• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Welcome to the NintenZone Social thread v.2.0! Given this is a social, pretty much anything goes so long as it does not violate any of SWF's Global Rules. Ex. Double Posting (please use the edit button), Media only posts (count as spam), flaming, censor dodging and inappropriate content, advertising,

Please report and ignore any posts you think are problematic. If you have questions, feel free to tag or PM a Staff member. Though if you wish to contest a Staff ruling or site policy, please PM the given Staff member or make a thread in the Forum Support boards; lets not try to keep the thread positive and on-topic.

Given what we have said above, Leak/Rumor discussion is naturally allowed, but we do ask you not to create any rumors/leaks directly on SWF nor to make a new thread for the given rumor/leak or rumors/leaks in general without consulting a Staff Member.

Gaming as a whole can be found in the Light House boards, and Mario/Zelda/Pokemon discussion threads belong in their respective sub-forums.

WARNING: Leaks and rumors can be posted without spoilers.

Thread rules:
1. Large images (Images that stretch a normal text post) must be put into spoiler tags.

2. In order to keep discussion going, and to prevent 'meme-posting',we are limiting the number of videos per page. Please limit 5 videos per page.

3. Images, videos, etc must be relevant to the topic at hand, or be a new topic that the user wants to introduce. Posts that are for "like-farming" are not permitted.

4. Listen to the mods. If a moderator tells you to stop, then stop. If you have an issue with what that moderator's decision, please PM that moderator. If you do not feel comfortable addressing that moderator directly, please bring the issue to Forum Support. Do not continue fighting in the thread. We will hand out infractions.

5. You must respect the person. You can disagree with their logic, but personal attacks are not tolerated. A minor trolling infraction will be given to first time offenders. Repeat offenders will be given additional infraction points.

6. Your post must be substantial. "Happy birthday" posts must have something related to the topic on hand. You may always post a 'happy birthday' message on the user's page, or PM without reservations.

7. No censor dodging! Posts that are censored by the user themselves are considered censor dodging. Images containing swear words are not allowed and will be removed. Note, as well, that putting this type of content behind a spoiler tag does not make it okay. It is still considered an offense.

Any questions regarding these rules may be asked to any of the moderators in charge:
@Firus
@ PushDustIn PushDustIn
@Frostwraith
Opossum Opossum

NintenZone Social 3.0 - Third Time's the Swamp

Last edited by a moderator:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Welp. Third times the charm! Hopefully we get a new character soon =D.

EDIT: And... I'm second. Welp. I'll try again next time.

Last edited:
Don't know why we need another new thread when they can last so long. Just more threads I would need to look through if I need to find a post.

w/e 3 is my favorite number anyway. KH3 (heh) info in about an hour and a half (I think) so at least I have something to wait for

Chrono.

Damn.

I was gone for a minute and suddenly we had hit page 1000 AND started the new thread.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Also let's not go too overboard with the new thread posts.

...No matter how nice the New Thread Smell is.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
New thread, and Opossum's the new owner! Time to start anew!

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Pac Man = Grandpappy of pretty much every character in the game.

Sonic = Once Mario's biggest platform rival.

Ryu = Represents the franchise that made it so Smash could even be a thing.

None of your suggested cuts make very much sense. Those three in fact are the most iconic characters in the game save Mario.
I love Sonic and he's one of the most iconic characters out there, and Ryu is probably the most iconic fighting game characters (maybe tied with Scorpion and Sub-Zero), but I would say without a shadow of a doubt that Link and Pikachu are more iconic and well known.

Also, woo... New thread.
I don't understand why a new thread has to be made every 1000 pages, seems arbitrary.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Link is so iconic that the general public still has the conception that his name is Zelda.

I'm sorry that kind of dampens his iconic status for me.

I'll give you that Pikachu is just as iconic as the others though.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Take a moment and review the rules in the OP. Everyone is expected to know and understand the rules.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
If we believe hard enough, 3 new characters will be revealed in a new Nintendo Direct, to celebrate our new thread.

... in my dreams.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Don't know why we need another new thread when they can last so long. Just more threads I would need to look through if I need to find a post.

w/e 3 is my favorite number anyway. KH3 (heh) info in about an hour and a half (I think) so at least I have something to wait for
So on the topic of Kingdom hearts and Disney,

Question 1: What worlds do you want to see in KH3?

Question 2: What is your favorite Disney Channel show?

Question 3: Do you think there should be a Wolf vs Giraffe Splatfest? (Wolfs are cooler:wolf:)

Take a moment and review the rules in the OP. Everyone is expected to know and understand the rules.
Except Seto Kaiba. :troll:

Last edited:

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
So this is the new thread... I'm liking the title too.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
If we believe hard enough, 3 new characters will be revealed in a new Nintendo Direct, to celebrate our new thread.

... in my dreams.
In before the 3 characters are all from Mario, Pokemon, and Fire Emblem. :troll:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Man, I go away for one minute and this happens!

Also it's hilariously ironic that we have a tread and KH3 info at the same time.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Hello, new home!

Anyway, who's ready for new leaks!

Not me!

I want actual news this time...

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Question 3: Do you think there should be a Wolf vs Giraffe Splatfest? (Wolfs are cooler:wolf:)

1)Pixar and lilo and stitch

2)Gravity Falls

3)Not before alligator vs crocodile.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
I was waiting for that page 1000, but Bob Ross had me distracted. Oh well

Also let's not go too overboard with the new thread posts.

...No matter how nice the New Thread Smell is.
Hey man, new thread smell is always great! Especially since everyone tries getting on the first page to experience firsthand.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Welp. New thread.

How many bets we'll get Smash news on the 20th?
Why the 20th? I think we'll get Smash news around the middle of the month (with a direct. See rationale below).
Welp. Time for the first straw poll in this thread.

Do you think there'll be a Nintendo Direct this week?
This week? I don't think so. Mario Maker update is launching, and I really think they would have held off that announcement for a direct.
Also, I think ND were usually announced Monday/Tuesday and then on Thursday/Friday (correct me if Im wrong, Japan time of course) so the chances for this week are already pretty slim.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
DOES BOB ROSS EVEN SLEEP?!

Like the past few nights no matter what time I'm here. This dude is up, painting, and you guys are watching him.

Bob Ross confirmed to not be human.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Ah, I love the smell of a fresh thread in the evening.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

1.) Lilo and Stitch, Toy Story, Monsters Inc.
2.) Wander Over Yonder
3.) That honestly sounds pretty random.

-Pizza Planet. Any Toy Story world would do but If I got pizza planet I would die.
-Atlantis (Atlantis the lost empire) that movie was amazing.
-Death Star. nuff said
-Lost Jungle (Tarzan) It's want not chance. It was my favorite world :/
-Game Central Station. Wreck-it Ralph was a godlike movie
-Hawaii (Lilo and Stitch) this movie is amazing
-Emprorer's new Groove (I forget the country lol) a llama would be a fun teammate. Also Kronk.

Gravity falls is the only current show I care for
If you mean past shows then Tarzan and Lilo and stitch animated series were awesome.

No. Giraffes would win too easily.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
DOES BOB ROSS EVEN SLEEP?!

Like the past few nights no matter what time I'm here. This dude is up, painting and you guys are watching him.

Bob Ross confirmed to not be human.
Well son, I hate to break it to you, but...
He's dead.
These were made a looooong time ago.
Not even in the 2000s
Or the 1990s for that matter
Someone's just medleying all the episodes (there's around 450+ 30M episodes) on Twitch

BibleThump

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Link is so iconic that the general public still has the conception that his name is Zelda.

I'm sorry that kind of dampens his iconic status for me.

I'll give you that Pikachu is just as iconic as the others though.
Iconic doesn't mean everyone is going to know their name though, I seriously doubt most older people know Pikachu's name, they probably know Pikachu as "the yellow rat from 'Pokeyman'". Also, I doubt most non-gamers know Ryu's name, he's more likely to be "the Street Fighter guy".

So, the fact that people might not know Link's name doesn't make him any less iconic, people still recognize him.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
First anniversary of the Wii U version's release...granted in the West but still.

I mean, it's a stretch, but worth considering.
I think at this point if there's Smash news, it'd come in a ND. We at least know a ND is incoming before the year's end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom