• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Brothers Crusade - v0.9.0 Demo Available for download!

MegaSmashing

Smash Rookie
i am now have a profile image of bianca from pokemon heroes have you herd that movie?
anyway i am nice and 15 year's old.
nice updates!
i like your resprite of megaman!
what is your release date of the full demo V0.9 i really want to play it so bad and i love the game!
and i am timmy sahlstrom i am not going to join you guy's i just sticking around every friday.
Thank's for all of your hard work of the smash bros crusade game.

Last edited:

Dustination

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dustination
3DS FC
5215-1019-9015
Hello Spongebob
Once again there is no release date for the full demo, we'll get it out when we can.

Thanks for your support

WantingPichu

Smash Rookie
NNID
NoMercy777
Can anybody explain this problem I'm experiencing with crusade test?

So i extracted both part 1 and 2 of crusade and loaded up crusade and configured controls. I picked 2 characters and tried to hit a random stage. But when the st. select screen disappeared, the game went t a black screen with what I assumed was the HUD on the left side. It stayed like this and the game didn't load. Can anybody explain why?

Perfecthell4

Smash Apprentice
Can anybody explain this problem I'm experiencing with crusade test?

So i extracted both part 1 and 2 of crusade and loaded up crusade and configured controls. I picked 2 characters and tried to hit a random stage. But when the st. select screen disappeared, the game went t a black screen with what I assumed was the HUD on the left side. It stayed like this and the game didn't load. Can anybody explain why?
That usually means your files arent in the right places. When you extract part 1 and part 2, extract them both into one larger folder.

PiggyGuys

Smash Rookie
Is there any news when build 0.9 is coming out? I have no friends who really like this game, since they cant use something like Xpadder for a controller, and I enjoy Classic Mode greatly. Also, finding people to play Online might work, kinda talking to myself here sorry, but anyways, Do you have any plans for random-matchup online? If theres a way to make that work, this game would be even more AMAZING then it already is.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
we can't really say anything for an 0.9 release atm, but if you need people to play 0.8.4 online with, you can join the forum and you should find quite a few people willing to play.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Is there any news when build 0.9 is coming out? I have no friends who really like this game, since they cant use something like Xpadder for a controller, and I enjoy Classic Mode greatly. Also, finding people to play Online might work, kinda talking to myself here sorry, but anyways, Do you have any plans for random-matchup online? If theres a way to make that work, this game would be even more AMAZING then it already is.
we can't really say anything for an 0.9 release atm, but if you need people to play 0.8.4 online with, you can join the forum and you should find quite a few people willing to play.
I also opened a fan project online thread if you want to stick to Smashboards.

Last edited:

Dustination

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dustination
3DS FC
5215-1019-9015
I apologize for the lack of updates, here is what you may have missed.
Click the links to see pictures and read more info pertaining to the update!

0.9 Dojo Update 04 VII 2014 - Victory, is my Destiny!
Right Back At Ya! Meta Knight has been granted a resprite! Thanks to this makeover, he now matches his rival Kirby in an all new way! Now, there won't be anything to stop him from challenging all of the other Crusaders in stylish combat!
0.9 Dojo update 11 VII 2014 - Space Dragon Takes Flight!
The leader of the Space Pirates has been known to reinvent himself. This time, it's no different. Ridley is back on the hunt, with an anti-ground playstyle that is sure to leave the opponent in shambles!
0.9 Dojo update 18 VII 2014 - Psy-yai-yaiii!!!!
Don't be confused about who this familiar face is. Psyduck makes his debut in Crusade as one of the many Pokémon you can find within the Pokéballs!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One last bit of information if you would allow me:
Today, we opened a poll for the public to vote on their favorite additions to the Crusade roster so far. This list has all the characters that have been publicly presented at this point.

So if you have the time, please vote on your favorite characters. If you know a friend who plays Crusade, but doesn't have Facebook, please share this link with them. Thank You.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/C2LYKFC

Stay tuned for the next Dojo Update!

Last edited:

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
This is hands down the best 2d Smash bros fan game. Keep up the great work!

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Wow, I have missed a lot.

*drools over the fact that sprite quality/consistency is a thing now*

Last edited:

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
With the demo coming out soon, you may want to keep people informed. Whether it be a picture with no context or letting them know you're still working on it. It's been almost two weeks since your last info and people tend to lose interest after lack of information. You haven't even told us how things went at Zenith and what people thought.

Hareimu

Smash Rookie
Can someone please help me? First of all, I'm Hareimu, pleased to meet everyone on here.

Well, I have a problem with the test version of SSBC V0.9. Anytime I enter on a fight, with any character or stage, a weird thing happens with my screen:

I don't know if this has to do anything with my resolution or what, I'm using a laptop with 1024x768 on fullscreen and that up above happens. If you're asking if I downloaded the 2 ZIP files on the same folder:

So, can anyone help me with this?

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
We're sorry, but we are unable to tell the exact source of the issue. I'd suggest updating the DirectX software and graphics card drivers. If this doesn't help, hopefully the resolution change option coming in the next release will.

Puppyfaic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Puppyluvv
This is probably just due to the increased resolution, but the test demo runs remarkably slower for me than v0.8 does. in v0.8 I had no problem always running Crusade at max speed, but now I'm lucky if I can get it over half in just the main menu.

Hareimu

Smash Rookie
Well, thanks anyway guys. I'll be waiting and keep on with the updates of the game. Also, I can say the same as you, Puppyfaic. I mean, if you can get through the slow speed of the Main Menu/CSS/SSS, the fights are somewhat more faster.
And a normal computer has 1280x720 in most cases and the same thing occurs. I'll try to update the drivers, hoping that is the issue.

Edit: Nope. I recently checked and I have the latest version of DirectX, and all my drivers properly updated. The problem persists. Anyway, I'll wait for the official "demo" version if it's gonna have a "change resolution" option. And I need the V-Sync so badly...

Last edited:

6f5e4d

Smash Rookie
I am excited, when is this new stuff going to be posted on Super Smash Bros. Crusade's wiki

6f5e4d

Smash Rookie
I am excited, because its possible that the Poke Ball will be added as an item, as Steelix was seen in one of the pictures, and no Super Smash Bros. game, whether the main series or the online games have ever portrayed Steelix as a Poke Ball Pokemon

6f5e4d

Smash Rookie
If the Poke Ball was revealed then that means the Assist Trophy will be revealed as well

Hareimu

Smash Rookie
Huh, I don't think so. Even if the Pokeball was revealed for the future demo, having Assist Trophies so early would mean...

"Hey! If you don't put this character for official, at least make him an assist!"
"Put this character as an assist, pleaaaase"

And so on. If you are wondering why do I say this, it's easy to know, taking onto account this game has one of the greatest rosters of characters on fan-based videogames so far, it has a lot of fanatic people making requests like that.
I don't say they will not include the Assist Trophies at all, just that not now. Anyway, I'll keep up onto the future updates.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I downloaded Part 1 & 2 files of Crusade. Do I need to combine Part 1 & 2 folders in order to play the game or is everything set up once I download everything?

Dustination

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dustination
3DS FC
5215-1019-9015
I downloaded Part 1 & 2 files of Crusade. Do I need to combine Part 1 & 2 folders in order to play the game or is everything set up once I download everything?
Yep, just drag everything from both parts into an empty folder.

Thessbmzocker

Smash Apprentice
Huh... my PC is bad but i haven't encountered any slowdowns. well, i haven't played with 6 characters on screen but everything works just fine... ok, loading times may be a bit long but it's still okay. I still wonder why Pichu doesn't has Thunder. why endure? or is it bide?

Perfecthell4

Smash Apprentice
Huh... my PC is bad but i haven't encountered any slowdowns. well, i haven't played with 6 characters on screen but everything works just fine... ok, loading times may be a bit long but it's still okay. I still wonder why Pichu doesn't has Thunder. why endure? or is it bide?
Pichu was given two new specials as a compliment to self-damaging, based around surviving and becoming powerful at high percents. Endure is for the survival part, allowing Pichu to survive otherwise fatal attacks as Pichu's own damage starts to get high, partly thanks to self-damage. Though, it is super armor not intangibility, so this will be another increase to damage. Then, at high percents, Flail becomes extremely powerful. The higher Pichu's damage, the stronger side B becomes.

The spriter of this character iirc brought this stuff up in the melee Pichu boards and got ideas from them on what could be done with Pichu's moveset.

Thessbmzocker

Smash Apprentice
Pichu was given two new specials as a compliment to self-damaging, based around surviving and becoming powerful at high percents. Endure is for the survival part, allowing Pichu to survive otherwise fatal attacks as Pichu's own damage starts to get high, partly thanks to self-damage. Though, it is super armor not intangibility, so this will be another increase to damage. Then, at high percents, Flail becomes extremely powerful. The higher Pichu's damage, the stronger side B becomes.

The spriter of this character iirc brought this stuff up in the melee Pichu boards and got ideas from them on what could be done with Pichu's moveset.
Ah ok.

Well I did say I'd make the sprites myself if I had to~ I aint bluffin'
And that sprite doesn't even look bad at all :o 9/10 would like to have in the game. why 9/10? well, i don't like the character that much to be honest. But awesome sprite nontheless...

Top Bottom