• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros Warzone Stop Motion Trailer

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Many people have taken their passions and applied them to Super Smash bros to create something unique. Moonshine Animations has done just this making a trailer for a new stop motion series "starring the heroes of the Super Smash Bros universe finding themselves in a dark and vicious new world." Super Smash Bros Warzone is set to be their first web-series and its trailer is shown below

Enjoy the trailer? Excited to see more? Let us know in the comments below and stay tuned to Smashboards for other interesting fan-made creations for Smash!

SmashCapps found this interesting and is amazed by how much hard work must have gone into it. To keep up with his own projects be sure to follow him on Twitter.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Calling it Smash Bros seems like a random attention grab to me since the majority of the characters in that trailer were just anime chicks with guns and what not, rather than Smash Bros characters. I mean, it's a stop motion with figures, you don't have to name it after an existing crossover series, be a bit more creative with the concept. At the end of the day, playing with your toys doesn't have to be "LE EPIC CROSSOVER SERIES".

Other than that though, this looks very impressive. Also makes me even more tempted to get that Sonic Nendoroid. It's been on my mind for the last few weeks.

But why did they hafta do that to poor Luigi? :(

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
Alright, that was pretty good stop-motion animation. Though, 2 seconds in I see Hatsune Miku and I get this uncomfortable, fan-made feeling...

TheFadedWarrior

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MortifiedPanda
I have to be honest, I've never really liked Smash Bros. stop motion fan videos. On the other hand, this obviously isn't some random 8 year old with a couple Mario toys.

But why, WHY, did they have to put anime characters and Hatsune Miku in it? What relation do they have to Smash Bros. at all?

D

Deleted member

Calling it Smash Bros seems like a random attention grab to me since the majority of the characters in that trailer were just anime chicks with guns and what not, rather than Smash Bros characters. I mean, it's a stop motion with figures, you don't have to name it after an existing crossover series, be a bit more creative with the concept. At the end of the day, playing with your toys doesn't have to be "LE EPIC CROSSOVER SERIES".

Other than that though, this looks very impressive. Also makes me even more tempted to get that Sonic Nendoroid. It's been on my mind for the last few weeks.

But why did they hafta do that to poor Luigi? :(
I couldn't agree more. It looks good regardless though.

ThirdDay

Smash Apprentice
NNID
toastyost
3DS FC
1934-1050-5329
The animation is great! But like a lot of other people are saying, they should have ONLY smash bros characters. The "anime" characters have no relation whatsoever to the Smash Bros. Series.

Last edited:

ლ(╹◡╹ლ)

Banned via Warnings
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

instantly closed smashboards once the weeb **** popped up

Dokokashira

Smash Journeyman
That Sonic figure is creepy... it has the proportions of Classic Sonic, but the color and eyes of Modern Sonic. They don't really mesh well. :s

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
All I got from the little bits I skipped over:

There, I summarized it for all of you.

Solutionme

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolutionMe
I think it was good stop-motion work, but putting in some of the most annoying, weeaboo anime vocaloid characters next to video game characters is a bit of an insult imo. Also this may seem hypocritical since I'm into FE, the thing is, I was into FE before it started going somewhat weeaboo and turned into a waifu selecter.

Edit: At least Guts was there, or I assume it was Guts form Berserk.

Last edited:

73V3N

Smash Rookie
I'd watch this if there was no weeb stuff in it. The stopmotion itself is very good and the concept of the series would be very interesting if it actually included characters in relation to smash bros. Like they could have done a heros teamup vs villains teamup which would have made much more sense. However, including the weeb characters and the smash characters together in one thing and calling it "smash bros" is a great technique to catch the attention of both fandoms and create a huge following of the series. But, the weeb characters inclusion in a "smash bros" fan production does great injustice to smash as a whole, allowing its name to be thrown around and used loosely for characters that have no relation whatsoever! What makes this even more annoying is that this series will make some think that it is ok to do crossovers like this and hail it as being a great accomplishment even though it does a disservice to the many in the smash bros community that don't like this stuff, and to smash as a whole because it disrespects the game's original concept.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Accurate representation of Smash 5's roster.

With all the anime pretty boys in this game, it'll only be a matter of time before they become sentient.

Zad

Smash Apprentice
This would be better if they didn't include the non smash related characters

Last edited:

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
It's gonna be about characters that appeared in Super Smash Bros. entering the dark and scary world of anime.

Nice stop-motion though.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
Falcon is anime
He's a video game character that happens to have an anime. That's like saying that Sonic is a comic book character.

--------

Nice stop motion. I wish it was more of a "Smash Bros. stop motion" though, as many people have said here. It's the same issue a lot of people have with Subspace, really. And that Falcon gif is amazing.

Crimson Ace

Smash Cadet
NNID
BlackestKnight
3DS FC
2681-0941-8621
Nice vid a lot of effort must have been put into it, but DK and Falcon are missing :^)

Szion

Smash Journeyman
liked it but why was every character intro capt save-a-hoe

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
He's a video game character that happens to have an anime. That's like saying that Sonic is a comic book character.

--------

Nice stop motion. I wish it was more of a "Smash Bros. stop motion" though, as many people have said here. It's the same issue a lot of people have with Subspace, really. And that Falcon gif is amazing.
He's more anime than Shulk

Top Bottom