• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros for Wii U and 3DS: Will it be another Brawl?

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
:| The title makes me sad. It has the connotation that Brawl was a bad game which immediately offputs me. I wish people would stop saying things like this.
And on the topic of balance, Brawl was a nicely balanced game outside of the outliers like Metaknight and Ganondorf. Excluding those two and maybe a couple more of the bottom tier part of the cast, Brawl had very good competitive variety when it came to characters, arguably more so than Melee.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Who cares? New Smash Bros. Why can't people just enjoy the fact that after 6 years we're getting a new game to play and have fun with, and stop nitpicking at little things and making negative judgments on a game we know very very little about.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
It's not going to be Melee and it's not going to be Brawl. It's going to be Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS. It will be a new game with new mechanics.

People wanting Melee 2.0 or Brawl 2.0 will be disappointed.

End thread. Someone lock this. I'm getting sick of these kind of threads already.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
It's not going to be Melee and it's not going to be Brawl. It's going to be Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS. It will be a new game with new mechanics.

People wanting Melee 2.0 or Brawl 2.0 will be disappointed.

End thread. Someone lock this. I'm getting sick of these kind of threads already.

Remember the other day when I said you deserved an award as best member on Smashboards? Scratch that. You deserve two! You're awesome Frostwraith.

ZXCV4523

Smash Rookie
https://www.youtube.com/user/RecordedIgnorance
wow sorry guys didn't mean it like that Brawl is a good game just not my game and i would love to see new mechanics and new ideas any day i just wanted know what you guys were thinking and i am sorry for the poorly named thread i really shouldn't of name it this

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Sorry new guy, but no matter how you intend things, context will always taint peoples view of them, often in ways you don't expect. Unless you've been hiding for a while, you had no way of knowing.

SKM_NeoN

Smash Journeyman
And on the topic of balance, Brawl was a nicely balanced game outside of the outliers like Metaknight and Ganondorf. Excluding those two and maybe a couple more of the bottom tier part of the cast, Brawl had very good competitive variety when it came to characters, arguably more so than Melee.
Brawl's competitive representatives:

1. Metaknight

2. Everyone that doesn't get destroyed by Metaknight

Renji64

Smash Lord
Brawl Objectively is bad game compared to others in the series you can sugar coat it how you want. Hopefully it will stand out from all the other in the series since it will be between brawl and melee.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Brawl Objectively is bad game compared to others in the series you can sugar coat it how you want. Hopefully it will stand out from all the other in the series since it will be between brawl and melee.
By definition of objectively, this statement is false. The very nature of your assessment is subjective.

You can try to judge it in an objective manner, but then some quantifiable metrics have to be referenced. Like it's sales numbers for instance... oh wait those were higher. How about overall reception? Most of those are higher to. Honestly, I think you'd be hard pressed to find any measurable way in which Melee is better, aside from your opinion, which is of course subjective.

SKM_NeoN

Smash Journeyman
You can try to judge it in an objective manner, but then some quantifiable metrics have to be referenced. Like it's sales numbers for instance... oh wait those were higher. How about overall reception? Most of those are higher to. Honestly, I think you'd be hard pressed to find any measurable way in which Melee is better, aside from your opinion, which is of course subjective
To be fair, Only 22 million Gamecubes were sold worldwide, while the Wii came close to 100 million (According to Wikipedia, which is unreliable, but the figures sound about right). Even then the sales between Brawl and Melee were relatively close.

You're right about the reviews being generally higher critically for Brawl, although user reviews almost always favor Melee. Just a few observations.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
To be fair, Only 22 million Gamecubes were sold worldwide, while the Wii came close to 100 million (According to Wikipedia, which is unreliable, but the figures sound about right). Even then the sales between Brawl and Melee were relatively close.

You're right about the reviews being generally higher critically for Brawl, although user reviews almost always favor Melee. Just a few observations.
Indeed you make some good points, and they were made using objective metrics instead of subjective preferences, thus even if your post makes more sense then mine, I still feel like I accomplished something. Admittedly I suspect for you this lesson was unneeded, but oh well.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
What? You can't say objectively and then make an obviously biased comment. Brawl had more content than Melee by a great amount. That alone can make it the best game in the series to many people. Outside of competitiveness, Brawl is superior to Melee in just about everyway. Then when it boils down to gameplay and competitiveness, that comes down to personal preference.
Please don't try to downplay Brawl as if it is a bad game, because it is flat out untrue.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Well, Sakurai did say that he's trying to balance the game between Melee and Brawl (or in terms of speed at least). Have faith people, they'll do a great job with Bandai's help ;)

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Well, Sakurai did say that he's trying to balance the game between Melee and Brawl (or in terms of speed at least). Have faith people, they'll do a great job with Bandai's help ;)
Bandai's help will help but I don't think that is a primary reason why it will be good. Sakurai produces good games. Further it sounds like with Brawl he was really trying to draw in new fans, since the Wii was such a casual player's system. The Wii U really isn't therefore he doesn't have to be quite as focused on that sort of thing, and it sounds like he isn't. He still cares about casual player's sure, but it sounds like he can focus on competitive players a bit too this time.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
I just... I have this hunch.... just a feeling.... that Smash Bros. U/3DS will be exactly like.... Smash Bros. U/3DS.

But it's just a hunch.

;)

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
I just... I have this hunch.... just a feeling.... that Smash Bros. U/3DS will be exactly like.... Smash Bros. U/3DS.

But it's just a hunch.

;)
That's the stupidest thing I have ever heard!!! Everyone knows that Smash Bros. U/3DS didn't have Goku in it, but everyone likewise knows that Smash Bros. U/3DS totally will! You're just saying that cuz you hate Goku, but all you haters are going see the truth, and then you're cry like the little babies you are! You're just lucky my caps lock key is broken and I'm too lay to hold shift for that long!

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Bandai's help will help but I don't think that is a primary reason why it will be good. Sakurai produces good games. Further it sounds like with Brawl he was really trying to draw in new fans, since the Wii was such a casual player's system. The Wii U really isn't therefore he doesn't have to be quite as focused on that sort of thing, and it sounds like he isn't. He still cares about casual player's sure, but it sounds like he can focus on competitive players a bit too this time.
Of course Namco Bandai aren't the primary reason/power that will allow Smash 4 to be great :rolleyes:. We've gotta give credit for the genius behind all of this, Masahiro Sakurai, he came up with the brilliant Idea to make Smash4 a balance between Melee and Brawl. Which will ultimately attract every kind of games, be it casual or hardcore.

Top Bottom