• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sun Rise Tournament (SRT) [Road to APEX]

Ayuha

Smash Rookie
Sorry, we're late!

Sun Rise Tournament
(SRT)

日出づる国での開催、ゆえに。

Official Web Site ( in Japanese )
http://srt.client.jp/index.html

Facebook page
http://www.facebook.com/pages/SunRise-Tournament/153197718082032#

OFFICIAL VIDEO

;)
Greetings
"Nice to meet you" to all players in Smashboards. I guess nobody should've heard of my name... but don't worry. I'm the official SRT translater, Ayuha, and your host for this tournament will be Rain.
We are waiting for international players now!
:smirk:

Please write in comments! If you are coming, you got to ! We will decide how many international players we will call after we see your comments.

If you are to attend teams, it would be helpful if you comment who you are going to be tagged with.

Information

The largest Smash tournament ever in Japan, and the one to determine who's the strongest.
Japan vs the World. Which will survive the tournament?
To target international players, prize money is prepared (in Yen).

-Abstract
SSB Brawl Singles & Doubles tournament
Entries : 256 maximum
Application start : June
Participation Fee : ¥1000 per day

-Date
10(Fri)~12(Sun) Aug. 2012
※the title says 9th~12th but that's a program error. We are choosing the date from 10th, but it shows 9th.

3 days in a row.
10(Fri) : Teams Pools and Teams Final Bracket
11(Sat) : Singles Pools
12(Sun) : Singles Final Bracket

-Place
PiO ( Plaza Industry Ota)
Nearest station : Keikyu Kamata (Keihin Kyuko Line)
5 minutes walk from the station
Address : 1-20-20 MinamiKamata, Ota-Ku, Tokyo
Zip Code: 144-0035

:( Riding trains in Tokyo is very difficult. We will be offering further information for this.

----------------------

Tournament Rules

Rules for Brawl and stages and so on.

-Basic Rules
1. 3 stocks
2. 8 minute time limit
3. Best of 3. (Pools : Best of 1)
4. Double elimination tournament
5. Items all OFF and set to none
6. Team attack ON
7. Key configs allowed
8. pausing set to OFF
9. If character-color coincides, same color can be used. (Don't try to use the same one on purpose. If you don't like same color matches, please change yourself)

-Limitations
1. Customized controllers are not allowed
2. Infinities (ex: wobbling) that are tended to kill the clock are prohibited (350% is the limitation)
3. Using bugs on purpose is prohibited
4. Ledge grabbing are limited up to 35 times (see: -If time runs out)
5. Round trips under stages are prohibited. Going one way is allowed. (After starting a trip under the stage, it is defined "one way" when reaching the ledge height. )
6. After tripping one way under stage, you can travel under stage only after
either player being hit by an attack
or after landing on an unmoving-platform
7. If sudden-death occurs by blasting at the same time, the player with less damage percent in total wins
8. Circumvention on purpose is prohibited and you may be judged lost by doing this

-Match order
1st set
1. Janken(rock-paper-scissors) for stage selection and controller-port selection (Alternatives are 1-4 and 2-3 for doubles)
2. Winner of the janken can erase a stage from -Stage List at random-selection screen
3. Loser of the janken can erase 2 stages
4. The previous winner selects the stage from the left
5. Start choosing the character (If characters cannot be selected, choose Random)

From 2nd set
1. Loser of the match can select the controller-port
2. Winner can erase a stage
3. Loser selects the stage
4. Winner picks the character
5. Loser picks the character
6. Repeat 1~5 until the match finishes

-Stage List
Starter
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Final Destination
Smashville

Counterpick (for doubles only)
Delphino Plaza
Lylat Cruise
(Bridge of Eldin eliminated)

-If time runs out
1. If either player had grabbed the ledge for more than 35 times, the player loses
2. The player with more stocks wins
3. The player with less damage percentage wins
4. If 1~3 were the same, start a new match of 1 stock and the same stage, the winner of this match wins.

-How to rank pools
1. Wins
2. Stocks left
3. Defeating stocks
4. Results of the head-to-head game
5. If several players have the same results of 1~4, it will be decided by janken(rock-paper-scissors)

About accepted bugs and manners : see Other Informations

----------------------

Other Informations

-Accepted Bugs and Manners

Accepted Bugs
1. IceClimers's coalescence
2. DAC U-smash (K-can); such as Snake and Falco
3. Dropping Snake's grenade in the middle of its throw
4. Invisible Pikmins
5. Lucas's aerial Bs for moving quickly
6. ROB's laser bug
7. Any freezing (making it on purpose is against the rules)
8. Going inside the stage platform. If this occurred, the player that went inside must return outside without attacking. The other player may attack.

Manners
1. Too much taunting is prohibited
2. You must bring back all the garbage
3. Put any "sign" on your controller which makes it clear to whom your controller belongs
4. Put your name on your eatables and drinkables (We can lent you a pen or a sticker)
5. Not to talk personally when the announcement is going on
6. Do not use the trash box. Please bring the trashes back.
7. Though we will store all the properties left in the floor, ones with no contact until the next SRT will be thrown away

:bee:
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.
Questions can be written here or on twitter.

this author's twitter : @ayuha167

----------------

Entries Accepted

I'm writing in entries we've got from the comments here.
If you didn't meant to go
of if you meant to go but weren't written,

please let me know by comments or message.

LIST

quiKsilver (3-15 August)
Sui-Aqua (3-15 August)
AscWolf (3-15 August)
Kuraudo ( 3-17 August )
Frio ( 3-17 August )
Burningpyre ( 3-17 August )
Kyle ( 3-17 August )
Havok (6-18 August)
Volt_Storm
OkamiBW
Hall (6-27 August)
DustySox
NeroCHAMP
King Funk

Mew2King (24th Jul to 14th Aug)
Vinnie

Doubles :
Kuraudo & Frio

-------------------------------------------

Housing information :
houses which can be used while SRT. Still waiting for new information...

Ayuha's house : 9~12 August
BAMBI's : ???
Karaage's : 7~14th Aug
Daiki's : 8~???

Nearest hotel :
APA Hotel Keikyu-Kamata
http://www.apahotel.com/hotel/shutoken/19_keikyu-kamata-ekimae/index.html

Other hotels in Kamata:

Mitsui Garden Hotel
http://www.gardenhotels.co.jp/kamata/plan/

Tokyu EX Inn
http://www.keikyu-exinn.co.jp/pc.html

Hotels in Japan usually don't expect long stays (longer than 1 week).

Maybe you will need to stay at hotel & players' home to stay long.

QUALIFIER

This Tournament will be part of the ROAD TO APEX QUALIFIER Series, By entering this tournament you can get Apex Seeding Points based of the list below!

1st – 1024 points
2nd – 512 points
3rd – 128 points
4th – 64 points
5th – 16 points
7th – 8 points
9th – 2 points
13th – 1 point

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
You should change Dolpic Town to Delphino Plaza. It is the correct name in Sunshine but in English Brawl it's called Delphino Plaza.

Also, you can do a roundtrip again if you land on the stage too, right? (so, if you get hit, if you land on a non moving platform OR if you land on the stage)

;) looks good

Ayuha

Smash Rookie
>>Xonar
Thanx for the stage name!
And you got it right. There are 3 conditions to start another "trip under the stage", and that's the 3.

quiKsilverItaly

Smash Journeyman
Confirmed!
Nickname: quiKsilver (Germany)

Ayuha: Also i am searching with two other german smashers for housing, could you help us? We will stay in Tokyo from 3-15 August

Ayuha

Smash Rookie
>>quiKsilver

3 German players! Alright!
We are planning to open houses for international players, but we're not sure yet. We will announce about housing afterwards.
If you don't mind using hyper small Tokyo houses, though...

quiKsilverItaly

Smash Journeyman
If you don't mind using hyper small Tokyo houses, though...
Haha don't worry, we would love to live in a japanese family and see the culture (one of us speaks a little Japanese, too). Also it would be a lot cheaper for us, and we could play Brawl with you outside the tournament :)

Please tell us early, if you would house us.
When not, we have to find a hostel in Tokyo.
When yes, we would be very thankful and we wouldn't cause any trouble!

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Confirmed from Alberta, Canada

クラウド • :sonic:
Frio • :pikachu2: & :olimar:
Burningpyre • :wario:
Kyle • :metaknight:

Let Earth know I'm gonna do what X couldn't do, and that things'll be different when I face RAIN this time.

West Coast Canada represent!!

Also I'll be teaming up with Frio for this.

Ayuha

Smash Rookie
>>Kuraudo
4 from Canada West Coast! OK!
As there are few Sonics in Japan, we'll be expecting you. And thank you for reminding about Team Registeration!

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I'll be taking money matches and pride matches from all challengers. Also for the duration of the tournament it'd be awesome if we found housing. We're Canadians. We're nice be default. :awesome:

:phone:

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Do work Asc, i'm counting on you to rep the Wolfys hard :upsidedown:

Same goes for you, Alberta. :reverse:

:wolf:

Ayuha

Smash Rookie
As you see, there are still few comments here. (Maybe it's because Japanese players don't have high leveled account on Smashboards. )
We would be grateful if people who saw this thread would tell other players that SRT started moving !

It is possible to find this thread from SRT teaser video. There's a link on the explanations below.

If this thread doesnt become famous enough, I would have to use other way to advertise SRT.

And if any person knew how to spread information effectively, please tell me !

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Not gonna lie I'm pretty shocked that this isn't getting any more attention. I mean sure it's expensive to fly to Japan. But by the same token? It was expensive for Japan to fly to the States as well. Two-way street really. Doesn't mean there shouldn't be less traffic though and hype.

**Havok**

Smash Lord
Me and Hall are coming! I'm staying from the 6th to the 18th.

West Coast, SoCal :)

I think Naoya Katabami (Bambi) will help us but if you could help as well it would be great :)

I know absolutely no Japanese :(

:phone:

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
So as you guys may know, Mew2King is going to this tourney but will not be entering so he can leave early to enter FC.

If possible guys please attempt to let M2K know that him entering means a lot to the smash community, especially since he has the power to win the tournament.

Tesh

Smash Hero
What is FC? Just have the US organize its own little prize for the highest placing NA player. Does SRT have a prize? Maybe after he plays everyone he just doesn't care about trying to win the bracket.

Ayuha

Smash Rookie
>>Mekos
I feel sorry you can't come. I guess coming to Japan is difficult too.

>>Keitaro
Wow, I've seen you in American Smash videos!
I think what you say is right. M2K 's entering will mean a lot. Not only to the smashers in US but to Japanese players too. I might have to ask Otori or others to call M2K.

>>Tesh
おうえんだーん
SRT's winning prize is said to be a hundred thousand yen.
Japanese tournament usually don't prepare money but SRT did. This is for foreign players to come!

I'm glad you guys found this thread!
And wishing many others do too.

Tesh

Smash Hero
So like 1200 US dollars?

Still, would be nice for us to give something to the highest placing NA player when they inevitably lose in Japan.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
So as you guys may know, Mew2King is going to this tourney but will not be entering so he can leave early to enter FC.

If possible guys please attempt to let M2K know that him entering means a lot to the smash community, especially since he has the power to win the tournament.
Wait, what?
What is FC?

clowsui

Smash Legend
The best tournament series in existence in terms of overall experience (Apex 2010 is the only tournament to date that might hold a candle to FC's legacy). FC3, FC6 and FCD are three of the most important majors that have ever existed for Melee and FC10R is a "reunion" event for old-school and new-school Melee players (an FC hasn't been held since 2007 iirc). It's sad that M2K had to make a choice between the two but FC might be the only legitimate excuse not to enter SRT.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
So he travels to japan and then goes back on the date of the tournament? What?
Or does he miss SRT and Japan completely?
Keitaros Post made me confused...

Well I guess, its legit if he wants to go to FC then, even though it wouldve been great to see him brawling the japan players :3
Well maybe he can attend European Tournaments instead with that money xP

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I'm so sad I couldn't pull the cash together :( I was 100% confirmed once I had the money. I really wanted to see Otori-san, OCEAN-san, and Nietono-san again and I really wanted to meet Yui-san since he is my #2 favorite Japanese player.

If there is an SRT next year I will try to attend 110%!

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Mew2King is going to Japan and will be there for the first 2 days of SRT. The 3rd day he will be taking a plane back to USA for a tourney in the midwest called MELEE-FC10R that begins on a Sunday and ends on a Tuesday I believe. It is mainly a Melee tourney, and M2K hasn't placed top 3 in a Melee National in quite a while, so I don't see why he can't just stay in Japan and enter their tournament for a better shot at both money and fame.

M2K has already taken out Esam2x/Nairo/Vinnie2x at the last two tournies he entered. 2 of those guys placed top 4 at Apex and Vinnie could be better than both, and M2K beat all of them. His chances of doing well at this tournament are much more possible than FC.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Mew2King is going to Japan and will be there for the first 2 days of SRT. The 3rd day he will be taking a plane back to USA for a tourney in the midwest called MELEE-FC10R that begins on a Sunday and ends on a Tuesday I believe. It is mainly a Melee tourney, and M2K hasn't placed top 3 in a Melee National in quite a while, so I don't see why he can't just stay in Japan and enter their tournament for a better shot at both money and fame.
I know his reason. Its this man the size of a quarter :olimar:

Ayuha

Smash Rookie
Sorry for my knowledgeless. I don't know what it actually means by "hype" .

Literally it should mean some big advertisement or something. Am I correct?

We would be really glad if anyone teaches me what it means to hype, or what it means just by "hype"

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Hype:
Example 1) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVgZbH5ljgQ (Look at the last minute)
Example 2) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPYX8mj_Zqg (Last minute)
Example 3) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZxks07zUEY (whole match basically XD)
Example 4) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unqMcgptIAA (mid match)

Hype = If you / the people get very excited about something. (A match, A thread, whatever)

That said, if the tournament needs more Hype, that basically means that the people should go nuts about this tournament.

Like everyone posting:

"DAAAAAAAAAAAMN THIS WILL BE SOOOOOOOOOOO GREAT HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPE" etc.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Hmmm... I'll think of something to add more hype. Needs more vids. But honestly... I suppose there's one way of thinking about it.

Sunrise is immensely hype on Japan's side of things. They have the most competitors in their own home turf. Where the US, Canada and Europe are making guest appearances. Much like Japan did as guest appearances for an American tourney. Sucks if this doesn't get more attention on this side of things, but that won't make it any less hype for those that decide to go.

This tournament will be epic.

Top Bottom