• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Funny that the next gen will be pretty much abbreviated to 1 vs. 4 vs. U. The names are getting lazy. :laugh:

Didn't watch the Xbox conference, so what in particular was bad about it or the console itself?
Nothing was terrible, but they focused more on the TV and social integration aspects over the games. They only showed like Forza and COD, and maybe some other stuff I've already forgotten...
EDIT: Oh yeah... sports. I got a drink during that part. :smirk:

The console itself looks fine, just waiting to hear about more games.

D

Deleted member

Just for the record, it would best to ignore this guy if you haven't already seen this thread.

Welcome to any newcomers from the past few days. :)
I was just about to type a decent sized response to him, but thanks for warning me.

And yeah, the hype train is coming.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
For a video game console they showed very little video games.
As much of a Microsoft fan as I'm not, could part of that be because E3 in the coming weeks? Did they even mention E3 at all?

No games aside, I'll predict that VG analysts will still claim that Nintendo is doomed.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I find it odd that people are acting like only now we're getting new users, when they've been trickling in for a while. :confused:

As much of a Microsoft fan as I'm not, could part of that be because E3 in the coming weeks? Did they even mention E3 at all?

No games aside, I'll predict that VG analysts will still claim that Nintendo has no chance.
Yeah, they said they were going to focus on games at E3. Not a Microsoft fan either, but should be a good showing, they said they had 15 exclusive titles for the launch year.

And we've been Nintendoomed for months now according to VG analysts (well years actually), this will add fuel to the fire (it already has), but things should start changing after that upcoming super Direct.

D

Deleted member

N3ON said:
I find it odd that people are acting like only now we're getting new users, when they've been trickling in for a while.
It's more that the amount of new people coming in are increasing, at least on this site and that activity has been noticeably increasing.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It's more that the amount of new people coming in are increasing, at least on this site and that activity has been noticeably increasing.
Yeah I suppose. Still won't compare to the flood post-trailer. We'll need to head to the bunkers. :laugh:

I hope groups are back by then.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Yeah, but I'm just referring to predicted flood-in of new users when the trailer's done... but I'll be glad if I turn out to be wrong. We could manage with less.

N30N: You We can dream... (-;A;- )

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Just another three weeks of waiting to go. I wonder if they will create separate boards for the characters that get confirmed at E3 2013?

The long war is finally coming to an end. I am really crossing my fingers Ridley is among the first newcomers confirmed. Been waiting WAY TOO LONG for him to be playable.

Anyone else think Smash 4 is going to be unveiled in a separate Nintendo Direct from the rest of Nintendo's 3DS/Wii U stuff?

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Just another three weeks of waiting to go. I wonder if they will create separate boards for the characters that get confirmed at E3 2013?

The long war is finally coming to an end. I am really crossing my fingers Ridley is among the first newcomers confirmed. Been waiting WAY TOO LONG for him to be playable.

Anyone else think Smash 4 is going to be unveiled in a separate Nintendo Direct from the rest of Nintendo's 3DS/Wii U stuff?
Saying it like any lord would, hahah.

I'd dig that. A direct solely for SSB4... especially if it's half-hour+. *drools*

I just really, REALLY hope I'll end up hyping to someone too. Money's on Palutena but I'd be more than happy if I saw more I've been supporting.

(PleaseincludeLiporStarfyplease)

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412

I believe it was already announced that 3D Mario, Mario Kart and Smash bros would all be in 1 Nintendo Direct on Sunday (the didn't actually Sunday, but that was when the last Pre-E3 Nintendo Direct was released.) but in that direct I hope Smash 4 gets more than just 5mins of screenshots.

We are really little over 2 weeks away from E3 it's kinda hard not to get hyped. I don't want to be let down again.

D

Deleted member

I hope so. One thing I really want to do with the Mega Man board if he's confirmed is to create a haven for people wanting to avoid the drama of the Smash 4 scene.

after all, Mega Man's wish is to create everlasting peace.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Anyone feel consoles are archaic?

Since they seem to be going in the direction of 1 box that provides all forms of entertainment, I have to say. My PC has better specs and has access to all the videos and games I could want

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
It was already announced that 3D Mario, Mario Kart and Smash bros would all be in 1 Nintendo Direct on Sunday (the didn't actually Sunday, but that was when the last Pre-E3 Nintendo Direct was released.

We are really little over 2 weeks away from E3 it's kinda hard not to get hyped. I don't want to be let down again.
I would like to see a link for that.

Also, keep in mind Brawl was unveiled at a separate event, not at Nintendo's E3 conference in 2006.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I would like to see a link for that.

Also, keep in mind Brawl was unveiled at a separate event, not at Nintendo's E3 conference in 2006.
Isn't that what was announced here???

Iwata said:
We will discuss new Smash Bros., 3D Mario game, Mario Kart
and other Wii U titles in our #NintendoDirectNA before the start of E3
Source: http://wiiudaily.com/2013/05/nintendo-games-before-e3/

Seeing how E3 starts the 11th, the Nintendo Direct can be released either on the 9th or the 10th. I just say the 9th, because that was the same date when the last Pre-E3 Nintendo Direct was shown.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

I'd guess they'd do something to separate the confirmed characters from the others. Didn't they do something like that last time? I can't remember.

And while Smash 4 isn't going to be unveiled on its own, one part of that Nintendo Direct schedule rumor floating around I liked was a Direct especially for Smash, to go into more detail. I'm not sure how likely that would be, but if it happened that would be pretty awesome.

I hope so. One thing I really want to do with the Mega Man board if he's confirmed is to create a haven for people wanting to avoid the drama of the Smash 4 scene.

after all, Mega Man's wish is to create everlasting peace.
While it'd probably be better than the mosh pit that would be the "unconfirmed section" I doubt anywhere will truly be safe from the all-encompassing drama of the Smash 4 scene. :demon::laugh:
Except a backroom.

But yeah, separate boards are a good idea, I hope they're implemented. Hear that mods?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
So June 10 will be the latest we will have to wait for the unveil of Smash 4 if NOA is to be believed. Very early in the second week of June, which is good. Even if our waiting is cut down by a single day, that is still one less day we will have to wait. Would be nice if we could get a date and time for this pre-E3 Nintendo Direct.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Its less than a month at this point. Three weeks to be more precise. In a week or two, we will be going by DAYS for how much longer we have to wait for Smash 4. Pretty exciting. I can still vividly remember when we still have multiple months to wait for Smash 4.

The truly exciting thing is that in the context for how long we have been waiting for Smash 4 (when it was announced at E3 2011, and even for those of us who have waited since even Brawl's release), is that we probably will only have to wait another 1.5 years for the actual game. I can see Smash 4 being Nintendo's big holiday title for the 3DS and Wii U, especially considering that Mario Kart and the 3D Mario platformer will have already been out by then.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Its less than a month at this point. Three weeks to be more precise. In a week or two, we will be going by DAYS for how much longer we have to wait for Smash 4. Pretty exciting. I can still vividly remember when we still have multiple months to wait for Smash 4.

The truly exciting thing is that in the context for how long we have been waiting for Smash 4 (when it was announced at E3 2011, and even for those of us who have waited since even Brawl's release), is that we probably will only have to wait another 1.5 years for the actual game. I can see Smash 4 being Nintendo's big holiday title for the 3DS and Wii U, especially considering that Mario Kart and the 3D Mario platformer will have already been out by then.
I really hope Sakurai keeps his promise about the wait being "worth it". You better manage to make our genitals explode when unveiling SSB4.

Ah maan, it's so close.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Meh nothing really intrested me...it was alot like PS4's Reveal imo...i watched it live at 6:00 on my Xbox 360 Dashboard.....

I sooo knew they were gonna go take the route of
''the one console that does it all....''

3/4 of the event blaas blaa TV Shows...god bless NFL....
1/4 show a few games....

I might skip the 720 this yeah...''yeah i just called it 720...''

I think the WiiU is the one this gen...certain charm from nintendo games i miss and just cant experience on other consoles...plus games end up more boring and fustrating then fun...

I guess bad/bland console names are a fashion these days...still something Nintendo done first xD.

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
Am over at a McDonalds using their WiFi. Surprisingly it seems that my computer is fine, it's only at home where I run into problems. :confused: Something's definitely wrong with my router. But anyway to quick respond to things I've noticed while lurking the past few days:

@Bayonetta Rumor: Definitely seems like something that could make some sense given that "Sakurai at Platinum Games" a while back, but I'm still not buying it just yet. As for Bayonetta herself, I still don't want to see her in Smash, and while I would always be a tad disappointed, I'd definitely be butthurt at first but then get over it 5 minutes later.

Just for the record, it would best to ignore this guy if you haven't already seen this thread.

Welcome to any newcomers from the past few days. :)
It's not my fault people don't have controllers TURBO ENOUGH!.
That thread is no excuse for you to start being ignorant to everything I say, it just shows you take things for granted.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Project Diva (in other words no Hatsune Miku)
As I've said before, this couldn't happen no matter what. As much as I love Vocaloid, it is a music product, not a videogame. The only way we'll see appearances of the Vocaloids is if we get character customization (not creating). I do this for my Vocaloid cosplay team in Tekken Tag 2 which always gets remarks at tournaments. Ironically, this would be more in spirit with Vocaloid as the Vocaloids in the music videos are always "animated actors". They are what we make of them though it seems like Miku might be developing her own personality as she gets more coverage.

Anyone feel consoles are archaic?

Since they seem to be going in the direction of 1 box that provides all forms of entertainment, I have to say. My PC has better specs and has access to all the videos and games I could want
Well, a console is a lot easier to chug around than a PC. From a multiplayer standpoint, consoles are a lot more efficient and cheaper.

As for the new Xbox, I'm feeling meh with it. Nothing there excited me as it was all entirely multimedia related. You can definitely see how different of a company MS is from Sony and Nintendo. This is the kind of thing that my favorite computer science teacher would adore for its combination of ubiquitous computing and the use of combining different media together. Meanwhile, Nintendo and Sony have shifted their focus to more on the social gaming end, preferring to evolve the concept of a videogame console more gradually than Microsoft.

All in all, the best thing about the parts of the conference I saw was the CollerDuty Dog. BlazBlue's Hype Dog has a new friend.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Can;t wait for the abridged version of the XBox reveal. The PS4 Abridged reveal was and is comedy gold.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Frankly the only one that doesn't have a dumb name is the PS4 and that's only because it's super uncreative.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I really hope Sakurai keeps his promise about the wait being "worth it". You better manage to make our genitals explode when unveiling SSB4.

Ah maan, it's so close.
Thats what i have been saying/thinking too....Sakurai & Iwata know everyone is hungry for Sm4sh news...but when they go and hype it too...its even worse...its not even hyping its Hype=Teasing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom