• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Flash 2: Mr. Game And Watch Gets His Game On!

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~

During the Super Smash Flash 2 stream from their booth at Apex this year there has been a lot of hype, with recently revealed Bowser joining the roster and with the long awaited Isaac finally available for gameplay. The first two days of Apex however there has been a "locked" character on the character select screen. After some teasing Tweets coming in late last night, they have finally revealed the locked character to be Mr. Game and Watch! It will be interesting to see how the 2D wonder fits into Super Smash Flash 2.

SmashCapps has really wanted Game and Watch in the game, he'll for sure have a secondary for Black Mage now! Follow him on Twitter to talk about his addition to Super Smash Flash 2.

Last edited:

Bizzoula

Smash Rookie
Not hype tbh.
Expected a newcomer, and so did a ton of people.
edit* first

Last edited:

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
Oh, Game & Watch, how I love thee. <3

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
The comments in the Twitch chat right now is so salty, "G&W is the most casual character" like WHAT!?

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Well I'm certainly happy about this since I always loved playing as G&W in other smash games. :)

While a newcomer would be cool, all these veterans are fine as well.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Game & Watch for the Master Race! I bet the haters are jealous because they lack the retro appeal that he has. :troll:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Good, now only we need Mr. Incredible to come back just for the lulz.

Trigspro789

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Trigspro789
3DS FC
3566-2013-0217
Beep-beep bop bop beep-BEEEP-beep! #BeepBopBEEEP
:gawmelee::gawmelee::gw::gw::gw::4gaw::4gaw::4gaw::4gaw::gw::gw::gw::gawmelee::gawmelee:

(Like if you have no idea what I just said)

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Excellent

So what else is coming to smash flash 2 is isaac involved because

(Nintendo joined apex and booted project m so it can't be that)

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
It's nice to have him, but this isn't particularly exciting. It's just like the Bowser reveal. It would have been nice to see a newcomer.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Meh.
I'm pretty sure people found him in 0.9b's files a while ago. :/

Last edited:

Nstinct

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3626-0477-8909
As I'm watching gameplay footage on the stream, I can say Mr. Game & Watch look absolutely perfect in SSF2. Strangely this two color 2 dimensional character looks like one of the highest quality graphics in the game since he's a carbon copy of how he looked in all his Smash appearances. lol

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I wasn't expecting him to be a starter character. He's usually the "final boss" unlockable, or close to it.

Not that I'm complaining. :gw:

UltimaNylocke

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
ULTI#211
NNID
UltimaNylocke
*waits patiently for Adeleine to be confirmed*

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
Let's see, I'm going to rant a bit, and share my personal opinion about this situation, because hear me out:

Mr. Game and Watch should be cut from the game now; he was an unnecessary addition to the game and from what I see, he feels kind of mediocre to be honest. Let me tell you, I absolutely hate Mr. Game and Watch, not only for his ridiculous and horrible gameplay, but also for the fact that he actually does not fit in with the rest of the cast well.

Super Smash Flash 2 exemplifies this, by adding a character that mostly no one wanted in the game to begin with, instead of adding a character that would have given this game a better name. There are tons of characters that would have fit the game better than G & W, from Roy, Mewtwo, Luigi, Kratos (Tales), Shadow, Falco or Leon. But no, they give us the most disliked character as of now for Super Smash Flash 2, a character that people don't really like all too well even in Smash Bros., and a character that feels so unnecessary to add.

People would be fine without Mr. Game and Watch being in this game, as he feels like he should be more of a stage hazard or an assist trophy. To me, I'm tired of his bulls*** every time he's in a Smash Bros. game, because he doesn't offer anything new to the table. I don't care if there are people that like him, there are people who would have loved to see Riku in the game as a playable instead of Mr. Game and Watch. There are more people who probably wanted Pit, Mewtwo or even Snake in the game.

I'm sorry, but I feel like Mr. Game and Watch was the worst choice of character in Smash Flash 2 history, beating that of Chibi-Robo and Jigglypuff. So they can add a stupid character like Mr. Game and Watch, but they can't add Mr. Incredible?

Yeah...my hype for the game is gone.

Remember, it's just my opinion on things in this matter.

Last edited:
Top Bottom