• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Brothers Crusade - v0.9.0 Demo Available for download!

kylexv

Smash Master
Okay, forgive me if I'm being a moron, but I'm hearing people talking about playing as Pac-Man, Little Mac, Roy, Pichu, Weegee, etc., but I don't have them on my game. Am I using and old version, or were they exclusive to some event, unlockables, upcoming, or what?

Thanks for dealing with my unawareness.
Pac-Man and Little Mac. Pac-Man and Little Mac will be playable in the next version probably. You can play as Pichu in the v 0.9 test version by selecting Pikachu and clicking the top right box. Weegee has been playable since v0.8 using the same method but instead selecting Luigi. I know nothing about Roy.

Last edited:

Yams

Smash Journeyman
Pac-Man and Little Mac. Pac-Man and Little Mac will be playable in the next version probably. You can play as Pichu in the v 0.9 test version by selecting Pikachu and clicking the top right box. Weegee has been playable since v0.8 using the same method but instead selecting Luigi. I know nothing about Roy.
Oh, okay. Thanks a lot!

Yams

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for double post, but another question I have is why, in a 6 player match with one human and 5 CPUS, does one of the CPUs lock on to you and hardly fight anyone else. It's hard to have a big group fight when one CPU is always out to get you.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Of the characters you mentioned, Pac Man and Little Mac have been shown at public events such as APEX and will be playable when the newest version is released. Pichu and Weegee are playable in the most recent public demo (0.9 Test).

The AI is still being reworked; it is one of our highest priorities for the upcoming demo.

Last edited:

Yams

Smash Journeyman
Of the characters you mentioned, Pac Man and Little Mac have been shown at public events such as APEX and will be playable when the newest version is released. Pichu and Weegee are playable in the most recent public demo (0.9 Test).

The AI is still being reworked; it is one of our highest priorities for the upcoming demo.
Hey, thanks a lot for replying! I'm looking forward to that new AI :)

Sentry

Smash Rookie
I pretty much exceed the system requirements. So why do when I play the v.9 test demo, it keeps shutting my computer down for overheating? Is that just a problem with the test demo?

NeonS4

Smash Cadet
NNID
NeonS5
3DS FC
3351-4072-5555
This game is pretty fun, and I've been following the dojo updates for the demo 0.9 and it looks really good!
I am a little bit confused, is Shaymin a character or Pokéball? I hope he is a character... his my favourite Pokémon!
But CPU level 10 is not very fun to play against as they can predict your moves...

I wanted to ask does anyone know when demo 0.9 is coming out? I remember seeing somewhere saying December 2013 but
that dates past... And I checked the forums but there is nothing talking about the release date.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
I pretty much exceed the system requirements. So why do when I play the v.9 test demo, it keeps shutting my computer down for overheating? Is that just a problem with the test demo?
If your computer is overheating when you play Crusade and this thread isn't full of panic of apocalyptic proportions, it's probably safe to say that the problem is on your end.

Last edited:

4nace

Smash Ace
If your computer is overheating when you play Crusade and this thread isn't full of panic of apocalyptic proportions, it's probably safe to say that the problem is on your end.
Game Maker does do some wacky perf things to certain machines. I had people complaining about performance issues in smash land on high end machines and that game is less than 20mbs.

-Dan

Dustination

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dustination
3DS FC
5215-1019-9015
I wanted to ask does anyone know when demo 0.9 is coming out? I remember seeing somewhere saying December 2013 but
that dates past... And I checked the forums but there is nothing talking about the release date.
There is no confirmed release date for the full version, sorry.

Last edited:

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
Dude, that dog gif is AWESOME!

Anyway, on topic, I can't really give a review for Super Smash Bros Crusade because it never loads on my computer. I am very impressed by the roster of characters, but some of the sprites could probably use a little work. I don't understand why huge projects like this solely restrict themselves to video game characters though. I would love to see some more 4th party characters other than Goku, who's already appeared in every other Smash Bros fangame. Weegee was a cool addition though! :)

I can't say I'm a particul;arly big fan of the MUGEN-esque combo system, but I guess it's a nice touch. The artwork on the wikis could definitely use some work, though. But I understand that with so many characters, it can be hard to fill in so many details.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
CTF in Crusade 0.9

Number of players: 2 - 6
Number of teams: 2
Each team has a flag (Red/Blue). Teams try to steal the opponent(s)' flag and get it to their own base.

Big and medium/big maps are used for the gamemode. Temple[big] and Hyrule Castle[med/big] are good examples.
(Or maybe there should be 1 to 3 stages created solely for the gamemode? In that case, I've got good ideas for CTF-maps.)

Pick up the enemy flag like you pick up items.
If you are hit and sent flying you run the risk of dropping the ememy flag, especially when hit by a strong attack, or when you're at a high %.

The flags are heavy, so weaker and/or faster characters suffers a greater speed-penality than characters like Bowser, when carrying the flag.
(!! Or, the speed when carrying the flag is set/equal for all characters.)

Some B moves, like Fox Illusion, also makes you drop the enemy flag.

If you pick up your own flag when it's lying on the ground, it is teleported back to your base.

When holding the flag, it is carried on the character's back, so you'll be able to fight like you weren't holding any item, and even pick up other items while carrying the flag.

All players have infinite lives, but when you're knocked out, you'll have to wait for a set period of time before you're allowed to respawn at your base.

You cannot score a point if your own flag isn't at your base.

Win by capturing the set amout of flag captures, or by having the most captures when the time-limit is reached.

Teamwork and strategy is key is this gamemode, and it would surely get its very own tier-list, which is interesting and fun.
How will you play? One defending and one attacking, or will you both go all out, leaving your own flag unprotected? (3vs3 would be even more interesting) :cheers:

The flags doesn't necessarily have to be flags - they could be Golden Mushrooms or something.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Pretty neat idea. Can't wait to try it

Just a random question, will v0.9 have all (or most) of the game modes that appeared in v0.8 but were absent in v0.9 test?

Dustination

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dustination
3DS FC
5215-1019-9015
Pretty neat idea. Can't wait to try it

Just a random question, will v0.9 have all (or most) of the game modes that appeared in v0.8 but were absent in v0.9 test?
Just want to clarify that the game mode Z1GMA posted about is a fan-made suggestion and not officially planned for 0.9.
Most of the missing modes will be returning, including Classic, etc.

MunchyMunch

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MushroomMuncher
So are the developers going to try and add in all the characters that are in all the console games? Like Roy, Rosalina, Dr. Mario, Young Link, etc. Because that would be awesome.

cj.

Smash Journeyman
developers said that they would be all veterans

Last edited:

Dustination

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dustination
3DS FC
5215-1019-9015
developers said that they would be all veterans
Since the disbandment of the community project anything you remember about the roster has become obsolete.
At this point you might as well assume you know nothing.

Dustination

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dustination
3DS FC
5215-1019-9015
The team behind Crusade disbanded?!
For a long time information about the game was kept open and anybody could contribute.
Now it is quite the opposite, as development is being kept behind closed doors.
The team has not disbanded, no.

Dustination

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dustination
3DS FC
5215-1019-9015
Those of you who don't follow the Facebook page or forum directly are probably missing out on the "dojo" updates, so I guess they should be posted here as well.
The dojo is updated every Friday, showcasing content such as new mechanics, music, characters, stages, just updates in general. if you'd like to see the archives of such posts they can be found here:
http://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/f9-developer-blog

0.9 Dojo update 16 V 2014

After seeing Pac-Man make his Crusade debut, you may have seen this one coming! Introducing Pac-Man's home stage: The Maze! It is a battleground that should be quite familiar to ANY video game player!

The classic maze that is home to Pac-Man, the ghost, and decades of memories!

Along with this iconic location comes the equally iconic enemies of the Munch-Master; The Ghosts! Inky, Blinky, Pinky and Clyde all show up here as well. They reside in the main platform on the bottom.

Gooey: "Hey guys, let me in! I'm a ghost too, honest!"

The Ghosts will act the same way they do in the original Pac-Man game. They will travel around the stage, knocking into any player in their way.

Oh, did you think you could return home safe and sound, Clyde? Guess again! No ghost is safe when Pac is on the job!

Huh?! No, wait Pac-Man! Those aren't Ghosts!! By the way, did you happen to notice the background? More mazes! That one is not accessible, though. It is just for show.

See you next week for another dojo update!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I couldn't see the ghosts in detail on Facebook, but man, those look nice. It'll almost make me feel bad for trying to kill them. Almost.

I like how the original maze is in the background. kinda like ye olde Q*Bert stage, and the even older pre 0.8 Cutman's Arena. How did I remember that stage existed?

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
Personally, I think the mugshot art needs a lot of re-working as a whole. If I may, I can point out someone who'd be right for the job for remaking the artwork, should you need it.

Other than that, I think the game is very splendid in gameplay and hopefully, I get to see a lot of characters, stages and modes in this.

Dustination

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dustination
3DS FC
5215-1019-9015
0.9 Dojo Update 23 V 2014

Mmmm, something smells nice! Sugary sweet, like... honey? Are these Honeycombs? Yes, they ARE Honeycombs! But, what are they doing just lying around on the ground? Where did they come from?

Oh, that's where they came from! The Beehive from the classic Banjo Kazooie games debuts as an item in Super Smash Bros. Crusade! Look at how big these hives are! Their layers bounce up and down and they have a big set of eyes on top of them. Such charm is a staple of these classic Rare titles!

This must look like an absolutely terrible idea. What kind of fool would pick up an active beehive? Well, worry not. These Beehives work like any other heavy item. You're able to pick them up, and even throw them! While that seems like an even WORSE idea, you might find that it isn't...

...for YOU, anyway! If the thrown Beehive strikes an opponent, they'll be swarmed with an army of angry BEES, constantly stinging and causing the opponent to receive steady damage. It looks like Klonoa had quite the bone to pick with Ridley; no one should wish such a fate upon their enemies!

Oh, and don't try to run away. The bees will follow you wherever you go, until they decide to leave on their own terms.

When the Beehive is broken, don't forget to collect the treasures inside! As mentioned before, the Honeycombs will emerge from the hive once it has been destroyed, and they restore health! There's usually plenty to go around, but in the heat of battle, sharing isn't usually an option.

Last edited:

Dustination

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dustination
3DS FC
5215-1019-9015
0.9 Dojo update 6 VI 2014

Satsui no Hado!

We all knew Ryu had a dark side... Fueled by anger and the desire to be the strongest fighter in the world, Ryu with the Surge of Murderous Intent is awakened! Evil Ryu has been resprited, ready and raring to go!

Will Ryu be able to take on his dark side? Just look at that dark aura emanating from him... If anything, he's definitely threatening. Like before, Ryu and Evil Ryu have different movesets. However, with these new sprites also come some dastardly new techniques!

This is one of Evil Ryu's alternate outfits: Violent Ken! Here we see him decimating Crash Bandicoot with the Kongou Kokuretsuzan (AKA Vajra Province Rending Slash), which is his new Down Smash! Just look at the power behind that punch! While Ryu relies on focus and precision, Evil Ryu cares only for violence and destruction.

Evil Ryu not only had tweaks to his standard attacks, he also had tweaks to his special moves! His Side Special is now the Ashura Senku, which allows him to float ominously past any attack, like a special dodge maneuver.

After hovering past the enemy (hold Special to pass), Evil Ryu will follow up with a dastardly punch to the backside, Oni's Rakan Dantojin! By releasing the Special button early, you can even choose to attack from the front, though this leaves you more open to be attacked first. I'm sure Bowser didn't see this coming, he's too busy fighting portly plumbers all the time!

Despite their differences, Evil Ryu manages to keep a few maneuvers from Ryu in his arsenal, such as the Focus Attack! Just like Ryu, this is his Down Special and can be charged up for a powerful stun punch. If attacked while charging, Evil Ryu will perform the stun punch after tanking the hit!

Uh oh, Ryu and Ken are in trouble! Is that Oni, Akuma's ultimate transformation? ... Nah, it's just one of Evil Ryu's alternate outfits! It's not like Evil Ryu needed to look even more evil to be taken seriously though. He's a force to be reckoned with no matter what!

Being showcased here is an attack in ACTION, a new Down Air! This attack is known as the Misogi. Evil Ryu will plummet to the ground and SMASH the opponent into the dirt, unleashing a huge explosion! A powerful move indeed! Be careful not to do it when there isn't dirt to smash into below, though...

And finally, we showcase Evil Ryu's combo ability! Here, Evil Ryu utilizes his aerial Double Hadoken, EX Shoryuken, new Down Special with a cancel (something well known within the Street Fighter games), and his new Up Smash, Ryusokyaku! This isn't the only possible combo either. Like the other Street Fighter characters, combos will be prevalent throughout their movesets through direct attack cancels! Try everything and see what you can accomplish!

Tune in every week for more updates!

Thessbmzocker

Smash Apprentice
Isn't that funny? First SSF has Sonic before Nintendo announces him as a fighter in brawl, now crusade has Pac-Man and Nintendo just announced that Pac-Man will be a fighter in ssb4 :D sooo, namco bandai got their character, although it was first said, that just because they co-develope the game doesn't mean they get a character... funny how things turn out, right? Now the mascot battle is on: Mario, Sonic, Megaman and Pac-Man. :D What are your thoughts about this?

Dustination

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dustination
3DS FC
5215-1019-9015
0.9 Dojo update 13 VI 2014

Suit of Armor!!!

Resembling a computer or television monitor, the Shield Monitor debuts in Crusade. This item is designed after its appearances in the classic Sonic the Hedgehog games.

Unlike the typical television monitor that loses signal and results in a static screen, this iconic monitor will not disappoint; it has its benefits. The expression on Sonic's face hints to us that we should stay tuned to find out what the rewards are for picking up this item.

Known for having a timid personality, Tails will now feel safe and secure when he picks up the Shield Monitor. Once you grab or hit a one, you will be protected from taking damage or knockback. Tails shouldn't get too comfortable, because this item only lasts a short period of time. Maybe he should consider some other solution to get over his many fears.

The Shield Monitor doesn't discriminate the holder, no matter how strong or weak they are. Everyone will feel equally protected from any damage or knockback. However, time limit is not the only con of this item. The amount of damage the shield absorbs also determines how long you will be in possession of the Shield Monitor. How many Evil Ryu kicks will it take to get to the center of the Shield Monitor?

Those who like to roam freely around the stage will be pleased to know that the Shield Monitor remains on the base of the character's body frame. No matter how fast you go or where you go, you will stay protected. Nothing beats mobile security, isn't that right Shadow?

Do you want to be a bit more tactical with the Shield Monitor? Don't worry, you can pick up the item over your head to be more strategic. You can throw it above yourself as well as below you when you're ready. In Team Battle, you can throw the item left or right to your partner so that the shield is activated on them instead. However, when holding the item, be careful not to hold on it for too long in case an enemy hits the item before you use it. If an enemy hit it while you are holding it, they will possess the shield. Think fast, Snivy!

Tune in every week for more updates!

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
These updates are making me want the next demo even more.

I also find if funny that SSB Crusade has had customizable moves for characters before Sakurai revealed same thing for the Nintendo 3DS & Wii U Smash games (sure, it's just the Street Fighter character's Final Smash only but you get the idea).

Just curious, how long has Super Smash Bros. Crusade been in development (including the time it was in the hands of Falcon8r, Dr.MarioX, & Phantom7)?

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
These updates are making me want the next demo even more.

I also find if funny that SSB Crusade has had customizable moves for characters before Sakurai revealed same thing for the Nintendo 3DS & Wii U Smash games (sure, it's just the Street Fighter character's Final Smash only but you get the idea).

Just curious, how long has Super Smash Bros. Crusade been in development (including the time it was in the hands of Falcon8r, Dr.MarioX, & Phantom7)?
And then the Cuccos were in Super Smash Flash 2...

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Attack on Titan Is coming to Us So why not add Eren ? It Might Make More People Come a Download and U Make Some $$$ :) Just Asking tho..........
I'm pretty sure they can't make money off this game, but I'd definitely enjoy seeing Eren in one of these games.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Project Crusade can't make money off this game otherwise Nintendo will have the power to shut down the project.

Also, Project Crusade has stated that Goku will be the only playable anime character so Eren's chances are non-existent.

Last edited:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Project Crusade can't make money off this game otherwise Nintendo will have the power to shut down the project.

Also, Project Crusade has stated that Goku will be the only playable anime character so Eren's chances are non-existent.
A shame, maybe in SSF2.

Wait, I have my own fan game.

Dustination

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dustination
3DS FC
5215-1019-9015
0.9 Dojo Update 20 VI 2014
Power Up!!!

Ryu isn't the only Capcom fighter who's been revamped! How could we forget the Blue Bomber, Mega Man?! This super fighting robot has gotten a resprite, and something he's needed probably more than anyone else so far; A moveset revamp!

The Leaf Shield is now Mega Man's Down Special, and Tornado Hold is now his Side Special! These moves work just like they did on the old Mega Man, but the Weapon Swap is no longer needed to use them! Hopefully this will allow the player to use these moves more to their advantage, not having to waste time swapping moves.

Here's Mega Man using his classic Slide Kick attack on the Mega Ball! The 'Rock Ball' was originally one of his Weapon Swap attacks, but it has been swapped with the Mega Ball (which works the same way) and will spawn from Mega Man's Up Throw instead of a Special Move. An item spawning from a throw?! How unorthodox! Don't over-think it Phoenix, or you'll have a face full of pain before you know it.

Now then, we did mention a revamped moveset, right? Here, we have some moves taken from Mega Man's appearance in Super Smash Bros for Wii U/3DS! His Down Smash and his Forward Air have been altered, as you can see demonstrated here!

However, not all moves taken from Smash 4 work exactly like they were shown in the game. Some of them have been re-thought for Crusade! For example, Rush still makes his appearance, but he functions a bit differently...

Mega Mans Buster has been massively reworked as well! First off, of course he charge up his shot to fire a big blast of energy that's nearly unstoppable. Evil Ryu can't possibly think he can beat out a blast of that size, can he? He can also run, jump and shoot with his Neutral Special just like in the old Mega Man games! You can't have Mega Man without that, can you? He's the Jump n' Shoot man, as they say!

Basically, Mega Mans entire moveset has been changed, so you can try everything out and see what you think! All in all, he has become quite a projectile-based character, which suits him quite well. He doesn't even need to be near the enemy to lay the smackdown! There's a lot more to him now than there was before, so he should definitely be a more enjoyable character to use!

Tune in every Friday for more updates!

Top Bottom