• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Idea Thread (post stage ideas you have!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313
Alright, chucklenuts. Ya'll flooding the regular old contest page with stages that have no contest to put them in. So as not to overload that thread, I've taken it upon myself to make a new thread specifically for these miscellaneous stages. Post all your random stages here! Then the judges can actually focus on relevant stages and contests and such.

(For the confused, here's a link back to the contest in question: http://smashboards.com/threads/supe...iiu-stage-contest-round-14-kid-icarus.348067/ )

Welp, the contest is dead. Sorry. I'll leave this thread up, though, so anyone who has a stage idea they'd like to share can go ahead and post it!

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Alright, chucklenuts. Ya'll flooding the regular old contest page with stages that have no contest to put them in. So as not to overload that thread, I've taken it upon myself to make a new thread specifically for these miscellaneous stages. Post all your random stages here! Then the judges can actually focus on relevant stages and contests and such.

(For the confused, here's a link back to the contest in question: http://smashboards.com/threads/supe...iiu-stage-contest-round-14-kid-icarus.348067/ )
Thank you based MarioAddict.

I did post this in the other thread a while ago but it was between rounds and I'm not even sure that people saw it so I'll post it here just to get this thread rolling.

Here's my version of Sunset Shore:

All characters have a silhouette form (Which I've done for each character) for this stage.

...Assist Trophies and items are also affected.

Click here for the Silhouette thread, featuring each character's costumes

Last edited:

TheRealHeroOfWinds

Smash Ace
Forest Haven:
Game of Origin: The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
Layout:

Description: Forest Haven, what a nice and beautiful area. Your two main platforms are lily pads. They will randomly raise and lower. In a similar fashion to Fountain of Dreams. Makar might even fly by at some points through out the fight. Some Chu-Chus will also appear. Whenever one is defeated it will drop Chu Jelly. Green heals 5%. Red heals 7%. Then Blue will give you some resistance to attacks.

Unlock Conditions: Star KO 50 opponents.

Music:

Bramble Blast:
Game of Origin: Donkey Kong Country 2
Layout:

Description: Bramble Blast is usually known for it's wonderful music, and those painful thorns! You could also find some Barrel Cannons, and this stage consists of just that! You have your main wooden plank as the platform. It is fall through though! You have your thorns at the top, so no reason trying to star ko. So your only main option is to meteor smash your opponents or knock them out the sides, but if your opponent is lucky they may land into the Barrel Cannon to get a second chance. The Barrel is strong enough to launch you at the thorns though! So a small price to pay for another chance.

Unlock Conditions: Win 10 Smash rounds with Link/Toon Link.

Music:

Rhythm Heaven (Ringside Interview):
Game of Origin: Rhythm Heaven Fever
Layout:

Description: You are Smash so much you end up in the middle of an interview. Hope you don't go to overboard for the fans. At random times fans will scream "Pose for the fans!" That is your time to taunt for an extra boost like Wario Ware Inc. But sometimes the interview will ask the Wrestler to pose for her and if you are too close to the Wrestler you will get the random effect of being stunned for damaged.

Unlock Conditions: Put 15 foes to sleep with Jigglypuff.

Music:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Thank you based MarioAddict.

I did post this in the other thread a while ago but it was between rounds and I'm not even sure that people saw it so I'll post it here just to get this thread rolling.

Here's my version of Sunset Shore:

All characters have a silhouette form (Which I've done for each character) for this stage.

...Assist Trophies and items are also affected.

Okay so, here's the compilation of sunset-shore flavored characters. This was made post-E3 and pre-Robin reveal so it's incomplete. But I will be completing it. So enjoy.

Sakurai, please take notes on HOW to do a memorable DK stage. Also, Villager's IS VERY CREEPY.

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Sakurai, please take notes on HOW to do a memorable DK stage. Also, Villager's IS VERY CREEPY.
That was totally the point.

But I may still change it. When I eventually want to do all the Villager costumes... Lol

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Sakurai needs to learn a lot about stage design. 3DS' roster leaves much to be desired, especially in terms of balance.
He does strike gold sometimes, like with Tortimer Island and Magicant, but the fact that we still don't have a Bowser's Castle stage says everything about Sakurai's stage-making abilities, or all the Metroid stages being lava places.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
He does strike gold sometimes, like with Tortimer Island and Magicant, but the fact that we still don't have a Bowser's Castle stage says everything about Sakurai's stage-making abilities, or all the Metroid stages being lava places.
Frigate Orpheon

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I'll give you Tortimer Island but the magic of Magicant wore off the instant I got KOed by a flying man and it simply never came back. Even if there is some skill in getting the AI to align with you, the fact that it will, more often than not, decide the fight, means you're either a sore loser or a winner who didn't get the satisfaction of doing anything him/herself 9 games out of 10.
Such a simple gimmick ruining such a magnificent stage.

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I'll give you Tortimer Island but the magic of Magicant wore off the instant I got KOed by a flying man and it simply never came back. Even if there is some skill in getting the AI to align with you, the fact that it will, more often than not, decide the fight, means you're either a sore loser or a winner who didn't get the satisfaction of doing anything him/herself 9 games out of 10.
Such a simple gimmick ruining such a magnificent stage.
The magic of Magicant will run out for me whenever Smiles and Tears stops playing on that stage.

CostLow

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2509-2293-9367
Okay so, here's the compilation of sunset-shore flavored characters. This was made post-E3 and pre-Robin reveal so it's incomplete. But I will be completing it. So enjoy. Edit: It is done! At least until DLC. If you want any of the individual characters let me know.
Those are great. I especially like that DK looks just like Spirit, and Pal. still has that bright glow. BTW, can I make a request? Is there any chance I could get a purple version of the link costume? If not, the original would be great as well. I just want to use it in my signature. I will definitely give credit in that case.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Those are great. I especially like that DK looks just like Spirit, and Pal. still has that bright glow. BTW, can I make a request? Is there any chance I could get a purple version of the link costume? If not, the original would be great as well. I just want to use it in my signature. I will definitely give credit in that case.
Sure but I'm not sure when I'll be able to get to it, I'll see if I get a chance on my lunch break today. Otherwise may not be until like 10ish tonight

CostLow

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2509-2293-9367
No rush at all. The fact that you're taking time to do me this favor is good enough.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
No rush at all. The fact that you're taking time to do me this favor is good enough.
Never mind, my boss stepped out for a bit and it only took a minute anyway

EDIT: Got rid of slight green outline that remained

I'll likely be eventually redoing all of these in Illustrator so they look less... Pixelly. Kind of want to make them into a poster.

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Anyone have any thoughts on my stages?
I really like yours. I may have done the Bramble Blast one slightly differently but it's still good for sure

Unrelated edit: I've now barely started the process of doing better versions, here's a taste...
RobinFdefault.png

RobinMdefault.png

I'm doing all color swaps so it might take a while but I've got both Robins done already.

Wonder if I should start a thread for these

Last edited:

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Hey guys. Neat ideas so far in this thread. Sorry about the contest. I got pretty sick one week, and that really messed up my schedule. Once Smash 4 came out, it was all over for me. Way too much time spent playing, far less time spent on the boards. We had to call it quits at some point, and I'm glad we did before the holidays (I'd never have time for such things then, I imagine). Anyway, no one wants to hear my petty excuses. You've all got some creativity in those noggins of yours, as so many contest rounds have shown. I look forward to seeing what everyone comes up with in the future. And who knows? Maybe I'll join in as well.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Hey guys. Neat ideas so far in this thread. Sorry about the contest. I got pretty sick one week, and that really messed up my schedule. Once Smash 4 came out, it was all over for me. Way too much time spent playing, far less time spent on the boards. We had to call it quits at some point, and I'm glad we did before the holidays (I'd never have time for such things then, I imagine). Anyway, no one wants to hear my petty excuses. You've all got some creativity in those noggins of yours, as so many contest rounds have shown. I look forward to seeing what everyone comes up with in the future. And who knows? Maybe I'll join in as well.
I understand the reasoning completely. I suppose this thread is the place to dump all my excess entries I'd prepared then

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313
Welp, if the stage contest is well and truly dead, then I suppose I too shall dump the rest of the stages I made here.

First up, for the nonexistent Sonic 3DS round, we have Bridge Zone, from Sonic the Hedgehog (Game Gear)!

This stage is pretty much as simple as it looks. There's a curved main platform and a moving drop-through above it. Pure and simple. Really nothing else to say about it. Background would be in the same style as Green Hill Zone from Brawl, just with Bridge Zone instead.

Next, for the Kirby Wii U round, we've got Shiver Factory from Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards!

This one's got a solid main platform with three upper platforms - one drop through in the middle and two treadmills (which can be passed through from below, but not dropped through). Treadmills slowly move players towards the center of the stage.

The interesting thing with this one is the Hammer enemies in the back. Every so often, one of them will slam down on the area directly in front of it, launching away any players in that spot. I imagine about a 30 second delay between each hammer swing.

Aesthetically... well, I'm sure you all remember what this level looked like. It would look like that.

Last, for the Star Fox Wii U round, we have Titania from Star Fox Assault!

See folks, here's how you win popularity points: Make a stage based off a hidden level from a non-required game mode of an unappreciated game. Nothing could go wrong!

Joking aside, this stage has an interesting dynamic to it. One long main platform with a slant on the side, and a small drop-through platform above. The design is, as I mentioned before, based off of the Muliplayer stage from Star Fox: Assault, which was always a favorite of mine.

For hazards, sometimes an arwing will come and shoot out the small bridge connecting the left part of the stage to the main part. The bridge will go away, leaving the part on the left all on its own. After about 30 seconds, it will come back.

Aesthetically, imagine a scorching hot desert, extending as far as the eye can see. That's what it is.

As a bonus, here's a menu for all of the other stages I've made!

Mario Party 2

Lineland Road

Norfair Depths

Koridai

Excitebike

Black City/White Forest

City Escape (My only winning entry)

Labyrinth of Deceit

Temple of the Ocean King

Twilite Wood

Welp, I guess that's all of them. No more stage contest...

I'm kind of sad to see it go. I had so much fun making all of these theoretical stages with you lot, and now... well, admittedly I still could make stages, but there wouldn't be any point... *sigh*.

It's been fun gents.

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Welp, if the stage contest is well and truly dead, then I suppose I too shall dump the rest of the stages I made here.

First up, for the nonexistent Sonic 3DS round, we have Bridge Zone, from Sonic the Hedgehog (Game Gear)!

This stage is pretty much as simple as it looks. There's a curved main platform and a moving drop-through above it. Pure and simple. Really nothing else to say about it. Background would be in the same style as Green Hill Zone from Brawl, just with Bridge Zone instead.

Next, for the Kirby Wii U round, we've got Shiver Factory from Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards!

This one's got a solid main platform with three upper platforms - one drop through in the middle and two treadmills (which can be passed through from below, but not dropped through). Treadmills slowly move players towards the center of the stage.

The interesting thing with this one is the Hammer enemies in the back. Every so often, one of them will slam down on the area directly in front of it, launching away any players in that spot. I imagine about a 30 second delay between each hammer swing.

Aesthetically... well, I'm sure you all remember what this level looked like. It would look like that.

See folks, here's how you win popularity points: Make a stage based off a hidden level from a non-required game mode of an unappreciated game. Nothing could go wrong!

Joking aside, this stage has an interesting dynamic to it. One long main platform with a slant on the side, and a small drop-through platform above. The design is, as I mentioned before, based off of the Muliplayer stage from Star Fox: Assault, which was always a favorite of mine.

For hazards, sometimes an arwing will come and shoot out the small bridge connecting the left part of the stage to the main part. The bridge will go away, leaving the part on the left all on its own. After about 30 seconds, it will come back.

Aesthetically, imagine a scorching hot desert, extending as far as the eye can see. That's what it is.

As a bonus, here's a menu for all of the other stages I've made!

Mario Party 2

Lineland Road

Norfair Depths

Koridai

Excitebike
Black City/White Forest
City Escape (My only winning entry)
Labyrinth of Deceit
Temple of the Ocean King
Twilite Wood

Welp, I guess that's all of them. No more stage contest...

I'm kind of sad to see it go. I had so much fun making all of these theoretical stages with you lot, and now... well, admittedly I still could make stages, but there wouldn't be any point... *sigh*.

It's been fun gents.
Dude, if the mood ever strikes you to make a stage, feel free and post it here. These are glorious. I'll probably post my remaining ones today.

Edit:

This is definitely not the last one I have. But it's the last one in my DropBox. The others must be on my desktop PC, which is down for the count at the moment... So whenever I'm able to access that hard drive I'll post more. I know that there's at least a Wooly World stage as well.

So anyhoo, here's...

Zoness
From Star Fox 64
So I'm going to level with you here. I've never been a big Star Fox fan. So when I was thinking about stages for Star Fox, I knew that I had to pick something from 64 because the consensus is that it's the best and most memorable one. So I looked through a bunch of levels and liked this one.

In the game, Zoness is a very heavily polluted planet, with an ocean of toxin beneath you.. The air is so polluted as well above you, that maybe it's a good idea to practice your low-air game..

Welp.
Yeah, the Arwings will definitely alternate every once in a while up and down on this stage. If you end up at the top of the stage with the noticeable gas, you'll start taking damage like you've got the Lip's Stick flower on your head. Which is no good. But hey! The Arwing on the left now has hecka open air space, but in exchange you've now got less battlefield in total...

The hell is this?
During these times when the Arwings are separated, this Mechon Sarumarine machine will make an appearance. Touching him will hurt and you'll rebound off of him, but for the most part he just hangs out there, keeping up with the Arwings. But not always.

FOOMP!
The Sarumarine will also lob explosive barrels out of its rocket ports! Being hit by the explosive barrels will result in an immediate explosion, much like an explosive canister in the SSB. Not necessarily an insta-kill, but a good chance of one.

The explosive barrels are only attacking the fighters on the lower Arwing, so if you want to be safe from them, jump up to the top one if you're willing to exchange some health for safety from the hazard... so long as you time that jump correctly. Don't jump straight into the Barrel.

Eventually the Sarumarine will go away for a while until it returns later. It is also destroyable. In fact, it's a good idea to think of it as being similar to Yellow Devil in a way. You can destroy it and the last person to damage it before it runs out of HP will get a friendly explosion that damages anyone else touching it.

I hope you guys enjoyed this stage. I certainly do, but not having played the game I hope I didn't bastardize anything here.

Unlockable? Yes, play Flower Smash with Fox or Falco.

Music:
Zoness: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdDDVeyq6JMVs
Zoness (Assault): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwdGYlt-lBU
Boss B: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjb9FbH783s
FJ7X Star Fox 64 medley: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G9YNj6mkb8
Star Wolf/Sector Z: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ainOUt6gjeM
Mission Accomplished: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imqRVQPdn98

Last edited:

CostLow

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2509-2293-9367
I'm doing all color swaps so it might take a while but I've got both Robins done already.

Wonder if I should start a thread for these
That couldn't hurt, but maybe you could even put it in a blog??

Luugyhero12

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1435-3635-9083

Stage: Remix
Game: Rhythm Heaven Seires
Unlock: Unlock Chorus Kids
Songs:
Remix 1 (Fever)
Karate Joe Medley
Remix 7 (Fever)
Remix 8 (DS)
Remix 1 Tempo Up (Tengoku)
Gimmick: Depends On Game
Fan Club: Extra Platform With 9% Damage Claps

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Rhythm Remix

Rhythm Remix as a stage would function similarly to Flatzone 2 and Castle Siege. Its gimmick is that there are a load of different level layouts, and there is no set order.
When the stage first begins you always start on Karate Joe's flat level, and functionally it's identical to Final Destination. This form would also function as the Omega Form. However, when it comes time to change, the "perfect" icon in the top left will flicker in a corner to the beat of the music and one of the eight other layouts are chosen at random.

From the top left:
Hole in One has you on the island in the background. The only platforms are the leaves of the tree and the island itself, water surrounds both sides
Screwbot Factory is a flat plane with a walk-off edge on the left. The conveyor belt moves toward the left, so you always have to be on the move.
Working Dough is a flat plane with three platforms above, very similar in layout to Mario Circuit. Metal orbs will rush above as well.
Built to Scale is viewed from the side, with you walking on the same pane as the white line. There is a wall on the left but pits on either side. Occasionally a block will pop out from the right as an extra platform
Air Rally has you fighting on the two planes, similar to the Pilotwings level. Sometimes the plane on the right will move into the background, leaving only one to fight on.
Ringside has you fighting on the exterior of the Rhythm Arena, with the ground, awning, and roof as platforms.
Samurai Slice gives you one platform on the left, with a wall of branches on the right.
Karate Man is a flat plane like final destination, with pits on either side as well.
Bossa Nova is a single cloud platform that rises, with branches from the left and right coming down as platforms.

It's pretty much Pokemon Stadium, but with no inbetween phase, and another twist.
Depending on the music track selected, the speed that the level transforms at changes. Here are a few of the music choices, and how fast it causes the level to change.

Remix Smash - This track is special in particular because it matches whichever layout is currently active, and smoothly transitions between whichever is coming up next. Each of the songs are fixed to play at the same beat, and the layouts last for 30 seconds each. The exception is the Karate Man layout, which acts as an introductory period and only gets 10 seconds.
Lonely Storm (Japanese)/(English) - These two songs are much more generous in time, and give 42 seconds per level layout.
Wish - Can't Wait for You - This track is very lenient on time, giving you 60 seconds every time the level switches.
Rhythm Title Medley - More hectic matches will result from choosing this one, because each layout will last only 20 seconds each.
Remix 10 - For the particularly daring, this one will test reaction time. The level layout will change every time the music switches between minigames. This will cause some layouts to last longer than others, while others may only get five seconds or less before the level changes.

I believe this is probably the best way to capture the feeling of the Rhythm Heaven games while still making the level playable and easy to understand.

Squadaloo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RodRodney
Sounds like fun, I'll give this a shot.

Spagonia (Sonic series)
A medium sized stage where fighters battle on rooftops and balconies without too many gimmicks. The stage is made up of a mostly flat solid bottom with a slight ramp near the middle and right side marking the edge of the orange rooftops. The balcony on the left building is a passable platform as well. The platform above the center of the stage moves down the rope to the right when someone stands on it: the position of the platform can make a difference on whether or not a fighter can recover as easily from the right or not. After a set period of time, the platform rolls back up the rope automatically as long as nobody is standing on it.

If this is confusing, here is a version with the playable surfaces more clearly outlined. The dark blue is a solid platform. The lighter blue is the passable platform. The light green is the starting position of the platform, and the dark green is the platform at its furthest point from the stage.

It's worth noting this may not be 100% to scale or anything. I'm also not sure whether or not it's a good idea to have the pulley platform passable or not: it could be an interesting but potentially annoying idea to have it act as a very small but movable ceiling as part of the stage.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812

Spagonia (Sonic series)
A medium sized stage where fighters battle on rooftops and balconies without too many gimmicks. The stage is made up of a mostly flat solid bottom with a slight ramp near the middle and right side marking the edge of the orange rooftops. The balcony on the left building is a passable platform as well. The platform above the center of the stage moves down the rope to the right when someone stands on it: the position of the platform can make a difference on whether or not a fighter can recover as easily from the right or not. After a set period of time, the platform rolls back up the rope automatically as long as nobody is standing on it.

If this is confusing, here is a version with the playable surfaces more clearly outlined. The dark blue is a solid platform. The lighter blue is the passable platform. The light green is the starting position of the platform, and the dark green is the platform at its furthest point from the stage.

It's worth noting this may not be 100% to scale or anything. I'm also not sure whether or not it's a good idea to have the pulley platform passable or not: it could be an interesting but potentially annoying idea to have it act as a very small but movable ceiling as part of the stage.
Nice detail, man! You shoulda been around when the contest was still kicking.

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313

Spagonia (Sonic series)

Dang son, that's one nice stage. Like Kev said, it's a shame you weren't here while the stage contest was still going on.

ryuu seika

Smash Master

Except this isn't exclusive to Assault. Titania is where you go to save Slippy in Starfox 64 and the first of the two landmaster stages. That desert background should feature giant skeletons of the planet's unfortunate inhabitants and the hazard should, if possible, be a landmaster and not an ARwing so as to tie the two games together.

Besides that though, nice work.

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313
Except this isn't exclusive to Assault. Titania is where you go to save Slippy in Starfox 64 and the first of the two landmaster stages. That desert background should feature giant skeletons of the planet's unfortunate inhabitants and the hazard should, if possible, be a landmaster and not an ARwing so as to tie the two games together.

Besides that though, nice work.
I know it's not exclusive to Assault, but the stage design is based on the level from Assault (which was, as I mentioned, a hidden unlockable level that doesn't appear in the main story).

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313
GUYS

GUYS

THEY MADE THE WII U STAGE BUILDER NOT ****

DO YOU REALIZE WHAT THAT MEANS

DO YOU EVEN REALIZE

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
GUYS

GUYS

THEY MADE THE WII U STAGE BUILDER NOT ****

DO YOU REALIZE WHAT THAT MEANS

DO YOU EVEN REALIZE
This was my first reaction as well. I wonder how many backgrounds there are. Do they all have to be stock-feeling? Or can I make my own Mario stage or Pokemon stage? Clearly no real hazards or anything but... Just design wise.

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313
This was my first reaction as well. I wonder how many backgrounds there are. Do they all have to be stock-feeling? Or can I make my own Mario stage or Pokemon stage? Clearly no real hazards or anything but... Just design wise.
Even without hazards, I can still make the following stages of mine (near) perfectly just from what I've seen so far:

Bridge Zone
Black City/White Forest
Twilite Wood
Titania
And at least 1 orientation of the Labyrinth of Deceit

Just imagine what I can do with the features I DON'T know about.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Even without hazards, I can still make the following stages of mine (near) perfectly just from what I've seen so far:

Bridge Zone
Black City/White Forest
Twilite Wood
Titania
And at least 1 orientation of the Labyrinth of Deceit

Just imagine what I can do with the features I DON'T know about.
I could probably for the most part do my Fortree City. But ionno what else.

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313
SURPRISE, MOTHER****ERS

You all thought I was done with stages, didn't you? Well... I was, but not anymore! Now that there's a brand new stage builder to toy with, the creative juices have started flowing once again! However, what we've seen of the stage builder is limited, so I shall limit my stages in similar manners. As such, from here on out, any stage I make will have these specific guidlines:

1. Only use materials available in the new stage builder. At present, my research shows that that entails:
  • Solid Platforms
  • Drop-through Platforms
  • Springs
  • Cannons
  • Moving Platforms
  • Lava
And that's about it.

2. The location must reasonably fit withing one of the 5 available backgrounds. Those backgrounds are:
  • Sky
  • Space
  • Ocean
  • Toy
  • Lava
3. No hazards. Stagebuilder can't do 'em, so I won't have 'em.

So, those are the guidelines. Now then, without further ado, let me show you the first of my creations!

Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the world of Minecraft!

Name: Minecraft

Game: Minecraft

Stagebuilder Background: Ocean/Sky (either reasonably works)

Description: This level is situated on top of a mountain, so the walls go all the way down (as far as they can, anyways). This level is pretty straightforward. Very blocky main platform with another blocky floating platform (taking the form of a tree, much like in Tortimer Island). There is one key thing of note here, however: The floating platform is NOT drop through. It is completely solid, just like the main platform. This makes it almost more like the thing on the far right of Smash 64's Hyrule Castle.

If I had more freedom: Without the limitations I placed on myself, I probably would have made the stage randomized, like Tortimer Island. No more than 2 trees, but there could be none as well. Tree height could vary, maybe even a Large tree could spawn in (making the stage much more vertical). The mountain would mostly retain the curved shape no matter what.

Welp, that's it for this stage. I like how it turned out. What will I come up with from here? Even I don't know, but the stage builder makes anything most things a reasonable amount of things possible! Praise Sakurai! I'll be back with more stages (maybe possibly)!

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
SURPRISE, MOTHER****ERS

You all thought I was done with stages, didn't you? Well... I was, but not anymore! Now that there's a brand new stage builder to toy with, the creative juices have started flowing once again! However, what we've seen of the stage builder is limited, so I shall limit my stages in similar manners. As such, from here on out, any stage I make will have these specific guidlines:

1. Only use materials available in the new stage builder. At present, my research shows that that entails:
  • Solid Platforms
  • Drop-through Platforms
  • Springs
  • Cannons
  • Moving Platforms
  • Lava
And that's about it.

2. The location must reasonably fit withing one of the 5 available backgrounds. Those backgrounds are:
  • Sky
  • Space
  • Ocean
  • Toy
  • Lava
3. No hazards. Stagebuilder can't do 'em, so I won't have 'em.

So, those are the guidelines. Now then, without further ado, let me show you the first of my creations!

Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the world of Minecraft!

Name: Minecraft

Game: Minecraft

Stagebuilder Background: Ocean/Sky (either reasonably works)

Description: This level is situated on top of a mountain, so the walls go all the way down (as far as they can, anyways). This level is pretty straightforward. Very blocky main platform with another blocky floating platform (taking the form of a tree, much like in Tortimer Island). There is one key thing of note here, however: The floating platform is NOT drop through. It is completely solid, just like the main platform. This makes it almost more like the thing on the far right of Smash 64's Hyrule Castle.

If I had more freedom: Without the limitations I placed on myself, I probably would have made the stage randomized, like Tortimer Island. No more than 2 trees, but there could be none as well. Tree height could vary, maybe even a Large tree could spawn in (making the stage much more vertical). The mountain would mostly retain the curved shape no matter what.

Welp, that's it for this stage. I like how it turned out. What will I come up with from here? Even I don't know, but the stage builder makes anything most things a reasonable amount of things possible! Praise Sakurai! I'll be back with more stages (maybe possibly)!
Lol, you could make this stage with Brawl's stage builder

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313
Yeah... but it would look cooler with THIS stage builder...

Besides, that's only by virtue of Minecraft being based around blocks, just like the Brawl stage builder.

Also, I DID try to make this with Brawl's builder. But the proportions just seemed... off. Like, every single block was the size of Mario, which made the stage WAY too big. Plus the floating platform would then be either way too close to the ground, or way too far from it.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Yeah... but it would look cooler with THIS stage builder...

Besides, that's only by virtue of Minecraft being based around blocks, just like the Brawl stage builder.

Also, I DID try to make this with Brawl's builder. But the proportions just seemed... off. Like, every single block was the size of Mario, which made the stage WAY too big. Plus the floating platform would then be either way too close to the ground, or way too far from it.
Yeah... Brawl's wasn't very intuitive. The new one looks freaking glorious though. You think there'll be like DLC themes for it? Probably not but still?

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313
Yeah... Brawl's wasn't very intuitive. The new one looks freaking glorious though. You think there'll be like DLC themes for it? Probably not but still?
I hope there are. It wouldn't be that hard to implement (just new textures), and they're missing some very obvious and useful themes, such as a Desert and an Icy area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom