• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stitchface is soooo broken

Citizen Snips

Smash Journeyman
So yesterday, I was fighting a fox. He was standing at the ledge in shield, so I threw a stitch at him and went for a regrab. For some reason, it instantly broke his shield. Why did that happen, and why is stitch so broken?

jaYcob

Smash Cadet
From the stickied turnip guide:

"Shield attacking turnip:
While it is hard to do and hard to position, it is possible to do heavy damage to the opponents shield by throwing a turnip 'into' their shield, It should be roughly positioned so that Peach's extended hand is in the centre of their shield. Normal turnips will linger around the shield after the first hit, sometimes bouncing twice, or sometimes not allowing the opponent to jump from shield, A powerful turnip like stitch, dot and also mr saturn can cause a lot of damage to the shield if it double hits."

rje457

Smash Cadet
I like to pull a stitch, hold on to it so opponent notices, then attack with float canceled aerials. You can't throw the stitch as long as you float cancel correctly. It throws them off since they are freaking out about the stitch but be careful, because if you get lazy and mess up your approach your opponent can easily hit it out of your hands.

Top Bottom