET in many ways (lolpun). But overall, this event was super hype; dat 64 turnout, dat Canada turnout, dat 6-event schedule. Let's dig right into the shoutouts:

- **** that pools set, lmao. I'll eventually learn to stop feeling such a strong impetus to rush in and get *****. **** Roy. OP son of a *****. Hoping to see you attend more MI tourneys in the future!
- Thanks for the quick games, lol. Hope to see Canada at more MI events! Hopefully more of you guys can come, too!
- Thank you for obliging my request for those friendlies; we don't see any a whole lot of Puff around these parts. I enjoyed our games! I just might be one of the only people on the planet who prefers Falco vs Puff over Fox vs Puff, lol. You are a very informative and analytical player; I enjoyed your advice/comments on our games!
- Unfortunately, our MM's didn't happen. I'll just have to wreck your Falcon and your Fox next time I see you. :denzel: (Hoping I used the denzel face right lol) Be on guard for next time!
- lolfox
- We gotta get some friendlies in! Next time.
- I challenge you to a $5 Bo3 MM next time I see you. Be prepared!
- Thanks for all the games, dude. And GG's in pools. Always fun playing against you. Watch out; I'll take you out next time for sure! MM next time.
- That Falco is so weird, haha. You and me in the fsmash fan club :p GG's in bracket; I'll beat you next time!
- Good to see you again, man. Let's get in some friendlies next time! Whatever characters you want, so long as I get some salt matches against that DK, too, lmao.
- Got me again! GG's in bracket. I will beat you in tourney if it's the last thing I do, lmao. Next time!
- GG's in pools, man! That Falcon is damn swag. I'm still washing that ~125% stomp --> Up-B kill off of me; that **** was so grimy. Up on YouTube and everything. Hope to see you again soon!
- Glad to see you make it out to another SWEET, dude! Work those IC's. We gotta get some serious Falco vs IC's practice in soon. I'll try my best to make it out to the next Holland monthly; maybe we can hog a TV or something, haha. Good ****, dude! Getting more hype for EVO every day.
- lern2defense
- Good games in our friendlies! We should get a hardcore Falco vs Peach session in next time.
- It was nice to finally meet you, Dawei. Dat Falcon trinity. Hopefully we can squeeze in some games next time!
- So many friendlies today, lol. Thanks for putting up with me. That won't happen again, no worries. I discard that stuff here and now. Running 64 was pretty fun! But it ****ed with my getting in Melee friendlies super hard LOL. Good times at the TO desk. Hopefully you can snag some time to get some solid practice in sometime, but school is a *****, lol. Good to see you, man.
- Good **** in bracket, dude. I've said plenty enough by now, but you've gotten so much better in the past couple of months, dude. Keep improving from here. Also, we REALLY need to stop meeting in bracket. We seriously play in loser's at half of the SWEETs. Hopefully, Rob won't keep putting us so nearby in loser's *cough* No but seriously, Rob, ****ing kickass tourney, like always. But yeah, good ****, Jamie. Only go up from here! Be as meticulous with other top tier matchups as you've been with spacies, especially vs Marth.
- Always good to see you, Eric. Thanks for all of the extended help with getting my recording setup working in such a short time frame; you're the reason that I have matches to post on YouTube tonight and tomorrow. Really, thanks. Hopefully, we can get some games in next time, though!
- Good to see you make it out to one of these, man! East MI tourneys like the SWEET series sure are a rougher beast than your standard Rootfest, haha. Really work on those fundamental Marth vs Falco combos/edgeguarding and keep dat expert drunken commentary fresh :p Hope to see you again soon dude!
- GG's in pools!
41: Deceptoid (DQ'd)
- If this is you, HIV, you're such a grimer. Getting DQ'd and then unleashing Scorpadorp-style DESTRUCTION upon the amateur bracket. :088: :088: :088: Thanks for all of the games, man. I really gotta tighten up my defensive play about 10 notches and fast, haha. Let me and Blake know when you're planning on visiting West MI; we'd love to get tons of games with you, dude.

Also, shoutouts to Komotonoto and Yobolight for our 64 bracket matches and to all of the 64 scene folk who came out to this tourney and got 64 hype. Hopefully, my Yoshi will be better prepared for next time. Also, shoutouts to The Guild and all of its members whom I met at the tourney. Great to finally put some faces to the crew hype. MI needs more underdog crews ;) The Gentlemen's Club enjoyed this tourney immensely; I'm really hoping to have the Club host a Kalamazoo tournament(s) with collaboration with Rob over the summer, so be ready for that :) Here's to lots of summer smash!

W.C.N

Smash Lord
why isnt Mewtwo next to M2Ks name when 2 people linked to him winning with him?

Paran0id_Andr0id

Smash Cadet
s/o to Rob for hosting and letting me help out a bit. Sorry we got there so late (Matt's fault, btw). Thanks for SDing a couple of times in one of our pools matches so that I could win for once :p
s/o to Carroll for being a PGH bro and helping out so much with gas and ****
s/o to CoffeeMug for being a rad teammate and getting us to win a doubles match for once
s/o to Meowcenery for the close amateur bracket set and for the friendlies. can't wait to play you again
s/o to James (idk your tag) for the PM friendlies
s/o to M2K for helping with gas money n ****
s/o to the guys in my pool
s/o to my honda civic for being a ****ing champ this weekend

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
- Too good
- Nice seeing you. Good **** getting 2nd.
- Nice seeing you. Good **** getting 3rd.
- Fun tourney as always. Glad I got to help out. Nice placing!
- Nice seeing you again.
- GGs in teams. LOL FOX
- Teach me OoT.
- GGs in teams. Fox vs Falco has always been a struggle for me.
- GGs in bracket. Man, you gotta teach me Fox.
- Nice seeing you again.
- GGs in teams.
GGs in teams and pools. That Marth is too good.
- Free
- Glad to see that you're going to tournaments more often.
- Glad to see you go Fox this time.
- Fun friendlies.
- GGs in bracket. Nice Falcon.
- You destroyed me in pools lmao. GGs.
- Nice seeing you again.
- Glad to see that VirtualDub is working for you.
- The legend.
- GGs in pools. Keep working on that Falcon!
- Hopefully I will find a good, affordable, reliable venue around my area so I can host more monthlies.
- Didn't get to play you this time. Hopefully next tournament.
- Only made it out of pools because 2 people got DQ'd. ****ing scrub.
- Would like to play your ICs in Melee again. Also, fun Brawl friendlies.
- Man, your Luigi has gotten so much better since the last time we played. Keep improving! Also, fun teaming with you.
- GGs in teams. Hopefully I get to see you next tournament!
- GGs in teams. Hopefully I get to see you next tournament!
- Was looking forward to play you in Melee, then you got switched to a different pool :(
- lmao
- lmao

SmashProJJFF

Smash Journeyman
TIME FOR SHOUT-OUTS, YO!

- Nice work.
- Nice work.
- Nice work.
- Nice work.
- Nice work.
- Nice work.
- Nice work.
- Nice work.
- Nice work.
9: Hammertime
- Nice work.
- Nice work.
- Nice work.
- Nice work.
- Nice work.
- Nice work.
- Nice work.
- Nice work.
- Nice work.
17: Windrose
- Nice work.
- Nice work.
- Nice work.
- Nice work.
- Nice work.
- Nice work.
- Nice work.
- Nice work.
- Nice work.
- Nice work.
- Nice work.
25: Good Luck Opponents
- Poor.
- Nice work.
- Nice work.
33: THuGz
- Nice work.
33: Goon
- Nice work.
33: Cow?
- Nice work.
- Nice work.
- Nice work.
- Nice work.
- Nice work.
- Nice work.
- Nice work.
41: Wolfeman
- Nice work.
41: Fasion Ninja
- Nice work.
41: Deep Sea Squid
- Nice work.
41: Joey
- Nice work.
41: LHW
- Nice work.
41: AJ
- Nice work.

And that's it! Phew!

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Damn Rob, 4th in Melee singles despite running a tournament with 5 events? Thats really impressive.

Good **** to Idea too. I'm interested in seeing the Duck set, I remember watching you two play at Big House 2.

lotor611

Smash Journeyman
Great tournament! Great conclusion to a great series! Time for shout-outs:

4.Juggleguy:falconmelee: Nice work getting 4th and being such a great host! Best TO in USA???
5.Duck:samusmelee: Sorry i always cheer you on so much. haha. but i love that Samus. and great job beating M2K's Marth on FD!!! you are the man
9.Dope:falcomelee:GGs in bracket. its always good to see you
13.Carroll. GGs in bracket. thanks for the advice.
25.Roller:popo:GGs. its always a pleasure to meet another ICs main. stay with it, man!
33. Cow?:falcomelee:You Rock! GGs. Nice job in the amateur bracket. you tore thru everyone and woulda won if HIV+ hadnt been DQed from the real bracket. That Falco is tight. Thanks for teaming with me too!!!!
Shout outs to everyone in Pool 7. GGs to all you guys
Shout outs to the Gentlemens Club. Rh1thmz:falcomelee: Artificial Flavor:luigimelee: General Heinz:falconmelee: !!! We all made it out of pools for the first time ever. haha. got much love for the kalamazoo crew.

.........and also 25.Good Luck Opponents:nessmelee:i have some salt for you if you want to pick it up sometime. :mad:

LOE1

Smash Lord
shouts to idea for bodying me so hard in friendlies i decided not to enter melee lol

Han Solo

Banned via Warnings
1: SuPeRbOoMfAn- I will beat that puff one day. Also, you're hilarious. Also, when I'm cold at night, I'm going to think of electric blankets.
2: Sensei- Nice meeting you. You have a wicked Fox. Our friendlies were cool.
3: Battlecow- Nice job beating Kero and going pretty even with Sensei.
4: KeroKeroppi- Why you gotta beat me twice: here and at apex?
5: Megavolt- Same goes to you, but you're one stylish mofo
7: Stranded- lol dude, you suck
7: Jerry- GGs. Intense set.
9: AtotheZ- I COMPLETELY forgot about our MM. You should've hunted me down and hounded me for not playing with you.
9: Komotonoto- Nice job beating Knitephox. You got noticeably better since apex.
9: Rumbly- 9th place? smh
9: Butch G- GGs in bracket. The Fox matchup for Puff is pretty difficult.
13: Yobolight- GGs in bracket. Stick with Ness, man. You obviously love him the most.
13: Knitephox- lol dude, you lost to Komo's ****ty Yoshi? jk lol. We didn't play any friendlies, but it was nice talking with you
13: ComboBlaze- We got...one friendly in? And it was your pikachu? Well, thanks for preparing me for my next match. I beat that punk Valoem 3-1 thanks to you. (jk Valoem)
17: MeowMeowRainbowKitty- you have given me more disappointment that one man should ever have

cmu6eh: Nice meeting you.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
It's either that, or I got lucky, or Michigan sucks. And judging by the top three results... I'm inclined to believe the latter... :p

Maestro_

Court Composer
NNID
Maestro227
3DS FC
3411-1820-5923
It's either that, or I got lucky, or Michigan sucks. And judging by the top three results... I'm inclined to believe the latter... :p
Nah, I watched your matches. Your Falcon's Niiice. :denzel: You brought it real close against Idea too.

Top Bottom