• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Con Announced!

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~

After the previous controversy surrounding the announcement of an announcement on VGBootcamp recently we have finally been able to see what was deemed to be "One of the best kept secrets in smash... Not just for Melee, but for Super Smash Bros as a whole". That announcement is for Super Smash Con!

Super Smash Con boasts to having 100,000 square feet of Smash filled with vendors, events, raffles, live music, and exclusive panels. If that's not exciting enough tournaments for Smash 64, Melee, Brawl, and Smash Wii U will be ran and organized by the famed Juggleguy and Nintendude and will sport over $30,000 dollars in pot bonuses to be streamed by VGBootcamp! So watch the trailer and get excited for Super Smash Con coming up on August 6-9, 2015.

SmashCapps is totally going to make plans and see if he can go! Follow him on Twitter and share in the excitement of this announcement. You can learn more about the event by visiting their website.

Last edited:

moofpi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
moofpi
3DS FC
0473-8866-3506
Hahaha a whole convention celebrating Super Smash Bros and no PM? Every single game and no PM. That's not cool, and I'm a Smash 4 guy.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Wow, where is this to be held? Or is that still to be announced?

SuaveChaser

Smash Journeyman
It is cool smash has a con and i might even be able to go during that time but no PM makes me not want to attend. Gotta love how after being ignored by nintendo their $ changes people lol.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
*gets hyped*
*notices it's in Virginia*
*lives on complete other side of country*

Welp, I can at least hope everyone else has a good time!

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I'm just going to assume that PM and other mods will have tables there.

If not including PM means it's not the whole Smash community, then including it still won't be because then you'd also have to count SSF(2) and Brawl- and other fan games and mods IMO.

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Well this is a surprise, a con entirely devoted to Smash, I'm impressed, its about time too.
I'm just going to assume that PM and other mods will have tables there.

If not including PM means it's not the whole Smash community, then including it still won't be because then you'd also have to count SSF(2) and Brawl- and other mods IMO.
Yeah it'd be cool to have the Waluigi and Ridley mods playable, since they both have original movesets, add them both to project m and modded Brawl, and we can have ourselves a grand time.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
This. Is gonna be great!

FEFIZ

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3325-4003-4948
I have and play all 5 smashs (64, melee, brawl, 3ds, wiiu) and Flash 2 too. Never played PM, but why no PM?!

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Guys, please don't start PM stuff again. We don't need all that again.
So we're not allowed to voice displeasure at somethijng? What's the damn point of the forum then? Circlejerking VGBC?

PandaPanda Senketsu

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5241-2412-1689
Wow what sell outs, so afraid of big bad Nintendo. Hopefully Pm can at least have a side tournament or something.

And #oneunit while everyone continues to **** on brawl, buncha hypocrites

Last edited:
NNID
CRQ-L-07
3DS FC
4854-6608-1552
Jeez louise guys, you all can be negative about the no PM biz but how about setting up a side tourney while you're there? I know I got introduced to Brawl Minus because some dudes did exactly that during a PM tourney, so it's possible.

I just wish you guys would do stuff to support your scene without having to put down others. :(

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
༼ つ◕_◕ ༽つ remove draconian intellectual property laws
༼ つ◕_◕ ༽つ
Edit: On a less memetic note, it's driving our community apart, sadly.
If the state didn't have the power to grant the special privilege of an idea monopoly, or, at least, if they relaxed the laws to allow derivative works to flourish, oh what a happier world we'd be in.

Last edited:

moofpi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
moofpi
3DS FC
0473-8866-3506
Brawl's got Smashers still, dedicated ones. Glad you guys are getting a tournament there.

Still hope PM rears it's glorious head and crashes Smash Con.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Wow, the PM salt is real. Chill guys. It's in August. Plenty of time to advocate for PM instead of just throwing a tantrum.

D

Deleted member

Brawl's got Smashers still, dedicated ones. Glad you guys are getting a tournament there.

Still hope PM rears it's glorious head and crashes Smash Con.
I agree x9000 with you.

SuaveChaser

Smash Journeyman
Can people just come out and say PM isn't apart of the smash community or something it feels like it lol atm. I feel like i'm supporting sellouts by attending smash 4 events which i don't wanna do.

Top Bottom