• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Red, White and BOOM! - Henry Fleming for DLC! * Democracy calls! Will you answer? *

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Already took it, Though I unfortunately wasn't into Codename S.T.E.A.M. at the time I took it (due to it not being released yet) so I don't think I voted for Henry,:( I did however vote for Wolf, Lucas, Sami,Pious,and Sturm. Also does anyone here have Codename S.T.E.A.M. and really enjoy it? (still looking for someone to start a Codename S.T.E.A.M. social group, I just don't feel this is the proper place to discuss guides and strategies for the game as this is a support thread.) Any way Henry's eagle strike would easily be his final smash, basically if he engulfs an opponent(s) in his steam blast, a cut-scene plays where he throws the eagle at the opponent(s) and then they go flying.
Well, even if you already took it, post a link to the poll on other websites to spread the word about it.

SmashingObjection

Smash Cadet
NNID
Leviathan
3DS FC
1521-5713-8600
I found STEAM pretty enjoyable and Felming could be a very interesting addition with the steam mechanic. Add me as a supporter :)

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I think you have to beat story mode first.
No all ready beat story mode with all boilers and all sub weapons, I think I know how to get him,
Get 100K medals:glare::dizzy::crazy::cry:
At least that's the rumor I heard, really hope I'm wrong. Also got 18/18 on A.B.E. Gauntlet run, and no Stovepipe.

TheTaoDragon

Smash Apprentice
No all ready beat story mode with all boilers and all sub weapons, I think I know how to get him,
Get 100K medals:glare::dizzy::crazy::cry:
At least that's the rumor I heard, really hope I'm wrong. Also got 18/18 on A.B.E. Gauntlet run, and no Stovepipe.
I wasn't the one who beat the game and unlocked it.
However, the 100k medals thing is true, apparently.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Remember you can redo the missions with additional challenges (Merciless doubles the damage you take from enemies but are rewarded with twice the medals.)
Yeah, though I'd have to do it like 200 times! So I'm wondering if there's a faster way, whats the most amount of coins you can get medal match?

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
Out of curiosity, which characters did you guys used for the first mission of Chapter 12 (Emerald Storm)? Just managed to beat that chapter a few hours ago.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
So if we got a Codename S.T.E.A.M DLC pack with Henry Fleming as our newcomer, 1 Assist Trophy and 1 stage for both versions, which character would you like to see fit the AT role? Personally I think John Henry could work well with his Bear Grenades.

So if we got a Codename S.T.E.A.M DLC pack with Henry Fleming as our newcomer, 1 Assist Trophy and 1 stage for both versions, which character would you like to see fit the AT role? Personally I think John Henry could work well with his Bear Grenades.
Well personally I think that the other's weapons should be placed in Henry's moveset itself. . . So I guess something like Tiger Lily would be my choice as having a healing weapon probably wouldnt work in the moveset

As for a stage I really want Lady Liberty (that is what it's called right?). Inside or out I don't care. Inside could be a really cool idea because of all the equipment and outside would be cool for having aliens attack or weapons or something.

I really need to get the game :sadeyes:

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
The Lady Liberty should take the fighters to the different locations explored in the game (and maybe have an alien ambush at times).

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Well personally I think that the other's weapons should be placed in Henry's moveset itself. . . So I guess something like Tiger Lily would be my choice as having a healing weapon probably wouldnt work in the moveset
John, Califa and Queequeg's weapon would work well for an attack.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
instead of John's weapon he could use the sub weapon light grenade, or burst grenade.
Those aren't as cool though. Sub weapons should be items though, like maybe the Stun Mortar.
Technically, only John can use the Bear Grenades because the weapon is too heavy for biological arms.

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
The other agent's weapons could also function as custom moves for the Eagle Rifle (Rhino Bomber, Fox Rifle, Toto Blaster or Punch Gun could all work).

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
I'll give it a shot and try doing a moveset for Henry of what I've thought so far:

Neutral B: Eagle Rifle: Fire three extremely patriotic shots for moderate damage.
*Custom 1: Fox Rifle: Sacrifice power for a better range.
*Custom 2: Toto Blaster: Sacrifice range for a powerful multi-hit attack

Side B: Eagle Strike: An extremely powerful projectile (stronger than a Bob-omb) but can only be used every two minutes (similar to the Wario Waft).
*Custom 1: Always have one ready to use but a lot weaker (similar to Link's bomb and could also help in recovery).
*Custom 2: Have it be a sticky bomb or simply collide with the opponent?

Up B: Emerald Key: Works similar to any other teleport move. Useful for mindgames (and could still allow Henry to attack in the air).
*Custom 1: Longer range?
*Custom 2: Adds a meteor smash towards the end?

Down B: Overwatch: Counter the foe with the Eagle Rifle with a chance to stun the enemy in any of the shots just like you can stun the aliens in the game.
*Custom 1: Less damage but always stuns the foe.
*Custom 2: Stronger but activates for a shorter time?

I wanted to include the Medi-Carbine as part of his moveset but can't think of a way to implement it without removing one of his other specials.

Final Smash: A.B.E.: Henry just happens to run out of steam and is in danger until A.B.E. appears, rescues him and proceeds to attack the opponent (finishing with Executive Decision).

As for Smash attacks so far I only have this:
Side Smash: Push: His ability in-game allowing him to attack the opponent with a powerful kick sending them far away.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I'll give it a shot and try doing a moveset for Henry of what I've thought so far:

Neutral B: Eagle Rifle: Fire three extremely patriotic shots for moderate damage.
*Custom 1: Fox Rifle: Sacrifice power for a better range.
*Custom 2: Toto Blaster: Sacrifice range for a powerful multi-hit attack

Side B: Eagle Strike: An extremely powerful projectile (stronger than a Bob-omb) but can only be used every two minutes (similar to the Wario Waft).
*Custom 1: Always have one ready to use but a lot weaker (similar to Link's bomb and could also help in recovery).
*Custom 2: Have it be a sticky bomb or simply collide with the opponent?

Up B: Emerald Key: Works similar to any other teleport move. Useful for mindgames (and could still allow Henry to attack in the air).
*Custom 1: Longer range?
*Custom 2: Adds a meteor smash towards the end?

Down B: Overwatch: Counter the foe with the Eagle Rifle with a chance to stun the enemy in any of the shots just like you can stun the aliens in the game.
*Custom 1: Less damage but always stuns the foe.
*Custom 2: Stronger but activates for a shorter time?

I wanted to include the Medi-Carbine as part of his moveset but can't think of a way to implement it without removing one of his other specials.

Final Smash: A.B.E.: Henry just happens to run out of steam and is in danger until A.B.E. appears, rescues him and proceeds to attack the opponent (finishing with Executive Decision).

As for Smash attacks so far I only have this:
Side Smash: Push: His ability in-game allowing him to attack the opponent with a powerful kick sending them far away.
For the Up B customs, one could be the jump booster, also would you like to make a Codename S.T.E.A.M. social group so we could discuss the sub weapons and levels in more depth? It won't let me create a the group for some reason.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I just got Stovepipe, got 100,000 medals, now I need to get 1,000,000 for the next reward. This guy found a way to get 100,000 medals,
You can take out prowlers for a bunch of turns on merciless mode so it doubles your medals. Do you know anyone who has 1,000,000 medals,
there could possibly be a 14th character.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Paraphrasing what I said in the Tiki thread, huge update:
In a Nintendo Direct on 1 / 4 / 2015, Satoru Iwata announced that the Smash Bros Fighter Ballot has been opened to the public! This will allow fans to vote for the character they would most like to see as a playable fighter in Smash, and represents a great opportunity for fans to let their voices be heard by Sakurai himself!

Henry Fleming is a rising star in Nintendo's canon, and with a bit of support behind him, he may well become a new fighter in Smash. While his chances of appearing as DLC in this game are slim, there's still a very good chance he could be a top pick for the next game: that's where you come in! Your support would mean a great deal to Henry and to fans of Codename: S.T.E.A.M. in general, and together we can demonstrate that Henry is a popular character and would make a great addition to the Smash roster!

As far as we know right now, you can only vote for one character per person. It's not quite clear how this will be moderated, so if you want to vote for submit multiple votes on multiple devices, please do so. Be sure to use different personal details if you do so! As well as that, rather than consistently spamming votes for one character (in this case, Henry), spread 'em all out and vote for different characters. Remember to vote for your favourite character and don't feel pressured to vote for anybody else if you don't feel comfortable with it - but if you have another device and want to send in a vote on behalf of Henry, then please do! Your support means a lot!

The time has come, ladies and gentlemen (and other people of non-binary discretion)! Time to make our planet proud and do our duty!

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
Without counting characters from series already represented in Smash, I believe Code Name S.T.E.A.M. (and Henry) should be right now on the middle (slightly reaching the top) of Nintendo franchises missing in Smash and fan response towards it. I think as of right now it goes like this:
1. Golden Sun (Isaac)
2. Splatoon (Inkling)
3. Advance Wars (Andy or Sami)
4. Panel de Pon (Lip)
5. The Wonderful 101 (Wonder Red)
6. Code Name S.T.E.A.M. (Henry Fleming)
7 and so on. Remaining franchises not listed

Luckily, all the characters listed would be welcome additions to Smash in my opinion.

I would have said more than made my Joke about the sequel but I still haven't played the game. Was waiting for the update (which we got) where the game gets sped up.

also waiting for college but that is a different story no one wants to hear.

. . . OH CRAP I HAVENT VOTED FOR ABE HENRY YET. WE ARE FIGHTING FOR DEMOCRACY AND IM NOT USING IT.

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
Do you think in Pit's Palutena's Guidance of Henry there would be a chance for any of the agents to sneak in? My top picks would be either Randolph Carter or Abraham Lincoln.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Possibly~ I'll try my hand at it all the same~ :3

:4pit: Lady Palutena, this guy sure looks like he's ready for a battle!

:4palutena: That's Henry Fleming, Pit. And you'd better believe he's ready for a battle! He's the leader of the elite task force known as Unit S.T.E.A.M. - Strike Team Eliminating the Alien Menace! He's personally drafted by Abraham Lincoln, President of the United States of American, to help in the struggle against the alien invaders that threaten Earth.

:4pit: United States of What-now? Earth?

:4palutena: Oh, it's in another world, Pit. Don't worry about the little details, just focus on the battle at hand!

:4pit: Alrighty then! So what's up with that gun of his?

:4palutena: I'm glad you asked! Fleming's gun, as with all of his technology, is powered by steam. The more steam Fleming has at his disposal, the more powerful his attacks! His weapons will gather steam over time, so don't let him get too comfortable, or he'll be blowing you away in no time at all! Watch out for his Eagle Strike especially: it's a powerful and patriotic blast that'll send you halfway to the moon before you can say "apple pie"!

:4pit: Okay, good to know! I gotta say, Unit S.T.EA.M. sounds like a pretty cool name for a team. Why can't we have a snazzy title like that?

:4palutena: What's wrong with Palutena's Army?

:4pit: Nothing, nothing at all! But it's kinda...bland, y'know?

:4palutena: Alright. What would you suggest?

:4pit: How about Team D.I.V.I.N.E. - Dealing Ice-cold Vengeance to the Insolent Netherworld Enemies!

:4palutena: Not bad, but it's bit of a mouthful, isn't it?

:4pit: Okay, okay. How about if we became a team of stylish super-spies? We could wear high heels and strike cool poses and everything! We'll be called Pit's Angels!

:4palutena: If it's all the same to you, Pit, I think I'll handle the nomenclature.

:4pit: Wait, hold on! I'm just getting started!

:4palutena: That's what I was afraid of.

Top Bottom