• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Flash 2 Tournament! - September 29th, 2013 - Speedway, IN

Ya Dad

Smash Apprentice

Click here for the livestream link!
Sunday, September 29th @ 2:00pm Eastern Standard

Bring your own Controllers! A Compaq SDM4540UL keyboard will be provided for keyboard AND gamepad players who don't bring their own supplies.

Equipment used:
- Custom built PC with
- Core i7 Lynnfield 2.93 ghz OC'd to 3.78 ghz
- Radeon HD 5830
- 12 GB DDR3 Dual Channel Ram (3x 4GB sticks)
- Windows 7 Ultimate

- 30" Sony HD Trinitron KV-30HS420

Address: 5805 Pocono Mesa North, Speedway IN 46224

Schedule: 12pm - Friendlies/Warm-ups
2:00pm - Singles
45 minute Recess (There are fast-food restaurants under a mile away)
If enough people sign up for Doubles, they will start after the Recess concludes.

Entry Fee: $10 Singles, $20 Doubles from each team

Payouts: 75% 1st place
25% 2nd place

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RULESET FOR YA DAD'S SSF2 TOURNEY:

- Items set to "off"
- 3 stock, 8 minutes.
- Team attack set to "on"
- No pausing allowed. 1st offense, forfeit stock. 2st offence, forfeit Round. No exceptions.
- Double Elimination
- Dave's Stupid Rule Modified (A player cannot pick the same stage he or she won on during the same round)
- Gentleman's Clause (Any stage, including banned ones, may be picked as long as BOTH players agree to it. This takes priority over DSRM)

Neutral Stages:
- FD/Nintendo 3DS
^ (you can pick either one if it's your turn, but they can both be covered by a single ban or strike)
- Battlefield
- Jungle Hijinx
- WarioWare
- Mirror Chamber
- Pokemon Stadium 3
- Tower of Salvation
- Yoshi's Story
- Dreamland
- Smashville
- Castle Siege

Counterpick:
- Yoshi's Island
- Dracula's Castle
- Central Highway (Hazards on)
- Lunar Core

All unlisted stages are banned unless the Gentleman's Clause is invoked.

- - - - - - - - Order of a Set (how to play tournament style)- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
A Set will consists of best two (2) out of three (3) Rounds. Semi-Finals and Finals will be best three (3) out of five (5) Rounds.

ROUND 1
1. Both players pick a character via Double-Blind pick (neither person knows who the opponent's character choice is. This will be done by writing your character choice on the post-it note provided by one of the TO's.)

2. Stage Striking 1-2-2-1 occurs (From the list of Neutral Stages, Player 1 strikes out a stage. Then player 2 strikes out two (2) stages. The Round starts on the only stage left.

ROUND 2
1) The player that won the previous Round announces a Stage Ban. This stage cannot be used as a Counterpick by the opposing player this Set.
2) The player that lost the previous Round announces a Counterpick Stage. This stage is selected from the Counterpick or Neutral list.
3) The player that won the previous Round then picks a character.
4) The player that lost the previous Round picks a character and the Round is played out (the first player can NOT change his character after the opponent has chosen his).

ALL ROUNDS AFTER THE SECOND ROUND FOLLOW THE RULES IN ROUND 2.
--------------------------------
Commodities

Motel 6 Indianapolis West - Speedway #775
6330 Debonair Ln
I-465 At Crawfordsville Rd, Exit #16-a
Speedway, IN, 46224
Phone: (317) 293-3220
FAX: (317) 329-7644

1.2 miles away
$34.99/night

Dollar In
6331 Crawfordsville Road
Speedway, IN 46224

Phone: (317) 248-8500

2.0 miles away (2.2 according to certain driving directions which require you to backtrack)
- Couldn't find an exact price online, but estimated to be under $50/night.

Speedway Bed & Breakfast
1829 Cunningham Rd.

Speedway, IN 46224
Phone: (317) 487-6531

0.6 miles away
$80.00/night

If you have any questions about anything I may have left out, leave a post or PM me. Good luck, and if you aren't there in person, be sure to watch it via livestream!

godwolf

Smash Rookie
If i can make it can anyone provide housing and i see your using Void's ruleset.BTW its champetero.

Ya Dad

Smash Apprentice
Sup Champetero!

I got the list of legal stages from Void, but everything else has been standard since last year so that's a big coincidence! As far as housing, I've never really thought about it. There are motels under a mile away from where I live. Good areas and still pretty cheap for nightly stays. I'll update this thread with more commodities.

hidood5th

Smash Rookie
Great! I'll be happy to come back for another round! I think I've trained enough, so see ya then!

godwolf

Smash Rookie
Wow prices aren't exactly cheap,I'm gonna need to raise money if i want to make it.

Rotabyss

Smash Rookie
god bless you dishwashing job, and friends coming with me. Road trip of a LIFETIME.

Top Bottom