• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smashing Sale Week 2: Zelda, F-Zero, Fire Emblem and More

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
At 9 AM PT today, Nintendo updated their Super Smashing Sale with new titles from several Nintendo series. Games from the Legend of Zelda, F-Zero, Fire Emblem, Mega Man, Kid Icarus and Sonic series are now on sale at the Wii U and 3DS eShops. Take a look below to see exactly what has been discounted.

The Legend of Zelda

F-Zero, Fire Emblem

Mega Man, Kid Icarus, Sonic The Hedgehog
NOTE: Mega Man X 2 is also discounted to $4.99. Read the press release from Nintendo here.

Will you be picking up any of these games? What do you want to see on sale next? Make your voice heard in the comments below!

The Derrit has a reason to buy the Oracle series now! Exciting. Chat about old school games with him on Twitter at @TheDerrit.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Well, already have FE and I don't care for the rest.

Poor Sonic doesn't get Lost World discounted.

Last edited:

psykus

Smash Rookie
So Sheik is a featured fighter but none of the games feature her? No discount on Ocarina of Time 3D.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
They.... uh.... couldn't have added anything else besides the original F-Zero? Why not Maximum Velocity too?

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
FE Awakening, A Link Between Worlds, and Kid Icarus: Uprising are the only good deals here.

WritersBlah

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WritersBlah999
Oh lordy...Virtual Console Zelda games, Mega Man X, and Kid Icarus Uprising are all on sale? Those were the $40 I was saving for Smash...stop making my wallet cry, Nintendo!

Bees?

Smash Rookie
FE Awakening, A Link Between Worlds, and Kid Icarus: Uprising are the only good deals here.
I stand firmly in the belief that they are the three best games on the system. These are great deals.

GOLDENMOP

Smash Cadet
I stand firmly in the belief that they are the three best games on the system. These are great deals.
I completely agree, in my opinion
3. Kid Icarus Uprising
2. A Link Between Worlds
1. Fire Emblem Awakening
Definitely three of the best handheld games of all time in my opinion (Especially Fire Emblem, that game is so freaking amazing!)

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I would definitely recommend Fire Emblem: Awakening. Such a phenomenal game it is and currently my favorite 3DS game. Kid Icarus: Uprising and Zelda: A Link Between Worlds are also great games.

Smallgenie549

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smallgenie549
Picked up Kid Icarus today and I'm loving it. It's a great time killer until Smash.

Also, if anyone's never played Fire Emblem Awakening, go buy it now. It's a brilliant game packed to the brim with content.

Hero_of_Time95

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5086-1511-5654
Could someone give me a run down on their thoughts on Kid Icarus Uprising? I've been pondering on buying it or not, and with the sale I would like to come to a conclusion. Let me know! and thanks :)

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
Hm... I have Kid Icarus Uprising... buuuttt I hated it. Should I give it another try?

YamiKitsune

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1006-0928-7336
Dude...these all these sales. My wallet can't handle them.

ARE YOU TRYING TO TAKE ALL MY MONEY NINTENDO!? YOU ALREADY GOT ME BUYONG SMASH 4

Smallgenie549

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smallgenie549
Could someone give me a run down on their thoughts on Kid Icarus Uprising? I've been pondering on buying it or not, and with the sale I would like to come to a conclusion. Let me know! and thanks :)
From what I've played today, it's very Smash-esque. The menus are similar and there are tons of collectibles and modes (collecting trophies is identical to Smash). The game is filled with humor (most of the story is told while you're playing the game) and the 3D is gorgeous.

In terms of gameplay, half of the level is an on-rail shooter, and the other half is on the ground. Some people find the controls awkward, but they're not bad at all. There's a lot of shooting and tons of action. It's a blast to play, and by far one of the 3DS's best games. I'd definitely recommend it.

mtmaster

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mtmaster_2k7
3DS FC
0645-7185-4095
Saw the Minish Cap and got excited and then realized its only on the Wii U which I don't have. Why it isn't on the 3DS escapes me, that is so not fair T^T.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
It's good that they corrected that Lucina error. She is still a newcomer.

Ershrek

Smash Rookie
NNID
Erickwasherelol
3DS FC
3995-7011-5351
Wow i was waiting for wind waker hd to go on sale

Sorion621

Smash Rookie
Downloaded Link between worlds last night it was a must have for me since Link to the past was my first zelda game... Nintendo is you trying to take my money before smash4 comes out for the U.S. my wallet is in intensive care right now :C

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
Downloaded Link between worlds last night it was a must have for me since Link to the past was my first zelda game... Nintendo is you trying to take my money before smash4 comes out for the U.S. my wallet is in intensive care right now :C
BREATHE MAN BREATHE YOU CAN MAKE IT THROUGH

Hero_of_Time95

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5086-1511-5654
From what I've played today, it's very Smash-esque. The menus are similar and there are tons of collectibles and modes (collecting trophies is identical to Smash). The game is filled with humor (most of the story is told while you're playing the game) and the 3D is gorgeous.

In terms of gameplay, half of the level is an on-rail shooter, and the other half is on the ground. Some people find the controls awkward, but they're not bad at all. There's a lot of shooting and tons of action. It's a blast to play, and by far one of the 3DS's best games. I'd definitely recommend it.
Thanks! Sounds fun, and I might just pick it up :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom