• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Minecraft Bros.

Jeff the Killer

Smash Cadet

What is Super Minecraft Bros.?
Super Minecraft Bros. is a Minecraft/Smash mod I will be developing for the world. What it is is a compilation of Smash and Minecraft. I will use entirely Minecraft items, blocks and skins. I will, however, tell you that there will be Super Smash Bros. Brawl elements, too. This is the thread for the Super Smash Bros. Brawl Mod. The Minecraft Mod thread will come soon.

What specifically is this mod?
Well, this mod utilizes multiple changes within Brawl, including deletion of the Subspace Emissary, certain characters, stages, and the air dodge mechanic used in Brawl. Now, it will use the mechanic in Melee, to a more extended use. Also returning is Board the Platforms and Adventure Mode. Race to the Finish is a new mode in the mod, being the first...mix I guess, to use it. Now furthermore, Java will not be used to power this game for obvious reasons. Characters move just like their Brawl counterparts, not their Minecraft counterparts. Characters will not vary in sizes, as Minecraft models and cannot change, deal with it.

How many characters? Stages?
Scroll down for the roster so far, and as for stages, I will NOT reveal them as of yet.

What are KOs like?
Unlike Brawl, a KO will be a blast from TNT blocks from Minecraft. A Star KO will pretty much be the same as always. The screen KO will include you bumping into the screen like a mob dies. A new addition, though, is a Creeper KO. The Creeper KO is rare, but is very funny. It is only used if a character is Star KO'ed x amount of times. What happens is if the character is Star KO'ed again after the x amount of times, a Creeper will go above him, and send him to the screen, then back to the stars, and finally the character will KO after one more hit and uses the Mob death animation.

Recovery?
As for recovery, certain characters will gain an enormous boost in recovery. Characters like Link, Roy, and Donkey Kong will gain the boost. Characters like Ness, Lucas, and Ike will lose some vertical distance. Ike does get a boost of horizontal recovery to substitute it, though.

Demo 0.1:
Final Destination (Melee)
Battlefield (Brawl)
Hyrule Castle (SSB)
Princess Peach's Castle (Melee)
Princess Peach's Castle (SSB)
5 Items
Link
Mario
Pikachu
Sora
Captain Falcon
Meta Knight

Roster (v2):

Veterans
All SSB characters except for:
Kirby
Jigglypuff
King Dedede
Diddy Kong
Sonic
Mr. Game and Watch

Newcomers:
Sora (confirmed)
Riku
Lea
Even
Cloud (confirmed)
Chris Redfield (confirmed)
Leon S. Kennedy
Sherry Birkin (confirmed)
Jill Valentine
Slenderman (confirmed)
Jeff the Killer (confirmed)
Jane the Killer (confirmed)
Stephen the Killer (confirmed)
Skyward Link
Vaati (confirmed)
Rosalina (confirmed)
Gold Mario
Koopa Troopa
Toad
Meowth
Wooper (confirmed)
Samurai Goroh
Funky Kong

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I'm not even sure if this is the right section .-.

Jeff the Killer

Smash Cadet
Hey, I said it COULD be a Smash Bros. mod. I am not certain yet as to how I am going to do this, yet. Please give me time to think. All good games (or mods in this case) have the first step of thinking. But, if you must want it in another section, be sure to point me to where it is.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
You can think all you want, but this subforum has a policy of showing proof of concept. Come back later when you actually have something to show.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Think before you act.

Get the whole plan down before going out and making a thread.

Actually, get the whole plan down and then make something before going out and making a thread.

Them's the rules of the forum, son.

Jeff the Killer

Smash Cadet
Oh, okay, I just wanted you to see a version 0.1 picture...when I find out how to post one.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
You don't know how to post pictures?
Code:
[img]image url here[/img]

Jeff the Killer

Smash Cadet
It is pretty easy to turn Brawl into Brawlcraft. There was even a video of Steve as Link in a Minecraft house, so it would be easy to make it into a Smash mod. You know what, it will probably be both. It will take more time to make the Brawl Mod, so I will move this to the general gaming lighthouse, and when I get the Minecraft version done, I will make the Brawl Mod.

Jeff the Killer

Smash Cadet
@dettadeus: So?

Anyways, this thread will now be for the Smash Bros. Edition. No more talk about the Minecraft version.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Sora (confirmed)
Riku
Goku
Cloud
Sephiroth
Rosalina
Gold Mario
Skyward Link
Otacon
Chris Redfield
Jill Valentine
Vaati
Oh joy, what a wonderful list of newcomers.

And seriously, can you explain more specifically what this mod will do? Currently nothing in the OP is even close to relevant to the Minecraft theme.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
@dettadeus: So?

Anyways, this thread will now be for the Smash Bros. Edition. No more talk about the Minecraft version.
Writing Java for a game that uses ASM (for our purposes given we can't do anything outside of manipulate it through Gecko Codes) is like a person speaking Mandarin Chinese to me assuming I'm unable to learn Mandarin Chinese.

Jeff the Killer

Smash Cadet
Let me explain, I will extract the model of the Minecraft "Steve" character, find custom skins, remove all of the models from Brawl, add new movesets for new characters, and furthermore, NOT USE JAVA!

blerb

Smash Journeyman
Honestly man, if you do not even know the difference between "Java and not Java" I can guarantee you that you will not get far. At all.

To do this entire project on your own is an enormous undertaking that will take years of learning, practice and refining. If you really believe you can create custom animations (that actually surpass the Uncanny Valley effect), models, menu items and sounds, then good luck, because you're gonna need a tonne of it (and x 1,000,000 patience).

I'd take the time to start with little projects to actually learn the ropes of Brawl modding. Do some animating, modelling and texturing and then come and see how large and time-consuming this "idea" will be.

Jeff the Killer

Smash Cadet
Now please hold your fire. Now, I am going to work on this with my colleagues in school and hope this will work out finely. This is a modified Brawl, okay.

Top Bottom