• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Brothers Crusade - v0.9.0 Demo Available for download!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Guys, I would sell you my left arm to have K. Rool added, and he has a sprites already made that cover the moves he would have.. (If you'd like a sample moveset, just send me a tell)

You've got the power to give under-repped series more love, and since you've done this already with F-Zero and Metroid, why not give Donkey Kong it's most wanted newcomer?

Also, great work with what you've shown us so far, it's very impressive. (And you brought Mewtwo back, woot!)

And if the finished product comes out anything like the website says it will, I will shower you with praise.

Geist

Smash Master
put wavedashing back in lol
And more metroid reps = win. If this actually gets finished.

I've tried making games before. So boring. =[

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Why are some of you people acting against this? I don't see how it negatively effects anyone of you. If anything, you download it, and you don't like it... Oh well.

Heck, I'll download it. And probably play it too. No reason not to.

Ørion

Smash Ace
how are you going to make it with Game Maker, not to be harsh or anything but my experience tells me that trying to make a game with Game Maker will be difficult.

Edit: Maybe I could help I have a program called FunEditor that is better, but it would still be hard to do. I also have a C# programs, and I've taken some classes in C++ and C#.
Ya, I was wondering the same thing. I don't know much of anything about that program, but can you really use it to create a game like SSB? I agree that C++ with directx or opengl would be your best bet, do you know those languages?

Slyde

Smash Cadet
i dont get it what consol does it come out? on when does it come out? please explain

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I have a question! How often do you update the site, like, when you put out a newcomer, veteran or stage.

Also, once again, looks good. And Bomberman is in it, yay!

Only characters I'm anxious about seeing now, are King K. Rool, Isaac, Bowser Jr., and the MGS rep you have on the polls (whichever one wins, doesnt matter which to me)

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
I have a question! How often do you update the site, like, when you put out a newcomer, veteran or stage.

Also, once again, looks good. And Bomberman is in it, yay!

Only characters I'm anxious about seeing now, are King K. Rool, Isaac, Bowser Jr., and the MGS rep you have on the polls (whichever one wins, doesnt matter which to me)
I will tell you everyone of the characters you named is in the game somewhere, so that was a pretty lucky guess, but sadly I can't guarantee all of them.

I update the site every once in a while, not every day, but somedays I put more than one update. I update a newcomer around maybe every few weeks.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I will tell you everyone of the characters you named is in the game somewhere, so that was a pretty lucky guess, but sadly I can't guarantee all of them.

I update the site every once in a while, not every day, but somedays I put more than one update. I update a newcomer around maybe every few weeks.
Bummer, I can tell K. Rool isnt the playable one. Based on the comment earlier dealing with Isaac, the fact that Bowser Jr. is the most popular on the "Next Mario Character" poll, and theres an extra space under Bowser in the Mario section of the screenshot of the character select screen. And the empty space under Snake is for the MGS rep.

And there is no extra space below Diddy Kong...sadface =(

I mean, there is still time, all of his sprites have been used, and he has more moveset potential than quite alot of characters.

B - Crown toss - multiple hits, works like Link's boomerang
B> - Blunderbuss - chargable, uncharged fires a normal cannonball, charged fires a spiked cannonball
B^ - Kremling Kopterpack - The helicopter pack appears on his back, and lifts him up
Bv - Ground shockwave - Does the ground pound from DK64, causing shockwaves to shoot out on either side

Final Smash - invisible uppercut, or cannonball rain - cannonballs fall from the sky, causing massive damage to his opponents

There's his moveset if theres any hope for him.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Mewtwo AND Deoxys as playable characters in this flash game? You have me sold. :D

Looking forward to the final production of this game. Is there any known due date for it...?

-Linko-

Smash Journeyman
WHAT!? No analog control!?

That sucks, despite the amount of popular characters that have got in.

Smash Brothers just needs analog controls, man. Make the keyboard wiimote-like, and support analog controlers with one or two sticks, please.

Black Magician

Smash Apprentice
Why does Toon Link have a Young Link moveset? The two are completely different! Why not have two different characters? And what happened to Zora Link?
Why is Knuckles in over Tails and Shadow? Tails was Sonic's original sidekick, so deserves a place, and Knuckles' rival position has been taken by Shadow, whio also has more unique and varied Chaos abilities.
Static backgrounds look odd, and it's harder to tell where the platforms and edges of the stage are.

Apart from that, looks good.

DragonBlade

Smash Journeyman
Ya, I was wondering the same thing. I don't know much of anything about that program, but can you really use it to create a game like SSB? I agree that C++ with directx or opengl would be your best bet, do you know those languages?
I was looking to this also, and I realized that Havok Physics and Animation tools are freely available to personal use to make free games. These are probably the same tools that the Brawl team used. With some good coders, a few people who could do the graphics and animations, and a few people to make the textures, it might be possible to make a pretty decent game. It would still be a lot of work though.

Its respectable you have at least made it this far, phantom7. Most people don't get past deciding on the roster.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Hmm.
Just noticed, on the site it mentions 45 assist trophies, which is pretty neat. So long as a character or two that I may enjoy to see make it on there rather than being omitted as somewhat interactable altogether *coughMewtwoasatrophyinBrawlcough* makes me a happy costumer.
Ah. When will that full listing for Assist Trophies be available? And are Pokeball-Pokemon summonables going to happen here...?

I'd have to say I'm more stoked about this than *gasp* Super Smash Flash 2. Sure, Smash Flash 2 may have more experience, what with a prequel and all. However, I like how you stay true to the roots of Smash Bros. and don't go all-out by adding anime characters, more outrageous third-party characters (or some not even third-party at all) and the like. Don't get me wrong; Smash Flash was great... but it was just missing the essence that was Smash by adding in characters that didn't belong. Your listing is much more reasonable.

Keep at it, Phantom7. :)

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
made a video of the demo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_9hXSx5Jxs

btw, i am helping him make it... i will make it much, much better.

What I am doing is making stages so that there won't just be crappy, blurry, images as backgrounds. I've already made a few that he is adding to the game. Also, I may be doing a new title screen, seeing as how the current one is HORRIBLE.

Also, I'll be bugging him to add Geno and other characters like issac. ;)

here's one stage I made quickly as an example, I'm not 100% done, though.
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x25/werekill/halberdcopy.png

here's my first stage that I made in like 5 minutes.
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x25/werekill/sscstagecopy.png

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Think of me as the voice of truth.

I am going to make what I am about to say as kind and level headed as possible; it is in your best interest to listen to me.

Do NOT continue this path of self esteem suicide. What are you trying to prove by making this game? What EXACTLY is it? You are walking into a 400 man ambush all armed with semi automatic rifles, and all you have is a 9mm. You just don't get it do you? You will never succeed. Even if you made the game, the only thing you succeeded in was completion of a broken game.

The fact that you are taking such a huge task ALONE is PROOF that the only thing you seek is self-recognition. You don't CARE about making this game, you just want to be RECOGNIZED.

Why do this to yourself? Why? What is there to prove to a bunch of people who do not want this? You are 14 years old, and no matter if you had the assistance of Miyamoto, Sakurai, or whomever, you couldn't pull this off.

You lack:

-The skill
-The knowledge
-The gear
-The common sense
-The fanbase
-assistance

but most of all, you lack common sense.

Listen to me. I will assure you that if you bow out of this now, we will not ridicule you. We will understand, and we might even respect you for having the dream and attempting to make it happen, despite your attempts looking filthy. The big thing here is that, you will no longer be on that path of self-destruction, and you will be free from the eye of social scorn.

If you complete this game...you will have wasted so much time in your life...because the game will NOT be good...no matter how much time you pour into it.

So stop dammit. STOP DESTROYING YOURSELF!
wow... I just found this on another page... I think this excuses a double post.

Listen people, this may take a while, but we will finish this. Not only that, it will not be a simple waste of time, considering the fact that we are added much better graphics and other stuff. Also, he might use mspaint, but I use photoshop. :)

So please people don't post something like the above quote, it's just annoying. lol.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
wow, you guys are making great progress. i've always wanted to make something similar on gamemaker, but i'm no good with it... i can never work out the damage system correctly, and my characters attacks are often glitchy. good luck!

PCHU

Smash Lord
I have Game Maker, but it's hard for me to make a scrolling shooter.

I really want to, but the screen is cut short somehow, and it won't work.
Also, my plane won't move up...

But SMASH?
On GAME MAKER?!
EPICNESS!

I was thinking of a smash RPG, but if I can't make a shooter, then....
How am I going to make an RPG?

br4n

Smash Apprentice
why is everyone getting excited and talking like this is actually going to succeed. this thread is hilarious. /subscribe

GreatClayMonkey

Smash Lord
Rigging the enemy base with explosives, which is l
Just saw this topic, so my reaction?

Super Smash Flash 2 is gonna be better. Sorry but this doesn't look promising.
Im sorry but I have to agree. I have seen far to many people claim they are going to make a game then it never gets started or it gets halfway done and they quit or its just bad. Im sorry but I have to remain pessimistic until I see a demo.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Im sorry but I have to agree. I have seen far to many people claim they are going to make a game then it never gets started or it gets halfway done and they quit or its just bad. Im sorry but I have to remain pessimistic until I see a demo.
well, there IS a demo on the website, but it's probably the roughest demo ever. it's simply there to show how the game basically works. Trust me though, we are still working hard on it. We almost have zant and sonic done, and we are starting on mega man and petey piranha.

Oops, revealed zant. :) I'll probably make a video of him soon.

GreatClayMonkey

Smash Lord
Rigging the enemy base with explosives, which is l
well, there IS a demo on the website, but it's probably the roughest demo ever. it's simply there to show how the game basically works. Trust me though, we are still working hard on it. We almost have zant and sonic done, and we are starting on mega man and petey piranha.

Oops, revealed zant. :) I'll probably make a video of him soon.
I kinda meant a clean well working demo will at least 4 characters

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Knuckles....
*happy tear*
All I ever wanted from smash.

eskimo bob

Smash Apprentice
I like yoshi. he was the main character of yoshi's story which was my first video game. :D I don't like his playstyle in the smash games, though.

Top Bottom