• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Successor of Earth! Saki for SSB4 DLC! (Vote for him in SSB4 Website!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
I remeber from somewhere else on these forums someone had posted a picture of Saki in his ruffian form. Anyways, here is Saki in his ruffian form.

[collapse=Saki Ruffian form]

This is Saki during his transformation into his ruffian form

Here is a size comparison with Airan standing in front of him.[/collapse]
for his final smash he would turn into his ruffian form which would be about the same size as Giga Bowser.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I remeber from somewhere else on these forums someone had posted a picture of Saki in his ruffian form. Anyways, here is Saki in his ruffian form.

[collapse=Saki Ruffian form]

This is Saki during his transformation into his ruffian form

Here is a size comparison with Airan standing in front of him.[/collapse]
for his final smash he would turn into his ruffian form which would be about the same size as Giga Bowser.

That would make a remarkable and fitting Final Smash.

Man... if people only realised the awesomeness of Saki...

When I play his game, it feels like ALL of his moves could easily fit in Smash Bros. Heck... he even ROLL-DODGES.
Especially that part where it's a sidescrolling level. That just reminds me so much of an Adventure Mode in SSB.

I should really post that video more just to get my point across.

Also,

I can't see why anyone would put Stafy at a higher priority. I don't even see how Stafy has a potential move set.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but I remember hearing from sources Saki is more requested in Japan. I can see Sakurai putting him in whether or not people demand him because his Kid Icarus had a similar way of game play (Maybe Sakurai really loves the game Sin & Punishment). I do believe that was the case for his precious Ice climbers. I don't know how many people wanted the Ice climbers but they got in. Maybe, he wanted to introduce Saki before putting him in as a playable character, you know, because his game had just came overseas on the virtual counsel.

He just convinced me even MORE of Saki's chances.
Not to mention S&P got a sequel... It's at least important to Nintendo if in an age of safe-planning they go out of their way to make an INTERNATIONAL SEQUEL, to a mostly Japanese game.

Groose

Smash Champion
This is your friendly neighborhood Groose with a free bump and a minor announcement:

It's your day on Rate Their Chances.

FirstBlade

Smash Journeyman
That would make a remarkable and fitting Final Smash.

Man... if people only realised the awesomeness of Saki...

When I play his game, it feels like ALL of his moves could easily fit in Smash Bros. Heck... he even ROLL-DODGES.
Especially that part where it's a sidescrolling level. That just reminds me so much of an Adventure Mode in SSB.

I should really post that video more just to get my point across.

Also,

He just convinced me even MORE of Saki's chances.
Not to mention S&P got a sequel... It's at least important to Nintendo if in an age of safe-planning they go out of their way to make an INTERNATIONAL SEQUEL, to a mostly Japanese game.
I support Saki but according to Chronobound's research Starfy is more requested. He supposedly is the second most requested "new series" after Shulk. Isaac is also supposedly more requestd than Saki. Starfy has also had an international release and technically his series is more popular if we go by sales... anyways I support Saki, Starfy and Isaac so I hope we can see Saki in the next installment. I agree he just oozes potential.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Saki was one of my most wanted characters a few years ago... Since then many characters have overtaken him on my wishlist, but I'd still be glad to see him playable.

Unlike most others, I think he has a better chance than Shulk, actually.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
We're closing in on Sin & Punishment's anniversary. (Same day as Punch Out's anniversary, november 21).
I thought it'd be nice if we could discuss Saki a bit more.

No matter what anyone says, when I read this http://www.smashbros.com/wii/en_us/items/assist/assist12.html I can't help but get a feeling that Sakurai would have loved to include him in Brawl's character roster.

There were many requests from users for his inclusion, and he IS pretty cool, so I did what I could to include him. After all, this game does let you enjoy a dream cast of supporting characters! --- H-he has absolutely no problem fitting in!
*Many requests: Saki is apparently popular.
*He is pretty cool: Sakurai considers Saki a cool character.
*I did what I could to include him: He tried including him in the only way he could that late in development... As an assist trophy.
*No problem fitting in: Pretty self exlpanatory.

I get people saying that this means nothing... But I beg to differ. This sounds like Sakurai likes the character, aknowledges his popularity, and how he wants to include him as he fits just fine.
No reason why Sakurai would change his mind for SSB4, I think. :D

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
It's about time for us to get at least one more newcomer reveal, whether it be Little Mac or Saki. I'm tired of these returning veterans!

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
One of the things I just love about S&P is how the sequel was released 10 years later, and the game, canonically, takes place 10 years later as well.

The fact that it had a Nintendo event of its own, got an Iwata Asks feature, and is part of the Nintendo R&D1 team, are STRONG reasons why I believe Saki is an imminent newcomer. (Not to mention the fact that he's the main character, as opposed to the usual side-kick/villain requests here in Smashboards).

Now the question is when... S&P's anniversary came and went (and I had a blast playing the first game all the way through... Something always happens which prevents me from unlocking Hard Mode, but I finally did) and we got nothing... Can't blame Nintendo as they had their hands full with Mario and Zelda... and there must be so few newcomers that Sakurai has specific dates set to reveal them.

Here's hoping we get Saki soon. I think he'd be a good Christmas reveal to keep us on our toes before the next E3 batch of character trailer.

Hong

The Strongest
*huddles S&P threads together for warmth*

pls

I'll take anything, even if we can't have Saki, Isa or Kachi.

Maybe Zero Shirt Deko?

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
*huddles S&P threads together for warmth*

pls

I'll take anything, even if we can't have Saki, Isa or Kachi.

Maybe Zero Shirt Deko?
No. Just no. Stahp. Don't you dare bring that curse upon us.

:troll:

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
Little Mac was the first Assist trophy to become a playable character. I now think Saki's got a better chance after that reveal.

Crocovile

Smash Apprentice
I'd love it if Saki is playable. He'd be the perfect mix of close and long-range combat, shooting and slashing everywhere. He already has as mentioned by others before me, both a double-jump and a roll-dodge, plus his ruffian-form would be a perfect Final Smash.

S&P has so much good music, and a unique (if at times weird and hard to understand) story, and if there's ever a stage based on S&P it needs to be this:

I mean, it's perfect. A floating platform that moves around with this amazing background of the ocean and a multitude of battleships and aircrafts floating by in various angles, even appearing as if upside down, when it's really the platform you're standing on that's doing all these crazy angles. And the music, I can't express how much I love the music in this series.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I'd love it if Saki is playable. He'd be the perfect mix of close and long-range combat, shooting and slashing everywhere. He already has as mentioned by others before me, both a double-jump and a roll-dodge, plus his ruffian-form would be a perfect Final Smash.

S&P has so much good music, and a unique (if at times weird and hard to understand) story, and if there's ever a stage based on S&P it needs to be this:

I mean, it's perfect. A floating platform that moves around with this amazing background of the ocean and a multitude of battleships and aircrafts floating by in various angles, even appearing as if upside down, when it's really the platform you're standing on that's doing all these crazy angles. And the music, I can't express how much I love the music in this series.
That's definitely the most memorable stage from the game. But maybe that's because I've gotten stuck in it so many times.. XD

And you're right, it IS a great idea with the background moving and all. Maybe they could even play around with the fact that the platform goes UPSIDE DOWN.

I have no doubt in my mind that Saki will be playable. Sakurai clearly was interested in him before.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Saki is actually one of my most wanted characters for this game. I can just imagine his high flying gunslinger playstyle fitting so well with everything else in Smash 4.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Saki... is my most wanted newcomer for SSB4. I don't talk about it a lot, because people seem to be opposed to him for some reason, and sometimes I'll leave him out of my rosters, but only because I run out of space. He's cool, and I have both S&P games, which I enjoy tremendously. He, along with Devil, Waddle Dee and Dillon, are my most requested. Maybe my fifth is Medusa, or King K. Rool...

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Could I be a supporter for him, please? I honestly thought he would be in SSB4 due to his update on the Brawl website describing him to "fit in battle" with the playable characters

SpindaMaster

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3136-6569-2540
I've been meaning to buy the S&P games for a while now. They look like tons of fun! I fully support Saki for Smash!

insomniac19

Smash Journeyman
I'll be overjoyed if either Saki or Isa make it into Smash 4 as a playable character. Lately I feel more supportive to the idea of Saki though. I even decided to to put him in my sig today!

I have yet to be genuinely glad for one of the newcomers, so I am hoping Saki (or Isa) will be announced before release so I can be even more thrilled for Smash 4! @ ~ Valkyrie ~ ~ Valkyrie ~ if you do plan on creating a support list you can include me in it.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
A Saki thread? And I haven't expressed my support yet?

Full support to Saki! Hey, it's the only male character to get in my top ten, how badass is that? :troll:

ThatPersonGuy

Smash Cadet
In the hopes of bringing more life into this thread, I really want to see Saki in SSB4 because it would breathe life into his character and his series. I could easily see many people making him their favorite character much as I did with Lucas, and the popularity that would stem from that. I'm all for newer series getting represented in Smash, and Saki is no exception.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Sadly, I've never played Sin & Punishment, but I'm pro-Saki.
Venus' moveset is interesting; I like how ammo effects every attack. I would really be behind Saki if he ended up with a moveset like that.

I've mentioned this elsewhere, but I feel Saki's chances are pretty good. There seems to be a pattern of characters getting into Smash a generation late (Ike and Olimar had GC games and got in on the Wii version, Little Mac and Rosalina have games on the Wii and got in on the Wii U version). So, the recent sequel helps his chances. Also, Sakurai basically stated how well Saki fits into Smash.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Found it FINALY. Well how about it my friends what's been happening

Marakatu

Smash Ace
Did I say I support him yet? I've never played any Sin and Punishment game, but he looks too cool to don't get my support.
Also, he has no problem fitting in!

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
After Ridley, this was the second-most disappointing thing in the Nintendo Direct. :( I don't recall, but he didn't even get a series icon, did he?

EDIT: Checked on Youtube, and no, he didn't.

Last edited:

SpindaMaster

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3136-6569-2540
Maybe next time guys, maybe next time. Heck, maybe there'll be dlc that turns some assist trophies into playable characters! I can dream...

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
It bothers me that he made Saki look really nice graphically and yet he's an assist trophy again! well i'm going for Isa and Kachi now...

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Only two things could have disappointed me from the direct before watching it.

Pokemon Trainer deconfirmed.
And Saki deconfirmed.

And well... life sucks... but at least there's Megaman and Little Mac for me. :p

Let's hope Saki gets in next time. At least he's looking better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom