• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Summer Smashcon 2013

smash-con

Smash Journeyman
Summercon 2013
June 22-23

TO-
Results from Brawl Singles. This was out of 39 people. We ran pools, top 3 made it out. I was very pleased with who made it out of pools. I feel like the seedings were quite accurate, truly fitting the top three who made it out. Congratulations to everyone and a very good job!
1. Denti :olimar:($300?)
2. JNig :warioc:($92)
3. ALSM :metaknight:
4. Brawlman :sonic:/:marthmelee:
5. BSP :mario:/:luigi:/:falcomelee:/:sonic:
5. MAR :metaknight:
7. Juglo :rob:
7. Noxes :zerosuitsamus:
9. Phil :metaknight:
9. ChKn :marthmelee:
9. Dark :dedede:
9. Erick :toonlink:
13. Mason :peach:/:wolf:
13. Holden :pikachu2:
13. Ramsaur :pikachu2:/:metaknight:
13. Curlz :metaknight:
17. Christin :gw:
17. Andrew :toonlink:

And here's Double's results:
1: Denti & ALSM
2: Jnig & Brawlman
3: MaR & BSP
4: Juglo & Kyuubi
5: Curlz & Chicken
5: Grant & Tyler
7: Dark & BBO
7: Rain & Nox
9: Andrew and Brandon
9: James & Vincent

P:M

1: Oracle ($112.00)
2: AustinRC ($32.00)
3: Xeven ($16.00)
4: Denti
5: TaylorHJ
5: Avery
7: ****
7: Obsolete
9: Austin
9: Pingding
9: JustinSane
9: Citrus
13: Trey
13: Eli
13: BSL
13: Reggie

Melee Singles

1: arc ($200.00)
2: jake13 ($75.00)
3: taylorHJ ($25.00) :marthmelee:
4: pawl :ganondorfmelee:
5: freddy :foxmelee:
5: obseleet
7: avery
7: JF
9: brandon :samusmelee:
9: austin
9: indy
9: jake :foxmelee:
13: wangsterbaiter :sheikmelee:
13: pritch
13: mura :foxmelee:
13: justin
17: ran
17: michael
17: reggie
17: eli
17: alex
17: john eng
17: jacque
17: james
25: robert

Melee Videos on there way

Melee Teams

1: arc and jake13 ($60.00)
2: john(obseleet) and taylorhj ($30.00)
3: austin and avery ($10.00)
4: mura and ricky
5: freddy and jake
5: wangsterbaiter and justin
7: brandon and indy
7: pritch and ran
9: jacque and reggie
9: james and eli

N64 Singles

Bracket

1.Fancy :samus: ($164)
2. Mura :fox64: :luigi64: :mario64: ($57)
3. Jwulf :jigglypuff64: ($19)
4. Uncle Kenny :mario64:
5. Denti :pikachu64:
5. Bomber :link64:
7. Rab%n :kirby64:
7. Stark :luigi64:
9.Oracle :yoshi64:
9.Lion heart :yoshi64:
9. Ping Ding :luigi64:
9. OB :dk64:
13. Denoc :kirby64:
13. Justinsane :falcon64:
13. J-lilz :mario64:
13. Titan0105 :falcon64:
17.Lance :fox64:
17. Zuch17

Doubles

1.Jwulf & Fancy
2. Uncle Kenny & Stark
3. Oracle & Denti

Smash 64 Videos

D

Deleted member

so top 6 in P:M were: (this is a question because i wasnt there for the end.
1. orical
2. arc
3. xeven
4. denti
5. avery
5. taylorhj

?

BSP

Smash Legend
I used Mario, Luigi, and Falco ( one victory lol ) in addition to Sonic in Singles. Luigi in doubles. This is OCD, but there's no way my Sonic alone could've gotten 5th lol. If I practiced more, maybe.

HoldeN HoT FiyA

Smash Apprentice
So much fun, great tournament put on by Bomber and Erick!! Shoutout timee
Jnig - Thanks for the advice after beating me in pools, will definitely work on that :wario: MU. You seemed like a really cool dude!
Brawlman - My man, you've definitely helped me grow the most since I started playing competitively and I can't thank you enough for all the advice you give me. Another great finish for one of the best Sonic's in America!! :sonic:

BSP - Thanks for the friendlies before the tourney, really good player
Juglo - Nice placing, I'm gonna beat your :rob: one day soon!
Phil - I will beat your :diddy:!

ChKn - Thanks for knocking me out the tournament! Lol nahh but you were really nice with Marth, look forward to playing again one day
Ramsaur- Mannnnnn thanks for the 1000 :pikachu2: dittos, you're so much better than I was at my first tournament. I gotta get better at that :metaknight: matchup, will definitely have more knowledge and experience on that next time we meet!

Christen - Took a game off me in bracket with G&W, I was caught soooooo off guard! Lol bucket kill at 30% FTW, but I was the one stupid enough to give you a full bucket -_-

GG's, I can't wait until the next one!!

D

Deleted member

my girlfriend said she emailed it to me but shes being a ***** so idk if she actually did. and its not showing up

Denti

Smash Master
Super awesome tournament.

Also SUPER AWESOME SMASH 64 SCENE!!!

edit: 2 things. Oracle and I got 2nd in Smash 64 doubles, not 3rd.

2nd, Alsm in Brawl used MK.

-Ran

Smash Master
I apologize for not uploading the videos for Melee yet. They are coming [promise!], just I've been very busy with work since the event. My laptop hasn't helped the process since it refuses to properly convert the videos. I'll have to move all the raws to my tower and handle it accordingly.

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
Great event! Good job Smash Con, it was a blast!

Shoutouts later but for now the character usage from everyone that I remember was:
1. Denti :olimar:
2. JNig :warioc:
9. Erick :toonlink:
13. Mason :peach:/:wolf:
13. Ramsaur :pikachu2:/:metaknight:

Oracle

Smash Master
its cool taylor no rush. if it would be easier for your girlfriend to email it to me let me know

great tournament. everyone in LA is chill as **** and so is texas melee. good to see dudes from tx i haven't seen in a long time, yall need to come up to dallas for pm! shoutouts to the **** wagon and dark steve aka "i'm a bird"

Kraezy

Smash Rookie
Great event! Good job Smash Con, it was a blast!

Shoutouts later but for now the character usage from everyone that I remember was:
1. Denti :olimar:
2. JNig :warioc:
9. Erick (not sure)
13. Mason :wolf: (not 100% sure)
13. Ramsaur :pikachu2:

Btw, why are some of the Brawl character icons like Marth and Falco not there?
Eric(k) :toonlink: , Mason :peach:/ :wolf:

D

Deleted member

p:m results

1: Oracle ($112.00)
2: AustinRC ($32.00)
3: Xeven ($16.00)
4: Denti
5: TaylorHJ
5: Avery
7: ****
7: Obsolete
9: Austin
9: Pingding
9: JustinSane
9: Citrus
13: Trey
13: Eli
13: BSL
13: Reggie

D

Deleted member

melee teams results

1: arc and jake13 ($60.00)
2: john(obseleet) and taylorhj ($30.00)
3: austin and avery ($10.00)
4: mura and ricky
5: freddy and jake
5: wangsterbaiter and justin
7: brandon and indy
7: pritch and ran
9: jacque and reggie
9: james and eli

ChKn

Smash Ace
This has been my first near 40 tournament since LAST3 in 2009 lol. I'm glad that I was able to get matches against a wide variety of people, and showed how much progress I've made as a player since I started out in 2009. Now saying that, I still need to improve significantly. I'm finally at the edge of being at the top. Makes me realize what could have happened if I would have played during the wave of new people. I found really big holes in my game, and I'll spend quite a bit of time addressing them. This is the metagame that I've wanted to play for quite some time.

Shoutouts:

Bomber: Glad to finally meet you. The tournament was run pretty smoothly on the Brawl side. I know that turnout was a bit unexpected, but it was handled exceptionally well.

Smash-con: Glad to finally meet you too. Now I will strive to not be skinny fat lol. I'm glad that what you had in mind for the LA scene is starting to pay off. Sky's the limit.

Everyone in Pool 2(maybe it was 3 idk):
Good games to all of you. Congrats to Noxes for getting T7.

Denti: Good meeting you and great job on winning singles and doubles. I think that definitely made up for the 12 hour drive lol.

JNig: Good seeing you again. Tell your bro to stop being a naive ***** and get back to the top of the mountain again in w.e game. Wish we played since I was prepping for Wario =(.

Brawlman: Talking to you, I realized that you have a very good understanding of the game, especially the current metagame. You will only get better from here on out (as long as you work on Marth).

BSP: GGs. Damn frame traps lol. At least I know now. Get your wifi up and teach me how to tech Sonic's dthrow pls.

Mar: At least I played you in doubles lol. I'll catch you on AiB.

Juglo: Good games in doubles.

Pip: Good hanging out with you again.

Dark (Atticus): GGs. You were my first offline D3 that I've ever played lol. Now, I just need to work on this MU. The matches have been replaying in my head over and over.

Curlz: Sorry about dubs lol. I need a really specific partner and to be in a specific mindset to function. Congrats to you in December and happy birthday.

Holden: GGs man. Just keep playing; you'll get to where you want to be.

Adam: WHY DID YOU LOSE THAT MATCH????????

BSL: Good seeing you again and good friendlies. I would have some cliche phrases about the sky or space to say, but you'll probably hear them many times over the rest of your life.

Tura: I wish I could have brought up your drunk posting lol. Good seeing you.

D

Deleted member

full melee results

1: arc ($200.00)
2: jake13 ($75.00)
3: taylorHJ ($25.00)
4: pawl
5: freddy
5: obseleet
7: avery
7: JF
9: brandon
9: austin
9: indy
9: jake
13: wangsterbaiter
13: pritch
13: mura
13: justin
17: ran
17: michael
17: reggie
17: eli
17: alex
17: john eng
17: jacque
17: james
25: robert

BSP

Smash Legend
Shoutouts:

1: Denti :olimar: - We didn't play, but thanks for coming and congrats on first.
2: Jnig ) :wario: - Waft is broken, salt salt salt
3: ALSM - ggs. I need more confidence vs. MK. Thanks for coming out.
4: Brawlman :sonic: - I'm beating you next time. GGs.
5: BSP :sonic: - Do better.
5: MaR :metaknight: :diddy: - Doubles was fun. I just need better dubs characters lol. Thanks for riding with me. Solo trips aren't any fun.
7: Juglo :rob: - I'm probably going to time you out next time lol. I really don't like fighting ROB. Or maybe I'll go Luigi and hope for the best, who knows? Anyways, ggs.
9: Phil :metaknight: - stop SD'ing and you'll be golden. I suck vs. MK, you should've beaten me.
9: Chkn :marthmelee: - ggs and I'll show you how to tech Sonic's dthrow eventually. In dubs, don't watch your partner get sex kicked lol.

9: Erick - Thanks for putting Smash con together, it was fun.
13: Holden :pikachu2:- ggs and keep coming out. It's the sure-fire way to get better.
13: Ramsaur - I don't remember, but if we did, ggs, and keep coming out. You're a cool guy.
13: Curlz - Don't lose to ROB with MK lol. GGs.
17: Christin; 17: Andrew - - ggs and thanks for coming out. I hope I ran our pool alright.

Bomber - thanks for running the tourney too
Mura - nice seeing you again
Adam - You can't stay retired forever

Everyone else - thanks for coming out. We can't have an event if no one shows.

Uncle-Kenny

The Floatinator
It sure sucks that I couldn't place in the top 3 for N64. At least I was able to redeem myself against Jwulf by winning a money match against him after the tournament.

Also, Mura is looking really good. He has some strong fundamentals and I can't wait to see that guy get better. It was fun watching him put the pressure on Erick.

Kraezy

Smash Rookie
Shoutouts:

9: Erick - Thanks for putting Smash con together, it was fun.
Actually I'm the Eric that got 9th, and I just have the same name as the guy. I'm sure he'll appreciate the thanks though.

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
Again I wanna say that this tourney was AWESOME! This was the biggest LA tourney I've ever attended and it was great to see so many ppl come out. But now it's time for some.....

SHOUTOUTS!!!

Denti: GGs in singles and dubs. I'm a bit disappointed that I got bodied by u in singles tho. Especially considering how hard I've been practicing the MU. :( But I also realize how good u are and that I've still got a ways to go. Besides, losing to the guy that took 1st place isn't so bad right? :p Glad u came out and hopefully we'll get to play again someday.

JNig: YOOOOOOOO the best Wario right here! Dude it was awesome teaming with u again. Sorry for dropping the ball out there a few times tho. But your Wario is so hype, especially when u literally **** all over BSP and MAR's hopes and dreams in that 2v1 lol! Wish we could have met in bracket but it's all good. Good job getting 2nd, I was really pulling for u against Denti. Next time tho!

ALSM: GGs man. Our matches were so close! Definitely the most intense set for me the entire tourney. Glad u came out too and I hope we can play again someday.

Bman: Not to shabby but step it up.

BSP: GGs. Glad to see u again. Find your main dammit! U have 4 strong characters, just pick one lol. Also, I'm never d-throwing u again lol.

MAR: GET FARTED ON LOL! Really tho ggs man. Looking forward to playing u again.

Juglo: Good job on 7th. U never fail to surprise me haha.

Noxes: GGs. I had never seen or heard of u but your ZSS is quite good. A bit of advice tho, u should NEVER CP Sonic to Yoshi's Island. It's like his best stage lol. Good job on 7th.

Phil: I don't think we played a single match the whole tourney, which is weird bcuz we usually always play haha. It was still cool seeing u again tho.

ChKn: Good to see u again too man. GGs in our set and it was cool talking to u as well. Thanks for the advice u gave me. My Marth was just a bit underprepared for this tourney but next time it'll be even stronger and I expect the same out of u!

Dark: Y U NO DIE WHEN I STAGE SPIKE U?!? X_X Anyways ggs. Your D3 is quite impressive I wasn't expecting it. I found myself having to ever so slightly play more defensive than usual.

Mason: MS rep!

Holden: GGs man. Too bad we had to play so early. Just keep it up and you'll be beating the pros before ya know it! Ever need any advice u know where to find me. I'm happy to help any way I can.

Ramsaur: Nice finally meeting u dude. You're a cool guy and your Wii is sexy as hell! It was fun playing u too. Your Pika is pretty good. U just gotta work on not SDing and being more accurate with your up-b cancels and down-b kills. GGs, look forward to seeing u again someday.

Curlz: We didn't play and we didn't talk that much but u still cool ppl.

Andrew: Nice seeing u again too man. We need to TL ditto again next time tho!

Everyone else I didn't play but talked to is cool too.

That's about it. GGs to anyone I may have missed. Really fun event, great work Smash Con! Shoutouts to u guys btw, all of you alls hard work is definitely paying of. Thanks for everything you're doing for LA. Can't wait for the next one!

BSP

Smash Legend
Lost items:

Someone switched the SD card in my Wii with another. I'm sure it's my wii because I put my tag on it, but the SD card that was in it is gone. Did someone take it by accident? Mine's a blue Sandisk I believe. I think it was 512 MB. It had homebrew, bootmii, and a lot of roms on it. Let me know if you have it please, and I most likely have yours.

Also lost a controller, but I was asking for that by bringing a whole bag in with me. It was black.

Pawls to the Wall

Smash Journeyman
So Brandon...how about them melee videos? I'm really excited to see them! I don't wanna beg, lol. Time for shout outs.

1: arc - Didn't play ya at all, but if my memory serves me right, you're pretty good at this game. Lol, jk good shiz Austin! Ready for Evo, I can see.
2: jake13 - This is the last time I'll let you put me in losers' bracket. Mark my words. *begins digging grave*
3: taylorHJ - Very well played on coming back through losers' bracket! I was really hoping somebody would beat you there so I wouldn't have to go through all that stress in a second set, lol. Thanks for housing us and just being a chill dude.
5: freddy - SIIIICKK fox man, I had to play on point to get through you. Twasn't easy, and I'm sure we'll face each other again. Head stomp FTW (or was that Taylor? I can't remember :/...if only some vids were there to jog my memory :p)
5: obseleet - Yay, I didn't have to fight you this time.
7: JF - Simple misfortune. F*** Jake :p

smash-con

Smash Journeyman
Big update on the OP. It took a while to get it done my computer has a virus that literally just blocks everything right now :(

-Erick

Pritch

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure I went all peach for the tournament - don't think I was feeling confident in my sheik till later in the week. (not that my rusty ass is what people really care all that much about stats-wise)

Also, no one let me know if there was magic on sunday. Made me sad.

-Ran

Smash Master
Sorry for the delay with the videos. It ended up being 20 gb, and room mates kept restarting routers. >> I had to eventually sit down and splice everything up by the hour and then reprocess everything.

I'll have the rest uploaded later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ewaqrnpp89E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9wiXn41Uk0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j20J68eWcxM

Second one is processing, and the third hour is getting uploaded right now. The full tournament should be up completely by Monday. Once again, sorry. I know everyone counts on these videos to improve. D:

TxB | Ramsaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Ramsaur
Ramsaur: Nice finally meeting you dude. You're a cool guy and your Wii is sexy as hell! It was fun playing you too. Your Pika is pretty good. You just gotta work on not SDing and being more accurate with your up-b cancels and down-b kills. GGs, look forward to seeing u again someday.
I can't believe I'm just now seeing this! Thanks for the kind words man, it was awesome meeting you too! Me you and Holden need to go shoot hoops or something after a tournament, you're a pretty cool guy!
your Wii is sexy as hell!
Ain't it though? Also Gunner is going to look over our MM with me. So next time we play I will NOT be giving you free kills! You'll have to work for them stocks like when I lived to 202%! Can't wait to play you again bro!

Top Bottom