• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros Headcanons

mark welford

Smash Ace
I approve. 10/10, garlic chilli dogs confirmed for Smash Bros.
LOL what do you think of the other ones? I especially been wanting to know everyone's reaction to the 1st headcanon. I made the first one to get people to go like whaaatt? :4robinf:has a crush on :4luigi:? Out of all characters to choose :4luigi:?

Last edited:

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
LOL what do you think of the other ones? I especially been wanting to know everyone's reaction to the 1st headcanon. I made the first one to get people to go like whaaatt? :4robinf:has a crush on :4luigi:? Out of all characters to choose :4luigi:?
Meh, I can sorta see that. TBH, 90% of Smash headcanon is just "meh" to me anyway. I do like some theory or just straight-up jokishness to my headcanon though, so if there's some theory or joke I'm missing behind it, I love to hear. lol

PF9

Smash Lord
Wario enjoys listening to songs about money, especially if they are rock (ex. "Breadfan" by Budgie and later, Metallica, "Moneytalks" by AC/DC, "For the Love of Money" cover by BulletBoys; the Budgie version of "Breadfan" is his primary entrance theme)

Pikachu is not the only Smasher with a non-Smasher significant other. Fox has Krystal as his girlfriend (and is getting her to join Smash as we speak), and Luigi's girlfriend is Daisy (these are generally considered canon in their respective game series, whereas PikaBun has not been realized yet in the Pokemon anime)

In Japan, Mega Man's relationship with Roll leads to many jokes based on the term "rock and roll" since in Japan, he is called Rockman.

The Duck Hunt Dog has rejected numerous attempts at adoption by South Park's Dr. William Janus, who himself has multiple personalities. Reason: He can't be in a room with another with split personalities.

The Duck Hunt Duck is the subject of a fan cartoon parody based on the Merrie Melodies short Duck Amuck.

Pac-Man has sung a mash-up of Pac-Man Fever and Cat Scratch Fever in karaoke, inspired by Homer Simpson.

mark welford

Smash Ace
Meh, I can sorta see that. TBH, 90% of Smash headcanon is just "meh" to me anyway. I do like some theory or just straight-up jokishness to my headcanon though, so if there's some theory or joke I'm missing behind it, I love to hear. lol
There is no joke behind it and I kind of expected a shock or double take kind of reaction to the :4robinf:and :4luigi:headcanon to be honest and truthful about it.

Last edited:

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
there is no joke behind it and I kind of expected a shock or double take kind of reaction to the :4robinf:and :4luigi:headcanon to be honest and truthful about it.
TBH, it's headcanon, and :4robinf:liking:4luigi:isn't exactly impossible. Besides, some fans come up with crazier stuff than this and most still don't bat an eyelid. You literally could've even said that :4myfriends:,:4gaw: and :4wendy:are in a polygamous relationship where Game & Watch gets involved by using his final smash and I don't think I would have done a double take. :V

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
Olimar has relied on the Pikmin so much that he has gotten increasingly lazier as the years went by. It's actually gotten to the point where he rarely comes out of his ship and has the Pikmin run errands for him. Alph tends to drag him out whenever a tournament requires Olimar's attendance, but he will take his friend's place should his friend be too stubborn to get out of his ship.

mark welford

Smash Ace
TBH, it's headcanon, and :4robinf:liking:4luigi:isn't exactly impossible. Besides, some fans come up with crazier stuff than this and most still don't bat an eyelid. You literally could've even said that :4myfriends:,:4gaw: and :4wendy:are in a polygamous relationship where Game & Watch gets involved by using his final smash and I don't think I would have done a double take. :V
Reason why I thought that would have a shock and double take factor to it is how look they next to each other with the sophisticated seriousness of :4robinf:next to the cartoony goofiness of :4luigi:. And I thought it would make people say she could of picked someone much more serious than him that's my reasoning behind wanting people's reaction. @ RobinOnDrugs RobinOnDrugs I want your opinion and reaction on this headcanon.

Last edited:

PF9

Smash Lord
The Duck Hunt Duck has joined Dedede and MK in not coming out of his room, now that Ohio State beat Oregon (whose nickname is the Ducks).

TaRtOoN-Hand94

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TaRtOoN-Merica94
3DS FC
4141-3495-6237
The very first Smash battle ever was between:4pikachu:, :4yoshi:, :4mario: and :4dk:. Master Hand put them in a field together and let "So Happy Together" play in the background.
Mario couldn't stand Yoshi's singing along any longer and things just got out of hand.
Master Hand got :4samus: and :4fox: involved by sending them both on a false bounty mission to capture :4kirby:.
This fight over Kirby led to an interstellar chase in which led to them crash landing in Hyrule where :4link: mistook all 3 for a threat.
Master Hand had so much fun this that he kept bringing them back together to fight over and over and Super Smash Brothers became a thing.

PF9

Smash Lord
Bowser sings in a heavy metal cover band in which all the members are video game villains. Ganondorf is the lead guitarist, Dr. Wily plays rhythm guitar, Sephiroth plays bass, Dr. Eggman plays drums, Liquid Snake plays the keyboard.

TaRtOoN-Hand94

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TaRtOoN-Merica94
3DS FC
4141-3495-6237
Princess Daisy isn't playable because she's actually Responsible princess to Sarasaland and doesn't have That much time on her hands, unlike :4peach:.
:pikachumelee: was training :pichumelee: as a successor in Melee because he wanted to evolve into a Raichu.
:drmario:was cut from Brawl because his medical licence was revoked for malpractice. :4drmario:got it back just in time for 3DS/WiiU.
Both :linkmelee: and :younglinkmelee: were cut from Brawl, :link2: and :toonlink: are two totally new Links.
:marth:was only allowed to bring 1 other Fire Emblem character with him into Brawl. To settle this :roymelee: challenged :ike:: Roy's Flare Blade vs Ike's Eruption. Ike won and Roy is sour about it to this day.

TaRtOoN-Hand94

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TaRtOoN-Merica94
3DS FC
4141-3495-6237
:icsmelee:, thanks to Nana's insistence, is a vegetarian but secretly salivates at the thought of tasting Nitpicker or Condor meat.
Nana and Popo sometimes wear each other's parkas backstage just to mess with everybody.

:gawmelee: is considered an considered a senor citizen among the other Smashers. He often beeps about the good old days when video games were simple. :mariomelee:'s bored of hearing about it since he was There.

:younglinkmelee: looks up to :linkmelee: for advice about girls. :pichumelee: looks up to :pikachumelee: for advice about Dittos.
All the big bad characters in Melee pick on poor little :pichumelee: who finally earned their respect when it evolved into :pikachu2:for Brawl.

:nessmelee: and :younglinkmelee: hang out all the time backstage, and tell each other crazy scary stories about their games.
Young Link confides in Ness about his emotional scars.

:falcomelee: has a really foul beak to match his temper and Ness Young Link have to cover their ears backstage when he's around.
:jigglypuffmelee: sings :nessmelee:, :younglinkmelee: and :pichumelee: to sleep backstage during nap time, which they'd never take otherwise.

:mewtwomelee: and :nessmelee: challenge each other to mind games when they're not fighting.

Last edited:

TaRtOoN-Hand94

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TaRtOoN-Merica94
3DS FC
4141-3495-6237
:4marth:, :4myfriends:, :4robinm:, :4robinf:, :4lucina: and :4shulk: really enjoyed January 14th's Nintendo Direct.
Along with his port coming out in a month, :younglinkmelee: is especially excited to appear in a crossover game again!
this a routine Direct for :4mario:,:4luigi:,:4peach:,:4yoshi: and :4bowser:.

:4link:,:4fox:,:4falco:,:wolf: and :mewtwopm: are deeply disappointed.

TaRtOoN-Hand94

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TaRtOoN-Merica94
3DS FC
4141-3495-6237
After losing the January 9th-16th Conquest, :4zss: immediately decided to make her own Conquest team with her new friend :4robinf:/:4robinm:and her old friend :4pikachu:, forming Team Shocker for the 16th-19th Conquest.
Everyone else in team Kooky Kids and Lively Ladies all went out for ice cream together, :4palutena:'s treat. (:4wiifit:/:4wiifitm: had yogurt instead.)

Team Burly Boys (:4falcon:, :4dk:, :4myfriends: and :4littlemac:) celebrated their victory by throwing a frat party.. They soon realized they forgot to invite any women, so now it's just a sausage fest that even :4gaw: is bored to be at.
:4wario:: "A bunch of dudes and soda does not make a party; it takes Guests with Breasts and Mine don't count!"
:4dk: finally has something to brag at :4palutena:, beating her at Conquest for once after 2 loses to her in a row. She's ignoring him now.

Last edited:

PF9

Smash Lord
Every time Lucario goes to a restaurant, he gets at least one dish that has chocolate in it (like Chocolate Chocolate Chip Pancakes at IHOP)

Crazy Hand is very eccentric, to the point where his brother Master Hand gets frustrated with him sometimes

Sir Aaron has developed a dirt pudding recipe which incorporates different kinds of Oreos simultaneously (instead of using only regular ones) and uses white chocolate and cheesecake puddings as the base puddings (the recipe I plan on making soon).

Oddly, Rosalina likes the version of the Frozen song "Let It Go" performed by Klondike (a fictional hair metal band from Snowpoint City in Sinnoh whose songs largely revolve around themes relating to the cold and the North) more than the movie version or the Idina Menzel (not Manziel, though I am a fan of Johnny Football) version.

The Villagers have often been mistaken for axe murderers, just for the fact that they wield axes.

Lucario wants Reese's Cups to promote themselves with a new version of the famous "you got peanut butter in my chocolate/you got chocolate in my peanut butter" commercial, he claims the current ads are "meh".

Pit often makes Greek for dinner

Peach's favorite cuisine is Italian, this is after years of dating someone of Italian descent.

The Mario Bros. enjoy watching the Italian cartoon Winx Club.

Ness is a vegetarian.

Link and Zelda like to watch criminal investigation shows like CSI, Criminal Minds, the Mentalist, etc.

When the Duck Hunt Dog assumes the personality of Muttley, Wario will pretend to be D.ick Dastardly and the two will attempt to sabotage a Mario Kart race, with predictable results.

Fox McCloud, ironically, is highly critical of the Fox News Channel.

Whenever one of the Pokemon Smashers summons Arceus in battle, they pray to him. This is consistent with the fact that Arceus is considered God in the Pokemon universe.

King Dedede, Meta Knight, and Duck Hunt Duck are still in their rooms.

Toon Link often practices with Link before a fight.

Yoshi also has a non-Smasher significant other - Birdo.

Last edited:

SmashSensei

Smash Rookie
NNID
SuperHorace
3DS FC
0791-2756-6377
The Classic map on the 3DS is the same place where the Pokemon and :4bowserjr: reveal trailers take place. Fighters run around and have formed factions and alliances.

The world is the area in the middle of the Nintendo Multiverse, as well as some nearby Universes. As a result, many fights wind up being taken through tears in space to different areas, or the stages in Smash.

Not all factions and teams are necessarily against each other.

-:4mario:,:4luigi:, and :4peach: stick close and fight together.

-:rosalina: and her Lumas always have the Comet Observatory on hand. They are a huge team, as there are many Lumas.

-:4bowser: and :4bowserjr: are a father/son team. :4larry: and the rest of the Koopalings work for them, but are always patrolling, separated from each other.

-:4pikachu: has grown a love for :4lucario: and the two stick close, even though Lucario does not believe in Pikachu's power, as Pikachu is an unintelligent Pokemon. Lucario tolerates the Pokemon's unconditional love, however.

-:4greninja: takes advantage of Lucario's aversion to less intelligent Pokemon and is using:4charizard:, who broke free of his trainer recently. The two Pokemon duos are often at it.

-:4kirby: and :4jigglypuff: are best of buds, and many mistake them for romantic partners. :4jigglypuff: is always sorely underestimated.

-:4falcon: and :4wario2: are a duo of complete jerks and show-boaters who are very frightening indeed. They do not bathe.

-:4ness:, :4tlink:, and :4villager: are three besties who do everything together. :4bowserjr: is actually in the group, but he must keep this a secret from both his father and from all of the Koopalings. He is unsure about his evil blood.

-:4wiifit: and :4wiifitm: are a brother and sister duo who usually wind up training fighters instead of fighting them.

-:4pit: and :4palutena: are running around as a formidable duo, mostly because of :4palutena:. Pit tries, though. He tries.

-There is a huge :4gaw: army. None of them are very smart.

-:4dedede: and :4metaknight: have formed an uneasy friendship, and Meta Knight is now a laughing stock for being nerfed so badly. They have the :halberd: at their disposal.

-:4link: and :4yoshi: are a duo.

-:4zelda: is passive to the :4link: and :4yoshi: duo, although she is normally running about with :4samus:/:4zss:.

-:4sonic: and :4megaman: are a formidable duo. Sonic is really fired up to down the :4mario: team.

-:4villagerf: and the rest of the Villagers, minus :4villager:, live in their own AC-esque village in the world. They will offer safe haven or their collective wraths, depending on how friendly you act toward them. :4villager:, :4ness:, and :4tlink: hang out here more than anyone else. There are warning signs posted up about :4falcon: and :4wario2:. :4villager: and :4villagerf: are bro and sis. :popo: live here, but they won't fight anymore. When :4mario:'s team is here, :4mario: tends to take on the :4drmario: persona and works as the village's doctor.

-:4pacman: is trailing :4rob: along with him.

-:4olimar: is mentoring :4alph:. They are not frightening and are extremely vulnerable. Their Pikmin go unnoticed and are usually stepped on.

-Not even :4samus:/:4zss: knows that :4sheik: is :4zelda:. :4sheik:often appears to assist those she wishes to help.

-:4dk: and :4diddy: are a duo.

-:4fox: and :4falco: are another duo.

-:4shulk: is really feeling it. He hangs around with :4robinm:, :4robinf:, :4marth:, :4myfriends:, and :4lucina:.

-:4darkpit: hates everyone. He does not form any alliances and winds up getting beaten on.

-:4littlemac: has the support of Doc Louis. He is more about besting people than the negative emotions between factions. Thusly, people usually leave him alone until he wants to fight someone. Villains are less accepting.

-:4wiremac: is a good training buddy for :4littlemac:.

-:4duckhunt: are causing cartoony antics.

-:4mii::4miif: are easy challengers. They don't show up much. Teams of them live in caves and such.

-:4ganondorf: is somewhere... Nobody's seen him. :wolf: disappeared too...

-:pt: gave his :ivysaur: to :lucas:, who is training to become a Pokemon Trainer with him. The two are after recapturing :pt:'s escaped :4charizard: with their :ivysaur: and :squirtle:.

-:roypm: was killed by :4roy:.

-:snake: was told to leave, as nobody invited him. Everyone still checks under cardboard boxes, should they come across some. In actuality, he was hiding under one, which :4samus: and :4zelda: blasted with a Charge Shot and Din's Fire simultaneously. It appeared afterward that nothing had been under it.

-:mewtwopm: is secretly watching, ready to show up soon enough...

:fdb: awaits.

I probably forgot something or other...

Last edited:

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
:4megaman: is part of a Backstreet Boys tribute band. Unfortunately, most Smashers appear to have mistaken it for his Final Smash and refuse to attend any more of his concerts.
:4olimar: writes to his wife and kids often when he's not seducing half the cast.
:4bowser: is very much a sore loser and a sore winner. He's brutally honest and doesn't hold anything back, a fact which earns him the ire of most and the respect of a few.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
:4mario:- Is a popular fellow all around with the other Smashers, but everyone knows he's secretly a gigantic control freak. He is very much into 'fair fighting'. He disagrees with pummels, spamming of moves, camping, and looks down on those who 'fight to win'. The reason he brought his Cape to Melee was innitially because he felt the need to boost his recovery. But he chose to use it as reflector because he's against projectile spam. Also, he always taunts before a fight by tipping his hat, except when fighting Bowser. He also pursues everyone to play with Mario-related items, and is upset when he hears no (some fighters like :4yoshi::4luigi::4peach: and even :4bowser: mostly comply and agree). He's a real try hard, especially in Time, where he wants to get as many KOs possible.

:4luigi:- Fears 1 vs 1 battles. Prefers team battles with :4mario:, and acts far more confident in those battles. Even though secretly he'd do anything to show Mario he could beat him. He often feels bad about these emotions, thinking him being second banana is his karma. Didn't really befriend people he didn't know from earlier before, acts aloof towards everyone. :4jigglypuff: is his "best friend" but she cannot stand him at all.

:4peach:- Actually is always this strong as she is in Smash. She just holds back in most games so :4mario: can take the glory.

:4diddy:- Is still 100% focussed on becoming as big of a video game hero as :4dk:. Master Hand has secretly blessed him by making him "Top Tier" two times in a row. Is generally not impressed with his own abilities untill :4dk: compliments him, which he often doesn't untill 120% deserved. Is annoyed by :4mario:'s sence of self righteousness, and feels deeply that :4dk: should be Nintendo's mascot. Has befriended :4yoshi::4fox::4falco::4pikachu::4ness:. He shares his secret stash of dried bananas with them.

:4falcon:- is extremely narcisistic. So shrouded in his preceived self-image as "mysterious fighter nobody really knows about" which hails from the N64 era, he never shows anyone his face. But he tells all the ladies, especially :4zss: that it's handsome. All this bravado however is because he feels it's his sole responsibility that F-Zero stays on the mind of the public. That's why he spend most of Brawl's era taunting. Also really, really HATES everything Mario Kart related.

:4falco:- Whenever he sees the oppertunity to steal futuristic item weapons as Ray Guns, Smart Bombs, Super Scope he does so. And he sells them to his intergalaxial space gangster friends, Slippy, and he has several :4mii::4miigun: customers.

:4jigglypuff:- Is not to be messed with. Appears cute and bubbly, but has a serious lack of compassion for everyone. Very disrespectful.

Last edited:

RobinOnDrugs

Sheik once got into an intense game of Patty Cake with both Master Hand and Crazy Hand.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
0793FB29-8C4D-4909-848C-BF649C3F46E6.JPG 18AD2466-2E46-4FC3-9358-ADB18FA7B670.JPG
D9CD48BB-1AC6-4BB2-A073-40CEA2DF6F70.JPG

Top two: Shadow Wraiths from Neopets.

Bottom: Some typical Flat Zonians, born from shadow bugs.

I'm willing to bet that they have very similar properties to each other. Perhaps wraiths can survive in 2D. Perhaps :4gaw: can drain all life from an area.

Last edited:

PF9

Smash Lord
Some Smashers have had run-ins with the law. For instance, Falco shot Snake during an argument in January 2011, Smash is still dealing with the fallout from that. In the summer of 2008, Luigi assaulted a nightclub bouncer in Brooklyn, his brother had to get him out of trouble.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Alright, I'll have a go at this.
I imagine most of the smashers live in their own separate worlds for the most part, but every time a new Smash competition comes around, they get together and stay in a fancy hotel.
The fighting in Smash bros is just friendly competition (for the most part). Master Hand is in charge, and gives invitations to all of the new smashers. Master Hand doesn't stay in the hotel with themhowever, he lives in Final Destination with Crazy Hand. When Master Hand isn't around, Mario is put in charge. Since the fights are mostly friendly competition, most play by the rules. But if anybody gets seriously injured, Mario is ready to be their doctor.

:4mario: and :4luigi: share a room. Mario is more of a social butterfly than Luigi, often leaving to spend time with other people. He is friends with almost everybody except for the villains, who he tries to set straight.
Luigi usually sticks to himself when Mario is not around, cooking new dishes or playing with Yoshi. Of course, the two are always ready to save the princess, and Professor E. Gadd has Luigi on call.
In battle, Mario is fair and courteous, and always shakes hands afterward. Luigi is scared of every battle, but always proves himself.
The bros get regular letters from Captain Toad about his adventures. Mario and Luigi really want Toad to move into the smash residence and join the fight. Toad is humble, and a little nervous, but said he'd love to join the fun if Master Hand ever invited him.
:4yoshi: is still Mario's closest friend, and sleeps curled up at the foot of Mario's bed. He is a gentle dinosaur who enjoys playing outside with the Pikmin.

:4ganondorf: and :4bowser: are good friends and roommates, and sometimes help eachother with their evil-doing. They often bully the other Smashers.
:4bowserjr: finally convinced his dad to let him live in the Smash residence. He was almost sent home because of how young he is, but he proved himself in battle and was able to stay.
He shares one room with all seven Koopalings. Naturally, things get pretty crazy in there - lots of pillow fights and pranks. Despite the mischief he gets up to, Bowser is very proud of his son.

:4peach: and :4zelda: share a room, and spend all day doing eachother's hair and make-up. Peach is more lively and outgoing, while Zelda is more of a introvert. Peach is often kidnapped by Bowser, but Zelda protects her. It is rumoured that Bowser is a little scared of Zelda.
:4palutena: often comes around for slumber parties.

:4link: and :4shulk: share a room. They didn't know each other too well at first, but eventually grew to like training together and telling eachother about their adventures.
Link and Mario are close friends.

:4kirby:, :4metaknight:, and:4dedede: all used to be very close friends, but Dedede was cut out of the group because he was too much of a jerk. Dedede wanted to join Ganondorf and Bowser in their princess-kidnapping schemes, but the two villains did not take the fat penguin seriously and actually kidnapped him along with the princesses instead. So, Dedede begrudgingly spends time with his fellow royals :4peach: and :4zelda:, but longs to be taken seriously as a 'real' villain.
:4kirby: shares a room with :4metaknight:. Kirby tries to get Meta Knight involved with all of the fun and games, but he mostly just stays inside reading books. Kirby likes to cook for the smashers, though he often eats the dishes before serving.

:4dk: and :4diddy: share a room, of course. The two mostly sit around all day eating bananas and playing music. Diddy Kong longs for his girlfriend Dixie to come and join the smashers.

:rosalina: does not live in the Smash residence, because she has the galaxy to protect! She lives in the comet observatory with her huge Luma family, but often comes to visit Mario and the gang. She is also quite close with :4palutena:

:4pikachu:, :squirtle:, :ivysaur:, :4charizard:, :4jigglypuff: and :4greninja: all live in the same room as their trainer, :pt:. Red stopped fighting after he realized these brawls aren't mere Pokemon battles. Charizard continued to fight, but Squirtle and Ivysaur stopped until they were fully evolved. Pikachu is very friendly to everybody. Jigglypuff likes to sing and draw.
:4lucario: and :mewtwopm: are lone wolves, with no trainer.

:4pit: and :4palutena: are roommates. Despite how often she teases him, Palutena is very protective of Pit. Pit is very grateful for this, but deep down wishes he could be more independent.
Pit sometimes joins Palutena when she goes to the princess's room for a slumber party. He's learned how to do make-up and braid hair for the girls - he pretends he's embarrassed, but secretly, he enjoys it.

:4gaw: is the 'old man' of the group. He spends most of his time wandering around, doing housework. He shares a room with :4pacman: - the two always talk of the glory days of gaming.

:4falcon: is a total narcissistic womanizer, and is considered to be a jerk by many of the smashers. He tries to hit on most of the ladies, mainly Samus, who rejects his advances every time. She is annoyed that he only sees her as a potential mate, rather than a legitimate opponent in battle.
Captain Falcon has it out for Mario, for 'stealing his racing thunder', but Mario thinks nothing of it.

:4samus: is a lone wolf. She often disappears from the hotel. Rumour has it that she goes to Final Destination to challenge Crazy Hand to battles.

:4megaman: and :4sonic: are good friends. Megaman is also quite close with :4mario:. Mario and Sonic have a friendly rivalry; they end up competing over everything, but always make up in the end.

Nobody wanted to room with :4wario2: because of his terrible hygiene. He lives alone with all of his money and treasure. He acts like a tough guy, but deep down, he is sad to be alone. Mario is the only one who makes an effort to be nice.

:4olimar: and :4alph: share a room. Olimar writes to his wife and kids every day - one of :rosalina:'s Lumas is kind enough to deliver the mail back to Hocotate. He is also still in touch with his co-worker and best friend, Louie, to whom he sends some of Peach's baked treats. Alph, too, stays in touch with his colleagues back at Koppai - he tells stories from all of his great adventures to Brittany and Charlie.
In his spare time, Olimar takes to gardening. Of course, both Olimar and Alph still have that same bond with the Pikmin, who freely roam the hotel (despite often being squished).

:4wiifit: mostly trains the other fighters. :4littlemac: is her closest training buddy.
Doc Louis often shows up to give Mac some advice and to help him size up who he is up against.

:4tlink: shares a room with :4villager:. He wants to move into the Animal Crossing town to live a peaceful life, away from the craziness of Hyrule, though he is unsure what his grandma would think.
:4villager: does exactly what he likes to do in his own game - gardening, catching bugs (he often catches Pikmin), and fishing. Some of the smashers got scared when they saw that he owned an axe, but in reality, Villager wouldn't hurt a fly.

:4marth: and :4myfriends: share a room. :4robinf: and :4lucina: share the room next door. The four are close friends and have great respect for one another. They often hang out and practice sword-fighting with :4shulk: and :4link:.

:4fox: and :4falco: share a room. They are rivals due to their clashing personalities - they fight a lot, but it never gets too extreme.
:wolf: left because he couldn't handle living alongside Team Starfox.

:4ness: rooms with:lucas:, despite the fact that Lucas no longer takes part in the fights. Lucas couldn't handle the fighting anymore as he was too emotionally worn out. He somehow convinced Master Hand to allow him to stay, because he couldn't bear to leave his close friend Ness. The two play baseball and practice PSI with each other.
Ness still calls his dad every day, and keeps a framed photograph of him with Paula, Jeff and Poo.

:4darkpit: is a loner who tries to be edgy. He says he hates everybody and stays alone in his room.

:4duckhunt: is the pet. He and the duck are inseparable. Mario often plays frisbee with them in the yard. Despite the fact that they are pets, they are still taken seriously on the battlefield, due to the presence of a mysterious, unseen gunman.

:4rob: is sort of like the butler. He is always happy to help out, around the hotel or in battle.

:popo: no longer stay in the hotel. Master Hand didn't approve of Popo and Nana fighting together because he believed it to be an unfair advantage. He privately told Popo that Nana would have to leave: Popo really wanted to continue fighting, but refused to stay if he cannot be with Nana. So the two now spend time scaling mountains, just like they used to.
Mario was sad to see them go and is trying to talk Master Hand into allowing them back to fight together again.

Chrom lived in the residence for just one day. Master Hand kicked him out for being 'just another swordsman', and quickly replaced him with Lucina. Chrom is still perplexed about this decision to this day.
The Chorus Kids too lived in the residence for a day, but were evicted because they were too loud!
Ridley constantly tries to destroy the hotel to fight/kill everyone, but Master Hand quickly takes care of him. Samus wants to fight Ridley head-on in the battlefield, but Master Hand always sends him away before she has a chance.
King K. Rool constantly threatens DK, saying he will come and take him on in a fight - whoever wins gets all the bananas. DK knows that he is all bark and no bite.

Whew, that was a lot. This is surprisingly fun, I might do more.

Last edited:

PF9

Smash Lord
Lucario (and to a lesser degree, Sir Aaron) considers himself indebted to Zelda for her bringing him back to life. He has helped Link and Zelda out of many sticky situations since coming back to life, such as when they were arrested in Fourside on marijuana-related charges.

I'm under the impression that master core's sphere is magnetic, and the "swarm" particles are iron filings. It's basically a big evil Woolly Willy. This would make some sense, since Brawl's mysterious evil substance, Shadow Bugs, are effectively liquid crystal. Maybe Sakurai attributes evil to strange things like this.

Melee's 1P game modes take place in a computer simulation. The upper route in Race to the Finish is designed after motherboard circuitry while the lower route is a stylized processor clock. Then there are hostile wireframes. Lastly, dig the "digital" background pattern in Final Destination. These are not coincidences!

SSB64's 1P game is lower-tech. Battlefield and Final Destination are both textured like stone ruins, but with abstract, spacey backgrounds. FD in particular looks like some kind of astrological or astronomic clock; some kind of ancient calendar that's always ticking (its rotating base).

I wasn't going to post these since the thread was winding down, but here we are.

Last edited:

Laniv

Smash Champion
Secretly, :4falcon: resents the Falcon Punch meme, because he thinks his character is being reduced to "that guy with the big fire punch in Smash Bros."

:4littlemac: trains to Struck by the Rain from Rhythm Heaven DS.

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
Uh, more headuniverse stuff?

:4robinm: and :4robinf: are evil twins that speak in sync. They work for gray-haired :4zelda:, who is implied to be their mother/creator.

Dark, red-eyed :4metaknight: is Death. He can give someone their soul back if they challenge him to a spar and win.

:4zss: is a space cop/detective. :4rob: is her comic relief Robot Buddy assistant.

Mr. Saturn shirt :4ness: is a stereotypical 80's kid like in the NES commercials, but he talks like a surfer hippie. He's rad enough to deserve 2 guardian angels, :4pit: and :4darkpit:, who are ambiguously gay. :4ness: just thinks they're best friends.

Balance Game yellow :4wiifit: jogs around the world looking for people in need of her training.

PF9

Smash Lord
All the Pokemon Smashers (and for that matter, all Pokemon) are capable of human speech, most are just very selective on who they reveal this to. For example, Pikachu has only revealed his capability of human speech to Samus Aran and Delia Ketchum, Ash's mother, fearing that if Ash had knowledge of this, it could change the relationship of the two very drastically. When Pikachu speaks English, he has a New York Italian "something of a tough guy" accent.

Lucario, on the other hand, is more open, as he speaks human language (English) to everyone, being that he is the same Lucario from movie 8. He figures there is no point in not speaking English, as such, many see Lucario as equal to a human.

Former Smasher Snake has entered the NFL offseason. His offseason activities will change every year, right now he is going to be in a musical adaptation of E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial on Broadway. Once fall comes, he will be back on the Ravens.

The Link-Marth feud has entered into another sponsorship battle. Marth has become a spokesman for Planters nuts (owned by Kraft), and Link has become a spokesman for Diamond Foods' Emerald Nuts.

Samus enjoys drinking Coke Zero.

Sometimes the Duck Hunt Dog will chase Fox around, a reference to how dogs are sometimes used in fox hunting.

Captain Falcon is in love with Samus, but is shy about his feelings, even though he no longer has Snake as competition.

Peach has her own private peach garden in the backyard.

Wario rarely lends any of his money to any other Smasher.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Hmm. Ok, I'll give it a shot.

:4robinm: is usually reading up on his battle tactics, but he'll join :4kirby: for the occasional cookout. Every once in a while, he'll try to trick the other smashers into eating bear meat by calling it "jerky". :4greninja: is on standby in case :4robinm:'s Thunder tomes cause any forest fires.

:rosalina:'s dress makes :4lucina: scream in pure joy, as she had finally found the perfect dress.

:4kirby: really wants to get his hands on :4tlink:'s elixir soup.

:4dedede: was never forgiven for that incident a few years ago involving a certain styled hovercraft. To this day, :4wario: still messes with :4dedede:.

:4megaman: and :4tlink: partake in sharpshooter contests when not shooting and blowing each other up in Smash.

:4pacman: is jealous of :4luigi:'s Poltergust 5000.

That's all I got for now.

RobinOnDrugs

-Ike and Little Mac are both fans of Game of Thrones and Walking Dead. They have a habit of betting each other on what character is going to die next.

-Meta Knight was actually fired for almost a year due to being way too good at Super Smash Bros.

-Zelda and Sheik are never in the same room together.

-"HOO HAH" chants have become more and more prominent in Diddy's recent matches.

-Bowser has become bitter over the Bowsercide being banned.

-Item matches are the Smash Bros. equivalent to hardcore wrestling matches.

-One of the Lumas that Rosalina whips out every now and then has a deep black guy voice.

-Ganondorf, Bowser, Wario, and Wolf all drive motorcycles.

PF9

Smash Lord
Dr. Mario will not drink coffee anywhere but in a diner, much like another doctor, John Becker

On the other hand, Luigi will drink any coffee.

After the Super Smash Metal Fest wrapped up, the Smashers (and other residents of the Mansion) all had a large Super Bowl party which featured a number of Snackadiums, and no party at the Smash Mansion is a party without Bowser and Ganondorf getting inebriated (for instance, at Christmas parties, the two drink only egg nog that has some sort of beer mixed into it, as opposed to rum).

Lucario is a fan of Cadbury products, but now he has to travel to the UK himself to have the British versions due to the stop on importing into the US by Hershey's.

Link and Zelda go on vacation to Seattle every summer now, not because NOA HQ is there, but because recreational marijuana is legal in the state of Washington.

Ike is currently writing an all-male adaptation of the book "Gone with the Wind" in play form, intending to cast himself and Male Robin in the lead roles of Rhett and "Scott" (the male version of Scarlett).

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
:4tlink: once accidentally stopped :4bowser:'s plans for dominating the other smashers. :4bowser: feels mighty embarrassed by it.

:4sonic: challenged :4littlemac: to a boxing competition. :4lucina: won since the challengers knocked each other out at the same time and :4lucina: just wondered in from the back door looking for a :4pikachu: to capture.

PF9

Smash Lord
During their time in Smash, the Ice Climbers were the biggest fans of Christmas and winter in the Smash Mansion. They had special devices inside their parkas that made them feel cold even though it was 72 degrees inside. Their room was very cold inside as well, using a special temperature control device that only applied to their room. When Christmas was approaching, they were very dedicated to the holiday, making the other Smashers watch Christmas TV specials and movies with them for instance, and taking charge of decorating the mansion for Christmas, and hosting a Christmas party.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Shulk, Marth, Link, Ike and Meta Knight frequently spar together to train, with Lucina and Toon Link training hard to join them someday. Jury's still out out on which of the legendary blades is truly mightiest.

Pit has something of a friendly rivalry with Link. Or so he imagines. In truth, Link scarcely remembers his existence and sees Pit as more of a vaguely irritating tag-along than a genuine sparring partner. Palutena is amused.

The Lumas and Kirby are best friends, and their penchant for adventure and insatiable appetites result in much childish scuffling.

Little Mac has a legitimate rivalry with Samus. He's smitten with Zero Suit Samus, though, and has no idea that they're the same person.

Lucina fought Captain Falcon because of what was intended to be a friendly duel between the Captain and Chrom. Realising that her father was in danger, she rushed to intercept his opponent and quickly realised he was much more than she could handle. Lucina, true to her instincts, didn't realise it was a friendly fight and would have honestly tried to kill the Captain if Robin hadn't intervened. Robin explained to her the truth of the situation and Lucina quickly apologised for her shameful behaviour. The Captain just laughed it off and doesn't bear her any ill will because of it. Chrom, seeing how happy his daughter was to have her moment in the sun, silently left the tournament so she could get involved instead. Robin convinced him to enter as his battle partner and fight at his side, just like old times. Chrom and Robin are inseparable and are Lucina's biggest fans.

Both Robins are halves of the same whole, and they share the same spirit and memories as eachother. When they came to the Smash World, their soul was split in two, and so both Robins coexist together with Chrom and Lucina. They both regard Chrom as a dear friend and Lucina as a stalwart ally, though male Robin spoils her a bit, while female Robin is more strict towards her.

Bowser Jr is much crueler and more dangerous than his father, delighting in chaos and destruction with such tenacious ferocity as to terrify his opponents. This is in part due to him trying to please his beloved daddy, and part because he's a sociopathic wee tyke.

Duck Hunt consists of three figures: the dog, who is lazy and lackadaisical, though a bit mischievous and prone to causing trouble from time to time; the duck, who is sensible and sharp-witted, and also female; and the hunter, never seen by anybody, and is in reality the child that plays with guns and his pets, and is also the child of the original hunter that first owned the two animals in his earlier days.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Long story short, I've always seen the Smash World being the equivalent to that of the one from "The Lego Movie", in which all of the characters and the events are acted out by a young child with a truly creative imagination. None of the characters themselves ever realize that they're only just collectible figurines, and so they assume this is all a massive tournament to find out who is the greatest fighter of them all.

The items and hazards are all toys that are either non-affiliated with the figurine lineup (think Smash amiibos and Mario amiibos), or are completely unrelated products not made by Nintendo. The stages are made from expensive model sets (presumably owned by his/her parents), with the exception of the Living Room stage, as that one is literally based on the family's living room.

Last edited:

PF9

Smash Lord
Shulk's training song is "Hooked on a Feeling" by Blue Swede (the version that was in Guardians of the Galaxy, or the one with the "ooga chaka" vocals)

No Smasher ever dares to come between Pikachu and a box of Cheez-Its (or Cheese Nips, for that matter), the consequences are dire for those that do. Whenever Kirby tries to take some, Pikachu always says "get your own box" (referencing an old advertising campaign for the cracker).

Pikachu often advocates for the civil rights of mice, tired of the bad reputation they get.

Sonic likes to drink lots of energy drinks, "they help boost my speed" so he says.

Top Bottom