• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Brothers Crusade - v0.9.0 Demo Available for download!

Saza

Smash Rookie
Meh, it doesnt look too decent.

I didnt know Gamemaker had the power to do this, any way good luck.

Super Flash Bro's is looking BAD though. I mean, the coding isnt too bad but the graphics are shocking

Corigames

Smash Hero
Your scope is way too big. Try sizing it down first and making a good, working engine and then worry about having 50 some characters in it.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Just make sure that you don't work outside your scope. The reason why most videogame projects fail is because they are too ambitious for their own sake and they can't reach any of their deadlines. Set a few milestones, make sure to stay on time, and you will find it a lot easier to make a game. I would know. I worked on a Zelda game for a long time. I think it was a fantastic game, however, since I didn't make a schedule, plan an end date, etc. the game never left my workstation and forever stayed as "work in progress." Just keep that in mind.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Smash Chu said:
Let me say this:

THE ROSTER IS AWFUL. CHANGE IT ENTIRELY.

Game it's self looks ok.
I don't think they've "unlocked" the entire roster on the site as of yet... so if you're still looking for that particular character, just hold on a bit longer until everything's been revealed. (Personally, I'm still holding out for Darkrai... but I know that's just a pipe dream. :p )
My opinion on the roster... they've already got one of my wish fighters in in the form of Mewtwo. You just can't have a Smash game without him. (Unlike ONE particular Smash game... *ehem* I digress.)

Still looking forward to new info soon. Appreciate you guys putting forth the effort to make a true-blue Smash game without all kinds of crazy additions... the one place where Smash Flash 2 fails.

Keep at it. :)

Steelia

Smash Champion
This game definitely deserves more rep.

Well... haven't heard anything of it in a while. Any progress as-of-late? And what of perhaps a new character/stage/etc. being introduced on the site...?

Or shall these questions simply disappear into an ocean of topics? >_>

unest_guy

Smash Apprentice
How About Telling Nintendo About This Idea Of Smash Bros Game They Might Like It & They Might Do it For The Wii
Or For The Ds Version Maybe .

-This Idea Of Smash I Like It And I Hope You Guys Finish The So Quick .

Best Luck To You Game Makers

Steelia

Smash Champion
Wow, I really didn't expect THIS topic to be revived again. o_O

And unest_guy, they already DID a Smash game for the Wii... It's called Brawl. :p (Albeit Crusade would more than likely top it in all aspects, given the better roster and whatnot.)

JohnAnon

Smash Cadet
What is this, an another SSB flash clone? I know for sure that it's gonna suck, but God forbid it be as stupendously ****ty as Super Smash Flash.

Just, you know, DO NOT ADD ANIME CHARACTERS.

WHAT'S EVEN MORE IMPORTANT: DO NOT, AND I MEAN DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, NO MATTER HOW TEMPTED YOU MIGHT BE, EVEN IF YOU WERE BRIBED FOR IT, FOR ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSE WHATSOEVER, ADD ORIGINAL CHARACTERS.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
The fact you have so many blaringly undeserving characters such as even a random one from Soul Calibur and yet no K. Rool simply astounds me.

I refuse to acknoweledge that this is a smash game until he is added. Single most likely and deserving character for SSB4. (Ridley close behind, but doesn't beat him due to Sakurai's hate of him)

Steelia

Smash Champion
The demo worked fine for me... It's actually quite enjoyable.

Shame nothing really big's come out since, though.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Anyone (Phantom7 for example) who thinks the roster in smash should also have Krystal, Wolf Link, Waluigi and such are out of their mind

Katapultar

Smash Lord
Hey, is this actually a game maker where you can make the game yourself, or is it an online SSB game? Im confused.

Akiak

Smash Ace
This game is GREAT.

The attacks are much less bland than Smash Flash. The moves in Crusade give much more liberty, like jumping out of Spin Dash or stuff like that. You even have taunts! This game rocks. Does it work on Mac? I'm getting Windows anyway in a bit.

And you included Petey? You ROCK

And can I request the inclusion of Toad?

Pirate Goomba

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BackburningPyro
3DS FC
3969-6919-4080
Switch FC
2859 5488 3187
Include Goomba ;)

I love how they have made it look , especially since they are only using Gamemaker.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
An occasional re-download for a few new characters or stages is reasonable IMO.

BTW, what's the take on music? I heard it takes up a lot of space, so I'm guessing it won't be like My Music is in Brawl.

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
An occasional re-download for a few new characters or stages is reasonable IMO.

BTW, what's the take on music? I heard it takes up a lot of space, so I'm guessing it won't be like My Music is in Brawl.
My guess would be one to two songs per stage. To even expect more than
one is a little ridiculous though.

tsilver33

Smash Ace
Wow, looks wicked. I enjoyed Super Smash Flash to a certain extent. Except, you know, it had one big problem...

It didn't have gravity lol. My only comment though is that I wish somebody would include Phoenix Wright. The guys in the best adventure game (In my opinion, of course.) on the Nintendo DS, but nobody ever wants to include him in an action game.

Top Bottom