• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS Available on the Japanese eShop

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Japanese 3DS owners rejoice! There has just been a confirmation that Super Smash Bros. for 3DS is now available for download on the Japanese eShop! The game is due out in Japan on September 13th, but this is a nice treat for everyone - the downloadable version has been released one and a half hours prior to 12:00 JST.

The exact release time for the full game was in dispute with some saying 12 AM on the 13th and others even saying 10 am on the 13th. It's great that the game is now available to download on the Japanese eShop - many community figures are downloading it as we speak, ready to stream the game.

Many Smashboards members will be streaming the game as well, so please check some of them out! Make sure to check out Zipzo and Relax Alax's playthrough stream here! And as always for up to date information on Smash for 3DS, please go visit the Japanese Release Smash 3DS Information Thread and the Japanese Release Smash 3DS Information Discussion Thread.

Let the hype begin!

It's happening! It is finally here! Share in the hype by following Venus @VenustoBloom.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Don't let everyone know- it'll slow down my download speed!
Just kidding (kinda), the more Smashers the better!

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
It began 2 days ago Kappa
That was leaks though. This is the official download for everybody. Not to mention the streams and information will be on hand for Smashboards users...not just on Twitch.

Last edited:

Dims

Smash Cadet
So now Sakurai is patching the No Hype Three Bug, right? Now that the game is out!? Right guys!?

Last edited:

x-Ace-x

Smash Cadet
NNID
x-Ace-x
It's weird. Where are all the famous streamers.
I mean the pro players? Could they have been invited by Nintendo for the TreeHouse? It's really weird.

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
Hopefully we'll be able to figure out who's in the running for DLC by means of the trophies. So far from what I've seen Ridley, Mewtwo, K. Rool and Issac are all notably absent in the trophy department.

ahannoush4

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Drazzle
my download is at about 20% and I'm running off of my iPhone's hotspot! not bad #desperate

Last edited:

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
Ugh... this is difficult to be happy about for those of us with only American 3DS's. (Or at least me...) Call me bitter if you will but I can hardly stand the thought of not being able to play this game whilst others enjoy the game and LAUGH AT MY PAIN!!

(Okay, I know I'm being melodramatic... but still.)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
To all Japanese players who plan to use Rosalina, my complete coverage thread for her is open for contributions. Feel free to bring up your findings there at any time.

Modular Zeal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tsquared
3DS FC
2750-1105-6750
Ugh... this is difficult to be happy about for those of us with only American 3DS's. (Or at least me...) Call me bitter if you will but I can hardly stand the thought of not being able to play this game whilst others enjoy the game and LAUGH AT MY PAIN!!

I completely agree, now i really want a Japanese 3DS so this never happens again.

ConeZ

Smash Apprentice

I have an American 3DS, but I am still LAUGHING AT YOUR PAIN. MUAHAHAHAHAHA

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
Hopefully we'll be able to figure out who's in the running for DLC by means of the trophies. So far from what I've seen Ridley, Mewtwo, K. Rool and Issac are all notably absent in the trophy department.
Was a Custom Robo that was a Ray Model found as a trophy yet? He (Ray Mk III) was removed as an Assist Trophy.

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Keep in mind, Sakurai said some items and assist trophies are version-exclusive! :)

Sxips

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dark_Dino
Switch FC
SW-8329-8819-7281
But can we please get eshop demo in U.S plz

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
We better get a demo in the US today after the pointless Treehouse thing, I'll hurt someone otherwise.

Boss N

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Boss-N
3DS FC
0044-3869-2757
I can do nothing but softly cry to myself with my ameican 3DS T_T

But could this mean the American download will be early as well?

Last edited:

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
Wow, only Platinum members get it early while the rest wait till next Friday? That's so stupid, especially when it counts your current status and not the status before the anniversary thing, which always gets reset after.

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
Wow, only Platinum members get it early while the rest wait till next Friday? That's so stupid, especially when it counts your current status and not the status before the anniversary thing, which always gets reset after.
What are you referring to?

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
What are you referring to?
Platinum Club Nintendo members (from this year, after the reset, not last year) are the only ones that get the 3DS Smash demo today via download codes sent to their e-mails, while people that don't get Platinum IN HARDLY TWO MONTHS have to wait till next Friday.

It's honestly plain stupid, I don't see what's keeping them from giving everyone the demo at the same time. Japan didn't get this bs, why should we?

Top Bottom