• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SUPER LION 4 - Villefontaine (near Lyon), FRANCE - August 7-9th-CONFIRM BEFORE AUG 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

porc

Smash Journeyman

The tournament is a 3 day event, featuring both Melee and Brawl tournaments

PRE-REGISTRATIONS (AND NOW CONFIRMATIONS) ARE OPEN : http://ti.bug.free.fr/ssbm/
Feel free to register even if you're not 100% sure to come. Everything you put in when registering can be edited, but once you'll confirm your venue, it won't be anymore.
There will also be a housing section on this website, where you'll be able to say if you need some, for how long, why, etc.

The deadline is Sunday, August 2 : past this day, if you aren’t confirmed on the TSL4 website, you won’t be able to attend the tournament. This rule applies to anyone, no matter who you are.

The venue

Postal Address :

Salle Didier Latimier
Parc du Vellein
Villefontaine 38090
FRANCE

Salepâte :

Cellphone: 0033::6..8::0..8::3..2::9..4::4
E-mail: noefamily [at] hotmail [dot] fr

porc :

Cellphone: 0033::6..1::8..8::2..7::7..6::2
E-mail: godisinthedonut [at] hotmail [dot] com

Reaching the venue from Lyon La Part Dieu, which is the nearest (big) train station

You need to take the Viver-Merle exit of the trainstation and go the bus stop "Part-Dieu Renaudel" (See the map). The bus itself is called "Transisère 1920" and it will last approximatively 45 minutes- the arrival is "La Cruizille".
You'd better ask the driver to warn you when he arrives at the bus stop. Beware, some of these buses won't stop at La Cruizille, so you'd better ask him if you're unsure.
Price : 3 euros
Once you arrive you can either call salepate or porc, or look at the little map bellow.

Bus timetable :
http://transisere.fr/horaires_ligne...eriod_code=-1&version_id=-1&heure=7&minute=55

"plus tard" means "later".

/!\ Warning, there's no bus on Sunday /!\

If you're coming by plane

The closest airport is named "Saint-Exupery", it's near Lyon.

I know we originally said that we would pick everyone up at Lyon - St Exupery Airport, but it looks like it's gonna be very hard to fulfill this task afterall...

At first, we thought that by the time, Salepate and I would have passed our driving licence. I failed mine, and Salepate take the exam next week so we're not sure.
We also counted on my parents' help, but they just told me that they might not be able to help with this anymore.
It lefts Salepate's brother, but he's very busy and won't do more than one pick up.

That's why we're gonna have to ask you to come to Villefontaine (the actual city where the tournament is held) by yourself :

From the airport, you have to take a 30 mins bus called "Satobus" (easy to find) : It cost 6.30€ if you're under 24 years old. You have to stop at "Lyon Part-Dieu" (you can ask the driver to warn you).

From Lyon Part-Dieu, you then have to take an other bus called "Transisere 1920". It's 45 mins long and it costs 2.10€ if you're under 26. If you're coming to my house, stop at "Les Roches" but if you're coming directly to the venue, stop at "La Cruizille" (again, ask the driver, cause sometime they skip those stops -_-).

I know we screwed up a bit and we apologize... But there's still hope we'll manage to pick some of you. That's why I'd like everyone arriving at Lyon St Exupery to tell me their time of arrival and the number of people travelling with 'em (either here, or PM, or MSN). Thank you.

The second closest airport is in Grenoble (Grenoble airport). It's a one hour by car from the venue, so we can't pick you there. You will have to take a train : see bellow.

Reaching the venue from Grenoble

You need to take a train from Grenoble to a city called "La Verpilliere" (it's right next to Villefontaine, where the venue is).
You can find train tickets here : http://www.tgv-europe.com/en/, they're about 22€ there and back.
When you're arrived, either call us and we can pick you up 'cause we have a little time. Either you walk to the venue, thanks to this map :

The tournament

Entry fee:

Venue : 10€ (mandatory, even if you don't participate to any tournament)
Brawl doubles : 5€ (per teammate)
Brawl singles : 5€
Melee doubles : 5€ (per teammate)
Melee singles : 5€
____
Total : 30€ if you participate to everything.

Cash prizes
Except the money for the venue, the TVs and stuff we may need, everything goes to cash prizes.

Top 5 of each event gets something (% to be determine).

Organizers :

porc (Lion King)
Salepâte (Lion King)
Slhoka (Bracketologist)

helped by : Tonberry, Vargas, Wii Lee, Zyx, Baxon, Joanna Dark, Achoral, Blad01...

Schedule

• Friday :
  • 09h : The venue opens / registrations
  • 12h : Brawl Team Event
  • 16h : Brawl Single Event
  • 01h : You're no longer forced to do your bracket matches, but you'll also have to be quiet

Saturday :
  • 10h : Melee Team Event
  • 16h : Melee Single Event
  • 00h : All Star Crew (10 on 10), also the same as the previous day.

Sunday :
  • 10h : You can finish your bracket matches
  • Freeplay, or an other event IF WE HAVE TIME (Melee Low Tier, Crews ...)

Monday :
  • Cleaning and good byes, while a few may still play on some TVs left in a corner. HELP is appriciated...

Tuesday :
  • 7h : Everyone wake up and leave :)
  • 8h30 : Venue is closed.

Melee Single Rules
  • Items: None
  • Limit: 4 stocks
  • Time Limit: 8 minutes
  • Random Stages: Final Destination, Dreamland, Pokemon Stadium
  • Additional Counterpick stages: Battlefield, Fountain of Dreams, Yoshi's Story, Donkey Kong 64, Rainbow Ride
  • DSR is on: You cannot choose the stage that granted you your last victory (the random stage counts).
  • PSR is on: You have 3 min max to choose you counterpick stage and character, otherwise, the stage is set to random (this rule require a refery that you have to ask for before your match).
  • Wobbling is forbidden.
  • Stalling is forbidden.
  • You'll have to pass round robins to be qualified.
  • Bestof 3 for the first set.
  • Bestof 5 for all the other sets except the finals (this may change if we don't have enough time).
  • Bestof 7 for the finals.

Procedure :
  • For the first match: both players choose their character at the same time, they can also tell a third person which character they plan to use. Beware, no cheating, if the third person plans to help one player or the other, it may result in disqualification.
  • For every subsequent match, the loser chooses the stage, then the winner chooses his character and finally the loser chooses his.
  • /!\ Warning: Stage Banning is allowed/!\

Melee Team Rules
  • The sames rules as Singles with these exceptions:
  • Time Limit: 10 minutes
  • Additional Counterpick Stages: Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Donkey Kong 64, Rainbow Ride.

Brawl Single Rules
  • Items: None and set to Off.
  • Limit: 3 stocks.
  • Time Limit: 8 minutes.
  • NO codes allowed, except codes that don't change the gameplay (like infinite replays and tags in replays). BUT, before each matches, both players will have to check if there isn't any weird codes. If s uch codes were discovered after the begining of a match, it would be too late.
  • Random Stages: Battlefield, Smashville, Final Destination.
  • Additional Counterpick Stages: Pokemon Stadium 1, Yoshi's Island, Lylat, Castle Siege, Halberd, Rainbow Cruise, Frigate, Norfair, Delfino Plaza.
  • DSR is on (see Melee rules for details).
  • PSR is on (see Melee rules for details).
  • Stalling is forbidden (planking included).
  • If both players want to use the same controller's port, they may decide by doing "Rock-Paper-Scissors".
  • If time has elapsed, victory is given to the player having the most stocks, otherwise Sudden Death has to be played.
  • Every glitch and infinite exploits are strictly forbidden (e.g: Meta Knight's infinite Cap)
  • If Kirby (by doing a Neutral-B), or Bowser (by using his Forward-B), or Ganondorf (using his Forward-B), or DDD (by using his Neutral-B) ends the match with a suicide attack, sudden death is to be ignored and victory given to the author of the suicide.
  • Best of 3 for all the matches except finals in Best of 5.
  • /!\ Warning: Stage Banning and Stage Reset are allowed/!\

Brawl Team Rules
  • Rules mentioned above are valid except:
  • Time Limit: 10 minutes
  • If players fight for the controller's ports, it's a Rock Paper Scissors between the two teams. The winning team may decide to choose either the first and last ports or the second and third ports.

All Star Melee Crews

What is under that name is not known yet. It can be a crew tournament, or one big crew battle between the top 20... We don't know yet.

The Organisation

Food

There's gonna be a truck selling food in front of the venue during the whole tournament : pizzas, hot dogs, sandwhiches, french frizes, snacks, [...]

You can still go to the supermarket if you want, but it's a 15 min walk. And if you do so :
/!\ Warning: We ask you to keep the kitchen as it was, that means: Clean /!\

Housing

On friday, saturday, sunday and monday nights everyone can sleep at the venue. Bring Your Sleeping Bags or whatever you like to sleep with !

We ask you to please come on Friday and leave on Monday, we don't have big houses and we can't host many people. We're really sorry for this.

We're building a website for people to register on. On this website there is gonna be a housing section where you'll be able to put wether you need some or not, and you'll also say if you dont mind being housed in Paris or somewhere else than Lyon (because salepate and me have very few places to offer, this time).

Some other rules
  • Bring Your Own Controller
  • Do NOT smoke inside.
  • Trashcans will be placed everywhere, so whenever you see trash please put it in a trashcan
  • A sleeping zone will be "created" in the venue. So at midnight, every TV close to this place have to be Sound Disabled. As for the other TVs, you have to lower the sound. We also ask you to stay quiet.
  • The timing is sharp, so please when you have a match to do, do it (unless it's 1 AM). Between the first and the second set, players will have max 10 minutes unless they get forfeited (of course if there's no TV free, we won't blame you, but you have to warn us)
  • About Freeplay: First of all, it is strictly forbidden to do freeplay during the first sets of each event. We will tell you when you can start freeplaying again. Then, freeplay is allowed on both Melee and Brawl (whichever the day is) BUT : On friday, Brawl has priority over Melee, and if players want to play Brawl, you have no choice but to let them play it if you were playing Melee. On Saturday, Melee has priorty and on Sunday both Brawl and Melee have the same priority.
  • Be "fairplay": don't throw your controller (you might hurt someone, lol). Handshake and so on...
    [*]You must be aware of the game rules. If there's a problem but the match has already started, you can't complain, it would be too late.
  • Listen carefully the hosts when they announce something.

Kone

Smash Master
Been about 4 years since i made a french tourney. Lyon is meant to be cool. Ill look into this

Inertia123

Smash Journeyman
This sounds awesome. I'll definitely try and come to this if possible even though its a long way away. How do you get on the interested list?

Also no Corneria as a melee counter? Wheres Fox gonna go :..(

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
OMFG! Another TSL!?
Kriz and I went to TSL3 last summer, and I really can't tell anything else but the fact that the tournament was awesome! Porc and Salepate are really good organizers!
Is Slhoka coming too? :O

Edit: nevermind, saw him on the organizers list! :)

porc

Smash Journeyman
Yeah it is.

You can all start booking :)

EDIT : Well wait a minut... I booked the venue, but I'll go pay during the week so... wait until then, it's saifer.

EDIT 2 : Hey Tonberry, this time the organisation is gonna be even better (I hope) : bigger venue (the 2nd floor of the previous one), more organizers, and a lot of experience aquired in hosting tournaments since last year, lol !

Kone

Smash Master
charles- probs not man :/ ill only have space for 5 as ill have to use my own car. likely ill have joe/will/adam/jam/robby and Z or some arrangement. if things change will let u know, i dont wanna be going into london :) and willt ake northerners with me in prefernce as its harder for them and their nearer me.

Kone

Smash Master
u can add me and charles. ill talk to the others, ive just spoken on their behalf to be honest and theres a good chance none of them will want to come. but im sure theyll see this soon or ill talk to them about it :)

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Brawl: 40% of the pot
Melee: 60% of the pot

laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa~meee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:059:

porc

Smash Journeyman
Please don't go there dude :(

It's only because the majority of interested people are more into Melee. It's only fair for em.
Plus it's a way to show that Melee is still in our heart.

Cash prizes are gonna be respectable anyway.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Sorry porc, I wasn't that serious ... I didn't want to hurt anybodys pride as a Melee player ;)

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
If the tournament Achoral and Blad have planned in Paris is confirmed, I will most definitely try and make this as well.

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Brawl: 40% of the pot
Melee: 60% of the pot

laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa~meee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually I was thinking that there is too little of the pot going to Melee.
I can understand that they put Brawl in, though. But man, that game is the worst tourney game ever :p

Money is never an issue for me though. I just play for fun(competitive fun ;) )!

Just wondering: Are there many Brawl players in France?

porc

Smash Journeyman
Just wondering: Are there many Brawl players in France?

I don't really know. Brawl and Melee community are completly separated in France. I only know a few names of the brawl players, and I've never seen most of 'em.

I know people from Melee mostly stayed on Melee. And most Brawl players are people that began playing smash bros with Brawl.

We decided to put Brawl in, because :
-As said before, people from Brawl and Melee don't know each other. It will be the first time a big tournament gather both community (in France). It's time for people to meet :)
-This may bring some new players to Melee.
-Every french Brawl tournament occure in Paris... It's time for one outside the capital.
-More people = more love.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I like the reasons. But what is this tournament in Paris willz mentioned? Is there really another one?

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Lol because I've been unable to get to any of the ones so far. I will try and get to a few this year though. And I'm allowed to travel abroad so yayuhz.

:034:

Smash Hero
This looks interesting!

I'm not sure if I'd be allowed to go all the way to France, but I'll try to discuss it...

EDIT: Oh yeah, and nobody of our crew actually speaks French XD

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Dutchman you gotta come!!! I'll try to get there too so I can show you how much I improved XD

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Well, my french was good a school but that was two years ago. Maybe I'll try to refresh it a little...

porc

Smash Journeyman
The goal of this tournament is to gather both melee and brawl comunity and make them play together. It's the first French tournament with the 2 games.
We dont want people to come and participate only one day and then leave / do nothing.

I hope you understand. :)

And btw, where are you from ?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Are there any French tournaments happening in July? If it's possible I'll try to extend my vacation until August but it seems unlikely - and I'm from Melbourne Australie

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Are there any French tournaments happening in July? If it's possible I'll try to extend my vacation until August but it seems unlikely - and I'm from Melbourne Australie
Doraki wants to host a tournament since you're coming. And if I'm back from the US (assuming I can go there ^^'), I'll try to host another tournament, or at least something like a big smashfest with the best and coolest smashers from Paris while you'll be here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom