• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Survival - (BRING SETUPS) [Melee Only] - May 24th, 2013 - Reseda, CA

HellTyrant

Smash Cadet

Melee ONLY tournament, this is in hopes of bringing out the 818 to participate in some local test of skill before Evo in July

Entry Fee:

Venue fee: $5
Melee Singles: $6
Melee Doubles: $12

Top 3 Earn:

1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

Ruleset:

• Items are set to off.
  • Stock and Time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes, respectively.
  • Matches that time out will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, the match should be replayed in full. Sudden Death is not to be played, and will not count.
How To Play A Set:
  1. Players select their characters.
  2. Use Stage Striking* to determine the first stage.
  3. The players play the first match of the set.
  4. Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage, losing player of the preceding match picks a stage out of the remaining available stages.
  5. The winning player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
  6. The losing player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
  7. The losing player of the preceding match gets first pick of port. Either player may elect for a Neutral Start, but RPS will not be played to determine first pick.
  8. The next match is played.
  9. Repeat Steps 4 through 9 for all subsequent matches until the set is complete.
Additional Rules for Teams Play
  • Team Attack: ON.
  • Stock Stealing is allowed.
Rules Of Conduct
  • BYOC (Bring your own controller): Players are expected to bring their own controller and be prepared for every tournament set.
  • Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be disqualified from the tournament with no refund.
  • Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer. Failure to comply can also result in disqualification.
  • You are responsible for your own controller and name tag and equipment. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible, keep an eye on your equipment and always check to make sure you’re using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. Both parties need to agree if a match is to be restarted because of these problems.
  • Intentional forfeiting, match fixing, splitting, and any other forms of bracket manipulation are not allowed and punishable by the TO.
  • No substitutions are allowed for singles or doubles.
  • Coaching is allowed only between games, not during. Failure to adhere to this will lead to punishment at the TO’s discretion, which could include the removal from the venue.
  • DQ Rule: Arriving too late for a match will result in a DQ. Player(s) will have 5 minutes to show up before a loss of the first match. 5 more minutes results in a loss of the set. For doubles, both players on a team need to be present in order to play.
  • The tournament organizer has the right to save/record any tournament match if possible and has the right to upload said match.
  • Disrupting your opponent physically or intending to disrupt their play (through something such as screaming in a player’s ear) will result in a warning. Repeated action will result in disqualification from the tournament and possibly ejection from the venue. Observers who physically disrupt players are to be dealt with as the Tournament Organiser sees fit. Disqualification is recommended if possible, and ejection from the venue is also a punishment.
  • Although a rarity in melee (regarding textures and other game hacks):
  • Players may request that any texture, stage, or other hacks be disabled during a tournament set. If this is unable to be done, they may switch to a different setup if available.
Players are not allowed to use any game altering hacks, such as model hacks. If someone is caught setting up a system they brought with such hacks enabled can face punishment at the TO’s discretion.

https://www.facebook.com/events/190060231148276/

Last edited:

WestBallz

Smash Ace
Rofl these are the worst payout percentages ive ever seen. I just went to norcal regionals and got 4th and didnt get paid....and this local wants to pay to 5th? Rofl terrible terrible idea to take away a few bucks from the top 3 and give it to the 4/5 placers. Not gonna go if it ain't changed and not because i expect to win but because its ******** to take away from the true winners.

HellTyrant

Smash Cadet
Rofl these are the worst payout percentages ive ever seen. I just went to norcal regionals and got 4th and didnt get paid....and this local wants to pay to 5th? Rofl terrible terrible idea to take away a few bucks from the top 3 and give it to the 4/5 placers. Not gonna go if it ain't changed and not because i expect to win but because its ******** to take away from the true winners.
It makes sense that if you attend you expect to win, so I fixed the percentaged & only included top 4, no further changes will be made besides possible (hopeful) venue change

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
He's a first-time TO, give him a break Weston.

But yeah, just pay top 3:

Those are nice even percents and you won't have to deal with finding change

HellTyrant

Smash Cadet
He's a first-time TO, give him a break Weston.

But yeah, just pay top 3:

Those are nice even percents and you won't have to deal with finding change
That makes sense, alright it's been changed
I'm hoping for a good turn out so help me spread the word

HellTyrant

Smash Cadet
Is this held in an apartment?? Can you expect to fit everyone ?
As of now yeah, it will be in an apartment
I do expect to fit people here once I clear space

I'm not expecting over 50 people so it should be good unless more than that show up

HellTyrant

Smash Cadet
Location has been changed and confirmed

PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD, FOOD & DRINKS ARE AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE AT THIS LOCATION

WHA?

Smash Ace
This is on a friday?
Also, are there going to be discounts for bringing setups?

i'll still bring mine either way, but just let everyone know

will be selling Gamecube controller if anyone wants

HellTyrant

Smash Cadet
This is on a friday?
Also, are there going to be discounts for bringing setups?

i'll still bring mine either way, but just let everyone know

will be selling Gamecube controller if anyone wants
Yeah it will be on a Friday and can last from noon until 8pm

There will be Singles, Doubles, and casuals, money matches, etc.

Of course full set ups brings down your venue fee to $3

WHA?

Smash Ace
hey can u update this with ur contact info
in case ppl get lost or need help

can we can enter through the back or only through the front?

HellTyrant

Smash Cadet
Thank you to everyone who came down, I hope everyone had a good time

Shout outs to ROFL for keeping the singles pot cash safe & A. Rookie for the Mario talk

But really everyone who came thank you

Lets keep this game going as strong as ever

Top Bottom