• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Flash 2 At Super Smash Con!

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~

It seems that Super Smash Flash 2 will be coming to Super Smash Con! They will be presenting the Apex 2015 demo for players to try which will include the new characters Isaac, Mr.Game and Watch, and Bowser for everyone to try. They will also be streaming gameplay for fans to enjoy who can't make it to the event. However, there is one more tidbit people will want to know about from the official announcement: "We'll have a little surprise for you at the end of that Saturday's stream"

Could this be a new character? A new stage? Maybe an official beta release date? Speculate in the comments below and get excited for Super Smash Con and Super Smash Flash 2!

SmashCapps is especially excited to see new potential developments for the game. To keep up with future Smash news be sure to follow him on Twitter.

ZomBiehn

Semi-Pro
NNID
ZomBiehnU
3DS FC
3153-5961-0908
Fingers crossed its a official release date ( not that a new character wouldn't be great also)

SDFox

Smash Apprentice
There are going to be so many smash games to learn now,
sm4sh, meellee, pm , 64, guardians of aether, super smash flash 2,
And if your insane, brawl -

Solutionme

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolutionMe
My beef with smash flash 2 is how clunky the game is for one, two how poorly designed some characters are, ichigo can just spam his side-b willy nilly and is nearly impossible to punish for it. Personally if this wants to be a respectable game it needs better design and better controls. Also I do know it is a flash game, but improve the pixel count at least, can't ever tell what the hell is going on because the pixels are too big.

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
Hoping for character balances :-p
Keep the good work going, McLeod. And give us a release date or a date for a possible update pls :132:

manrangan

Smash Cadet
NNID
manrangan
3DS FC
1289-8629-2870
Switch FC
SW-8204-8475-7607
I like playing SSF2 for fun at school or something, but playing the game seriously is really hard for me because of the no analog controls. Makes trying to DI/Tilt feel really, really awkward and clunky. Fun game, but not a good competitive game imo.

Luig

Confused
I've never been able to get into it because
A. My favorite character luigi isn't there. SERIOUSLY?
B. My other favorite character sonic fells really awkward compared to him in the main one
C. the controls, I used to be fine with them until they made it so that you couldn't use the ctrl key anymore.

RadicalMongoose

Smash Apprentice
I've never been able to get into it because
A. My favorite character luigi isn't there. SERIOUSLY?
B. My other favorite character sonic fells really awkward compared to him in the main one
C. the controls, I used to be fine with them until they made it so that you couldn't use the ctrl key anymore.
Patience Luigi will come in time.

Solutionme

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolutionMe
The anime characters should be scrapped and added at a later time to be balanced properly. Naruto happens to be the strongest of the three, Goku just breaks aerial combat due to the movements you can perform with him along with the very abusable kaoi-ken. Ichigo has good range and speed with high attack power and a side b that is almost impossible to punish and combos into itself reliably. Why naruto happens to be the best is because he is stupidly good frame traps with the clone from his up-b, a rasengan that can move forward slowly, a dash attack that goes under projectiles, decent projectile and camping with his kunai and rasengan, and can get early kills off the same bread and butter combos. Goku can't do that without going kaoi-ken and he can't frame trap, his recovery is also surprisingly bad. Ichigo doesn't have the same crazy combos as Naruto, he feels like Ike except way too fast.

Thegreenblur

Smash Cadet
I dont see the announcement NOT being a release date. Its been over a year since the last big content update (if you can even call it that) but the wait this time is justified somewhat because of all the new modes, and stages (I didn't say characters because only 3 is not much. Unless they announce more characters. Ffs just add in Luigi god dammit.)

Solutionme

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolutionMe
People still salty over anime characters?
Well I'm not really salty over the anime characters. I actually find it interesting to play them, the problem is that their design is too strong compared to the rest of the cast, not counting certain characters like Marth who is actually good in flash 2. But how strong is it is what should be asked from a designing viewpoint? Somewhere close to brawl meta knight with some of the things the anime character do, of course not counting goku, but he kills super early with kaio-ken off bread and butter combos which is stupid. Naruto and Ichigo can answer every situation, though naruto does it better; he just has a harder time killing, but doesn't have a broken side-b with unreasonable frames for punishing it like Ichigo does.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Well I'm not really salty over the anime characters. I actually find it interesting to play them, the problem is that their design is too strong compared to the rest of the cast, not counting certain characters like Marth who is actually good in flash 2. But how strong is it is what should be asked from a designing viewpoint? Somewhere close to brawl meta knight with some of the things the anime character do, of course not counting goku, but he kills super early with kaio-ken off bread and butter combos which is stupid. Naruto and Ichigo can answer every situation, though naruto does it better; he just has a harder time killing, but doesn't have a broken side-b with unreasonable frames for punishing it like Ichigo does.
Just because a character or move is "cheap/broken/overpowered/easy/etc." doesn't mean they have no choice but to be taken out. Just rebalance the move or character in the next update to fix the problem areas.

Last edited:

ChainArmour712

Smash Cadet
Honestly I was really excited for this in February, but it has been almost six months with no new release or reveals so I'm decidedly less enthusiastic about it now. My attention has shifted back to Melee and Smash 4 so I'm hoping for a new character reveal to spice things up. Oh and can we have custom music please? Crusade has it so it must no be too difficult to implement.

Solutionme

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolutionMe
Just because a character or move is "cheap/broken/overpowered/easy/etc." doesn't mean they have no choice but to be taken out. Just rebalance the move or character in the next update to fix the problem areas.
I would just so I can start from scratch again, well for these characters anyways, they've done a ton of things from their anime series so moves could change easily. Just me though.

gyasim

Smash Cadet
NNID
gyasim
I hope Rayman is announced for this game eventually.
I'd hope they add Snake, Ice Climbers, Pit, Villager or Olimar first. There's MGS, Animal Crossing and Pikmin stages but no characters. And the game is in desperate need for a unique character or a projectile based character.

gyasim

Smash Cadet
NNID
gyasim
I like playing SSF2 for fun at school or something, but playing the game seriously is really hard for me because of the no analog controls. Makes trying to DI/Tilt feel really, really awkward and clunky. Fun game, but not a good competitive game imo.
Buy an adapter...

Top Bottom