• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 3DS - Composers Revealed

AkashicSword

Yokai
With the release of Smash Bros for 3DS drawing nearer with each passing day, Sakurai has finally revealed details regarding the team of composers that have worked on creating the music for the latest Smash installment. Since early in development, fans have speculated that Sakurai would not bring together another musical ensemble like the one present in Brawl. This theory had been further backed by the fact that while the tremendous amount of effort put into Brawl's music team was announced early in development, fans had not heard any news about how much time and effort was to be placed in the new games' soundtrack, until now. Along with three short clips of what the new sound team has worked on, Sakurai has revealed the full list of composers for Smash 3DS, and it is as mighty and as noteworthy as Brawl's. You can sample the new tracks and view the whole list here.

Along with two remixes, Sakurai posted an new arrangement for Multi-Man Smash!
The team of composers come from a large variety of musical backgrounds. Many of the composers have worked on critically acclaimed games in the past. Here's a small sample of what the new Smash Bros. composers have worked on:
  • Yasunori Mitsuda - Chrono Trigger
  • Motoi Sakuraba - 'Tales of' series, Dark Souls series
  • Tetsuya Shibaya - Devil May Cry 2-4
  • Yoko Shimomura - Kingdom Hearts series, Mario and Luigi series
  • Mahito Yokota - Super Mario Galaxy 1 + 2, Super Mario 3D World
  • Atsuko Asahi - Mario Kart 8, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
  • Ryo Nagamatsu - A Link Between Worlds, Nintendo Land
  • Yuzo Koshiro - Etrian Odyssey
With this abundantly over-qualified team at work, the soundtrack for Smash 3DS promises to be a fine work of art.

What composers are you most excited to see included on the elite team? Are there any composers that would make the team even better? Who do you think is also working on the Wii U version? Discuss below.

As a self-proclaimed Video Game music maniac, AkashicSword cannot even begin to express how excited he is to see the quality put forth into the new soundtrack. Fan girl with him @AkashicGaming.

Satan-

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3969-6402-0771
Can't wait to listen to this music on my 3DS. Though I'll probably be getting all my favorite tracks on my phone anyways so.....

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm personally really excited to see what Masashi Hamauzu has in store for Smash 3DS. I'm a huge fan of the FFXIII series, and I loved his work there.

I'm hoping Tomoya Ohtani will be involved in the Wii U version, and he almost definitely will be - He was the composer of Sonic Unleashed, Sonic Colours, and Sonic Lost World. Since Lost World is getting a stage on Wii U, I'm sure we'll be seeing him there.

Coastward

Smash Lord
this doesn't mean that much.

final fantasy composer and tekken composer are involved, does that mean lightning and jin are gonna be in the game?

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
It's gonna be tough topping Brawl's soundtrack.

Looking forward to this!!

_yuna

Smash Apprentice
Them mentioning what they previously worked on will no doubt cause some people to get their hopes up. Especially in regards to Nobuko Toda, with him being one of the guys' responsible for MGS4's soundtrack. With no Harry Gregson Williams I doubt it means anything though, sadly.

Shame on you for not mentioning Keiichi Okabe though. Undoubtably the best of the lot.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I'd like to see Jun Ishikawa and Hirokazu Ando. Their songs may be added from the previous Smash games, such as Kirby and Multi-Man Melee 1 and 2, but I'd like to actually see them being apart of this.

Scourge The Hedgehog

Evil Sonikku
NNID
JayJayPlushie
3DS FC
2535-4437-8099
That Multi-Man Smash song. Someone get me a downloadable version of it please and thank you. (I wish any way)

D

Deleted member

One of the composers worked on Chrono Trigger? My ears can already feel it

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
Legitimately thought it was a character reveal for the Legend of Zelda Composer Brothers. I'm so out of it today.

I literally just ran into these guys yesterday while going through Majora's for the first time ever :p Such a good game!

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
I'm really into FF music, it is hype. Also, I loved all of the MK8 Music. It was my love. <3

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Great to see that a strong group of composers are returning. Music is the sound of the human soul.. and video game music is the same. The emotions and ideas that these songs portray add depth to the game.. in fact, Nintendo has always placed importance on good music. It's nice to see a fine collection anywhere... especially in Super Smash Bros.

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
The 3 songs on the site are freakin amazing. I just wished they weren't only 50 seconds. The soundtrack of this game can easily beat Brawl's if done right and based on the composers, it looks very promising. This update today actually made me cancel a pre-order of Alpha Sapphire and put the money toward Smash 3DS.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Looking forward to Masafumi Takada. Disappointed in no Shogo Sakai.

dacheeko

Smash Rookie
i though when i saw kingdom hearts that ment there would be kingdom hearts song in it :urg:

Aidan Drury

Smash Rookie
NNID
Aidansapunk
3DS FC
4639-9589-2345
They did mention Metal Gear Solid 4 in there...does this mean Snake's coming back?

Hero of the Winds

Smash Journeyman
this doesn't mean that much.

final fantasy composer and tekken composer are involved, does that mean lightning and jin are gonna be in the game?
It gives us a taste of what the music styles of the game are going to be like. Characters aren't the only thing that matters.

Pokefan203

Smash Apprentice
That Multi-man smash is so powerful,
it's a higher tier than brawl metaknight.

BTW, here's an extended version on youtube that people on IOS/Android can use.

PacoTaco

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4312-9999-1091
Anyone else get chills when you heard "Full Steam Ahead"? Spirit Tracks is one of my favorite Zelda games and it made me very happy :yoshimelee:

Da Black Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlackRabbit87
3DS FC
1650-1675-4360
If there was one thing about Brawl that made it superior to Melee, it was the sound track. This game seems to be primed to blow both entries out the water with such amazingly talented composers. Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts have some of my favorite BGMs and Songs in their cataloug, combine that with composers behind Devil May Cry, Tekken, Metal Gear, Soul Calibur and Ridge Racer.

Smash 3ds/Wii U might just have the best OST for the next 10 years in gaming...

Top Bottom