• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros Headcanons

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
Dear god.. how is this thread still a thing? -.-;because of awkward zombie I can't not see smash marth as being snooty and Roy being a annoying little gremlin.:4mewtwo: wants to destroy masterhand for the insult of leaving the world's strongest pokemon out of the tourney last time. A bloodknight who seeks worthy opponents. He intentionally holds his great power back to make things fair.:4metaknight: the galaxia was broken in half when he got jumped by the entire brawl roster out of infuriation towards his god tier status in that game.:4pikachu: is melee pichuSmash itself started initially with masterhand ripping the fghters from their home dimension in order to seek out the strongest for its own nefarious purposes. nobody had any memory of 64 so he tried again in melee. after failing a second time he realized he enjoyed the "game" of the tournament enough to make it a annual event for its own sake.

Last edited:

Zethoro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zethor
You. Yes you. You are my favorite.

Among late registrations of Smashers, Roy, Ryu, Lucas, and a few more were chosen or are awaiting confirmation/dis information. They are staying in the new guest wing of Smash Dormitory Tower past Cinema #1 until further arrangements are made. Little Mac is ecstatic to train with Ryu and his girlfriend, WiiFit Trainer, has made a few (quite hilarious) jokes on the subject.
Glad to be of service.

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
:4wiifit: and :4wiifitm: are artificial lifeforms created by and for the Wii Fit company to act as selectable fitness trainers for their Mii clients. They know nothing about the outside world, have no real names (Just serial numbers.), and their only skills are how to instruct and exercise, explaining how they act in battle. The Hands sent a request to the Wii Fit company to have :4wiifit: be a combatant in the Super Smash Bros. Interdimensionals, accompanied by one of the animated Wii Balance Board units for it's better understanding of humanity, and to get her to think she's training. Her inexperience with socialization and lack of understanding human emotion leads to awkward interactions with the other fighters, but as time has gone on, she's slowly learned more about these concepts, especially from :4villager: and :rosalina:, respectively. (My other mains, woohoo.)

Yeah, I just kind of gave the female trainer model from Wii Fit character development. :b:

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
Lemme drop a couple of my personal favorites that I came up with (warning: huge amount of text)

-The first smash brothers tournament was the first time the original 12 met, when each were invited to participate in a tournament, promising immense glory for the winner. However, although they fought each other on a day-to-day basis, they grew into somewhat of an oddball family. They came to enjoy each other’s company so much that they decided to continue the tradition every couple years.

-Kirby was just starting to learn english by the time the first smash bros tournament came around, and so people had trouble understanding him initially, but he eventually got a grasp on simple sentences, so he was marginally easier to understand.

-Kirby had a crush on Jigglypuff, but couldn’t effectively communicate it to her. Their conversations often ended up going like this:

“Jigglypuff pretty! Jigglypuff be friend?”

“Jigglypuff!”
“Not understand!”
“Jigglypuff!”

Eventually, after someone invented a translator for the characters who couldn’t speak english, the two had an easier time talking and eventually hit it off by the time Brawl came around. The thing that finally won Jigglypuff over was Kirby filling the smash manor pool with raspberry jell-o on valentine’s day. And the two spent a night in the ER because they kept coughing up what looked to be blood but they were too stuffed to explain what it actually was. Kirby kept trying to convince Meta Knight to do his tornado move in the middle of the pool to stir the Jell-O, and the conversation went something like this:

“C’mooooooon! It’ll be super cool!

“Kirby, for the last time, NO!”

-On that note, I have the headcanon that Kirby and Meta Knight share a very father and son type relationship (it has to do with my overall headcanon for the Kirby series that Meta Knigh is Kirby's foster father: In short, MK took Kirby in when Kirby was a baby and raised him and trained him, and a lot of their fights are secret tests of character for Kirby on MK's part, not taking Revenge of Meta Knight into canon)

- The reason Bomberman didn’t show up in SSB4 is because he had another commitment-He was the lead in an off-broadway production of Phantom Of The Opera

- Adeline from Kirby 64 is the one who makes all the display trophies

-Megaman jokingly taunts Pit by adding “-Mega” to the beginning of some words, and Pit counters by adding “-Icus” to the end of some words. Both vouch for Simon Belmont to show up.

-At some point, Kevin Keene (the protagonist of Captain N) made a Mii fighter so that he could see the old gang again, but from a safe distance this time. Pit, Megaman, Link, and Samus are glad to see him back and they often chat about the ‘good old days’.

- Pac-Man, Mario, Game and Watch, and the two pong guys were all friends in college and did a lot of stupid ****:

“C’mon, Mars! Skateboarding near this volcano ain’t gonna get us hurt!”

“Isn’t that-a what you said about the time you suggested we become Ghostbusters Pac-Man?”

“...Okay, Fair.”

-On that note, Pac-Man and Game And Watch have really mundane first names (Jerry Pacman and Greg Gameandwatch). and the two can often be heard chanting “Alpha house rules! Alpha house rules!” and nobody outside of Mario knows what they’re talking about.

-Villager scares Wario. He’s all like, “What’s with that stare, kid? C’mon....You’re really creepin’ me out! STOP LOOKING AT MY SOUL!”

-Mac’s still sensitive about his time as an assist trophy, seeing it as the “one time he wasn’t good enough for the big leagues”. Bowser taunted him mercilessly by calling him “Trophy boy”...Until Mac hit him in the balls with his B neutral special at its highest frequency. Mac then retaliated by taunting Bowser mercilessly about how he’s “Probably not going to have any more Koopa kids running around any time soon”.

-The Subspace Emissary is still a touchy subject for R.O.B, kind of like how New York was for Tony in Iron Man 3.

-The Assist Trophies threw Mac a party, due to his “Graduation” to full-on fighter.

-Pac-Man, the first time he met Pit, sobbed out confessions for at least half an hour because he thought the rapture had finally come.

“I’M SORRY ABOUT THE TIME I BROKE MY MOM’S VASE AND BLAMED IT ON MY BROTHER!!!”

“Um...You realize I’m not that kind of angel, right?”

“AND I’M SORRY ABOUT THE-Wait, what?”

-Pit eventually learned how to read in his downtime, due to Samus pointing out that “For ****’s sake, even the puffball can read!”. And Kirby then proceeds to recite the entire Hamlet monologue from memory (That was the first thing he read, mostly because the word Ham was in the title)

-Pac-Man’s sort of like the class clown of the newcomers, always got some wisecrack, some lame pun, etc. but he’s still a nice guy

-Palutena and Rosalina have a close relationship

-Little Mac has a crush on the female Wii Fit Trainer, but at the same time, female Wii Fit Trainer thinks Mac is cute, but neither have expressed their feeling to each other.

-Doctor Mario often talks like a mad scientist, even when doing something mundane.

“Hey Doc, you know you’ve got a match, ri-”

“NOT NOW, FALCON! I’M MAKING…” *Toaster goes off*
“TOAST! IT’S ALIVE! IT’S ALIIIIIIVE!! AHAHAHHAHA!”

“...I’m going to walk away now.”

But despite this, he’s still a really good doctor.

-The Male Wii Fit Trainer acts like a really campy male cheerleader, insisting that everyone in his training class ‘Show that Smash Brothers Spirit, people!’

- Charizard is the same one that Red had back in Brawl. The reason he’s separated from Red is because,at one point, Charizard began to long for the freedom that comes with living in the wild, and Red reluctantly decided to let him go and live his life. However, Charizard had no idea how to defend himself without a trainer, having been raised by Red since he was a Charmander, So Lucario directed him to a close ally of his that could teach him to fight on his own: Greninja. Greninja and Charizard share a somewhat close relationship, and both are glad to fight alongside one another in the Smash tournament.

- Greninja has a tendency to spout out sayings that sound wise and mysterious, but end up sounding like nonsense. Most people think he either doesn’t know what he’s talking about/understands what any of it means or the translator device he has is malfunctioning and trying desperately to interpret what he’s saying.

- On that note, the characters that don’t speak english are given a device that translates what they’re saying so that the other people in the Smash mansion can understand them.

-Master Hand was the one who organized the first smash brothers tournament, but he gradually began to take a more and more ‘hands-off’ approach and let the Smashers have more control over the event while he and Crazy Hand recovered from the events of the SSE. Master Hand talks and acts like a very posh british gentleman and sounds like Patrick Stewart.

Crazy Hand is his annoying younger brother, tends to be prone to fits of hyperactivity and overexcitement. Don’t let him have candy. His voice is more high-pitched and manic, and when he talks, he often sounds like he’s holding back laughter, like he’s got the perfect dirty joke but doesn’t want to say it out loud. He sounds like Martin Short. The only reason he got into the game is because he wouldn’t stop begging Master Hand if he could show up.

-Pac-Man and Luigi have a somewhat close friendship, due to Luigi seeing Pac-Man as somewhat of an idol and looks to him for ghostbusting tips. Pac-Man is incredibly flattered that Luigi thinks of him as “one of the best in the world” and insists that when the tournament is over, Luigi drop by Pac-Land and meet Pac’s family.

-Palutena insists on getting Rosalina to come out of her shell, as Rosalina is incredibly shy around the other newcomers.

-Dedede likes to think of himself as a ‘ladies man’, and insists that “all the ladies squee squee squee for Dedede!”

-Dark Pit is very much a loner, and upon arrival at the manor, was very much against the idea of trying to connect with his fellow smashers, insisting that he “didn’t play well with others”. Despite this, Kirby’s determined to become his friend, just like he has with most other people in the Smash Mansion. A lot of shouting and property damage occurs when the two attempt to interact.

-Mewtwo and Dark Pit tend to get along alright, due to them viewing most of the other smashers as ‘imbeciles’ and ‘annoyances’.

-Ness is overjoyed to have Lucas back. Lucas, likewise, is overjoyed to be be back

-Female WFT’s real name is Jennifer, and Male WFT’s name is Nathan.

-Kirby tries desperately to be everyone’s friend, even to the bad guys like Bowser and Ganondorf. This gets Meta Knight and Jigglypuff worried for his safety sometimes

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
Anything that is born in the Smash World is native to there, and as a result, can't travel to the world of either parent (parents from different series also cannot move to each others dimensions). As a result, Master Hand makes it such that, when in the Smash World, the characters are unable to make love (that's as far as I'm going with this idea). Some Smashers are not happy with this.

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
I also really like the idea of Mewtwo and Meta Knight having a sort of begrudging respect for one another. Meta Knight respects Mewtwo for having somewhat noble goals and the power and drive to put them into action, and likewise, while Mewtwo knows Meta Knight is nowhere near his power level, he's still capable of bouncing back from almost anything and being relentless in the pursuit of his goals, sort of like how Darkseid has a degree of respect for Batman.

I can also easily see one of the younger pokemon (like Pikachu or Jigglypuff) being Mewtwo's morality chain, and Kirby being Meta Knight's morality chain.

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Hmm, OK. Here's a generally quick one.

Kirby is pretty much the nicest guy in the Smash world that you can meet, and is generally nice to everyone, even villains. However, there is one person that this doesn't apply to. Kirby can't stand Pit at all. The usually nice puffball becomes mean, aggressive, and crass towards the angel whenever they are in the same room. He can be nicely talking to a fellow smasher, and can turn around and act mean spirited towards Pit right after, than turn back around and continue talking nicely to the previous smasher. No one understands why Kirby is this mean and hateful towards Pit.

Anyone want to guess where this one came from?

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
Hmm, OK. Here's a generally quick one.

Kirby is pretty much the nicest guy in the Smash world that you can meet, and is generally nice to everyone, even villains. However, there is one person that this doesn't apply to. Kirby can't stand Pit at all. The usually nice puffball becomes mean, aggressive, and crass towards the angel whenever they are in the same room. He can be nicely talking to a fellow smasher, and can turn around and act mean spirited towards Pit right after, than turn back around and continue talking nicely to the previous smasher. No one understands why Kirby is this mean and hateful towards Pit.

Anyone want to guess where this one came from?
Kids trying to play favotites for Daddy Sakurai?

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
Outside of Super Smash Bros., Mario films and stars in what is the Mario Kart version of the Fast and Furious series. Other characters such as Captain Falcon and Link have made guest appearances.

WhyteMage

Smash Rookie
Mewtwo returning has had some major changes happen in the smashers.

Ganondorf is ecstatic to have his friend back. Mewtwo hardly recognised him due to how Ganondorf had aged and become much, MUCH, buffer. The first night Mewtwo returned, Ganondorf took him out for a few quiet drinks (their idea of a good time) and they regailed each other with tales of their lives between Melee and Smash 4. Link and Zelda were surprised and a bit terrified when they saw Ganondorf's cheer.

Pikachu was happy to see him again, Mewtwo picked up quickly that it was Pichu, who had evolved.

Palutena and Rosalina were rather on edge. Another incredibly powerful fighter had appeared. Palutena was nervous, although she hid it well. She didn't want another Chaos Kin incident to happen, and Rosalina was determined to protect her friend. Rosalina confronted Mewtwo after a few days, and was surprised to find he was actually quite laid back. After a few days, she introduced Mewtwo to Palutena, who, despite her scars, did make friends with him.

Mewtwo was intrigued by Robin. Mewtwo could sense the strength of Robin's mind, and when he attempted to do a little investigation, found that not only was Robin's mind well shielded, Robin turned and stared straight at him. The two got to talking, and Mewtwo apologised for his curiousity getting the better of him as Robin explained to him about his life as a tactician and his fight against Grima. Many of the smashers are eagerly awaiting the two super minds to fight.

SmashorCrash00

Smash Cadet
:4sonic: is a good storyteller, He tells stories from his past games, Such as Generations, Colors, etc. :rosalina: is actually impressed.
:4sonic: is also good friends with the FE cast, to the point of telling the book called: Sonic and the Black Knight.

FancySmash

Smash Lord
The smashers are aware of this website, They are disgusted by the ships made on the page.
Is this their reaction?

Kids trying to play favotites for Daddy Sakurai?
I'd say that pretty much sums it up to a T. I've been wondering (if they were real) what Kirby's opinion towards Pit would be after Sakurai dropped him and took up Kid Icarus.

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
I am in the mood for some headcanons. It's been a few months, huh.
This time, I'll do the last Mario series and R.O.B. bios. As well as birthdates and Myers-Briggs personalities for all characters I've done so far just for fun.

:4iggy:Iggy
Iggy is the middle child of the Koopalings and a total genius, but he's also extremely hyper. You seriously don't want to give him too much sugar. Just don't. Please.

He is great at engineering and actually made Junior getting interested in it, but he's way to excentric to make anything that would actually be of practical use most of the time, which is why Master Hand thought it would be a horrible idea to put Iggy on the engineering team. He is a great cook, however. His meals are prepared with the weirdest ingredients, but the shocking thing is that they acually taste well. As for his hobbies, he is constantly experimenting with stuff and you never have an idea what exactly happens next with him. At least he pretty much never gets bored. The one thing he does on a frequent basis is scientific research, however, not one person, aside from Palutena for some reason, can understand it, and she teases the others by not telling if it's actually of use. In the Koopaling band, he plays brass instruments.

Interestingly enough, he's frequently seen caring about the Duck Hunt Dog. While the two seem to get along well, the duck is kinda iffy about him. Otherwise, he is mostly only seen with his siblings.

:4roy:Roy
Roy is the third oldest of the Koopalings. Unlike most of his other siblings, he's more of the cool and laid-back type, and he is often the one who tries to bring a bit of order into the chaos. He loves competition and likes to show off, though he's rather prideful and can lose his composure when he gets mocked. Especially if you insult his pink color or his shades. There is a reason people say he can go from slacker to soldier in no time.

And speaking of soldier, despite his young age, he's one of the most valuable assets of the Koopa Troop. He is a great combination of brains and brawn, although he usually prefers the latter, and his knowledge of firearms is unparalelled. Though he has no use for these abilities back in the now-peaceful Marioverse, the Smash Bros. Tournament is his time to shine. Though his abilities are also practical outside of competitions, as he often helps Bowser Jr. with the maintenance of the Clown Cars and even the other fighters' fireweapons. In the Koopaling band, he plays the guitar.

Ironically, he is often seen hainging out with Marth and Ike, of all people, and it is rumored he does have a friendly relationship with his namesake, who isn't participating in the tournament, but apparently is interested in coming back again. Little Mac often joins the trio for training as well.

:4lemmy:Lemmy
Lemmy is the second oldest of all Koopaings, and often surprises people with this due to his small height and cheerful and childish behavior. But despite seeming quite naive, he has shown to be a surprisingly caring friend and brother who will always lend you a shoulder to cry on and then do his best to cheer you up again. In situations, he has shown to be quite mature, but he just doesn't want to act that way, and instead live his life to the absolute fullest, with no room for seriousness or negativity.

Back home in the Marioverse, he was finally able to fulfill his childhood dream of having a circus in what we know as World Bowser, a floating city in the sky over the Koopa Kingdom. He continues to make other people happy and entertained on the Smash Campus, where he gathered a little group of fighters for stage performances, including Kirby, Jigglypuff, the Villagers, Mr. Game and Watch and Pac-Man. In his freetime, he's usually very open for anything that comes up. He plays the bass in the Koopaling band.

He and Kirby are an inseperable duo, and the two are rarely seen without eachother, as if they were twins. They usually hang out with the other young fighters and often play video games together, especially Smash and the 8-Player Smash mode because the group does get quite big most of the time. Lemmy is the kind of guy who wants to play with all items on, under weird Special Smash conditions and always picks Mario Galaxy. Hilarity ensues.

:4ludwig:Ludwig
Ludwig is the eldest of the Koopalings. He is very precocious, reserved and thinks realistically, but he constantly overworks himself with taking responsibility by helping out his dad with his royal duties, composing musical works... and trying to endure his chaotic siblings, which makes him often seem cold as a result. He posesses great knowledge and is a very powerful magician, and he has no problem showing off his pompousness.

His forte is composing music and creating art, especially if it's of classical style. As you might expect, he is pretty much the main organizer of the Koopaling band, as he creates the music and assigns the instruments to the Koopalings depending on it. While all Koopalings have an instrument or an instrument type they prefer, or in Wendy's case prefer to do the vocals, they are usually skilled with a few more instruments. As for himself, he is a jack of all trades and does not have a preference towards a specific instrument.

Ness and the Links share his love for music and are often seen accompaning his group if there's an rehearsal. Ness started to love music due to the eight melodies and the Links because of their music-related key items. He is also member in a chess club opened by the Robins, alongside Rosalina, Ganondorf, Meta Knight, Mewtwo and Palutena.

:4rob:R.O.B.
Back in Brawl times, the technical experts of the campus at that time, Snake, Wolf and Samus, found an old toy robot from more than 20 years ago in the basement of the main building, just waiting to be made anew again. They equipped the robot with an aritifical inteligence and weapons for the participation in the upcoming tournament and as a defense system for the campus. After the tournament has been finished, the robot was turned off and put into the basement for the next tournament again. However, the new engineers that came with the next tournament starting soon had the interest and the means of not just using the robot as a weapon, but giving him developing emotions, an identity, and turing him into being useful for the fighters. The new engineers are the elite at their field of activity. One of them had the chance to study living machinoid beings living in his world. One uses unusual and surreal technology to create mech of humongous sizes. One worked with rockets in a futuristic world. And so the Robotic Operating Buddy gained his name.

R.O.B. is the nice and considerate butler of the campus main building, though he is known for his witty remarks he likes to give, especially towards the lazy fighters, with a motivational purpose. He is perfectionistic with his work, and often seeks for new challenges that he can try to overcome. However, he didn't forget to fight, either, and already looks forward to test out what he can do in battle when the tournament starts.

He has a complicated friendship with Mr. Game and Watch. They clearly seem to be interested in eachother, however, as the fighters tried to translate their beeps from binary to letters, it seems like they are using a secret code, too, as the words make no sense. The fighters have fun trying to find out what exactly they are talking about, but maybe that was R.O.B.'s intention after all.

:4mario:Mario
April 19/Aries/ESFP
:4drmario:Dr. Mario
April 19/Aries/ISFJ
:4luigi:Luigi
April 19/Aries/ISFJ
:4peach:Peach
May 13/Taurus/ENFJ
:4bowser:Bowser
August 4/Leo/ESTP
:rosalina:Rosalina
September 13/Virgo/ESFJ
:4bowserjr:Bowser Jr.
July 19/Cancer/ISTP
:4larry:Larry
October 23/Libra/ENTP
:4morton:Morton
May 15/Taurus/ISFP
:4wendy:Wendy
January 19/Capricorn/ESTJ
:4iggy:Iggy
February 11/Aquarius/INTP
:4roy:Roy
April 10/Aries/ESTP
:4lemmy:Lemmy
May 29/Gemini/ENFP
:4ludwig:Ludwig
November 21/Scorpio/ISTJ
:4rob:R.O.B.
October 18/Libra/INFJ

Every birthday has a reference of some sorts, similar to Fire Emblem: Awakening and how every child had a birthday identical with a game release date.
Mario, Dr. Mario and Luigi are born on Super Paper Mario's Japan release date.
Peach is born on Super Mario RPG's US release date.
Bowser is born on 8/4, which is a reference to World 8-4, where you first fought Bowser in the Mario series.
Rosalina is born on Smash 3DS's Japan release date.
Bowser Jr. is born on Super Mario Sunshine's Japan release date.
Larry is born on Super Mario Bros. 3's Japan release date.
Morton is born on New Super Mario Bros. US release date.
Wendy is born on Super Mario Strikers' Japan release date.
Iggy is born on Bowser's Inside Story's Japan release date.
Roy is born on Mario Kart Wii's Japan release date.
Lemmy is born on Mario Kart 8's Japan release date.
Ludwig is born on Super Mario World's Japan release date.
R.O.B. was manufactured on his US release date.
As for ages:
Mario: 26.
Dr. Mario: 26.
Luigi: 26.
Peach: 25.
Bowser: 32.
Rosalina: Multiple millennia, old enough to have witnessed the rebirth of the universe multiple times, though she is physically 24.
Bowser Jr.: 13.
Larry: 13.
Morton: 14.
Wendy: 14.
Iggy: 15.
Roy: 16.
Lemmy: 17.
Ludwig: 18.
R.O.B.: 29.
Amazing how the section I intended as an extra easily took up most of the time here. But I can't complain, since I had a ton of fun thinking so throughly about all that stuff. That's it for this time! Hope you all enjoyed reading this!
Well, it's time for the second wave of headcanons!
Before I start with the next bios, I want to update my headcanons on an character with an already existing bio!

"Peach always seems to have her head in the clouds. Actually, she does have her smart and witty moments[...]."

Well, maybe Peach is even smarter than people might think. Because she can completely abuse that part of her personality.
Yes, she still is a huge Cloud Cuckoolander. But does she always really genuinely think that way or does she sometimes act she is at the moment?

When she is pretending to be absent-minded, she can let the opponent (be it when playing a video game with friends or even in a Smash) underestimate her. She plays psychological warfare with her opponents, with the goal to confuse them. That's a pretty valid strategy. (And probably the reason why everyone always loses when playing against Peach in Mario Party. That specific headcanon here is based on Peach's AI in the Mario Party series. It always seems so dang stupidly unfairly strong.)

Did you hear Peach's taunts when you played against her? Her obnoxious "Lalalalalala", for example? And her victory quote, "Oooh, did I win?". Come on, you can hear so much that she just mocks you. And it's annoying. It drives her opponents even more crazy.

Peach's strategy completely works with her psychological warfare. (Heck, one of her attacks in Super Mario RPG was even named Psych Bomb, just as a fun fact.) And it works /perfectly/.

I wasn't joking when I said she shouldn't be underestimated. She completely exploits the Cloud Cuckoolander trope.
Her girly and ditzy facade hides some huge cleverness.

(Thanks a lot to @Nonstop Hype Train for giving me the idea to make this headcanon after he expressed in a conversation that he thought that Peach's personality was quite boring and we were searching for a way to make her more interesting. And it makes so much sense, too.)

Anyway, next 5 character bios!

:rosalina:Rosalina and Luma
Rosalina is very calm and reserved, although that doesn't mean she is emotionless. She actually feels great joy when caring about her beloved Lumas and the younger Smashers, being the mom-figure to them. Bowser gets along pretty well with her, as they are both parents living on the Smash Campus, and they often care about the younger Smashers together. For the same reason, Rosalina and Olimar are quite good friends as well. (Bonus points for both taking care of an non-human species and fighting alongside members of said species.) She also loves watching the stars, as it reminds her of her childhood, and to write and read books. Rosalina is a well-known author in the Nintendoverse, as she was the one who wrote the "Super Mario Galaxy" series and the "Paper Mario" series. She definitely realized Luigi is interested in her, and after meeting with him to watch the stars and to talk about books and their personal lives, they have, at the very least, become good friends.

:4bowserjr:Bowser Jr.
Bowser Jr., who is mostly just called Junior by his friends and family, is a young and energetic, and yet very clever Koopa. He enjoys drawing and painting, reading (He began to show his interest in reading after he met Rosalina, and he even painted some illustrations for her "Paper Mario" book series), engineering, card games like Poker (He especially likes to play with Luigi) and sweets. He loves his family a lot and wants to make it proud with his accomplishments in the Smash Tournaments, which is why he's seen training a lot, but aside from that, he gets along very well with Shulk and Alph, who are his fellow engineers that are responsible for the technical stuff on the Smash Campus like R.O.B., whose sassy and endearing personality is said to be programmed by Junior himself. Shulk shares his love for reading, and along with Rosalina and the Robins, they organized some meetings for the fighters who love books, they also constructed the Clown Cars together, and he feels like he can relate to Alph as Alph also has loads of older siblings and only one big sister and admires his grandfather as Junior admires his dad, both valuing them as their role models.

:4larry:Larry
Larry is the youngest of the Koopalings, but he may also be one of the smartest. He seems to acts nice and polite, but you can bet that he thinks about a way to troll someone. He does that with no bad intentions, but just for fun though. His best friend is the Male Villager, who shares his love to pranks, and they often prank eachother or prank others together. He loves music, like the other Koopalings he made a band with (He was the one who came up with the idea, which might be the explanation for the Smash 4 trophies calling him the leader of the Koopalings), and he is the drummer of the group. Larry also liked to design the lightings in the Electrodrome, so he's the one who does the lighting design of the stage in the main building they are going to perform on while Junior does the technical stuff. Although he has the worst physical strength and stamina of all Koopalings, he is interested in sports, especially tennis.

:4morton:Morton
Despite his huge size, Morton is the second youngest of the Koopalings. He seems pretty grouchy and stubborn, but when once in a talkative mood, he can just never stop chatting. Roy usually is the one that has to interrupt him. In the Koopalings band, Morton is the one playing the keyboard. He is not known for being "Book Smart", however, he possesses huge power and likes constructing things. He definitely gets along with King Dedede and Wario, as they are all rather grouchy and lazy despite their huge strength. They were also those that got special fitness programs scheduled for them by Dr. Mario and the Wii Fit Trainers, despite the lazy trio being absolutely happy with their body shape and behaviours. They were not amused.

:4wendy:Wendy
Wendy is the third youngest of the Koopalings. While she is very tomboyish, strong-willed and short-tempered, she has a sweeter and girlish side she is not afraid to show towards people she likes like her family. She likes their attention a lot and is even pretty intrusive despite her usually showing other people the cold shoulder, because she is actually just quite vain and shy. In the Koopalings band, she is the singer and the dancer. She loves to swim and dive. Recently, she got into ice skating as well. She sees Peach as her friendly rival, and the two often play video games against eachother or do sports. She is also good friends with the Female Villager, as they think of eachother that they both have a wide array of interests, from fashion to boxing and from singing and dancing to swimming and diving.
Time for some of my headcanons.

The fighters live on Smash Island, where all Miis live as well. Instead of living in a Smash Mansion, the fighters live in multiple dorms, but the dorms are close together and they meet at the main building to eat and for freetime activities. It's like a university campus or something. The Miis, however, live all in a big city. Nintendo Land and the Wara Wara Plaza are located there too.

The rather... confusing relationships in the Mario Universe are explained by the fact that the Mario games are all either staged or novels written by Rosalina (The Paper Mario series always was seen as a story that was in a book!). Shigeru Miyamoto hinted at the Mario characters being actors after all.

Speaking of Shigeru Miyamoto, while it's true that the Koopalings aren't Bowser's biological children, they are very well his adopted ones. He cares about them with loads of heart, and he was overjoyed when he got a letter from Master Hand telling him that he can spend time with them and look for them while he's on Smash Island because he always felt bad before for just leaving them at home. He also loves all of them equally much.

For character personalities:
Let's just start with the Marioverse, because we already scratched on Mario headcanons.

:4mario:Mario
Mario is friendly and energetic and always eager to meet new people and visit new places, however, he can be quite cocky or insensitive at times. He loves challenges, and he is very determined to always get things done by himself. That usually goes horribly wrong when he tries cooking, and his food is known for being absolutely bad. He loves playing video games in his free time, especially with friends.

:4drmario:Dr. Mario
Mario from an alternate timeline where he decided to study medicine and become a doctor instead of the Jack-of-All-Trades he's known for to be. He doesn't interact with people quite as much, and his personality seems to be shrouded in mystery... He is responsible for the health of the fighters, and he gets along quite well with the Wii-Fit Trainers. Together they schedule special fitness programs for some of the fighters, much to their dismay.

:4luigi:Luigi
Luigi is a nice guy and is, after he overcame his shyness, always eager to help everyone, but he is quite clumsy. For that reason he usually still ends up being the Butt Monkey, despite him getting more popularity in the Nintendoverse. He doesn't really seem to mind that after he became more confident, though, and lives a happy live with everyone in the mansion. Currently, he seems to be rather interested in Rosalina... He trusts and loves his brother a lot, despite Mario being kinda insensitive sometimes.

You don't want to make him mad by hurting Mario. You won't like it when he's mad.

:4peach:Peach
Peach always seems to have her head in the clouds. Actually, she does have her smart and witty moments, but her mind seems more focused on tea parties, chatting with the other girls, her beloved Mario and other fighters romances (For some reason, she adamantly believes that Female Robin has a thing for Shulk...). She actually asked Master Hand for more female companions, and she is very happy about all the new girls that moved to Smash Island. She isn't just a good cook (Her attempts at teaching Mario how to cook did fail tragically though because of his stubborness), but she actually takes care of the gardens of the campus alongside with Olimar. While this may seem like girly hobbies, she is not to be underestimated.

:4bowser:Bowser
Bowser looks and acts like a tough guy. He's hot-blooded, reckless, boastful and always seeking for a challenge.

...He actually seems to be a completely soft guy underneath his hard shell (Pretty literally, duh.). He can be quite the buffoon, he loves children and he cares a lot about all of the young fighters, being like a daddy-figure to them. And it's not just when with kids when he shows his soft spot: He deeply cares for his friends and rivals alike, and he's always there for them, either to have a fun time or to comfort them. While he often feels lonely after losing his wife shortly after Junior was born, he doesn't seem to have any interests in a new relationship, surprisingly. Peach is one of his best friends though, although he always gets confused by her strange conclusions.

Those are my headcanons for the place where the fighters live, some Mario universe headcanons + the first 5 character bios!
It was a lot of fun to write, and I hope you like it!

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Dang, it's been ages since I posted here. I might do a huge master post with all my headcanons on every character, but for now I'll just post a few (all Xenoblade-related, since I've been on a kick with it) that hit me recently.

*The Monado Shulk uses in SSB is indeed the Monado III, not the original. The shape just changed to that of the original since we willed it.
*Shulk chose Dunban and Riki to tag along with him for SSB because Dunban is practically like a father to him and he came to see Riki as borderline-family throughout their journey, plus all three are heroes in some way (Dunban being famous among the Homs, Shulk being the hero of Xenoblade, and Riki being the Heropon).
As for the others, Reyn and Sharla are reconstructing Colony 6, Melia is trying to help build the High Entia kingdom back up and trying to be diplomatic with the other species, and Fiora is helping out Colony 9 plus both Shulk and Dunban were worried after losing her once before.
*Riki is very close to the younger Smashers. They see him as sort of an uncle and he even plays with them from time to time. Riki also tries to help make the Smashers with a more tragic past or who tend to just be melancholy in general smile a bit. He's ESPECIALLY close to Lucas, only second to his closeness with Shulk.

And for a non-Xenoblade one:
*I'm changing my headcanon on Lucas' absence. Instead of taking over as the medic, he went on a journey of sorts to see the world. After seeing how happy Ness always seemed, Lucas wanted to grow stronger and be happier too despite all he's been through. That's why he seems so changed in SSB4 and why he was late- he didn't feel ready to return until recently.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Back in days of Melee, Master Hand sensed great power and potential in one individual in Japan after the events of SSB64. Thus one day, he summoned a Japanese high school girl renowned in detective cases in the past, by name of Ayumi Tachibana.

When summoning in the girl, he offered her to become intergalactic fighter across dimensions as he "sensed a great and unique power within her". This left Ayumi frankly in shock, for she had received too much information about the dimension her life is inhabited on. The dimension she was forced to live in was also without anybody else, which had her break down on tears in moments of loneliness, and still coping with having her vision of life and reality shattered by being now around such deity-like figures.

Some long days after, Ayumi managed to calm down and decided to face the terror before her: but not before finding out what was exactly going on. She had now sensed Master Hand's tone of voice wavering in slight melancholy when offering things to her.

At one day, Ayumi would spy on Master Hand meeting with Crazy Hand, who had kidnapped Bowser, wanting to offer him as a weaponized titan to a mysterious figure in name of Taboo. Master Hand saw Crazy as his blood brother, but Ayumi noticed the terrifying, true character of this twitchy hand: being the lover of chaos and mass destruction. When discussing these matters with Master Hand, the mysterious glove threatened to get her destroyed, but Ayumi offered to help him out incase he had something worrying in mind. This is where Master Hand told about Taboo having plans to consume the worlds of Nintendo, and him planning to use his powers to imbue fighters with a "Final Smash", something he wanted to use on the Original 12 (and partially why they were summoned back in the last tournament) to fight Taboo against with.

In the events back in Melee where the Smashers fought against the bad guy crew of Bowser, Ganondorf and Mewtwo, Crazy Hand and Master Hand imbued Bowser with the first instance of "Final Smash", turning him into a the gargantuan monster to fight against the others. Giga Bowser however, went out of control, wanting to destroy all worlds of Nintendo with almighty power he was gifted with. Crazy Hand got very much into the idea, betraying Master Hand in the middle in order to let the destruction grow to it's fullest. Fortunately for that time, Mewtwo would suddenly turn against the baddies however, destroying Crazy Hand in the process. However, Giga Bowser kept on going out of control.

All seemed to be going down until a black, paper-thin figure popped out of nowhere, and sucked away all of Bowser's energy. Then the black figure dissolve into many black, wispy particles that flew away into space. The next day, this same figure had suddenly appeared again.

When Master Hand studied this creature, he found out that it was from an electronic watch & game peripheral that Ayumi had carried around with her. It then dawned to him that it was this black stickman creature which possessed such power he had been looking for.

After all Smashers waved goodbye once again to each other, it was also time for Ayumi to go back in her dimension. Master Hand asked her to leave this creature with him, for he would prove a very helpful way to fight against Taboo in the future. Ayumi complied, being very proud and relieved in her heart that she managed to save not only her own dimension, but also a multiverse. Affectionately she would name this stick-man "Mr.Game & Watch". She also remembered that she got her electric peripheral from a previously caught criminal's toolkit, which had prototypes of a proximity mine stolen from Carrington Institute being modified to blow up another school near her hometown.

However, Master Hand was afraid. With Crazy Hand being destroyed, he had nobody to back up his powers enough to keep the dimensions of Nintendo falling into possible chaos due the villains being now able to do as they pleased, if ever there'd be the day fighters would have to be summoned on his service again from their dimensions.With Crazy, both hands possessed power to freeze the universes of Nintendo in their places by putting them in dimensional voids between of creation and destruction (existence).

Remembering how she was summoned, and proved to play a part on saving the verses of Nintendo despite not really being what looked like a capable of fighter, Ayumi wondered if there were more capable warriors like her that could ensure the safety of her dimension and others incase Master Hand would need Smashers again. The gloved figure was struck with inspiration.

Ayumi received a trophy of her liking since then, and a glass dome to put it inside. She wondered what would come to her, and when...

When came the day Taboo would capture Master Hand, he sent Ayumi a distress signal. Her first objective was to meet a strange fellow by the name "Dr.Wright"...

And this would be beginning of the story behind the foundation of Assist Trophies, and their "Godfather".

Last edited:

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
These are related to the Roy and Ryu rumors:

-Roy is desperately attempting to appear as "Cool" to the other smashers and "Get his groove back," and continually insists that he has "Many adoring fans." Everyone just feels sorry for him and his enormous ego. He also derides Roy Koopa as "The inferior Roy."

Roy: Hello, my adoring fans!
Marth: Oh, dear god...
Roy: Roy, the most adored and popular of all the smashers in existence has arrived!
Marth: Roy, please, just spare yourself the embarrassment and go home.
Roy: Do you not hear my many fans singing my praises already? *Moves out of the way to reveal a piece of fruit with a crude face drawn on it*
Marth: Roy, that's a pineapple.
Roy: Whatchu say about Linda?
Marth: You know what, stay all you want. This is kind of like watching a trainwreck, I feel sorry for the people involved, but I can't look away.
Roy: That's more like i- Wait, what?

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
Meta Knight Loathes the movie Grease with the burning intensity of a thousand suns, but on the other hand, Captain Falcon loves Grease, and every time Meta Knight passes by the garage where everyone's vehicles are kept, he hears Falcon blaring "Greased Lightning" from his radio while he's doing repair work on the Blue Falcon.

Needless to say the ensuing debate/shouting match over the movie's quality isn't pretty.

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
R.O.B is the first guy to put himself on the line should the smashers come under attack because, in his words, "I've already lost my family once, I'm not going to lose another."

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
When Master Hand was defeated in Smash 64, the smash dimension literally imploded. To prevent this from happening again, he made a central grounding computer, which is the Race to the Finish Melee stage. As Master Hand became more powerful, he made his head computer more advanced, smaller, and mobile. This computer became ROB.

SmashorCrash00

Smash Cadet
Smashers introduced in Brawl actually got jobs. :4metaknight: went to jail for his god tier status, :4sonic: is now a athlete, :4myfriends: is a fencing champion, :4lucario: is working on his own DB thing,:4wario: is still in his WarioWare thing, :4diddy: is auditioning for movies with monkeys in them, :4lucas:is a Magician, :snake: collects boxes, :ivysaur: is now a gardener, and :squirtle: is a GREAT Surfer, :4charizard: cooks at a Burger King. :4dedede: works at a Aquarium at the Penguin part of it. :wolf: now hunts WITH REAL WOLVES. :pt: is now the League Champion. They visit eachother and still Smash in their freetime, with a few exceptions of who gets to Smash. Oh and :4tlink: is a Wind Waker. :4rob: is a computer (I SWEAR).

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
The Assist Trophies live in a mansion similar to the Smash Mansion, but it's on the less impressive side of things, in that they don't have the budget to really go all-out and get some of the more excessive stuff that the smash mansion has (Indoor pool, arcade, etc.). Wario and Dedede love lording this fact over them and treating them like dirt.

On the other side of things, Pit and Kirby have been known to secretly take gold out of Wario and Dedede's comically oversized vaults and give it to the Assist Trophy mansion, so they have a good reputation with the ATs. However, this gets them in trouble with the rest of the Mansion, who have a rule about, y'know, not stealing from other smashers. Samus in particular tries to get Pit to stop doing this, telling him to "Stop playing Robin Hood before you get hurt."

Phantom High

Smash Apprentice
Marth got really busy during the few years before smash 4 with helping rebuilding Altea and Archanea and being a parent for his daughter. As a result he hasn't been practicing all that much so his fighting strength got incredibly rusty

Top Bottom